Details

Action & Controls

Level Design / Stages

Enemies

RPG

User Interface

Camera

Other

With all this player feedback they better make a good game.

I still think they made the game too easy, but whatever. I just hope it's good.
Based on the alpha and the beta, I'd say chances are very high.

Asia once again proves its casualness.

So they made the game easier because gooks got arse-ravaged? The problem with surveys is they always cater to the lowest common denominator.

Well the complaints about difficulty certainly went down in all areas. I hope the percentage of that is now low enough for them to not make it easier again.

I just hope that the training stage is optional and the fps doesn't dip during heavy action.

This guy did a better translation before those notes were actually released, it's a bit easier to read.
gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product

Essentially yes. It's what they did from Alpha to Beta as well which hurt a lot of the game's uniqueness and design. These new changes aren't as severe but are still in the realm of being either unecessary, misguided and overall focusing on the wrong areas. Plus there's no details whatsoever.

The tutorial was already optional (though you got a sweet wooden sword from it) and the Beta did pretty well in stabilizing the framerate. I'm glad that they at least reiterate it as a priority.

You mean details on what they're changing?

Let's hope they don't get lazy and remove the addd from those boss fights as well.

Yeah. Everything is just "adjust" or "revise" etc. with no concrete examples or figures to explain what will actually be changed and how things will be affected. Just means we don't really know anything for sure and leaves me expecting the worst.

Unlikely since a lot of people found it better to complain rather than see how it can make boss fights more interesting in a different way. It would have been far better to have both depending on the boss, but the ones we had in Beta benefited from it.

That's helpful. I wish they weren't removing the bonus enemies from the twilight bosses though, I'm really sick of multi-enemy encounters being viewed as a bad thing.

Aa long as they keep the tutorial level just that, its own level, and ability to turn off tutorial prompts from the get-go.

I didn't end up playing the beta, what did you anons think about taking away weapon degradation? In the alpha the weapons got done in a bit too fast, and there were way too many same weapons with slightly different stats to be found everywhere.

A lot of this stuff is just basically saying they're going to add in all the features not included / dummied out in the demo versions.

I'd prefer they didn't remove them but I don't think it'll impact my enjoyment of the Twilight boss battles one way or the other. I slaughtered Onryoki so quickly I barley had time to realize skeleton warriors were starting to spawn. As long as they don't touch the super hoard spawning in the Twilight side missions I'll be happy on that front.

The tutorial stuff will probably just new missions in the Dojo. There were clearly more to unlock but we only got the introductory one in the beta, and it was optional anyway.

I'm glad they did. Durability was unnecessary and only added annoyance not challenge.

I think this was probably just a demo thing so players could get a feel of how the loot system was going to work with only a limited number of stages.

I hope they don't nerf ninjitsu and onmyo but rather allow you to develop them into niche builds, even if they're glass cannons.

Yeah, like I said people just instantly want to complain about it. They should keep them in and make them appear faster and more often even, so they can have a more immediate effect. Twilight missions are supposed to be all out optional hard mode versions anyway.

Durability was fine in the Alpha. It was only fast in comparison to other games where it doesn't even exist, and it was nice actually having a system you felt the effects of. It meant you actually had to use both your equipped weapons. Getting those extra weapons was important for the beginning as you could swap between them since you don't have a strong weapon, and you offered them for more repair items for when you did have one. Just taking it out completely was a terrible idea, they were likely going to have the wooden sword be the default unbreakable weapon too.

Ninjutsu and Onmyo were ridiculously powerful and were open to use for anyone, not really niche at all.

I've never seen this kind of global testing before. I know that devs did this to a japan scale but the whole world? That is impressive and a fine way to make a game almost everyone will enjoy.

The flipside is that the developers may make concessions or make things more casual as a result from taking the results too seriously.

Asking for players opinions is asking how to make shit game. Just like what happened with FFXV. Never ask what players think. They dumped down the difficulty in the beta and looks like they will dump it more.

So earlier it seemed as though Nioh would be both ps4 and pc but they changed the wording a bit later and it looks like its going to be ps4 only now, do you guys think it will get a pc port or will it be like bloodborne? Not sure how involved sony is with this game

In theory it should be for the best, but in this case all it's really done is that they've taken most of the opinions from people who didn't play long or learn the game's mechanics and it has suffered as a result by losing a lot of what made it unique and having changes that the game wasn't made in mind for.

For it's whole life even before the current version it's been intended to be made as a PS exclusive, plus there's how Team Ninja feel about PC thanks to what happened with DoA5. It's not the same as with Bloodborne though, and Koei Tecmo have been porting to PC more and more lately but for the foreseeable future it seems unlikely.

Where did this meme come from? Dark Souls isn't even hard. Demons Souls is downright easy. And that's even when you don't choose the builds that break the game and make it effortless. Nice balance. Quite the legacy.

Didn't it run like fucking dogshit and boast an impressive amount of DLCs?
I won't be surprised they got cold shoulder for that shit.

Soulscucks think Le Meme Souls is hard because they like pretending to be "le hardcore gamerrr!" when in reality they only have trouble with it because they're shit at videogames in general.

I like the sound of this, but what confuses me is:
If this means we won't be able to move anymore while aiming, then that's mind-boggingly retarded. I hope that's just a translation error.

I disagree with this. The game should encourage you to use different weapons because their moveset is adequate for the situation rather than simply being trash that breaks too easily. Runs where you'd die felt like a complete waste because you'd only be degrading good and rare equipment. That's just making the game hard for the wrong reasons.

Constantly changing between armor pieces and weapons also means you aren't given the opportunity to fully adjust to a certain set of parameters (which can mess with parry timings and whatnot), as well as the character's aesthetic, which would have been really goofy and make it hard and counter-intuitive just to have a whole matching set.

It will probably come to PC at some point, because this is a third party game in every sense. Death Stranding has a higher chance of being an exclusive for example, especially if they use one of Sony's engine which Kojima hinted at.

Who knows what he's on about. The game was already intended to be difficult in the Alpha, and that was the version a lot of "soulsfags" hated due to the same strategies not working, not to mention the developers have a pedigree of challenge. It's ironic how times change and now only "soulsfags" would enjoy the Alpha.

I wouldn't know about the port quality, but I was referring to how they said they didn't want nude mods but really they didn't want mods to make all their DLC free and meaningless. With all that potential money lost in their eyes I can imagine they're not too keen on revisiting the platform.

Can they do anything wrong? Every time I see something about Asia it's them being great

More like nips have become casualized over the years as casual mobage started becoming more and more popular and the practice of baptizing your children by having them 1cc at least one STG, beat 'em up and run 'n gun in an arcade hall before the age of 10 being less common nowadays

I think they're changing the bow controls to how they worked in the Alpha, and while I can't remember exactly, I'm pretty sure you could move then. I didn't mind the Beta controls though, it placed more importance on lining up the shot. Not being able to move would do the same, but then that's the cannon's specific thing. If I wanted anything for ranged I'd just want the quickshot back, and probably go back to just equipping one ranged weapon at a time, two is a bit much.

That's not how this game really works though. Some weapons are a little better at different things but for the most part each weapon is so well balanced with so many options that you can bring any weapon to any situation. Plus it's not like the weapons broke that easily, you could make it through each level killing all enemies only using your two equipped weapons. Right now there's not enough of a punishment for dying, or punishment in general really, but it still wouldn't be a waste of a run because the loot you gained can be offered to get a headstart on the next run. It all worked in sync.

Weapons and armour (barring different weight classes which still didn't change too much) all functioned the same so there was very little if any adjustment necessary, and changing armour was far less necessary than weapons. Don't think I changed at all in my whole Alpha time except to upgrade, try a different agility class or try different fashion. Armour also looks great when mixing parts, in the Beta I had a sweet wandering ronin looking setup.

Nah I disagree. In the alpha you didn't have a way to buff weapons up in levels so if you had a weapon you liked, you just had to hope you'd get another of it after the durability ran out. I don't remember the name but there's a sword that does earth damage and it has prayer beads on it, I really liked it but if it broke I was fucked and had to settle on something else that may not be as good/cool

Juzumaru Tsunetsugu was my swordfu, but you still wielded it the same way as you did any other katana, liking the look is fine but if you didn't get another similar that was strong enough that's just how your luck is and how loot systems work really, and it sounds more like you stuck with it even when you had better options which is down to you. If it was that much stronger than your other weapons then it would be killing things too fast to get damaged (which at half durability still did 3/4 damage). Soul Matching is a cool mechanic but it doesn't replace Durability, those are two separate things and the game was originally going to have both. Same with Familiarity, and that would be even be better with Durability I feel.

I was immediately thinking the opposite.

When you over focus-group things, try to please everyone, you wind up sliding into mediocrity or worse.
IE. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

That's how it should have happened but you and I both know that wasn't the case. Most people, especially those familiar with From's games didn't want to learn this game's drastically different combat and systems, instead blaming the game saying it was badly designed. I'm reminded of the people thinking combos were inescapable and dodges had no iframes whatsoever because they tried to mash dodge out instead of blocking after getting hit. Then without fully playing through the Alpha or playing long enough to understand it all, they filled in the survey, said they absolutely positively got the Mark of the Conqueror, and here we are now.

Go project your feelings and cynicism onto someone else, user.

Did people not cause many core mechanics of the game to be changed or removed through the feedback, completely changing the priorities of combat and making it overall simpler?

They should have had the survey connected directly to the demo.

I agree, a lot of people might have played the game a whole lot but never noticed the survey. It should have been open for at least a week after the demos ended too, since many would be too distracted playing the game. Hell, maybe even opening it halfway into the demo period as well would have been best.