Earth Defense Force 4.1: EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

EDF 5 PC NEVER-EVER
Usefull links :
All songs :
youtube.com/watch?v=eH52BgHQ1iw
Weapons list :
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
Enemy Health:
translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/pages/5.html
Multiplayer Modifiers:
Multipliers:
Offline 1 or 2 players: 1x HP, 1x ATK
Online 2 players: 2.2x HP, 2.6x ATK
Online 3 players: 2.3x HP, 2.7x ATK
Online 1 or 4 players: 2.4x HP, 2.85x ATK

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/XKz4T
dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-will-consider-a-higher-spec-dx12-version-of-final-fantasy-xv-for-the-pc/
gematsu.com/2016/09/earth-defense-force-5-first-details-screenshots
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1282757
youtube.com/results?search_query=EDF farming crimson
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734489230
my.mixtape.moe/lghody.ct
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm putting a VDF up.
Mission 77, spearhead

For EDF5 I want something like this:

This way you wouldn't need to farm the same shitty mission 1000 times to get the last drop you needed, just beat it once but with very strict settings. Skill is rewarded instead of dumb luck and replayability shoots up too since even after Inferno is too easy for you, you still have extra shit to add on top

All I want is for motorcycles to be controllable and maybe have a thing where you can drop air strike markers while driving it.

And a descend button for choppers, and a speed buff item for AR that makes you move and reload faster

Did they fix the issue with some AMD CPUs yet?

I want to be able to drop-in in the middle of game session. Lobby system is outdated, I hate waiting for a room to be full.

.>Make sure to gather all the soldiers at the beginning and don't let them die.
Probably what I was doing wrong, I only grabbed the fencer squad and then bitched my way back into the mountain at the back of the level, it works up to a point but I generally die right around the point where you damage the Argo enough for it to call the two other transport.

Having only 1200 armor probably is too little as well

That would fuck with the per-player multipliers though

Why not put the multiplier based on difficulty?

There's already a difficulty multiplier

Yet Diablo and every knockoff managed it just fine decades ago.

"All I wanted was to see the European Theater of the 2017 invasion"

Well not quite what I had in mind but what the hell Ill take it.

This feels kinda stupid. Did get a direct upgrade to my rocket launcher out of it though, that was nice.

I want to fuck a giant ant

There's always one of you fags on here.

I personally have no problem with hard mode and most missions up to 50 on hardest, but after that
WEW
E
W

Not sure how anons can solo Inferno mission after 30, they are damn near unplayable.

Hopefully 5 comes to the PC, I want to remove bug.

You fell for the Holla Forums meme retard.

git gud and get better weapons

What else?

Any games up?

What ever happened to the mod support for the PC version? I want my RTS-mode god dammit

Muh dik

It will, likely a simultaneous release due to good sales, and if Xseed is localizing it its pretty much confirmed.
archive.is/XKz4T

WEW

Unreleased games like Nioh, Yakuza 6, The Last Guardian it will be shit, and Gravity Rush.
those first two much like KoF XIV will get a port

nioh PC NEVER EVER

I'll list just a few, but there are many more to chose from if you actually look.

All of above have English versions, all are either out, coming out this year or early next, not even to mention all the myriad of Jap only language games like all the Gundam type games.

Kek.

VDF room is up but there's some chinky pubfag here. Keep refreshing and you might catch a spot

Some of the game on that list have PC port though

shit
pc
ps3 + shit
shit
shit
pc
good
shit + ps3
shit + pc
ps3 + just ok
shit + pc
shit
shit
don't know
shit + never ever
shit

Arslan is on pc too

Why EDF suddenly attract console war faggotry?

You're an idiot.

You're not proving there aren't exclusives on there, just that you're a goalpost moving gub gub test tube snail man.

Here are the PS4 exclusives there:

Thats literally it, the rest are avaiable on much better platforms Final Fantasy XV will get a PC port dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-will-consider-a-higher-spec-dx12-version-of-final-fantasy-xv-for-the-pc/

Fuck man, the stream quality is so shit

any webms of EDF5 yet?

Many of the things you called shit are indeed shit, however:

I haven't played those games specifically, but they're all from series with a really good track record and some great games.

Holy shit, hahaha, you're right. Almost every interesting game is also coming out on PC.
Based japs finally getting on the open platform bandwagon.

To get back to the thread, anyone playing EDF right now on PC? I'm only stronk enough to do hard mode up to level 60~ (or normal up to max, probably) on fencer and wing diver, trying to get some good weapons for ranger right now.

I wonder if giving the ranger access to an unarmed bike for transport would be a decent idea, as they are the slowest class out of the four.

not only that, but they seriously need to tune the controls a bit, even though part of the balancing is that higher level helis manuver better.

and for EDF5, I would be interested in seeing a item for wing divers that either improves flight or power generation at the expense of a second weapon

Not all of the games listed have PC port though like Odin Sphere, Digimon and World of Final Fantasy. I'm sure theres more that I didn't bother to check

That would messed up the balance since Air Raider is the one that can summon vehicle. They give ranger a the ability to run now in EDF5 so theres that

Those have Vita versions, a much better system because:

1. Actually has games
2.Comfy
3.Piracy

Grindan some Ranger after finishing my Air Raider playtrough.
Not too much time on my hand today though, likely tomorrow.

SPOT OPENED UP
REFRESH AND JOIN BEFORE ANOTHER JAP GETS IN

I don't know about the others, but EoH is really fucking bad

KICK HIM, LIKE HE KICKED ME!

Oh, is it just buggy as shit, or really lacking in content? The little bit of it I'd seen made it look pretty decent, another good fanservice title like ASB.

Gameplay is pretty braindead, buggy as shit too, and no fucking balance between characters(hello pet shop)
Perfect for fan service though

STOP HAVING CONSOLE WARS AND GET IN HERE

Ok, Ill make some time
It better be on fucking Inferno faggot

Of course it's on inferno, you fucking retard.
Come here, VDF

it's always on fucking Inferno, double faggot

What's the minimum health/weapon level for inferno? I want to hop on that difficulty as soon as possible for those sweet weapon drops. So far I've only bothered trying hard (usually it's easy) and very hard.

Ok fags every single ps4 exclusive game out, and coming out it also includes VR games However it doesn't include games that are also available to xboxOne but not PC, in other words console exclusive.

These are exclusive to Sony they may or may not have been on another platform like the ps3 or vita, but all are coming or on the ps4.

Nights of Azure

I buy PS4 to play games not available on PC, how much does Vita memory cost again?

I'm sorry, but how do you get in here?
Can't seem to find you room

You only need ~1000 armor until around mission 45, where the need for at least 2.5-4k armor skyrockets.

I wonder if some autist gonna label each game shit and think its somekind of epic bait and not just a waste of time

already full m8

I buy PS4 to play games not available on PC, how much does Vita memory cost again?

LET ME SETUP THE TURRETS BEFORE AGGRO YOU FUCKING NIGGERS

FUCK DRAGONS

Which mission are you playing?

Mountain Liberation

NNNNNOOOOOOO
RELOADED THE WRONG SET OF TURRETS, FUCKING HELL

Truly these people are worse than a million turbo-hitlers combined into a giant mecha-hitler.

FINALLY, AND IT ONLY TOOK 8 FUCKING TRIES! WEW!!!
Seriously though, GG guys love you all, see you tomorrow.

Also, no new weapons

Fucking hell that was frustrating

Some guy just put up a no-limit normal room.
If you want completion, get in

Those tanks are fugly as hell

The tanks look awesome, my only complaint is that they shoot lightning instead of giant red fuckbeams

Which is kind of odd since they have the assets for that.

No reason why there cannot be both.

You have to be more specific faggot
Which types?

I don't think it matters when you have 4 of them…

There are shit tier Vegaltas user

Vegaltas are just generally man-of-reason tier. The Revolver Custom is some deliciousness shit, but the one with double howitzers is like calling an airstrike every 2.5 seconds.

This right here tbh

The hardest/inferno unlocks are sexy as fuck, but when there are 4 it usually doesn't matter what the situation is

Playing on Normalfags now are we?

Well no shit nigger nobody's taking a fire lord up against a bunch of hectors.

You're picking the best you have for the job at hand. Even then it's hit or miss.

Until you multiply that by 4. Then the tides are turned pretty quickly.

Good luck beating anything after mission 45 on inferno with 4 vegaltas, no matter the type.
Not that I'd expect a normalbabby to know, anyways

Vegaltas have gotten me far past 45 on inferno, online and offline. Not like that was the point of my original post, I was just saying how fun it was when everyone's doing it, which is why this is a weird argument. Maybe you should spend more time getting good with vegaltas and less time coming at me with projection in this thread :^)

Eat a bag of dicks
We all know you dont know what the fuck you're talking about.

Here's your (1)

Speaking of which how the fuck would you even do mission 54 on inferno without using one.

Sure

This is probably one of the few cases I've seen where I'm excited for sprint in the game, also the giant frog gore looks fucking cool.

My dick is diamonds

rip

Anyone feeling like inferno'ing now?

Sure

Just put up a VDF, ged in

Forgot to say, mission 83 on inferno

Valkyria Azure Revolution is also getting a Vita version
You also listed one or two PS3 game compilations there.

Wrong thread m8

How the fuck are you even supposed to do this shit?

goddamed GIANT INSECTS

You shoot while simultaneously evading attacks

Which missione exactly(mp/sp) and what class?

I put up a VDF, for Inferno.
Get in if you're feeling like it

Mission 55 solo ranger
Right now the best I got to was the middle of wave 3 with ranger using AF100 and reverse shooter T2.

Also somewhat related question does the team heal from crates scale with your armor level or is it locked to the AI armor level?

Alright since you're playing solo, then your lastest stingray or grenade launcher might ohko the spiders, if it does, take that. Af100 + an explosive is a great loadout, since you'll be dealing mostly with spiders who kill you instantly up close, no need for a reverser.
Rangers team heal scales with the AI only if I'm not mistaken, but I'm not 100% sure.

How do you clear mission 11the one with the first drone swarm on inferno? I've been trying to do it as an air raider with my wing diver friend but we just keep getting overwhelmed. I'm not even sure what I should be taking since most of my vehicles get instagibbed when the big swarm comes and my weapons are shit.

Hide near buildings limit the shots coming in and use electro walls to block even more. Turrets are good too. A non explosive vegaltas or the healing vehicle are probably best.
Wing diver should bring electro bow. You should grab the sniper rifle npc team and bring them with you if you can. Basically turtle up and kill as much as you can while being safe and wait for the naeglings to show up.

I dunno I tried the Stingray MT several times and didn't get very far, probably just doing it wrong though, didn't think of trying the UMAZ though so I'll get right on that, I mostly thought of trying the reverse gun because most of my death are chip damage or getting overwhelmed because the AI died so It seemed like a good idea.

Does Hercules OHKO spiders? That might work too.
Or even a Af-ST

FUCK OFF REEEEEEEEEEEE
I thought that thumbnail was the dreamcast fishing game by sega.
Fuck all of you.

Yeah it oneshots them I didn't really try too hard with that combo so maybe it might just work, the AF-ST don't oneshot though so it's a no-go

If I don't get it soon I'll go absolute madman and charge the horde with a Super Acid Gun, I've had stupider idea work so why not

I've been trying with turrets but my best machine gun turret is only the level 44 Zera, other than that I can only use the ZE10 turret or launcher turret. ZE10 gave me some success but in the end wasn't enough, i'll have to try launcher.

If you've got a second controller, plug it in and set it up to be a wing diver with a mirage 15-w, put a weight on the trigger button and enjoy an easy win.

Won't work. Grind for a ZERX, I guess

Don't use launcher, it'll probably destroy the building that are providing cover. If you don't have turrets, bring a good defense support or, if you have a decent one, using spritefall might work well.

How do you beat Monster Camp on Inferno Online.

Offline is no problem.

Find 3 other good players.
Be good yourself.
:^), are you playing right now? I wouldn't mind giving you a hand too

Yes, but our room is full at the moment. Can't take long before one leaves.

How do you guys deal with the aiming slowdown as Air Raider/Fencer/in vehicles with a mouse? It's a real pain, especially for the really slow aiming stuff. Does everyone just play Air Raider with a controller or something?

One slot is available

The more you unlock vehicles the better handling they're going to have except bikes. You grow to get used to it.

The first helicopter you get is the worst thing I've ever seen, but higher level helis are a lot better.

Created on by myself.
Name: VDF

Will start on Mission 37 Inferno.

That third wave is like trying to fight the entirety or soviet russia as a single man, you just get flooded by reds. And I can't seem to find any commanders in the group below so I can't keep those faggots alive, just the snipers on the hill you start on and they're pretty fucking squishy.
I'm seriously starting to wonder if I'll ever get to a point where I can play inferno with you guys. I think I might just suck at the game.

Get a fast class and kite the ants. Preferably fencer.

Don't worry, you'll git gud sooner or later.
I've got 230 hours in, and I've won 85% of inferno with all classes now, and I still feel too casual for that last 15%

Play as Air Raider, get an airstrike worth a damn so you can equip two of them and a Balam, blow up the first wave with your airstrike so you can get your Balam, and that's it. The Ants can only attack with that grab, so you'll take little damage.
Play split-screen by yourself.

What class are you using, piercing weapons are amazing against swarming ants.

So far I've been playing through Ranger exclusively. I've tried out WD and fencer, but prefer being a standard grunt for now. Plus all my unlocks are on Ranger, too.
Does Ranger have piercing weapons?

Am I missing something here? When I tried them they were slow as molasses.

Fencer becomes fast when you get either a reflector, the level 14 javelin launcher or a twin blast spear

It's the fastest class by a large margin. Put a melee weapon (preferably a spear) in your right hand, and anything with a fast animation (with no build up animation) in left hand (shield, hand cannon, javelin launcher (javelin being fastest but least useful otherwise)).
Boost using the spears secondary, then use the left weapon to cancel the boosts "cool-off" animation. Immediately boost again.
You are now playing armored core.

Slug shotguns pierce and do really good damage as well. The flamethrower is also pierce probably if it's the same as other flame weapons. I haven't played too much ranger though so they might have other pierce weapons.

You didn't read the entire post retard.

Is it humanly possible to beat any of the big final 5 on Extreme Battle inferno solo? I had to switch to normal to beat any of them and I solo'd the whole main game on inferno before

Depends on what do you consider human

You just need the right weapons at the right level and a decent amount of skill user.

No, they are fucking ugly. I wish it looked like pic2.

The turret and the gun look fugly, fugly, FUGLY.

I don't know what these "right weapons" are when af100 and lys z aren't doing shit anymore

bump

I feel like a complete dumbass.

who wants to pray some?

Wasted get, fam

is it time for bideogams yet?

Gonna run through normal without limits.
If anyone wants in, join Limitless Normal

okay, I got some possibly retard tier questions,

1) I am currently running a cracked version. I'm assuming you can only play multiplayer on the legit version. Is there a way at all to move my saves from the pirated version to the legit one if I buy it?

2) If I do get into multiplayer would It be dickish to join into one of the Holla Forums rooms with a fresh character, as long as I try to act reasonable and avoid the front lines?

3) I'm a bit spoiled by the limpet guns and their nigh-infinite range, and playing ranger/WD is jarring given how close range some weapons are. anything I can do to help relieve this?

1) No
2) Yes
3) Get better weapons like snipers faggot

Man, I'm bumping it up to hard. Shit's too easy.
Name is still limitless normal because lazyness though.

well, thank you.
but for #2, do you mean that It is a bad thing to join as a fresh character? or that it's not a problem?

It's possible to transfer saves between steam IDs but it requires some simple hex editing. I assume the legit version uses the same save file system as the pirate version.

Sure why not

1) If you're using steam emu then set the same id as your legit id, you'll be able to move them then. It runs on pirate servers and doesn't use steam, so your id is just a number there
2) You're expected to pull your weight, hard is okay and is quite easy, veryhard is fine for early missions, everything else is no go.
3) Gimpet gun is pretty shitty. Most of the time you won't care about range and every class has both long and short range weapons.

you seem to be under the impression we fags on VDF are actually good at videogames and will manage to carry you, but let me tell you we all fucking blow dick here and can barely carry ourselves with a full team of 6k+ armor lvl90 weapons players spending 5 minutes strategizing before starting each level

How about waiting for Air Raiders to setup the turrets?

Is shit full? I wanted to hop in for fun times.

You don't fucking say
Everyone I've played with from Holla Forums is at least above average

Nope. Only me and some other guy for now

faggot you really need to get the dlc already so we can play the real extreme shit

Shit's expensive when you live in a 3rd world country, buying EDF at full price already set me back quite a bit

kill me
Just recreated it

Fuck. Happens a lot to me so I assume it's on my end, but now I can't find the room again.

It's up again now

Already loving this game's netcode.

It only gets worse.

Wait, are you NNN?

I'm gonna join on my AR with literally 0 unlocks and you'll have to deal with it nerds

room's full

Oh well I'll go start the solo campaign for now then so I can join with about 1 lvl10 unlock and 210 armor later

It's not like it matters.
No limits so it's a fucking clusterfuck and the levels get cleared as fast as enemies can spawn

Rip server 2: electric boogaloo.

Yup, that was fun.

Rip host he got rekt by his br isp

Aaaaany second now

It's back.
Sorry

That one guy sounds kinda salty about not being carried to level 30 gear within 10 minutes. Just sit back and enjoy the show, nigger.

BOXES

A spot just opened up

Man this dlc is some fucked up shit
there's also 2 erginus hidden off camera, and you don't get any balams for this one

Stop it, you're making me want to drop 1/16 of my monthly income into it

Don't forget about the crazy new mutants too, like the bull ants that tackle you, the turbo ants that run faster than WD can fly, the boss spawner tunnels, the SPRINTING DEROYS and this funny little guy too

Those fuckers have reaction and speed that's insane. I exit the vehicle and get grabbed the milisecond I do. Kill that one and the second grabs the milisecond I get up again.
No way to move away, run or react.

FUCK EM

How about no?

top kek m8

Oh shit you are ACTUALLY a huge fucking casual
Just uninstall the game and then uninstall yourself from life my man

What kind of hero brings four blast spears to fight giant spiders

japs are garbage at this game, and at games in general really

REMOVE IMMIGRANTS
E
M
O
V
E

I
M
M
I
G
R
A
N
T
S

gematsu.com/2016/09/earth-defense-force-5-first-details-screenshots

BASED SANDLOT SETTING THEIR PRIORITIES RIGHT

shooting Pepes and Immigrants?

journos are going to have a field day with this one

So, this is a different version of the Second Invasion?

EDF5 confirmed for dinos, too bad the model and animation is recycled

also the japanese girl needs to take her meds

okay i take it back, the rolling motherfuckers from PS2 have returned

10 times bigger

This isn't out and it's already GOTY 2017

I want to put my pee pee into the new WD's poo poo.

(checked)
But user, dinos have feathers.

It's shit because it's $12 for something that required little to no effort to actually produce. Fuck paid DLC and fuck you for jumping to its defense.

Water is fucking dangerous.

THE EDF DEPLOYS
Also, praise kek.

Well that's embarassing. Let's check

LOL

So games are worth their pricetags just because they are long, got it.

Consider the following: Just because no new models were created, it doesn't mean that there aren't new gameplay mechanics in place(see the new enemy types)
t. poorfag who can't afford dlc

I can smell the Kotaku on you.

I don't even have the DLC, I'm just saying that only because they're texture swaps it doesn't mean that the gameplay isn't different.
I was being ironic when I said "t. poorfag", I'm literally poor and buying this DLC could put me in the red even harderI need a budget

What a sad faggot

Yeah, its already been confirmed
Different timeline

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1282757
AYYYYY

I really like the new designs for the soldiers.

What about Fencer and Air Raider?

Neofag never ceases to amaze me.

They removed them just kidding, they haven't announced them yet because they want to make a big reveal for the new designs
also for the new class

OY VEY

Fuck you faggot, not falling for that bullshit
I wonder how the new Air Raider will look like, I really want to see the new mechs in action too

That's retarded, but it did make me imagine what it'd be like if you had a versus mode where one person controls dropships or one huge Ravager.

The monstergirl class is coming and there's nothing you can do about it

Well, the game isnt out yet. How do you know what the immigrants will do? Better shut up and check your privilege you rascist xenophobe

I'd play it, stealing waifus as a spider would be pretty fun.

Why do these SJW cuckholds even like Japanese games?
Why is NeoFag such a retarded messy shithole?

It also looks like the are now trying to petition xseed or contact them to get them to change it or else they won't buy it.

I also forgot to mention that I have no idea of how these fags manage to get into these industries and ruin them. They clearly hate Japanese shit yet talk about how much they love it and then will actively ruin it. It reminds me of how that new south park game has everyone at ubisoft who works on it bitching about how they hate to work on it since it offends them so much.

you fucking wot m8?

Apply yourself.

Not really. They are just irritating. Crimson is a easy farming mission with the right setup.

You think Tom will crack?

You should have seen when the Berserk Musou was announced and they showed the Casca DLC.
Jesus, how do these faggots live with themselves?

might wanna look up what insects are, WD are psychics if anything

Apparently the japanese call them immigrants in engrish, not a japanese word for immigrant. So if they try to change that in localisation, they either have to redo the japanese audio or not include the japanese audio option. Neither of those should be an option.

My main problem is that I don't have said setup probably, what's the setup?, since I haven't farmed ANY missions yet. Just a straight playthrough from mission 1 to Crimson, Ranger only. Main setup is AF18RA with a Stingray M3. The slug shot someone suggested earlier doesn't appear to be piercing multiple enemies, even if it's description does say "armor piercing" and I don't have a flamethrower yet. I don't mind farming for a better weapon, but I have no idea which one would be better.
Also I could just drop the difficulty for one mission but that's the faggot way out.

Do you play any other class besides doomguy?

Not yet, I want to just run through the entire game as each class. Blame my autism.

Then you'll need a big fucking launcher for this one, and a shotgun for when you get grabbed. Slug shotties are good but anything works really as long as you don't miss, and for launcher I recommend the Volcano B10 or the best Stingray you have.
Also make sure to recruit all the troops before the second wave comes

yeah no this is physically impossible even on hardest

Air Raider with a Balam or Wing Diver with anything that doesn't arc or explode.

What slug shot are you using, the level 10 one? I don't even have that one, so I can't tell if it pierces. The slug shot bc definitely pierces though. It can drop in hard starting in mission 18 if you want to farm for it. It'll serve well in the upcoming tunnel missions so it's worth getting.

Created a room called Limitless VDF
Gonna run through hardest a bit, no limits(for armor or weapons).
Also, please, signalize that you're from Holla Forums somehow(subtle if possible)

Best setup is Air Raider with the flamethrower helicopter and a buddy. Once all the NPCs are dead the ants will stack up right below you and you can kill them all in a neat pile.

VDF ROOM UP COME TO CARRY EVERYONE ELSE

See you guys later, sorry again.

pls join

Fine

Is it still VDF?

What are you using for Wing Diver exactly? Just close combat weapons like Rapiers and Lances?

Stand on a tree. You avoid electric weapons and explosives so you don't break the tree.

I get these games are very low budget, but I doubt coding some decent object collisions would bankrupt them

I need to grind some other classes other than Air Raider.

Vehicles with turrets on top did the trick though

Keep on believing though.

How are the servers set up for co-op in this game? Do you have to put up your own server with all that port forwarding bullshit?
I was thinking of playing this with a friend but neither of us can get a server running.

Its lobbys nigger
Couldnt be easier if they tried

Great, i'll buy it on the next sale.

YOUR BORTHERS A PEDOPHILE BOY

I've got 70 hours logged so far.
My ranger have 1014 armour.
My Fencer is at 800 armour
My Wing diver is at 700 armour
My Air raider is at 1700 armour.

I've got 13% completion. I don't think I'm ever going to get even 20% never mind 100%. Christ it's a tall order.
It's not really a difficult game, it's just grinding for armour gets boring after a while.

If the grinding gets too bad, you can always just use CE. Don't go overboard though, 4k armor is more than enough for most of inferno(probably a good idea to have at least 7k for missions 85+ though)

I can do inferno up to about mission 30 then have to lower it to hardest.
It does get annoying when people with 300 armour come into rooms where the difficult is set at hardest, just so they can stay at the back of the map, let others do the fighting and they get weapon drops.

It really depends on your goals, I guess.
If you want to clear all of Inferno, you'll want at least 3k armor + pretty much all high level weapon drops.
Honestly, I really can't be mad at people who cheat but can still pull their weight on multiplayer, even though this game is quite fun and crazy, there are few things more braindead than to farm armor(Brute Force on easy) and weapons(Machine Squad on Inferno)

Armor on Inferno doesn't actually matter at all because every other thing will one shot you regardless. Spiders will fuck you up in the same split second whether you have 300 or 8000 armor, it's all about using the right loadout and tactics and SKILL.
Armor's purpose is to forgive your mistakes, so when you stop making mistakes it simply becomes irrelevant
GIT GUD

youtube.com/results?search_query=EDF farming crimson

learn, nigga!

You say that but there's still a couple missions I have no fucking idea how you would clear, especially with less than 10k armor.

Which ones?

Right now I found that I can't beat those ones as ranger

Everything is smooth in the first part but as soon as the 4 queens appear I'm fucked, even the highest DPS weapon in the game can't do shit and trying a loadout purely optimized for talking the queens out would fuck me in the rest of the mission.

Even by rushing the second set of nests to get as many as possible before they pop anything I still get badly fucked, not even sure of what a good setup would be to be honest, could always just cheese it with splitscreen because this mission is a cakewalk with the air raider using gigantic howitzerx2

Honestly not a fucking clue, last time I tired I got to spawning the last wave and died while rolling into a bunch of health crate, I could probably have beaten it with more armor.

And that's only with the ones I tried there's probably more that will destroy me.

Don't focus on the queens first, their attacks are actually pretty predictable and easy to avoid. Trim the mobs first and then take out the queens from afar
Don't rush the nests, first kill shit (specially the fucknig spiders) and then blast the nests when they are clear one by one. All it takes is patience because you'll end up fighting a ton of shit for a while, but it's manageable with a AF100
This one is pretty tough yeah, but still more of the same really. Positioning positioning positioning and using the npc recruits as bait

Yeah I don't know how the fuck I didn't manage that easily, the queen always line up nicely on the highway if you focus on red drones at first so a stringer J9 wrecks everything.

I tried that at first but I can't even survive the first wave from the second set of nests at all, nevermind clearing it before the repop, maybe I'm using the wrong loadout though, the best results I got were from AF100 + MEX5 but that's not saying much.

Holy fucking shit, nailed it
Razed the whole fucking complex to the ground before making the second set of nests spawn, started it from the middle of the map and killed 8 nests as fast as I could, retreated back to the starting point and sniped the rest nest with the stingray.
Fuck white spiders

Also, is there an armor system (certain weapons having a modifier against certain enemies) in the game or am I imagining shit?

Monster Camp Online

The first slug shot does say it's armor piercing, and doesn't seem to pass through enemies, so maybe?

FUCK SILVER KINGS

bump

Is this the end of mankind?

Maybe someone will start one later?

This fucking sucks.

This is what getting raped feels like.
F

Oh, apparently I also got over 4k armor from it. I feel like I have to go start a new profile and give up 50 fucking hours of play. And then have it happen again.

Here, give the finger to the hacking cunts with this
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734489230

idiot defense garbage.
i hate this garbage, and the idiots who shill it are irritating as hell.

stop spamming thread about your idiotic outdated garbage game just because it was made in japan, that cursed garbage country.

Is there a save editor out there (or just instructions on how to edit them or whatever) that I could use to lower my armor and get rid of the unlocks?

this is some low quality bait friend, last time I bite

No, but there's a ARMOR REDUCTION FUNCTION BUILT IN THE GAME WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW THIS ASKLAKDJFDF

Basically there's a script that allows you to edit how much crates you grabbed during a mission, I used it to multiply armor drops by 5 because looking at the same fucking nest for 5 hour isn't exactly fun and neither is doing the same mission you already did 50 times in a row, at-least for me and also to monitor how much crate I grab during missions but there's absolutely no fucking reason you would ever use it online unless you're doing one of the following:

I'm actually wondering if you couldn't use the same script to prevent cheaters totally by freezing the crate values to 0 on your end, it might only work if you're the host, or it might not work at all depending on how the game deals with the shared crate pool in online multi

Nah, sadly you can't edit the numbers directly , maybe you can try editing the max armor value using cheat engine but I don't think it will work.
You could also just cheat your way back to where you were before armor wise on a new file, you did it legit once so honestly no reason you should care.
Or you could just use the armor reduction function included in the game (adjust armor on the loadout selection screen)

Link to the script?

my.mixtape.moe/lghody.ct
Needs Cheat Engine 6.5.1 to work

LET'S FIGHT

So if EDF5 is a reboot, does this mean Ohara will be back?

You win!

fuck off loser

I know about the adjust armor feature, but I'm not going to constantly use it every single fucking mission.

I want to just back up my saves manually. Are there multiple save files in different locations I need to be concerned with? What about the Steam cloud save shit?

Save files are contained within a folder that is named after your steam ID64. Just copy that whole folder. I do this before every online game with new people.

It memorizes the number you last set it to.

I won't be able to create a room until the 30th most likely, so sorry.
It's time to let go

Goddamn BR traps

I assume I'd still have to adjust for any new armor I get.

You could use cheat engine to reduce the amount of armor you've collected. Weapon unlocks are probably fucked though

Looks like someone didn't play Inferno enough.
Some enemies are designed to do residual, hard to avoid damage on you(wasps, drones) so you WILL take damage, and even if they weren't a thing, you need a bare minimum of armor that survives a single stray shot from ants, hector, etc. Spiders and Ants will always nuke you at point blank yeah, but this doesn't mean that armor doesn't matter at all.

If you want to be autistic about it, I guess.
Let's say you want to solo Inferno, set it to 2k at first and increase 200 every 10 missions, or something akin to this. Unless it really triggers your autismos.

Really? made me think that was impossible. With the weapon unlocks I can just not use the two good weapons I know I got until I get them again.

well, I used it to directly increase how much armor I had picked up lifetime so I assume you could reduce it the same way.

Are the only save files I need to backup the ones in document/my games/ or are there more files, maybe in the steam userdata folder?

Steam\userdata\ \\remote
Is where anything steam has will be kept.