What is the Twin Peaks of video games?

What is the Twin Peaks of video games?

Hard mode: No Deadly Premonition

Condemned

Shenmue
Because both of them will never get finished

amazing thread OP, real amazing thread

Go die in a pit of despair you filthy template poster.

The challenge here is to find an equivalent without taking the easy way out.

Well Twin Peaks is returning next year, I hope they tie some of the lose ends at least. I'm afraid it won't be as good though.

MGS5

No idea but this thread needs an OST

That song evokes intense nostalgia for me.
I heard it all the time on a late night radio show when I was a kid and I didn't know where it was from. When I finally watched Twin Peaks it came flooding back.

Holla Forums posters are absolute trash

Silent Hill 1.

As much as I hate Kojima but like David Lynch, I must admit Kojima is the most similar to him. Both will go off on tangents to a retarded degree.

No, Swery is Lynch.

Kojima is more like Christopher Nolan in that his fanboys are insufferable and he thinks he is more clever than he actually is.

bit harsh m8

90% of Holla Forums is shit from cuckchan and facebook.

Except David Lynch has more talent and wit in his left nut than Kojima in his entire body.

only thing from lynch i liked fam was dune tbh n he took his name offa dat shit monjica

ff8 obvi fam shit was dum

What about Mulholland Drive you fagget.
Or Eraserhead.

Can't believe no one said deadly premonition. Maybe it cause that game is shit.

>>>/specialmemefresh/

A failed TV pilot with an ambiguous ending slapped on it to stretch it out to the length of a film? No, there's no good reason to like it

lol wtf is twin peaks

>>>Holla Forums

I got some twin peaks for ya.

You are a fag

dey wuz jus on sum 2 deep 4u bull monica tbh i felt it been prolly 10 years since i seent em. ain't seen eraserhead but i been meant to watch it fam been on muh netflix q fo eva

i ain't like six men gettin sick or the alphabet neither nigga

cowboy n da frenchman wuz funny tho

Which season was the best?
Personally the 2nd was a mixbag even though it had great episodes like the 8th and the 22th

disgusting

So is Twin Peaks just quirky because the main character is weird, or does it get supernatural/surreal at any point?

Both

Shigesato Itoi said that he got quite some inspiration from it for MOTHER 3. Actually MOTHER 3 for the 64DD was originally going to have a detective setting of sorts.

Next your gonna say that jack and jill deserve a grammy award

Why do you bother replying to shitposters?

Neat, maybe I'll give it another go.

grammyz is music u dum fukkn troll. nigga i'll watch eraserhead right fukkn nao if u want fam. but if it suck i'ma come fo dat ass nycka fo'real

i mean if i ain't like lynch shit u think i'ma like eraserhead tho? illiterate re-telling of wut fam u ain't makin no sense cuh

It's an insult to lynch to even be compared to kojimbo

Filtered

>(((1)))

The supernatural stuff kicks in fairly early on, and then it just gets crazier and crazier and sometimes terrifying.
I also like how it mimicks soap operas at the time, I can imagine many housewives gave up halfway because it was way beyond what they expected.

I just wanted you to think for a bit instead of giving me the obvious "Deadly Premonition" answer.
I also wanted a Twin Peaks themed thread because Holla Forums is shit

Daily reminder that Prometheus was idiotic garbage and only people who think like Ken Levine liked it

Is there a David Lynch of video games?

It ain't Kojima. I like Metal Gear but Kojima is a little too trendy and commercial to be a proper analog to the guy who told George Lucas to fuck off and make Dune instead.

Maybe Yoko Taro? They're both batshit crazy and can't quite into the basics of their mediums, but the stuff they ARE good at is appreciated by those who are so deep in they know what's bad and just want to see what's so weird it makes up for it.

Sonic Adventure 2 battle

This game.

What are the OPs of template threads?

Hard mode: not utter faggots.

OFF

Isn't there a new Hotel Dusk that just came out this year?

more like Twilight Zone than Twin Peaks, but still a great pick

Suda51? Well, maybe halfway between David Lynch and Quentin Tarantino.

That's really more a Stephen King wannabe.

That's a funny way to spell Midens.

It's called Chase: Unsolved Cases Investigation Division – Distant Memories, it's coming out on 3ds eshop in October.

It's pathologic from icepick lodge

pretty much