What race are you playing?

What race are you playing?

Are you playing with or without friends?

Overall thoughts on the alpha?

Other urls found in this thread:

divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Opportunist
youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
lar.net/2015/09/07/where-are-the-women/
orogion.deviantart.com/journal/Save-the-Boob-plate-380891149
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice dubs.

Heil Hitler

Post lizard tits

How about an assortment of lizard tits?

Holla Forumseddit being retarded as usual.

ebin

Need more my good user

Go back to leftypol you triggered nigger

You could just play OS2 my man.

I might pirated it my lad.

I still gotta play the first one, I'm here for the tits.

I am not gay.

EARLY ACCESS

I think a torrent for the game has recently appeared. Act 1 is available as of now.

I just hope we get battle music to rival what we had in OS1.

Your father think you are and he is right.

Too bad the composer died.

The composer for DOS2 is new blood as far as I'm aware, but I like his work for the main theme.

Having a lot of fun with this game. Looking forward to the Linux port they promised, right?

You can play as a lizard this time around?

Human, Slut, Dorf, Snek, Skeleboner are your choices from what I can tell, with Skeleboner not being in the game yet because
EARLY ACCESS

Humans get a rallying cry that buffs the party.

Elves see the memories of corpses they eat, opening up unique events.

Lizards get a guaranteed fire ability and bonus to intelligence.

Dwarfs can petrify people into stone and disable them for a few turns.

As you can see, humans get the short stick.

The main issue I had with D:OS was the piss poor combat and the fact that half of the talents, skills and abilities were worthless. When I played the game I made one of my characters a tank with all the possible survivability skills and wound up being completely useless because mobs just ignore tanks and there's no way for tanks to punish mobs that ignore them and there's no way to draw aggro/tank/taunt or anything like that. Which was incredibly stupid - what's the point of designing defensive skills if they're 100% useless? Bunch of other skills were useless too: most melee combat skills and a few of the magic branches were pointless.

So my question is this: if I pick up the sequel, can I expect these glaring issues to have been addressed?

I can't say exactly how you built your character, but warriors became one of the best builds later on in the original game.

As for DOS2, some of the classes are indeed better than others. Enchanter is one of my favourites due to having an AOE damage spell, a freeze and a heal. It makes them very versatile compared to e.g. Witch, a class that seems to generally just fuck over your party.

Concept of "tanks" is stupid shit for MMOs. The AI would be retarded if it didn't try to geek the mage first.

when is this coming out of cancer? I really liked the first one.

And the game's systems would be retarded if you could just run past a dude wearing sword and board without getting stabbed. Most RPGs have a system in place for this: D&D has attacks of opportunity, PoE has the engagement system (even though it's shit, it's still there), MMOs have thread, etc.

The first game was in early access for roughly six months, so I'd expect the second game to possibly be in early access for even longer considering the scale of it.

Divinity Original Sin uses the D&D attacks of opportunity. The game is basically a digital version of D&D.

That sounds great. Guess I'll wait until it gets out of early access. Hopefully that isn't too long.

Just pirate when it ever comes out, EA usually means it won't come out this year, so next year, also watch out for the next "Enhanced" edition bullshit they'll come out next.

I don't remember Larian ever being able to balance.

There are some issues with their current system as far as that is concerned. Mage armor resists gives you points of resistance against magic and regular armor gives you points for regular damage. Which means that heavy hitters should b-line towards mages and mages should fuck up melee hitters.

Rogues get damage that ignores armor. Which is likely to end up making them super useful since it is easy to end up with spells that give decent amount of armor for level 1.

You have to get that perk, though. Which is one thing I don't like about the changes from OS to OS(EE).

Why worry about an Enhanced Edition? Larian has already shown if you own the game you get the upgrade for free.

No it doesn't. I clearly remember there being a fight in some sort of camp with the entrance acting as a tiny chokepoint and I had my tank and my 2h dps warrior "blocking" the chokepoint and every fucking mob in the camp just squeezed through the entrance and beelined straight for my 2 casters as soon as they woke up and the fight started.

divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Opportunist

God rest his soul

Things like resurrecting a skeleton that summons skeletons that summon skeletons is part of the charm.

Well, I'm glad I never got around playing EE for long. Sounds annoying.

Holla Forums was a mistake

How would you guys rate the handling of racism in the game?

Playing as a lizard has quite a lot of NPCs hate your guts because they immediately assume you owned slaves and are stereotypically British levels of stuck up.

???

As much as EA is a cancer, let's be fair that Larian, despite their glaring flaws, did EA correctly and gave everyone who bought the game the "Enhanced" edition for free.
I'm still just worried the game will be pozzed up because
I hope the people in the company saw that it didn't do them any favors, the game sold like hotcakes and achieved near-universal acclaim, and did so without pandering to these fucks. If they go that route, OS2 will likely sell quite a bit worse in the long run.

Go make a sword and board character. Take that talent. Try it out in combat. Report results on how utterly useless it is. Unless it was changed in a post-release patch, that talent was a fucking joke and did not prevent or punish mobs running past you to beat up on your squishies.

That does sound fun. You don't see that kind of thing much anymore.

Its not as bad as it could be. I was extremely disappointed she didn't respond to me having the Red Prince in my party.

It allows you to be a dick, and I enjoyed playing up the cannibalism as an elf. Given that my first reaction to corpses was to immediately start scarfing down body parts to see what information I could find, their prejudice was perfectly justified.

since I am only gonna play the game once I'd like the game to have everything in it when I play it.I do this with most games.

Are they fucking serious?

femenist

Hey, anything to get my Divinity 2 Ego Draconis squeal.

I want it too, I want draconis sequel too.

*Ask anons what's up with the dialogue system and fart afterwards*

It's emulating the D&D style of describing what your character is going to say. It also leaves enough vagueness for the player to imagine what is being said without being directly told.

Wait, this is a sequel to ego draconis? I thought this was a sequel to that divinity game with the high heeled chicks?

The only correct answer is to play a snek.

No it is not, this is the sequel to the first OS.

However if the game makes enough money devs might make ED 3. I hope

I never played any of the Divinity games.

Which are the ones worth playing?

Should I play now or when it comes out?

Why would you play an alpha for a single player rpg?

Why even post when you don't even know the basics of a game?
This is modern Holla Forums isn't it.

There's about 16 hours of content currently in the alpha. Take that as you will.

Who are you trying to kid? It's a linear experience. Why would you want to test that?

But it isn't, there are around a dozen ways alone to escape Fort Joy.

You're only supposed to test games without linear stories.

what
why

So is it linear or is it not? You can't be linear and yet have multiple branching paths. That's a full on oxymoron.

Nice goal post shifting stupid. It isn't linear either.
Look up your shit before posting.

He is an idiot trying to save face after being proven wrong. Ignore him.

That's more than most games I'd pay 25$ for provide. I kikestarted it.

the first one is cute.

any pics on that?

Here's concept art of the undead.

One of the Undead Origin characters (characters with a preset backstory and possible companion) is being written by Chris Avellone.

What is Holla Forums's obsession with lizard girls?

So are the Origins only for premade characters or is it going to let you make your own as well?

You can make your own custom characters.

Right now there's

Furries

Let's not start again please.

too

late

it only takes ONE MENTION

It's the truth.

Divinity Original Sin, and I think Dragon Commander, also came out as Early Access. I'm pretty sure they're still sticking to the December full release date. There's a ton of shit in these games, so they need as much playtesting as they can get. It's why almost no one is dumb enough to make big open world games with lots of choices. And they'll be adding and changing tons of shit well after the game's release. Larian isn't really known to fuck over their consumers. I hate to say it and sound like such a shill, but it actually is okay when Larian does it. Everything could be lame and go to shit, but it's unlikely.

Lizard. Still pondering if I'll do Red Prince or custom at release. Also enjoyed running as an sophisticated barbarian dwarf autistic cunt.
By myself.
Looks to be in the right direction. Lots of work to do, though. There might still be a bit too few dialogue branches.

First game I've seen in a long time that has playable undead and lizard people.

So is there a torrent of this yet? All I've seen is one on piratebay, and I thought that hole was a trap nowadays.

It's not a trap, more like a piracy gloryhole. You're probably gonna get your dick sucked, but you can't know by who or if they are going to cut your dick off right away. There is a shit ton of fakes.

top yiff :^)

DOS1 dude is dead, lad.

So yeah, your awareness is right.

what was her name? fuck i cant remember, not even the name of the movie, whats wrong with me.

Captain Amelia

Yeah.

Everything is all right, there might even be hope for you to become a valuable member of the society if you leave this place immediately.

Can you genocide the snek and skeleboners?

I wan to purge all who deviate from the perfection that is human form.

You should play Divine Divinity. Everytime you take a stroll in the forest it ends as a lizard/skeleton massacre.

Plebbit has finally arrived in full force I see.

Daily reminder that the Lizards' racial traits make them smarter and more charismatic than humans despite their arrogant nature.

youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM

The artist explained they where getting deadthreats, kike journo's threatening that they would give zero attention etc if they didnt changed shit.

It always goes like that, I bet non of those fucks ever touched the game anyways.

One the faggots claims the midrift was the biggest problem he had with the game, so that is safe to say.

Always the same song.

Pretty much every wom in the game is wearing high heels and has cleavage. And it's all been explained every thread. Bait, I guess?

L-lewd

Those scales look like glued on underwear

whens this coming out?

Would you, user?

With the force of a thousand suns.

This time it has bigger issues then being SJW. Its fucking boring to death. Even this start as a prisioner.
Other than even worse writing it doesn't seem to have anything new from 1.

The writing is leaps and bounds better and so is the pacing, but I'm not going to bother getting into an argument because we'll never agree on anything and it'd just be a massive waste of time.

D&D 4e had a 'tanking' system that actually made sense; the heavy classes focus on protecting everyone else but slapping the enemy's shit if they attack someone other than them. Kinda only works in turn-based, though.

Forcing tank/dps/healer dynamic on a TTRPG is one of the reasons why D&D4e was an abomination even for D&D.

How geographically illiterate are you? Belgium is not Sweden.

They were cucked out their own fries so Belgium might aswell be Sweden.

ok shill, unless you explain why there is that dead horse with player-prisoner and shipwreck instead of exciting start you're welcome to stay rekt

Look at your post and then ask why I'd even bother trying to convince you otherwise. I may as well talk to a wall.

we get it you got brilliant arguments you're not going to share and you're not mad at all
just repeat it couple more times to make sure everyone is aware

Whatever.

Everyone get in here this shill is bleeding from his ass!

Why don't you go be retarded somewhere else?

Seems more like he has the common sense not to waste his time with an idiot to me.

(24) and you act like your time is so fucking precious.

24 posts over a two day period so what, 1 post every two hours average?

nice rekt pal

it's ==You==, there is an IDs, retard

Stop being fucking cunts and just discuss the game.

This is why this place is fucking dying, can't discuss shit without somebody calling somebody else a shill on a fucking imageboard that's blacklisted from Google and has a dying userbase.

If you're lingering in a shit thread like this and pretending to not be a shill at the same time, then you tell me whats wrong with you.

Shit game, if you want lizard tits skyrim has that, if you want zombies WoW has that. Early access meme game that won't get a satisfying end when the devs already have your money. Bad samey writing, start as a prisoner on a ship like that hasn't been done to death.

I know it was me, what's your point? I wasn't pretending to be somebody else. You can talk about a discussion you're in from a 3rd person perspective, I guess that just seems weird in English.

It could just be that I like the game and I am the one who made the thread? Like the other user said, what would an actual shill gain from advertising on a stagnant website like this? This place isn't getting new users, it's notoriously contrarian etc.

Kill yourself, Todd.

If you bought into the early access meme, then you are motivated to justify your purchase by generating positive discussion. And don't try to act like your thread isn't a shill thread, noone is fooled.

Divinity isn't going anywhere, CD Projeckt was in the same boat Larian Studios is now, and Larian has been wallowing in the AA shit for even longer. Say what you want about Skyrim, but Todd never fucked with kickstarter and early access.

I ask you again, what would a shill gain from advertising on this imageboard. An imageboard that-

That's all this website is at this point, Holla Forums with side topics.

Ask all you'd like, I've already given you all the reasoning I feel I need to. I know you're just trying to distract from how flaggingly bad your thread is, but this is just quite sad.

I wonder why. It cant be because 60% of userbase are shills.

jej
2 shills got different IDs but exactly same same amount of butthurt. Interesting…

Oh wait it's not. I'm outta this shithole.

I'm trying to discuss with you why you think this is shilling, and so far all I've gotten out of you is flagrant paranoia.

For months I've been trying to discuss literally any game on this board with no success. It seems if it's not from 20 years ago it's not going to be discussed.

I guess I may as well just go to /xeno/ and masturbate to aliens every month when a new image finally crops up.

Please do.

Your ignorance is your problem and yours alone.

You wanna tip your fedora as well, you neckbeard?

Look, I get that you're upset at having your thread shit on by anons, but this behavior is just embarassing.

I'm more upset at the state of the website in general. I remember two years ago being able to discuss literally any video game in peace with basically zero shitposting. Then Holla Forums went full retard and ruined this place to the point where everybody is a shill/counter-shill. I could have argued you're some shill for some other game and I bet $10 some people would have bought into it.

That's bullshit and you know it. Not that the low tier shitposting hasn't gone up though.

I was able to discuss Dota 2 peacefully, and Halo 3. September 2014 was a magical time.

Daily reminder that all lizard-kind will burn, even if I have to install a million mods to do it.

Hammertime!

Well, the userbase here is shit.
Shitposters, hipsters, paranoid oldfags.

Still, this shit is comforting in a strange way.

This thread is only shit because of you. Pretty rich to complain about a situation you created.

Check out RPGCodex. It's like Holla Forums but people actually talk about vidya.

You do realize that humans are the niggers of Rivellon?

I wonder if their artists have been allowed to do stuff like pic related in D:OS2.

That's still not "literally any video game" and I do see some Halo and Dota discussion pop up sometimes but usually it isn't in a dedicated thread and we'got a Dota 2 general right now that isn't 100% shitposting. No wonder threads you are in get derailed if you act like you do in this thread, trying to summon Holla Forumsacks to shit on you after someone dared to call you a shill. Last divinity thread was toxic garbage tier and all you're doing now same can be said for me is metaposting like a faggot, perpetuating what you're supposed to be complaining about.

I really don't know what you want, there are decent New Vegas threads here and there, we get good threads like the last Gothic one for example, we manage to get people playing good shit like Project Reality together and people organize Dominions games, but I guess you only see what you want to see or you're actually part of the problem.
Fuck we can even have half decent threads on TES lore or the Witcher games with tolerable shitposting and that's sayng something. Good threads may be slow sometimes, but if you can't handle that you're better off going back to cuckchan.
Now I m gonna shut up.

What do you mean "allowed"? Is there something about that art that isn't "okay"?

Didn't mean to sage.

lar.net/2015/09/07/where-are-the-women/
That's the guy in charge of the studio.

Kek. That's not great. But doesn't seem crazy or SJW. And the loading screen art has titties so I think it'll be fine.

This is not how scales work.

So how does co-op work in OS2?

The biggest reason I loved the first one was that it was designed around two-player co-op, so it was very fun for me and my friend. But I notice this has 4-player co-op, does that have any drawbacks?

Can I be a skeleton?

Huh? I read it.

Who cares about armor when the artist is garbage tier. Cant even draw people hilding hands. Dont know how that is even possible.

orogion.deviantart.com/journal/Save-the-Boob-plate-380891149

I love it when cancer calls anyone else reddit

Sneks exist to be stepped on.
Back to the hell with you, spawn of satan

You mean all the rest sound like generic try hard shit but that one song you posted is the only exception and insanely damn good?
The battle music in OS1 was the biggest let down aside from that one track. All other music was fucking great. As anyone would expect of Kirill Pokrovsky when he's able to do what he wants. Shame we won't ever be able to hear more.

Sneks are sacred beings that symbolize health, eroticism and untameability.

So is this game still pseudo-funny with awful inventory management and crafting?

They're magical lizards that are a bloodline offshoot of dragons.

Also I want to fuck that fem lizard.

Having trouble understanding what's going on in that article and comments?