Modern Warfare Remaster to be Sold Separately

archive.is/DIKJj

So there it is. Atvi just fooled a bunch of idiots again for quick cash. Is anybody going to pirate the remaster of the so called "killer of FPS" (totally not Half Life 2)?

I should have known better, including it as a special edition only would be suicide.

So they are completely abandoning IW now.

It's actually an ingenious strategy: do something scummy to get some quick cash out of hype culture retards then reverse it to get some goodwill and praise for "listening to the community."

Kotick truly is a craftiest of the AAA jews.

I still dont know whos smarter/jewyer now, Acti or EA.

Acti is smarter. They know how to get things done. EA always tries to take advantage of Acti's mistakes but they always screw it up towards the end, not to mention the other bad decisions they made in the past that would have sunk the company if they didn't make sports games. Remember how many opportunities EA already had in the past to dethrone CoD but CoD is still king, at least for now.

I might get it for the PC if they keep the server browser and all that stuff the same as they had in 2007.

But knowing activision, they're too retarded to do that.

Why do you post on this website user? Wouldn't you feel more comfortable on reddit or cuckchan?

Not interested in pirating it because I already played the campaign. Not interested in buying it unless it's under $10 and has a Linux port. So I guess I'll just watch a video and see how the upgrades in visuals look, then forget it exists forever.

They just waited for those preorders to come so they could make this announcement, huh?

I thought this was a meme thread about how CoD games are all pretty much the same reskinned game

I just hope there is a way to play the competitive mod on the re-master. That shit would be kickass.

look at him, he wants mods in modern videogames.

Do people think they did anything with this remaster other than add shitfilters?
Consoles will run it like PCs did on 2007 and consolefags will think its magic lol

While I hate shitty business practices I also laugh at retards that fall for them so I've come out of this indifferent all things considered.

For what purpose? It isn't like graphics have really improved enough to warrant it.

Never had intents on getting it. Not worth the cost and Activision's support network sucks on all their multiplayer games.

IW came out? I had no idea.

That's Half-Life 1, you fucking casual.

Because people are idiots, tons of people line up talking about how COD4 or MW2 was so good for them in multiplayer. Its nostalgia hiding a new shitty strategy with these remasters. Why pump out a new title when you can remake an old one from a few years ago and make bank. The fact COD4 Remaster is going to outsell Infinity Warfare will be a fuckin travesty because it will reinforce a mindset that now companies will have to try less in order to please casuals. We're stuck in an age of stagnation.

I agree with you user, but this isn't the first cash grab remaster that comes to mind from the past few years; The Master Chief Collection made a ton of money and is still broken today.

Now that we know the remaining 6 maps will be free downloadable content, Activision will most likely implement a cosmetic system after launch. I just don't see them omitting such a profitable system like that in this release.

Definitive proof that those people are complete morons:

They play FPS on consoles.

With motherfucking gamepads.

OpFor was great, so I have my doubts of giving the title to HL1.

The irony is that all the CoDfags hate the new game for being different from the previous games.

I don't see why Infinite Warfare got all this hate when it seems to be trying something really different. I would expected that reaction to Ghosts.

HL2 didn't ruin FPSes. It's extremely overrated and not a great game in hindsight, but for the most part its weakest features never caught on with the rest of the genre. If anything its fatal mistake is attempting to mix old-fashioned gameplay with modern "story first" sensibilities and not being very good at either.

CoD on the other hand is predominantly responsible for the proliferation of

Consider how many games since their releases share HL2's problems compared with CoD/MW's, not counting things like overly linear stories and levels which predate both, and it becomes clear why one has a reputation as the genre killer and the other doesn't.

Ghosts at least unintentional funny with its setting and dog memes. Not too meantion the villain was entertaining because he was a literal rip off of Bane.

inb4 they don't have dedicated servers

Some user suggested that a lot of the hate was manufactured by EA, and the public fell for it.

A shame, because CoD in space sounds like it could at least be fun. Not that I'd ever financially support Activision or EA's kikery.

So sick of all these shitty "remasters" on the market these days. A game from 2007 doesn't need any changes.

Activision is way smarter in their jewry. EA runs their franchises into the ground over the course of 2-4 games with normal development cycles. Activision can milk their shit for years and release mutliple games from one franchise in the same year. Sure TH and Guitar Hero are dead, but they made a ton of money off of the incredible volume of shit pumped out over and over. People buy it because the games are mostly consistent and don't shit all over the original fanbase, unlike what EA does and attempts to homogenize everything to be accessible to the biggest audience which does nothing but piss off fans. Dragon Age Origins sold more than Cisquisition despite massive shilling, a huge development budget, and two games of experience behind it because Cisquisition failed to capture what made Origins a tolerable RPG. This is true with all of their franchises: Dead Space, Crysis, Sim City, Sims, etc

The only thing EA doesn't seem capable of fucking up completely is Fifa but it looks like they're trying their hardest with the new one (cinematic character driven singleplayer campaign with a nobody protagonist in a fucking sports game? I don't like these games but what the fuck?)