Persona 5

Continued from >>10714933

Game is out in Japan since last week and some of us got our imported copies delivered so lets keep talking about any positive/negative changes in the gameplay, GUI, writing, character designs, who your going to waifu first, etc.

Also to anyone who doesn't know enough moonrunes to play, as long as you know basic phrases and hiragana/katakana you should be fine for most of the game, however you will likely screw up your cooperations if you don't know Japanese, so prepare for hardmode if you were considering getting the best demons.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/tofudan
mega.nz/#!RApBWIRD!Llsv-iMal_s9xbkDDiRiL23wV8lYUNI_V-0MGFSfjWg
m.imgur.com/a/0lZDE
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 1&version=NASB
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans 1&version=NASB
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Drag_Queen
tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Social_Links#Margaret
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NO IGOR NO BUY

NO MARIE NO BUY

Any decent screencap of Yaldabaoth yet?

NO MARIE, NO BUY

Maybe it's just the impossibly high expectations of waiting 8 years. But from everything I've seen I feel like P-Studio gets everything only 90% right. Like I don't even care about the stupid babehunt meme they have done since Persona 3. But fuck me in Persona 5 they didn't even show you the dialogue of those conversations. The game is filled with missed opportunities like that where there is either something missing from a scene to make it perfect or they go in the wrong direction with it after it going right for the majority of the scene.
This whole game seems like an 8/10 because 80% of it is right but 20% of it just seems to be missing. Like where's all the vocal tracks? I think there's only 5 song with vocal tracks. The fuck? That's lower than even Persona 4 and that game was shat out in a year and a half(yet somehow is the most popular, kill me now).

Oh, we doing this now? This is the hot new meme?

here is a live stream of someone about to get to the final boss

twitch.tv/tofudan

Can't wait to get best girl in my party

NO JOEY NO BUY

At least the 5 (most likely 6, including the ending theme) songs that are there are all full length, it used to be that you had to wait for the arranged versions for that.

Only the one from the side w/ Satanael.

I'm getting serious mainline vibes from this dungeon, the archangels, and the music that plays when you fight them.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Have some screencaps from tofudan's stream faggots

That's cute. teacher still best girl

Looks like the dungeon bosses/heist targets are demon possessed rather than plain ol' "the true self".
I'd wager the fly guy is taken by Beelzebub.

lol no

weeb games belong in >>>/a/ tbqph

And your bait belongs in the trash tbqph

Futaba looks really fucking cute in that jumpsuit

go home
>>>/trash/

one day it wont be just me suggesting you go to >>>/a/, were gona load you culture traitors onto trains and drive them right into other trains full of furrys and other degenerates

Frankly, all nonweeb games should be banned from Holla Forums. Only normalfags care about western trash.

Is this Holla Forums's new angle?

Part of my culture is to enjoy, pillage and occasionally rape other cultures.

I'll take that as a yes.

For some reason final bosses Macguffin attack doesn't affect Morgana and he takes a stand against final boss.

Then third impact starts with people dissolving in the demon rain. But Yuki stops it by rallying the people behind the phantom thieves.

And then we all know how this part goes

I like it

NEW THREAD+
SPOILER CARRY-OVER

>I WANT PERSONA 5 TO BE BIG

Is this a lame redesign of Lucifer?
Also
Oh joy.

No it's Satanael. And he has a giant 10-story railgun as well.

The Persona team has been obsessed with Evangelion since Persona 3. Third Impact– makes sense they'd shove in here

I also see what user meant about Chaos here since the supposed """Law""" final boss is so brightly colored and gold and white but the last persona is Batman Satan.

That makes it even worse, but also somehow kinda cool.

When will get a Persona x Mecha game?

With this shilling for Chaos, and SMT4A pushing two different flavors of Neutral, what will be the next Lawfag game? The Devil Summoner and Survivor serieses have always leaned law friendly.

Why are anne's outfits so whorish?
Is she secretly the new Rise?

She's been Aryan Rise since day 1. Where have you been?

Well, Devil Survivor 1 was masterful with how it presented Law, but DS2 was weak all around with its cotton candy jihadi aliens.

Raidou isn't really pro-Law as he is pro-"Don't-Screw-Up-My-Country".

Man, I'd really like a new Raidou game in the P5 engine.

I think I could get used to an adorable stalker Makoto.
Doesn't really fit with her ground-pounder combat style, though.

Well no shit she's the Lovers arcana.

CUHRAYZEE RAIDOU KUZUNOHA GAME NEVER EVER

God how hard is it to get into her pants?

All lovers arcana are basically the same except in P3. Hell, Lisa in 2 was a literal whore; she did enjo kosai.

I feel like the personal problems the characters have, have gotten a lot tamer with each release.

Why do I get the feeling some people on staff really wanted to make a new mainline SMT title and their frustration slipped into the plot and design of this?

I'm hoping we get plenty of new SMT games with the P5 engine.

Makoto is brutal in combat and about justice, but shy about social things.

SMT is the spin off now, the title is irrelevant it's what sells that is important to Atlus, otherwise why would SMTIV be stuck on handheld? I doubt we'll see SMT using the P5 engine unless the P5 engine can run on 3DS.

Don't reply if you're triggered; it's just business sense and I don't want to have an argument with an emotional trufan.

Probably because they made models for all SMT demons in 5 so they could have new models for future SMT games. And then they got impatient and said "fuck it, Persona 5 is 10% SMT now"

Where the PS3 ISO for piratefags though?

A man can dream

That sounds really plausible, actually.

I doubt it'll be on 3DS though, that thing is on it's way out and they made those demon models to use in future SMT games. NX handheld maybe, but not 3DS.

Supreme taste my man

Most monster raising games are on handhelds. It's where the audience for it is.

From what I can see from tofudan's stream chat. Looks like Goro is going to become the series equivalent to Aeris in FFVII. Which is fucking dumb because Maya is a better Aeris.
The fucking newags who've invaded Persona need to die. While I'll admit it's great to watch lawfags cry about how Goro needs to come back in P5-2 or DLC, they still need to die.

Don't worry, old Igor is actually in the game. You have to free him though.

Fake Anne is created by Kamoshida because he lusts her. Have you not played the game?

IT IS DONE!
(The girls stay all night long for their Valentines visits in P5)

If you play the games back to back Maya is dead for less than ten minutes.

This is what happened on the next.

Looks like Goth Nurse is romance-able too.

She is. Every girl is.

What about Sae Nijima? I know she's judgement, but I don't know if she's a proper coop or not or just something automatic.

Also, what about Victoria (Caroline/Justine)?

Those are coop. Can't be dated. Oddly.

No user. You can't romance the loli. They need this game to able to be sold in the US and EUR too, remember?

Oh well. Still, three Christmas Cakes! Not bad! Maybe four, if you count fortune teller girl. She seemed more university age than Christmas Cale to me, though.

That's a shame. I wanted to troll Makoto and her sister.

Have seen the shitstorm on NEOGAF about no romancable guys and two NPC gays that are problematic?

Nope, got any screencaps? What do they have to say about the tranny English teacher?

I watched tumblr have a slow meltdown over it as they realized more and more there was no homolust in the game and I felt my dick harden just like in those "my privilege" greentext stories.

She is not tranny. She is English teacher that happens to speak Engrish.

Nope, but it can be found on NeoGAFS forum thread for Persona 5. It's stupid, don't go there unless you want a good laugh.

Ha. I wonder if Atlus is going to do something about this or just ignore. Those two NPCs are basicly onee trope in Japan.

At this point I'd say ignore. Persona is still pretty niche, even with its increased popularity, and I don't see a media shitstorm over this being likely, not for a scene so minor when they still have Trump to complain about. This election will probably work as a nice distraction.

Amazingly, the beach part seems to be most fanservicy one. No hotsprings scene at all. On the one hand, I guess it's nice they aren't being totally formulaic. On the other: I like fanservice and wanted Atlus to push the envelope.

Oh well, there's always the inevitable rerelease with new content.

You forget that it's US release is in February. Long after the elections. So it's still gonna get a lot of flack by butthurt tumblrinas who want it censored

Nah, by the time November rolls around they will have forgotten Persona exists. They have the attention spans of goldfish.

I still hate the fact that they constantly make the protagonists into spastic dolts at times.

I really like the idea of being a dork and getting my ass handed to me by my female party member(s). It really rings "cool guy".

No but really, what is it with Atlus emasculating its cast for comedic effect?

I mean, they even did it to Gray Bancho-sama-san-coon from P4, and they were so desperate to minimize his masculinity they had to humiliate him on multiple occasions!

I miss Tatsuya. He wouldn't have put up with this.

Tatsuya was by far the best protag: delinquent who rides a motorbike to school and hangs out with a rival delinquent rock singer, a schoolgirl prostitute who gets her friends hooked on drugs, a college age amnesiac nutcase and a gay stalker.

That explains it

Especially considering Persona 2. It's rather amusing (and pathetic) that I'm already seeing people talk about how "dark" and "mature" Persona 5 is with how it skirts the subject of rape, mental illness and child abuse etc.

Problem is, it just skirts it. Only when you dive into it are you really accounting for something.
Who is the mentally ill one and the child abused one, anyway?

It burns, user.

This was just what I needed
Perfect laugh

You were the chosen one!

Side note, got no confirmation but I read Tanaka appears in P5 (likely in the same capacity as in P4).

I think Tanaka's paid programming show appears on TVs you see out in public.

You know the teacher is totally bangable, right?

Muh dik.

Wait. Isn't she like your homeroom teacher?

"totally bangable" is arguable. :^)
But yeah, I know she's a romance option. I guess I shouldn't complain given I was expecting them to screw us out of the option.

Yup.

Yes, you can have that Xmas cake.

Yes she is. And you can fuck her this time.

Given that the Valentines nights all seem to end in heavily implied sex, I'd be surprised if hers didn't too.

They're with you all night in this P5. I mean, what could a man and a woman possibly do in a room together with the door locked?

Marathoning 'Grey's Anatomy' on Netflix. :^)

On a more serious note, are the Horsemen, Mother Harlot and Lilith available as Personae?
I remember devoting absurd amounts of time to fusing and getting rather proficient (well, it mostly takes patience) at it, giving them the best complimentary skills (like Physical with Power Charge and Absorb Physical) or specialized ones (Mother Harlot with all sorts of afflictments and debuffs), grooming some to plow through NG+ but once I started it, I'd just pick up the process again from the start.

WHY

Yeah, you aren't the only one confused about that.

Sudou and Jun :^)

I meant in Persona 5 but lol

Even with his rank 10 "redemption" Goro still doesn't make it into the credits.

Good taste in hats though.

So apparently I was wrong on the name of the true attendant. It's Lavenza, not Victoria.

All Velvet attendants so far have shared names with characters from Marry Shelly's Frankenstein, Caroline and Justine being no exception. However Lavenza is Elizabeth's last name in the book. I guess they're running out of names. Victoria would have been a feminine form of Victor.

Incidentally the music for the Shidou boss fight is great.

The lyrics on alternate versus switch between the theives and Shidou's point of view.

I can dig this real good, mate
I like this a lot.

Shoji Meguro never disappoints

Okay no seriously this song is addicting I can listen to it on repeat for hours I gotta stop it's too good HELP

Do we know how she relates to the other Velvet Siblings? (If they're even mentioned)

Come to think of it, anyone find it funny what they did with Igor in this game considering the Jap VA for Igor died not too long before the game came out?

Do you mean Caroline and Justine or Elizabeth and co? Caroline and Justine are her separated by the fake Igor to make her easier to control. When they realize what he is, they get in the fusion guillotine and use it to recombine into Lavenza.

As for the others: so far all Velvet attendants have been siblings, so it's safe to say she is too. Of course, given they aren't human in the strictest sense, what that means is a little in the air.

That's only been a thing since Persona 3. They should bring back Belladonna and Nameless and Demon Artist.

I agree. I never liked that they had the song being a staple of the Velvet Room even when they were not around.

Because it terms of plot Goro is the Jun

This is true. Given that fake Igor made a contract with both Joker and Goro and basically made it a game to see if the world would get destroyed or not, it has a lot of similarities. The biggest difference being the odds weren't as totally stacked in the antagonists favor this time.

Pretty sure Belladona, Nameless, and Demon Painter weren't. Sure you could argue that they were just supernatural weirdos chilling rather than actual attendants to Igor but still. Hell Demon Painter was a regular dude who managed to wander into the Velvet room and just paints sick ass demons all day.

Well the Velvet room seems to have been changed quite a bit starting with 3 and they've been building on that ever since.

True, and I would still like to see them return

Sounds about right. Odd how they went with this twist after the Igor VA died. You think that had any influence on this idea of making [not]Igor the ultimate big bad of this game?

I do, yeah. It also explains why the Japanese VA is so deep and sinister compared to the old one, which was old and wizened sounding.

Philemon fragmented himself into the Velvet siblings and save butterfly so Nyarlathotep couldn't emerge.

[muffled 'The Emperor of Eternal Darkness' playing in the background]

That boss fight was awesome in Okami.

But I called someone's Persona would be Prometheus (I imagine that's Necronomicon's rank up?) and everyone said they wouldn't go classical mythology.

EAT MY DICK NERDS. READ YO ELIADE AND GUENON.

If you believe in Dog you can make anything happen!

Yup.
Incidentally, I thought it was odd how they started with literature/folklore thieves theme and then freakin' Necronomicon out of nowhere.
Seems all the Ultimate Personae are mythology based but it's not just classical.

From the Wikia:
Protagonist - Satanael
Ryuji Sakamoto - Seiten Taisei
Ann Takamaki - Hecate
Morgana - Mercurius
Yusuke Kitagawa - Kamu Susanoo
Makoto Niijima - Anat
Futaba Sakura - Prometheus
Haru Okumura - Astarte

(and Shadow Sae because why not)

I fucking love that Astarte. I saw it in action in a stream, it rotates and blinks, it's like a trippy Shadow Hearts enemy. Hecate is pretty cool.

Wit the exception of Necronomicon (which I never got) all the other party personas are thieves. Their ultimate forms are divine beings (often thieves themselves) that stole from/defied gods.

I can't say I remember all the stories well but that is a commonality I hadn't considered. Intradesting.

Joker's is the Gnostic form of Satan, so god defying there.

Ryuji is Sun Wukong, stole the secret of immortality from the gods and fought them.

Anne is Hecate, stole from Hera and was cast out of Olympus.

Morgana's is Mercury, who stole from Apollo and was forced to become the messenger for the gods afterwards.

Yusuke is Susanoo, stole treasures from Amaterasu and was exiled.

Makoto is Anat, a Sumerian war goddess who's involvement in a myth about a stolen bow was the cause of many problems.

Futaba is Prometheus, who stole fire from the gods.

Haru is Astarte (another form of Ishtar) a Mesopotamian goddess of love who stole from Enki, god of wisdom. Astarte also became the demon Astaroth in Judeo-Christian mythology.

dat quad zr dmg

Midnight Venus cameo when? :^)

Who knows!? In other news: Haru confirmed for tranny.

The wikia lists the bosses. Seems the heist targets are themed after the 7 deadly sins.

Asmodeus (Suguru Kamoshida) - Lust
Azazel (Ichiryusai Madarame) - Sloth
Bael, Butatron (Junya Kaneshiro) - Greed (surprised it's not Beelzebub given the fly theme)
Cognitive Wakaba Isshiki
Mammon (Kunikazu Okumura) - Gluttony
Leviathan (Sae Niijima) - Envy
Goro Akechi - Vanity
Samael (Masayoshi Shido) - Wrath
Holy Grail
Yaldabaoth (also known as Demiurge) (Igor)

Goro doesn't get a dungeon. You fight him toward the end of Shidou's. Futaba is in the pyramid dungeon between the Greed and Gluttony.

The new rank up/max rank music for s-links (coops) is interesting this time around.

MY DICK!

hell yeah! It's amazing that, despite being npcs you never had to talk to advance the plot, they always have interesting things to say, especially Nameless. Now all we get are Liz and Marg, which aren't bad per si, but…pale if compared as those interesting previous velvet room characters.

Persona 5 OST ripped right from the disc, with some notes on where the tracks play: mega.nz/#!RApBWIRD!Llsv-iMal_s9xbkDDiRiL23wV8lYUNI_V-0MGFSfjWg

Did they change the battle system at all, or is it as easy as 3 and 4?

It's still turn-based, but there have been tweaks, mostly to make it so you have less to click through. Based on what I've seen though, damage seems to be up on both attacking and getting hit, to make battles faster I guess.

The combat gets more broken the more coop bonuses you get.

It has more challenging encounters than 3 or 4 but for subsequent playthroughs things like baton pass and s. link bonuses will make it easier for NG runs after your first run. For reference one s. link allows you to fuse Personas regardless of your level once you max it out.

NOW WITH REAL TIME STALKING

That's retarded.
That also means that S. Link is canonical Love Interest

Nah, it's the twins. Their s-link is just like Margaret's: make this persona with this skill.

Can…C-can you…you know…
hold hands with them?

dis shit right ch'yea john blaze af cain't wait fo dis ish playa. dis shit betta b bad tho a nigguh luh his smt but i ain't really cop nunna dis persona b4 fam but not rly havin no expectation should b aight.

user you went too deep with the ironic negro speech
I can't understand you

They don't have a valentines event. Not sure if there's any fliration with them or when they become Lavenza as I don't speak moon.

So how the hell do Co-op bonuses work do you actually gain stats from them or is it the god awful "Be sure to grind these shitty S-links or you'll be grinding forever, loser" system that P3 and 4 had?

Do your Co-op buddies actually show up in the main story in any capacity or are they just hey bby want sum fuk for the women and thanks for that ultimate loser see you never type stuff that littered P3 and 4

All the co-ops do things for in gameplay now in addition to giving you more xp for their arcana during fusions. For the party members they get skills, obviously, just like before. The ones who are shop keepers get more stock and give you discounts, the Sun guy makes you more effective at demon negotiation, your teacher lets you cut class sometimes giving you more free time, the shogi player girl gives you battle tips, such as how to do "baton pass," the Devil arcana girl makes it harder for the boss to detect you in the dungeons (when you get detected in the dungeons the monsters get harder and there are more etc). Basically, things like that.

Seems like it makes certain things too easy at a point but hey.

Now do they actually do they participate storywise in any meaningful capacity or do you effectively ignore them with zero consequences after you max it Like every male SL in P3 and 4, and most of the women at that

Outside of the main party crew of course.

I'm not sure. Some of them are fairly important NPCs. You see the guy who runs your coffee shop a lot as well as your teacher, sort of like how Dojima and Nanako were involved in the plots a lot. But if your asking if the fortune teller girl wanders into the main plot because you're doing her link, then I don't know, but probably not. I mean, there's always gonna be the places they squeak them in, like when they're giving Goku their spirit energy at the end or on valentines day if you dated them, but I don't really know how much they interact otherwise. Truth be told I only know major points.

Does she leave you alone if you're in a relationship with one of the other girls or does she continues to stalk you?

I think she stalks you once she likes you enough, I don't know if it's for the rest of the game or just during a very specific period in her link. I've just seen the images floating around and thought they were amusing.

That's adorable and funny if that's the case, but already settled on aiming for the teacher, the fortune teller, or possibly the shogi player.

My personas are a bit different

so they that they can use sprites for demons, which have a lot more designs to work with, instead of models, some of which would be palette swaps/reskins

Over all the game has some fucking amazing gameplay and it flows really well.

Last OP here, good to see you guys are still here. What are you all gonna name the MC? You gonna use your name, a cool non-Japanese name, or go full weebshit and use a Japanese name?

Yeah, it's always a "good" sign to have a character remain after the seiyuu's death, if that's the right word to use. I'm sure that's not what you mean but whatevah hoe.

I will admit, I was hoping that Igor just turns out to be a dick because of how morally questionable you are. It's always fun to see different sides of a character. You think fake Igor's gonna get a different VA in the English release?

Preorder cancelled.

How much info is there on the social links with the dudes anyway?

It'll be the other way around. By the time P5 comes out they'd have forgotten about the election.

One of the Personas is a trippy skull. This game is fucking amazing. Seiten Taisei looks rad too.

Called it! I'm guessing that's Yaldabaoth's first form? Think we'll get Ecclesia as a Persona in a later game, now that Gnostic Aeons are a more prevalent thing?

Not if they can't stump the Trump, they won't.

P5 and Fire Emblem if the Japanese version the non cucked version are fucking amazing with how much they trigger Neofag and tumblr with being problematic.

Why are Persona fans so likely to deny they are weeaboos playing a weeaboo game?

We don't deny it.

Is the writing good?

Its not afwful nor is it a masterpiece of story telling its just ok with some nice twist here and there.

It's supposed to be a sugar skull.

Well it still looks cool. I mean that.

I agree, Astarte is my favorite of the upgraded Personas.

You forget how quickly they move from one thing to the next. Unless something happens in February they'll be upset with this. Plus gaming "journalists" will have nothing else better to do.

I would have liked that a lot, too.

That would be too obvious since the Eng VA is still alive.
They might have him do a different take on his usual voice, though. Maybe something more sinister.

I want a Jap option this time around (it's about time Atlus USA adds them in) but I'm also interested to see what they do with the voice acting.

I'm conflicted.

Found it while looking at the salt over the lack of homolust. I like the nice curves the artist gave her

Well I appreciate that they got her breasts right.
I could also see Naoto getting those hips in a couple years after Persona 4 due to impregnation

Goro gets in the Jun outfit because Atlus isn't even trying to pretend he's a twist.

That's interesting.

Also,
HA! Think it's carelessness or do you think the people at Atlus thought they were being clever?
These are the same folk who thought yelling at a little girl in cardiac arrest was a viable medical procedure

Post more of the teacher and goth nurse please.

kek

I can imagine how this would go
Fuck

Goro's betrayal is almost a non-spoiler in the game, because he joins so late and acts so suspiciously that no one trusts him all that much. Indeed, in the proper ending the Thieves never trusted him and were just playing along with his clumsy ploy to try and get a lead on his boss.

Guess they couldn't strike gold twice

Please tell me there is way to friend zone girls at the end of their co-ops to avoid this kind of crap. Ive never been 100% into the waifu shit in these games but I like to do it right at least.

I'd almost want to see that, to see how the protag can get out of it.

Yes, like in P4 you have an option to friendzone every girl. For example the decisive line at the end of Anne's link is:

Anne meh the others are top tier.

Agreed. That's just the only one I saw directly.

This game actually delivered and I have to say I'm happy that it actually is good.

ThIS iS gOnNa Be GrEaT

I like how their advancement in S.Links for P4 and P5 subtly imply that the P3 protagonist is a promiscuous jerk

Funny how the most depressed looking one is the real dirtbag of the Persona Protags

I'm playing it right now and I can't choose its like I was given the best meals at a 5 star restaurant all at once.

She's just a short qt

Not sure what you mean, famalam.
I wouldn't leave it at depressed-LOOKING though, given how prone to sickness and spending the entire day on the computer he is.

Good points on both accounts

That's good, but speaking about that, is it just me or does completing/maxing a friendzoned social link take longer than when you romance one in P4?

I just want to complete all the social links and also stick to one qt.

You know the choice you must pic
It is destiny
We have waited too long to abandon the dream now

There are many distractions along the way
Focus right on the goal
There is only one right choice

Still, what did you mean when you say the P3 MC is a jerk?

Most of his dialogue choices are apathetic and outright insults, while P4's choices are more about messing with people at worst.

Even silent protagonists get characterization if their choices follow a theme.

It just feels that way because they have different settings and dialogue that's unique for each S.Link
Whereas romancing has unique dialogue but one single setting

That's how I see it.

Also:
That's the Fatal Frame lookin' girl I was talking about.

I know what I just said here
but she's good too. It's rough
REALLY ROUGH NO
NO I CAN'T TAKE IT

SINCE WHEN DID THEY HAVE SUCH A BUFFET OF QUALITY GIRLS IN ONE GAME STOP

What a soothing voice she has.

No kidding. They really bumped up on the quality on the girls. Though I can't really say much on the teammates. Aside from Futuba, none of the other three appeal to me, but then again, that's how I felt about the main girls in p4 as well (with the exception of Rise).

Yeah, the waifu game is insane this time around. I don't actually know what to do yet.

I think you meant Naoto
No but really you meant Naoto
No seriously, though, I'm kidding
Naoto

But really speaking seriously here Naoto I can see what you mean. I liked Naoto and Rise was interesting but P5's main cast is pretty lacking in comparison to what else you can get. Futaba will probably be my 12th playthrough romance.

Naoto is cute, but in truth she's just not my cup of tea. Different strokes for different folks.

Might do the same for the three main girls not all at once though. While Futuba is probably going to be my romance in the 3rd or 5th playthrough.

Yeah, that's going to not end well.

Anymore pics of her you got?

So, its confirmed you can romance the teacher?

Yes

Now I just have to hope they don't fuck up the translation!

This is all I can salvage for now. Kinda wished I saved some of the images from the last board.

This, and hopefully the dub voices aren't grating.

I think if you romance more then one girl you get your shit wrecked on that night.

Kinda wish it started a boss battle.

That's actually the day after Valentines. The girls you don't pick show up the next day to wreck your shit. That's every romanceable girl there, though, so I'm guess whoever got that image must have picked an option to not spend Valentines with anyone.

Why do you live with Rusty Venture?

Possibly the best girl in the main team. Thanks for the dump, user.

That's her dad. He's basically the Dojima of this game.

Shame SJW localizers are going to rape her so hard.

That applies to everyone, but yeah, Futuba is definitely going to get the worst. It hurts, user.

I'm not panicking…yet. There's no precedent for Atlus cucking persona yet. The only thing you could bring up is #FE and that situation is rather dubious since Nintendo was involved and Nintendo was claiming Treehouse was going to translate it until suddenly like a month before release they said it was Atlus. I'm still of the opinion Atlus was brought in last minute after all the other changes were done just so Nintendo could take the heat off Treehouse.

SMT4 and 4A got by rather unmolested.

After being raped by Downpour and all the memes mocking Fates Nintendo had to save face.

Please tell me someone else still plays p3 portable
with the female character

I did my first time through because it was different. It was okay.

I mostly just wanted to make a yuri harem and didn't really get my wish.

I think Futaba just got bumped to #1 Best Girl [On Team]

So who is #1 Best Girl [Off Team] and why is it caeki?

The fact that you can you can use your phantom thief ways to steal her v card and her Father can do nothing to stop it is amazing.

get out

Wait is your teacher also a prostitute

She's a delivery health girl on the side…so yes. Though I'm not sure if she's one of the ones who actually bangs clients or just acts like a medio for them. Both exist.

Female protagonist is inferior.

Theodore is the only reason to play as her. Better than Elizabeth.

P3 is such a hot mess this was the only playthrough I actually beat once and for all. 5/10, it got ok at the end.

I can't wait for this fucking game, is there any news on a translation for the Japanese iso? I'd scoop up some money and buy a ps3 and mod it just for this.

The tumblarinas raging about the fact their fuckbois Yusuke and Yuki don't actually smoke cocks are now bitching about how "sick and wrong" the Christmas cake options in the game are and are praying that Atlus is going to remove them in localization.

The Not-Love Interest: Yosuke's friendship with Yu is one of the strongest relationships in the game to the point where Yosuke states outright that "We're so close that "Best Friend" just doesn't describe what he means to me. He's my partner" in Arena's narration. In the anime, due to the lack of any actual relationships forming between Yu and the girls beyond Ship Tease, Yosuke actually steps in to play the love interest role several times.
From Persona 4's Characters / Persona 4: The Investigation Team Yosuke Hanamura page on tv tropes.

so a pimp?

Too bad Yosuke is an insufferable cunt.

No, she's an escort. It's just she's not necessarily one who fucks her clients. She might be, I haven't seen her coops nor can I understand moon. She could just act like a medio without sex. Like I said, both types exist in Japan.

Mah nigga.

Not a surprise they'll get butthurt about those two things.

Most young women are stupid, older women are where it's at. If you can, get one. Preferably Spanish they make the best food.

They truly have bad taste.

Pic related. Any more info on the armsdealer?

Well, this is the music for his store.

You are missing the whole point of dealing with women. Women exist only to look good, and older women are ugly, and therefore useless.

The ideal situation is to be in your late 40s or 50s and get yourself an 18 year old and shut her up with money, authority and dick.

Never, ever go for older women. Even if you stay together, she is going to look like shit in no time, an will otherwise be just as intolerable as young women. Mentally, women are teenagers for life.

That's pretty smooth.

2D, though, user.

Obviously the best choice.

THE SALT WILL CONTINUALLY FLOW FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS TO COME

That's almost as bad as when Kanji's Eng VA outright stated he was homosexual, thus utterly missing the whole point of the character and theme of the game just to pander to SJWs

P5 already outsold the vanilla releases for P3 and P4 in Japan.

Troy Baker or Matt Mercer?

Troy Baker

Gee, I wonder who is behind this post…

1. Women were created to be man's helper, a compliment to man, his other-half. "Bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh" etc.

2. A ten year age gap AT MOST is pushing it, but having a know-nothing 18yr old as a 40yr old man is asking for a good maybe three decades, maybe, before your still ready-to-go 30-40yr old is stuck with a 70yr old grandpa she is tempted to sleep around on

3. Young women are meant for young men, and taking a woman THAT YOUNG as an adult is asking for the duties of being a father to two children: your young wife and your inevitable baby

4. Using MONEY to "shut her up" is MGTOW teir unaware of reality and how an actual relationship works

5. Christmas Cakes are fantasy, not reality. P5 in reality would be best to go with Futaba, as you and she learn how to be adults together and grow together as a couple. But it's LupinXJojo so we're going for caeki

6. In real life a man should always be older than the woman but if he bears no manhood, no qualities of a man, even then he will have no authority. Using "D" to tame anything is pointless since it's not good enough. Ever. And Money is asking for trouble. Also, a 40's D compared to a young stud 20+ D is pathetic. You're not taming anything.

Sorry to burst your shekel here, but that's atrocious illogic.

Damn it, I suppose I better go and finally get around to continuing P3P. I want to love Persona so much but I can just never get into any of them somehow.

Also, point 7:
Some of us are much, much older than the teenage protagonists and would like to have a love interest in an RPG that's about our actual age for once.

That's mainly due to hype and expectation built from P4's success, though.
I am glad it outsold everything before it so well, but let's see its staying power.

That ability to stick around for a long, long time to come will be the perpetual salt train that keeps on giving.

In its first 3 days, P5 has almost reached P1's lifetime Japan sales. It's likely to break Atlus' record very soon (if it hasn't already by the time I'm posting this).

I fucking called it. Atlus is reaching new heights, and once P5 goes worldwide it's gonna print money. Atlus will become a bigger-budget company by spring, mark my words.

He was just confused and it turned out he liked girls

Is P5 actually going to have dual audio?

?

Not at launch. They non-noncommittally said they might do DLC at some point.

I've never heard of a delivery health girl being advertised as anything other than something that can lead to sex. It's the expectation when such is advertised (since direct advertisement is illegal) that delivery health girls should be ready for their client expecting sex.

Yeah she does prostitution as well as the slutty maid outfit stuff which is pervy enough. It seems like half the female cast is potentially involved in some sex related shenanigans what with Ann being the target of molestation, Haru in the arranged marriage with mister touchy-feely and Makoto working as a hostess.

All the social links seem to involve hiding their problems from society rather than dealing with them directly. You prevent the photo of Makoto working a hostess from leaking to protect her reputation as student president, you keep is a secret that Sadayo is working as a delivery health girl so she can keep working around kids, you keep it a secret that Munehisa is selling illegal weapons so you can by illegal weapons from him in exchange for doing his dirty work, similar deal with Tae and drugs.

All the social links involve hiding from their problems and then lobotomising people in the shadow world so they can keep doing what they're doing without consequence. Shame the Persona series doesn't have enough C&C to allow for different routes as I feel like a neutral route where they're forced to actually confront their problems would get far more of an emotional impact, not to mention create a game state where certain party members/s.links could be cut off from the player due to circumstance/dislike.

I don't really like the D&D tier moral alignment system to begin with but if they're gonna use it I'd rather they used all of it.

I like 5 more then 4.

Have you played 5?
4 was comfy but boring, it was very 'safe'. I'm reserving judgement on 5. I still think 2 was the best for now.

I imported.

Did I get that right?

What happens in Christmas besides SATANael blowing God's brains out?

Meanwhile in tumblr: m.imgur.com/a/0lZDE

Thanks but no thanks. I rather take the safe bet with the cake than the teenager especially in this day and age with feminism.

It's Nuclear

I really can't fucking wait for this game

This just amazing we need to trigger them more.

I thought nukes would be just classified as Almighty.

Nah Nuke was its own element in Persona 1 and 2, the Frei Freila Freidyne line. Traditionally it hits all enemies wihout needing to be "Ma" or "Maha."

There's also Gravity, which is Gry, Gryva and Grydyne.

But that doesnt' seem to have made it into P5.

It was an assumption that I made when someone made a autistic "Can any video game protagonist beat Demi-Fiend? The last character you play as fights Demi-Fiend." thread. I played FO:NV and he argued that Nukes are Fire elemental so Null-All. Later, he tried to mahamaon the Courier.

The salt will be amazing same with the sales.

Exactly. Kanji was never a homo, it's just what he started thinking because he was harassed and called an immasculine fruit by every man and woman who found out he lives in and likes working at a tapestry shop.

The homophilic SJWs say "But that's BORING compared to liking penis in the colon!!!"

In reality it's extremely realistic and speaks to exactly the kind of issues their ilk create, only instead of merely harassment they also strongly endorse, enforce and encourage homosexuality in everyone they touch and don't want to have sex with

The reason they hate the idea of Kanji not being homosexual is because they would have to realize that his homosexual doubts of himself were implanted in him because of harassment, which is exactly the opposite of homophobia leading someone to doubts themselves– their primary narrative.

It also encourages self-reflection and triumph over such impulses rather than accepting them as natural, which is like the cross to a vampire for SJWs, who thrive on celebrating impulse as virtue.

The idea that Troy Baker fed these piranha (and belies it) instead of setting them straight shows that he did not pay a single lick of attention to anything about the character and even the story. It's pathetic. Baker is a failure.

There is only one untouched girl, it seems.

Agreed.

It's the Holy Grail, apparently. Or something.
It's based on Gnosticism not the actual Dante's Inferno concept that SMT mainline used to have (before IV beat everything bloody)

these sum up tumblr perfectly

Persona 4 came out when I was in high school and I identified strongly with Kanji and if it weren't the existence of such a character I could be sucking dick and hating myself right now.
Troy Baker trying to butcher the character in such an awful way should be punished.

I remember finding someone somewhere bitching about chie and yukiko saying they were gay and it was homophobic to be able to romance the two.

Are you fucking me?

sorry, no
I'm pretty sure they are convinced that every one in persona 4 is trans or gay

Christ

It's funny 'cause the Persona series consistently makes fun of gays and/or trannies. They don't give a fuck about PC (in more ways than one)

That's because Japan doesn't give two shits about identity politics, and crossdressing is a pretty common thing in their media over tehre where it doesn't usually have overt sexual connotations. It seems natural that in a game about psychology the tumblr hordes would of course skew everything in their own warped favor.

Oh hey, you did something on my birthday.

I legit was horrified when I saw Great Seal used all 999 HP. Not 998, not some symbolic number like 333 or 444, ALL OF YOUR HEALTH. I knew what was going on, other than the fact that there wasn't gonna be a bullshit Deus Ex Machina to make the MC survive.

I'm really, genuinely glad to hear that, user.
Thanks to P3&4 I learned how to communicate with people. I was a huge shut-in because of serious reasons and socially retarded, so thanks to those games I developed a sort of internal S.Link system which I used like training wheels for social settings. I'm still a bit cowardly today, sometimes more than a bit, but age and craftsmanship have developed me into a functioning adult. Mostly.
If not for that I would be a true NEET Hikki with no hope, so I know the feeling.

Have you also repented of your sins and come to Christ Jesus in Gospel truth? I ask because your situation is similar to a brother of mine in Christ and he also identified with Kanji a lot. It's great to be able to sock that evil part of ourselves in the face, ain't it?
I also want you to know peace eternally and shake hands with you in heaven, maybe even play vidya in the New Heaven and New Earth long after the events of Revelation. Plus, I'm pretty sure God wants you to come home to Him as well, so please do.

Here
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 1&version=NASB
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans 1&version=NASB

These decaying fools are incapable of understanding allegory.

I'm surprised they didn't think Yukiko was also an Otherkin and always wanted to be a princess bird.

To bad this guy isnt a persona
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Drag_Queen

Mitsuru is the only P3 character that managed to come out better in Arena.

Sup Pucci

He could've even said Kanji was bisexual, given that there's canon evidence for at least liking girls! Remember, he was thinking Chie and Yukiko were hot in their bikinis and did the le hilarious anime nosebleed-as-allegory-for-boner thing! I fucking hate the camping scenes so much, how do Chiefags love her that much even though she pushed you in a lake

But no, you either have to suck dick or suck clit. There's no middle ground. Thank you for being the ultimate speaker for sexuality even though you don't watch Tyrone fuck your wife, Troy. Die in a goddamn fire.

Holy shit Mitsuru is a sex goddess. If you really wanted to bring the P3 MC back, all she'd have to do is take off the furcoat and reveal that skin-tight suit in front of the door, and MC would break out dick-first just to fuck her.

We'd die but WORTH.

One more and I'm done, I swear.

Aren't these the same dykes and numales that will throw a shitft if you ask them who represents the man in a relationship?
Isn't it a little problematic to assume that Chie and Yukiko are lesbians all because Chie is a prince, Tumblr?

'cause Chie a cute
Its not like being pushed into a lake is a big deal anyway

Nigger you pushed you off a cliff into a shallow river. That slut could have killed you.

*She pushed you off
I don't even care that much about typos anymore. I've been awake for 32 hours

Tomboys and reverse traps are GOAT, don't get me wrong. I don't even hate her, I just have to wonder. Naoto is better even if the camping scenario was retconned competely

River, lake, whatever. Let's not forget that GIANT FUCKING ROCK in the river. God why the fuck couldn't I tell Yosuke to knock his shit off.

Also go to bed

Yeah, she's a total cunt but you should seriously get some rest 'cause that kind of fatigue is not good for you.

Please get some rest, I'll be here when you get back.

kek

I would be fine with that, but then again, it's best that Troy kept his mouth shut on the subject instead of giving more fodder to implacable fans.

More importantly, why the fuck would they still like her or Yukiko if they force you to ate their shit-tier cooking. Putting mint chocolate, kimchi, mocha, seafood, and chili peppers in curry. Are you fucking kidding me?

The best girls in 4. Sadly you can't get with one and the other one S-Link isn't fleshed out that much.

God there's not enough Kashiwagi porn. I don't get what she saw in Ms. Gaben either, why did she befriend her?

Margaret is alright. Here, no pics but I have a bunch of voice clips with some horrifying implications: tcrf.net/Persona_4/Unused_Voice_Clips/Social_Links#Margaret

Can't wait to see how much unused content is in Persona 5. Not even being snide.

You forgot to add in Nurse and maybe Ai. Too bad you couldn't pursue nurse though.

Great post

I was diamonds when she told you to close your eyes.

because your waifu cooks with love

Same. Too bad she left to Africa

Putting shit loads ingredients into a simple food dish ain't love, user.

I really like this gif.
From what I hear, it's essentially Goro's character arc.

I really hope you got some sleep, user

May God bless you wonderfully in Christ Jesus, user!

If is true then they really dropped the ball with creating actual conflicts in P5, not that the previous games really had any but as I sort of eluded to in , it feels like everything is presented as black and white despite the dodgy alignment related symbolism the game throws about in order to give the appearance of thematic depth.

They could have had some actual societal critique put into the narrative or an exploration of individual and relative morality, but instead, no matter what the alignment of the cast, in each Persona game the 'right' side is the one your friends are on. Examined as a group the series seems rather facetious if not hypocritical regarding its own themes and morals.

But as I said before, moral alignment systems like in D&D and Persona are trash anyway.

Well not so much Persona 2 (all about stopping reality from falling apart and defeating a pan-dimensional eldritch abomination) and Persona 4 (you're all just good guys looking to stop a serial kidnapper)
and Persona 1 was essentially Silent Hill

Persona 3 didn't actually have much either in the way of real introspective themes. It's pretty much Evangelion: Persona

Of any of the games, P5 was billed as social commentary.
They are used to making games about stopping bad guys and the bad guys behind the bad guys. They have gone into rough topics before (Persona 2 mainly) but they were just character backgrounds rather than actually being a part of the overall story.

P5 is a watered down P2 with a terrible misunderstanding of the psychological Jungian theme they have been abusing since the first game. It never showed this pathetic before because it was not the biggest focus, but as "heart stealers" trying to "reform people" (against their will) there was WAY too much in terms of moral and psychological implications they had to wrap their heads around
which they didn't.

P5 might be fun. It certainly has the greatest collection of girls.
However, in terms of plot and theme it falls HARD on its face because the creators tried to branch out into a field they had no idea of and– worst of all –did not even try to understand.

By the way:
Welcome to Shin Megami Tensei, mate. The Neutral Route is always the best route because Law (God) is grossly misrepresented and Chaos (Lucifer) is properly represented as being devious and ultimately letting demons run wild.

Take this kind of mentality for, well…decades? How long as SMT been around? Devil Survivor 1 is the only title that actually gave the player an ability to judge between the three routes themselves. Everything else is always black and white.

So yeah, take this mentality and apply it to a narrative that is:
You know what you get? Failure
Why? Because:

And of course you have the effort to be the opposite of the last game, just like Persona 4 was the opposite of P3.
P4 was warm and light mostly, so they wanted P5 to be "gritty" but, you know, without the effort to make it real.

So it's gonna be a case of "great characters in a shit story." Like Uncommon Time if you replaced everyone with Teagan clones.

Having a brainfart here, are you saying that they're both guilty of that?

Its not the best story or the worse its just there and its a good game so far and I like what I've played.

Pretty much, yeah. The characters are actually interesting and their interaction isn't forced animu all the time. It's pretty good stuff.

The story? No. It's passable if you just take it for what it is, but when you really think about it and what it set out to do it's a horrible failure.

I can dig it, mate. I'm into the game also.
It's fun, but the issue of it is where the heart of the subject matter resides in the story and the story is a mess.

In SMT mainline, yes.
In Persona it was obvious that Philemon was the good guy and Nyarlo was the bad guy so it's not a case of misrepresenting but a case of just making it black-and-white from the get-go.

That's why making a Persona game with complex themes and "social commentary" was stupid, because not only is this series known for black-and-white narrative but the entire franchise is always black-and-white.

I mean in terms of being devious.
Law is essentially Chaos but instead of demons running wild it's angels and instead of demons eating people it's angel oppressing people.

Dude has a pretty fucked up childhood. Of course hes going to be a little bit off from center.

New thread