Redpilling Boomer Parents About College

So I've graduated highschool and have been searching for a career. I've been drawn to trades and technical work, but my parents are insisting that I have to go to college art school no less and they keep telling me that the $200,000 it's going to cost is an investment so I can make more money down the road. They keep going on about how college is the only way to be successful and that I have to invest in my future, typical boomer stuff.

I've tried to tell them over and over that it's not worth it, that college isn't the same since they went - tried to explain modern college culture - safe spaces, feminism, rape hysteria, racial hysteria. But they went on about how college graduates get paid more, etc. Basically to them college=success, and I'm having a hard time getting through to them. I don't want to start off with the equivalent of a mortgage for something that may or may not help. How do I get through to them?

What's worse is they're trying to do the same thing to my little brother who is coming up on his highschool graduation soon. He wants to be an animator, and has considered art school , but is extremely wary because of the price tag attached. How do you get through to these people that chances are a degree that costs nearly a quarter million will very likely only fuck you over? It's like they won't accept any other option besides college. How do you get through to these people?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/wVZP8
archive.fo/CZlFU
archive.fo/YlVcw
archive.fo/EIEFa
online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-Degrees_that_Pay_you_Back-sort.html
freecollegeclasses.org/art/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Show them the videos. It's the only way. If they still try and shove into the Jew ovens afterward ask them what you did to make them hate you.

I went to a state uni and only graduated with 6k in debt. Got a full ride. It's possible to do it without fucking yourself over, it was also a lot of fun even if degenerate at times. Spending 200k is fucking stupid.

Find a friend who is also going to college and in a financial situation where they wouldn't get financial aid and then marry them with the understanding that you're only doing it for financial reasons. The way it works is that if you're not married, they look at your parental income which would disqualify most people who aren't nogs from receiving financial aid. If you get married however, they look at spousal income and your income, and if you're both students you both get full rides. Then at the end of the college experience just do a mutual divorce, costs $200 for a no-contest divorce. There, just saved you a couple hundred grand because I love my anons.

Are you 16+? Do as you will.

Unless they are paying for all of it and you don't have to borrow a dime, in which case do something STEM at the least pozzed versity you can find which you will enjoy, nothing stops you from starting on a trade on the side, you could even do distance/part time/flexible hours education.

If I could go back to when I finished highschool I would have studied biology and tried to make a virus that rendered all non whites and east Asians sterile.

sage

spoiled brat thread. Go fuck yourself kid. I hope you fucking die

sage

Sage is not a downvote, grandpa.

heres what you do

scenario 1:

-or-

scenario 2:

Where are you supposed to live after being kicked out by your parents for going to tech school?

If you don't go to college then you're never going to be hired by anyone ever. McDonalds requires a BS degree to flip burgers. Not having a BS degree is the modern day equivalent of not finishing high school.

No fucking way your parents are boomers if you just graduated high school. They're Gen X.

I absolutely guarantee your brother does not need to go to an art school to learn how to animate. He can absolutely learn from free shit off the internet; he just needs the will.

This board is 18+, I have a hard time believing a grown man would need to be spoon fed instructions on life as an alternative to being completely beholden to his parents. Either way, go fuck your self kid.

They are insane. Tell them you don't want to be a slave to the (((lender))) and show them pic related on what is taught in colleges now. I will post more shortly.

At this point, your parents are not Boomers unless they had you late in life. They're X'ers. I never understood why people shit on boomers (and rightfully so) but let X'ers off scot free.

This and above picture should be more then enough to convince them otherwise. Unless they are terminally libtarded boomers or idiots. In which case start studying how to livewithout cash on >>>/pdfs/

I was homeless for three years, you could try that.

Pick one.

Boomers are jewish golems through and through. They'd rather kill their children for approval from kikes than listen to a single word said against them. It breaks my heart that they are so loyal to judaism over family, but it is what it is. Avenge them, even if they hate you for it.

I've seen that man posted a lot, but never seen any of his extended works, do you have a link? I'm fine with a paywall

With 200k you can finance a 1M dollar rental property purchase. With a net operating income of 10%, the property will generate 100k in revenue per year. Or you can make 49k pre tax with your neato drawings on the computer, working next to Bernie voting faggots and paying down your 200k + 100k interest for the next twenty years faggot.

Take the 200k.
Put it in a hedgefund.

Let it grow for 20 years.
Retire.

Smartest investment advice you will ever get. Trust me.

Well his website is in the video archive.fo/wVZP8 but it looks like he was shoahed off of it. The scrollbar mentions a few others archive.fo/CZlFU archive.fo/YlVcw

archive.fo/EIEFa looking the most promising for links. So other then that no I don't. Maybe look up the books he mentions yourself to verify it?

Wanna learn a trade? I am hiring.

Why the hell would you go to art school to be an artist anyway? It's not like you're going to get much in the way of a career from that institution and you can learn how to draw well online anyway for free.

Anyway if your parents kick you out for whatever fucktarded reason then your just going to have to suffer for a little while and get a job in order to afford technical. Also make your anger towards your parents a productive force, have it motivate you to show them that they where wrong.

This is a decent way to get anal raped.

Do NOT let your brother anywhere near any of the Art Institutes, they are money grabbing kikes and lie out their asses about their graduate's "success". Have him download the student version of Maya(animation centered modeling program) and do animation tutorials from the internet, that is essentially what he would be doing at the Art Institute.

Interesting, I'd be curious to know the state of his health in that case…

I do hope you anons have saved all of his work, the bits and pieces I have seen are amazingly rich in information. There will be a new video platform coming out very soon, I'll try to have mass-uploads available on the launch date.

Haha, the Art Institutes were the first thing they pitched. Their main argument is that he won't get hired without a degree, though.

If they won't pay for your college with money they should have been saving for putting you through college since you were born, then you're not sinking yourself into debt over it. My boomer parents paid my way through college because they did the responsible thing and saved up money since I was born to pay my way through college. I got a pretty solid degree and have been gainfully employed since. Point out that investments have risks too, and that the price of a failed investment in college education is a very, very steep price that you are unwilling to pay. You really don't want to be a debt slave until you're 50; that will seriously harm your ability to start a family and save up money for your children's futures. Also, it can be a sore point in a marriage (decent women usually expect that the man is financially secure).

What kind of trade/technical work are you looking into doing? That could help some of us give you more specialized information.

How about just doing what you want? Who gives a fuck what they accept.

Also Holla Forums is not here to give you advice.
Also:

Are they fucking retarded?
Art school is the least profitable option there is. What is it you want to do?
College graduates get paid more for a variety of reasons, usually it's because of a handful of graduates make bank in lucrative professions while the rest are pulling average wages (it's unlikely you'll be worse off than not getting educated at all seeing as colleges do select "good" students and require they prove their worth to graduate), but even salaries aren't always relevant. I could easily pull high salaries working in Silicon Valley, but rent in any home worth living in would leave me in the red. Unless it's adjusted for cost of living, any numbers are worthless.
You need to learn a skill that is in demand and will be in demand in the future. And if you want to make money in this world, and I mean actually make money, you aren't going to go to college to get a job. You're going to have to own your business. That's the only way. College won't help you run your own business, but depending on what you want to do, it may help you acquire the skills.
But good luck getting a business loan when you're burdened with student loans, so your idea had better be low cost.
Well, he probably should go to art school. You need connections to get your foot in the door in that industry, that's why talentless hacks are running the show at most places these days. Tell him to bust his ass, and that he should ALWAYS be working on a meaningful portfolio. He should be sending it to everybody and everywhere.
Even if he wants to do 2D (and I implore him to continue to work at it if that's his passion), he needs to learn 3D as well, because that's where the money is right now.

You can learn the basics online, but if you want someone to tell you what you're doing wrong you need someone to teach you.

Hired? All he needs to do is get good enough to work through the many pay by item services there are. My logo was done by a self taught artist.

Additionally, I am not memeing, if you want work in the trades I am hiring, will train provided you actually have the capacity to learn.

Your parents are not boomers, lol, they're Gen Xers.
They didn't go to woodstock, they went to the arcade.

If you want to get to prove to them that trade skills are needed and can be lucrative, contact some headhunters and explain your situation. Ask them for a list of open jobs in your region for electricians. Right now in the midwest there are thousands of open jobs for electricians willing to travel.

I did 6 years on a submarine as a sonar tech and then got with a headhunter from Orion as I was getting out. I had hundreds and hundreds of offers. Now that I have more experience the list of available jobs is even larger. The amount of emails I get from headhunters trying to fill spots is absurd.

No college for me, just on the job experience and military training. I travel for work and average 110k a year pre tax. I live in a cheap quiet suburb and really enjoy my job. My boss office is 1500 miles away! I set my own hours, get to schedule about half my own jobs now that I have a customer base in my region, and every day is different.

Even better, if I dont work for a week, or two weeks, or three weeks, I still get paid for a 40 hour work week. Since April 1 i spent about 100 days on one giant fucking installation, 2-3 weeks on, 1 week off. Now that its over and winter is coming, my jobs will start to slack off for a few months.

Got home on the first at 2 am, and havent worked since. Still getting paid. Full benefits and 401k. Next job starts Monday, so sunday I will log 10 hours of travel in overtime listening to books on tape and podcasts.

Today I got paid 8 hours of work to grind Fallout 4 in my gym shorts.

There is no excuse to ruin your life and waste 4 years obtaining a useless degree. The massive shortage of hardworking white young men in the electrician/network engineering and HVAC field has created a free for all. With the right experience or certification you would have to try not to get a job at this point in these fields.

Show them that you can succeed in the trades, you are pretty much guaranteed a job in welding for instance. There is a shortage of skilled tradesmen in this country, not a shortage of liberal arts majors.

Truth.

Ohio?
Type of trade?
I genuinely hate going to college (engineering) and can work with my hands fairly well. I know how to solder(PCB) and know generally how to use most tools in a wood-shop. I love to learn and I hate to be indoctrinated by retards and surrounded by shitskins.
oh, master please teach me

I want to get involved with cars and motorcycles. I was always a drawfag and still am, hence why they suggested art school. I just figured if I wanted to make it as an artist I would just do mechanic/auto-related work and hone my drawing skills until I could sell work to whoever was interested, like suggested.

Burn it with fire

Mandatory viewing.

This is sick as fuck, accurate, but sick as fuck.

you would probably be better learning to be a draftsman you learn a lot of skills that cross over but you have job prospects afterwards

sage

Don't be a faggot and go to college and get a degree that will make you a dickload of money

online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-Degrees_that_Pay_you_Back-sort.html

You are a stupid faggot. Did you not see or ? See another pic on why colleges are just literal globalist/kikery warfare centers. Literally teaching children to argue against logic and reason because (((MUH DEGREE))).

Go to a community college and get the "Shit I should have learned in highschool but now I'm focused" classes out of the way. I worked for two years and then moved to kansas, paid $3000 for an associates, and lined up and ag job while I was there. Eventually I moved and continued what I was doing in a place that wasn't fucking kansas, though I did learn to appreciate parts of it.

Unless you KNOW what you want to do and have a clear plan, anything more is a scam.

Your brother is right to be suspicious, art school is basically 30k a year daycare for adult children.
Ask Holla Forums about what an prospective animator actually needs.

I met a dude who did this. If you're going to milk the government, a full ride on a STEM degree will actually benefit your country better than most social programs.

Protip:
Your parents are right.

You need to get the right degree. Be a doctor, lawyer or engineer.

Art school is pretty retarded. Got a few tips for your bro:
1. Art tutorials online, get fuckin good at drawing and animation for free. Tons of free college-level courses are available online. freecollegeclasses.org/art/
2. Make friends with people in the animation industry. Clubs, meetups, forums etc.
3. MAKE STUFF. See an animation you like, try to copy that style, you'll learn a lot.
4. Read books, watch videos to improve your work. Study the masters, learn from them.
5. Volunteer on projects, get experience and help people out at the same time.
6. Freelance work – freelance sites are getting huge. Tons of business owners don't need to hire an on-site artist but want work done occasionally. Upwork, Freelancer, etc.
7. Most importantly, get a mentor. Lots of people out there that want to mentor people for free. Jewgle it, there's a lot of articles on it and how important it is.
And yeah, it isn't the same as school, sit your ass down, follow our structure, and you'll succeed. But it's hell of a lot cheaper. Saves you a lot of time that would've been spent on diversity crap.

fuck off kike

Fixed it for you.

Senior year user, if you are still here, let's do this. Make sure to hit me up when we both get in.

This user is right. Focus on building a portfolio of example work while you learn an art.
People sure as hell wont hire you if you have nothing to show them.

I remember reading a while back on pdf's about avoiding physical survalience. I can't find the pdf I was reading though. It was a decent sized pdf on all sorts of car and walking survielence.

Maybe tell them that college is more about the connections you make with other people, that is why the rich send their children to incredibly expensive schools. Not so they can learn how pepe is an alt right hate symbol, but so they can mingle with the children of titans of industry and get jobs that way? there are a million law schools. If you want to get into one you can. regardless of how shit your LSAT is. Why do you think all of the goldman sachs lawyers come from harvard…

Oh my god, those infographics change literally everything. Jesus christ, kid. You want to know how to make money from a degree? Say it with me
E N G I N E E R I N G
chemical, biological, computer, aeronautic, industrial
take your pick. Don't say I never taught you nothing.

A studio apartment and quite literally pinching each penny going full jew for savings. I'm talking you get a set amount of ham and veggies per sandwich type saving.

Wooo indebt yourself to learn how to boil tree sap multiple times and make plastics.
Let's become slaves to learn how the human body works!
Let's go learn how to become a liar for COBRA and all the other lieing kikes out there!
You don't even openbsd on a powerpc macbook do you?

Fuck off fag your phd is meaningless here. It's the equivelent of saying you are a girl without backing it up with knowledge. Or in a girls case showing tits.

Kek. You should see the Lockheeb Martin seminars I've had to sit through this year. Engineering isn't safe from the poz either.

It's fall, so I'm assuming you missed the university deadlines already.
1) You're probably 18, just tell them that you're 100% sure that you'll fail out of art school and that you won't fail out of a trade school.
2) If they outright give you money for college, take it and major in Mechanical Engineering Technology/Electrical Engineering Technology/a similar program that's basically "Engineering-light." It's better than trade school in terms of the education and what job you'll get, but it's a worse trade off unless you got scholarships.
3) It's OK for your parents to think you're a failure. Mine does, and I almost have a Ph.D. in Math without any debt. (She wanted me to be a drug dealer.)

You know what? I misjudged you completely. You are grade-A art school material. I think things like math and physics would be asking too much. Stick to fixing my car and making web comics no one gives a shit about.

College is just a kike scam. I'm the Assistant QA manager for a DoD and aerospace contractor and all I have, paper wise, is a GED. Just chart a course and work hard.

No one is free from the poz, but you can at least stack a few shekels to compensate

If they're paying for it get a STEM degree, which basically is going to make you more money.

If they're not paying for it, tell them to fuck off.

I don't see how this is hard.

True. At least at my company everyone is white and I've been able to redpill a couple other machinists. My main recommendation is to work for a small company. I've always found them to be much more enjoyable and relatively free of poz aside from whats forced on them by the prime contractors like Lockheeb and Boeing.

They could be tail end Boomers that had him in their late 30's early 40's. But yeah probably GenX.

Interesting how this Monty Python skit is now reality

Funny video. It's basically Sam making fun of himself because his dad blew all of his money putting him in Graphic Design @ college (and killed himself I think).

damn, is this true?
it would explain a lot

Haven't watched any MDE stuff since World Peace, that was actually pretty good. Is Sam's new videos just him waxing philisophical on subjects? That one was really good.

That's HydeWars when he isn't doing Liam Neeson impressions. $5 a month on gumroad goy

He seriously put his shit behind a paywall? U thought it was a joke, especially considering the echoes on one of the vids. What a desperate faggot.

I bet you couldn't fix your own car

You dun goofed

Call the amberlamps, guys, my sides are trying to kill me.

It's available for a limited amount of time for free on the channel so you have to catch it when it's up. He rationalizes it in this video as being related to his spending thousands a month on different projects. This video is how he should have announced it in the first place, instead of some instagram post and a 20 minute video staring at steak on a plate with cigar ashes on top.

I lived in my car for the whole duration of my college education because I couldn't afford an apartment and I couldn't get a dorm room for free because I'm a fucking white male nor could I afford an apartment that wasn't a cubbyhole which reeked of piss. It's really not bad, I showered in dorms because they didn't actually check if you lived in the dorm so you could freely use any of their free services, at least where I'm from.

I'm almost to the point of blackpill.