Super fighting robot Mega Man thead

Post and discuss the Blue Bomber.

I'm so hyped over that new cartoon by Man of Action. Capcom sure knows what we the fans want.

So I'm guessing no hope left in man. Can we at least remember the good times

I want to hug Palette and kisses her cute smooth forehead.
Then engage in rigorous human on reploid sex.

Never understood why he is called "the blue bomber." Isn't Mega Man most known for shooting energy bullets?

I always thought it was because he blows shit up like a bomb. It's not like Megaman has never used a bomb before though

It's funny and ironic how reploids looked more like robots with every new installment. X can easily pass as a person with a blue armor.

I have trouble picking favorites.
Tron is mai waifu, though.

Quick Man is best robot master

How do I git gud at Mega Man games?

jump and shoot

The bosses are always special robots so they're bound to look more robotic.
The regulars are just human, even Cinnamon from command mission that had a hollow chest cavity to generate force metal was essentially human.

Mega Man 3
Classic!
pic related
Zero.

Unless that new cartoon produces some quality games some how.

X1
Classic
Tron
No

Probably between one of the original X trilogy games and one of the zero games. I can't be fucked to make a decision now.
Zero
Probably Zero
If genesis and corrupted are completed soon, then maybe.

3 > 2 > 9 > 4 > 10 > 1 > 6 > 7 > 5 >>>>>>>>>> 8

The motivations for making this thread aren't that different than a girl shouting that the cake is a lie.

Same thing with you.

X8 was my favorite mega man game, you don't see a lot of people ever mentioning it though.
Wonder why.

oh fuck I forgot about this track

Most people gave up on the X series after 7, so they never played 8.

We still have this at least

It's decent, but it came after the travesty that was X7, and many people were sour over Axl.

After how terrible X7 was, people, including myself, probably thought that X8 was equally terrible. I'll give it a try after finishing command mission.

Why people hate 8 so much? I like the art style

Yeah, but they have more and more features that make them obvious robots. For example Palette have an smooth head and 2 floating pieces of hair, while Alia can just pass as a woman using an armor, that's my point.

and you too

As a guy who skipped from X4 to X8 as a kid

I have very fond memories trying to find all of the chips and unlocking the navigators as playable characters, the only thing i didn't like was playing the 2 driving missions but they weren't that bad.

The fucking arsenal of laser blades zero gets was the coolest shit and fighting one of the bosses while a ride armor was crazy satisfying when i figured out how to get it there, copy chip was a cool idea but not very well implemented.

Layer best girl

I'll take the bait what in the hell are you talking about

Then again, I share a board with anons that think Mega Man & Bass/Rockman & Forte isn't anything but awful. At least it isn't its Wonderswan sequel. Or Game Boy 2

dammit, meant is

Wily & Light's Rockboard: That's Paradise!"
Classic
pic related
There hasn't been for decades.

I've been marathoning all the games lately, and just finished X3. Next on my list is 8, but I have to get a Saturn emulator working first because I'm not about to play the inferior PS1 version and miss bosses. But after playing the first three X games, I have to ask, why do people act like Zero isn't a huge Mary Sue who ruins the story of every game he appears in? We're just constantly told he's so great and that maybe if X is lucky he can be as good as him one day, but then all we see is X saving his ass, and Zero killing bosses that I wanted to fight, damnit. Then he acts like I couldn't have killed them. Fucker, I got this far in the game, I saved your ass, I could have kicked their asses. The little bitch is just an edgy(er) ripoff of Proto Man anyway. And I'm to understand this was Inafune's big contribution to the franchise? Those stupid fucks who donated to Mighty No. 9 should have known the guy was a hack the entire time. He's a character designer who makes shit designs and shit stories, and as far as I can tell, doesn't actually design levels or anything. He just makes the Deviantart version of Mega Man, AKA Mega Man X.

Also, the entire X series seems to act like it has such a good story, but it retroactively ruins the original games' stories by making it a key plot point that Rock, Roll, Blues, Bass, and all the robot masters and Mega Man Killers never had free will. Nevermind that we have things like Ballade sacrificing himself to save Mega Man, despite being made specifically to kill Mega Man. But even if we ignore that and just look at X as its own story, I haven't seen anything as cool in the first few X games as the story to Mega Man II on Game Boy. I mean, if you take it at face value, it gives us the canon ending to the classic series. in the future, Wily becomes a legitimate good guy, but present-day Wily goes to the future, disguises himself as his reformed future self, and kidnaps Mega Man, brainwashing him, taking him to the past, and making him fight his present-day self, forcing present-Mega Man to kill his own future self. You're gonna tell me that's not a cooler story than the hamfisted whining that comprises the stories of the X series?

Practice. When I started, I found it hard as fuck, and had to use the pause glitch to beat Yellow Devil. I was tearing my hair out trying to beat Mega Man 2 on "Normal" mode (actually Easy mode added to western release). A couple weeks later I got to The Wily Wars, the Genesis rerelease of the first three games (plus some new stuff), and a lot of people say that game is harder, due to various timing factors and some enemies being (relatively) smaller. Also the pause glitch doesn't work anymore. But I managed to beat all three games in one sitting.

tl;dr: git gud

What's wrong with Rockman World II? Other than being relatively easy, I thought it was a very good game. And it has the best character and the best story.

not sure why no astroboy/megaman crossover yet

…How strong is Astroboy?

Megaman can lift 400 tons overhead.

If Mega Man can lift 400 tons then how damn heavy are those rocks that Gutsman throws around? And what super-dense material are they made out of?

Astro has 100k horsepower strength iirc.
Not sure how that translates into mass

Wily Wars tends to run slower due to botched programming, so the Yellow Devil and stuff like Quick Man aren't as challenging. It's moreso of a pokier pace on the PAL versions.

It's 27,500 tons if you convert horsepower to foot pounds. About the weight of a battlecruiser.

Huh. So Astroboy is hands down stronger, and can fly. Meanwhile Megaman can hot-swap powers from other robots.

We have the makings of a Fighter/Caster tagteam game.

What else can Astroboy do? I'm not familiar with his canon. I know he's got a finger laser, but I don't know how powerful it is.

He's got super hearing and a machine gun in his ass too, but that's about it. The finger laser is ridiculously strong as well.
Of course any respectable caster/fighter team also needs a tank.

I gave it an honest go after replaying X1-6 fuck 6 btw, but it just felt so dry and unpleasant. The music was pretty forgettable to me, constantly being reminded how to equip chips got grating, and the level design and gameplay just didn't feel as good as previous entries. The song you posted is bretty good though.

>worse than 7 and 5

I honestly have no clue. Its got it's problems, but is 8 really that bad?

I'm gonna defend X7 here. It's not an entirely forgivable game, but I can speculate on it's development enough to know that it wasn't any more or less rough than Sonic Adventure was when compared to the 2D Sonic games.

To be honest, very few of Capcom's 3D games at the time of X7's release, and for a period even after that weren't very good. Most of said games involved relatively cramped, tightly controlled and spaced environments with cinematic angles and relatively simplistic gameplay. Their 3D games that didn't have these more often than not fell apart or never achieved the kind of success that Capcom's 2D or 2.5D efforts garnered. Now, this is just most cases, Capcom did still have a few hits in the midst of all that.

But not only did X7 have that inexperience going against it, but the particular studio within Capcom that developed it, Production Studio 3, had prior experience with the Resident Evil series. That's right, I mean the PS1 ones that had the tank controls. I'm pretty sure there was a lot of pain building an entirely new formula of gameplay on an engine that was meant to handle gameplay revolving around cinematic still shots set in tight quarters with lots of slow-moving enemies or large, single enemies with no real platforming to speak of. It and the dev team around it had no business running the Mega Man X series gameplay on that engine, because the concessions for it are all over the game.

In fact, I think the entire 2D\3D split set on random parts of the game was because the dev team themselves had no clue what they wanted to do with what they'd built up since they loaded it with so much tech that after a point, it became more about finishing the game rather than making sure it was great. When you consider what all X7 actually has, it's more of a disappointment that so little of it was and used for X8.

Just my thoughts, though.

I get that the game went through bad development, but it's still pretty bad, even if there's a reason behind it. X6 is only bad because it was rushed, otherwise it could have been the greatest X game, BUT the final result isn't so bad.

What was the logic about the placement of the dual machine guns? Seems like the worst possible place to put them.

What about Protoman with his shield.

He's more of some sort of support class. He's not really suited to be a tank on account of that unstable nuclear core.

Official?
Unofficial, mm8bdm: justified classes

Classic

Too many. I will say though freezeman having more than just the opening pose by actually waiting a few seconds for you to make the first move adds a lot of character to his fight.

None left

True that.

Proto Man's is established to be a glass cannon. Supposedly, his buster is more powerful than Mega Man's on account of his different reactor, but he takes more damage and can't keep his power stable while fighting for very long, which is why he only appears to fight briefly and not long-term.

Mega Man 6 stage select music best stage select music.

Mega Man 5 pls no bully

Classic

Mega Man Shadow also Quint, but someone else picked that

JoJo exists

The future Mega Man stories always intrigued me, and I think it's a shame none of it came back.

Mega Man II played, sounded, and looked like complete shit compared to the other Mega Man games and other games for the Game Boy in general.

Also, the MMII future was relegated to an alternate timeline due to Present Wily's interference, along with the disappearance of Future Mega Man, so while the future for the Classic series could end up like that, it's unconfirmed and extremely up in the air. Timey-wimey bullshit and all that.

Fuckin' love the comics for talking about stuff like Robot Masters not actually being quite at human-level intelligence and not being able to grow as people because of their pre-set personalities. Games touch upon it a tiny bit but don't ever really go into it; I wish they hadn't cancelled it so we could eventually get Bass and his input on things, especially when there was stuff like that cancelled Rockman Online claiming Bass's general destructive output and direct disobeying of Wily even if obeying him would put him in line with his "destroy Mega Man" directive more or less made him an extremely low-level Reploid.

Favorite game's a toughy, though I most fondly remember Mega Man 3 through 5, Mega Man X and X2, Zero 4 and ZX. Liked Battle Network (especially 6).

Favorite series is the X series overall, Zero series had potential but I didn't think it hit its stride until Zero 4 and by that point the series was ending for-realsies instead of Inafune's open-ended and lazy Z3 ending.

Favorite guy's Zero though I don't like his entire point being to steal X's spotlight, Dynamo and Massimo are major contenders. Layer's best girl.

even now there is hope for man

I think the whole thing behind that is Wily has a pretty fucking bad habit of making heart-of-gold robots even if they have an express mission to destroy Megs, sacrificing themselves to save him because to let him go dishonorably would defeat the whole point of it.

I GAVE YOU HANDS,
A CHILD'S FACE.
I GAVE YOU HAIR!

Where the fuck has MegaMan Legends been all this time? This was THE fucking game i've been looking for all my life. It's friggin wonderful. I love it.

No clue, i love the art style and tight gameplay. Maybe its because of the cringy voice acting?

You're only now playing the first one? Wait'll you get to the second. It makes Legends 1 feel like an alpha.

Even better, wait until he gets to Nino Ruins

THEIR CHANCES ARE THINNING
I DODGE BULLETS WHEN I'M SPINNING

I actually just bought the Legacy bundle, I've been enjoying that a lot actually.

lern2dodge

hitting a boss is easy. surviving his everything is hard

I pirated Legacy Collection on DS. Is comfy to have Megaman portable with nice extras. It's utter shit compared with Anniversary Collection, though.