ITT: Slickest User Interfaces

Just slick and elegant looking UI you've seen in games, even if they're from shit games. Case in point:

Ridge Racer 4

One of the Ridge Racer 4 one's didnt upload, but i might as well show the 5th game's UI too.

P4

For stylish UI, I can only think the Wipeout.
Now, for useful interface that doesn't get (too much) in the way of the gameplay is the 3DS Zeldas, Monster Hunter, Dark Souls, Nethack (using hotkeys avoid many troubles, but requires memorization). Those are from the top of my head, there are many others.

Doesn't P5's UI go for even more style?

Better believe it.

Seems to go a little too far for my liking in places, but in motion I can imagine its really pleasing to watch.

How the mighty have fallen

Persona 5 just oozes style and I love it.
It's one of those things where, even if what you're doing isn't all that cool, it feels cool as heck.

gozya 3 and 6 have a way better looking UI

Kof 13 and GGXX#R are my all time favourites.

Why do nip games have cool UIs?

Molyneux is the kind of guy that tries so hard to think outside of the box that he ends up putting another box on his head.

Patrician coming through.

Split/Second is sorely overlooked

Because they put substance over style, then up the style so it's on par with the substance.

bad uis there.

The issue is what they aren't showing. Why dedicate an entire screen to just map or car select. Why arent both on the same screen alongside all the other prerace options.

Look at the energy meter at the top left corner. Now look at Pulseman's wrist. Now that is an ellegant interface: you don't even have to look away from the hero to know how much energy he has!

Love their games, Black Rock deserved more time.

I like the Deus Ex one, short cut keys work like they would work on any program, same counts for Morrowind that also always you to drag windows.
It hurts that almost no other games do this

The one on 64 was perfect, had that perfect feel of setting up a game, Melee was good but lost that magic touch, then with Brawl it went on a whole new shitty direction, then with 4 they stuck with the worst one.

Not a fan of the series, but this shit looks cool as fuck.

Yeah that was nice.

I want a game that looks like Microsoft 98 Excel.

EVE?

Holla Forumsirgins have no taste for video games.

Smash4's menu is a pain in the ass, since pressing a cardinal direction doesn't seem to have much of a pattern for where the cursor will go, and each screen has a wildly different layout.

Shit UI.

Why do japs always pick the ugliest latin fonts?

This is an impressive amount of information, but it lacks that blocky gray with blue accents I want to nostalgia for.

I'm a fanboy, I'm not going to deny it.

I hope you fußball.

I'll git gud eventually, I've been trying since 2012.

Idea was really cool though.

i MISS THIS GAME. hARD AS SHIT At first, but later on when you started getting the supercars unlocked it was just pure unadulterated fun

The execution was a damn fucking mess.

ayyo a nigga completely fo'got about titty health game. honestly fam dat shit would be sum breast cancer awareness ish deez days w/ a double mastectomy hoe up in

nigganon, every time I read your posts I think you're having a stroke

I'm stuck at this boss in Ys Seven and I still don't know how to block or tell my teammates to block/stop running into his tongue

why

Loved the UI design in dead space. Floaty holograms make my dick hard.
Never understood how having your own health status and shit on your back worked out- one of the most useless places as a in-character person to have that information.

I suppose it's so other people can moniter your situation
There is likely guages in your helmet

Ignore the OP.
Post UI gore.

The stem-cell / spine fluid mixture display is mounted on the person's back so as to better integrate this medical tech with human biology. Many space colonies have a med outpost located high above main hub areas not unlike airport control towers of the 20th century, which house medical technicians monitoring populous' general health.

TL;DR - In my mind they're like the sims status jewels for doctors to see how well the population is doing.

Fags

Try Morrowind. One button accesses everything. Items can be dragged and dropped with a single mouse click. You can't get better than that.

Muh nigga

But aren't console games insulted for their lack of control options, which result in mapping shit to one button?

No, I meant one press of a button accesses everything.

I think the worst offender was the new Syndicate which i heard they payed a fortune to the most expensive design firm to make the UI

I gotta show some love to Kingdom Hearts. One of my favorite UIs. Clean, easy on the eyes, good sound effects, memorable designs overall throughout the series both in pause menus and command menus. If nothing else, KH gave us one of the most iconic Health bars.
My main gripe would be the world-themed command menus in KH2 as they're pretty hit or miss, but thankfully optional.

Man, that game is criminally underrated. I recall that boss not being too much of a headache. Keep at it, user.

Original Syndicate had god-tier ui to begin with.
Sequel was shit, and that shooter shouldn't even be made at all.

Fun fact: RE4's HUD was rendered in the world itself, with the camera positioned to mask it.

Embed related.

I find that hard to believe, but the only other health bar I can remember is MGS1's…

the game was bad but the inventory system

Game could be really awesome, but it's unfinished. Still, best fire simulator ever.

Ah, how shameful of me. Although that's not just a health bar, that's a whole HUD.

That's just flipped musou lifebar with ROUND SWIRL gimmick.
Fuck off autismo, I bet you're furfag too.

The only one I liked is that car game

The other 3 have the UI fucked over with underlying pictures distracting/hiding the UI elements.

dirt 2 did the "real world menu the best I've ever seen

I gotchu fam

The Wipeout Pulse UI is both gorgeous and very readable.
Now I just need to git gud and unlearn the way I played Burnout Legends.

Cmon, man, dont make me give credit to Goldeneye.

Fuck I hate the way Sakurai does menus.

It looks like a bunch of stickers on a fridge door

That game was good they just fucked up the controls

Sakurai's wife, you mean.

if you're designing a turn based game there's fair few excuses for making the UI shitty and boring, or 'sleek'
efficient menu design is important in real time, but not so much on a game like Persona

fund it, is what I would say if Microsoft wouldn't sue the fuck out of you

Was it really?

Move away Holla Forums, best UI coming through

For a moment I thought that was the Master from Fallout and was about to rip you a new one because Fallout 1 and 2's UI is horrendous, especially when played in higher resolutions.

Nice try videogames, but no such place exists.

It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it does it's job well and it's slick.

I want to punch the player who screenshotted this.

Oh~ Now that I want. I vaguely remember downloading that. Time to install.

UT99 gets an honorable mention.

Don't forget
And a pretty shit settlement location what with no room to expand and all those quality anomalies to the north east.

As says, it's probably meant for your colleagues to easily know your overall condition when you're not close. With the bulky heavy space suit it wouldn't be readily noticeable when it comes to your condition.

The Fallout series definitely has one of the best UIs out there. The immersion you get from the way your character actually operates the Pip-Boy's knobs and dials as you scroll through items is well worth the small amount of screen space it takes up.

My favorite shit is when a game's character select is 3D and actually has the character models in it. Virtual On did this cool thing where you're in an enormous hangar and the robots are moved along as you scroll through. When you pick one, the UI disappears, it locks its feet into a launch panel, then shoots off into the ocean or space depending on the level. Later Tekken games get an honorable mention with the camera rotating around your character, and then zooming in on their upper body while they pose and say something.

I like this game, but aesthetic UI's are just icing on the cake

The city's in a decent spot, has three anomalies from turn 1. The one thing he didn't fuck up.

My nigga!

Any Psygnosis game for PSX

It's actually surprisingly nice once you get used to it, if you're not a scrub.

I really like this interface. It has everything I need in a single screen. This is all I've ever wanted from an RPG on PC inventory wise yet I can't find any game that does this.

shieeet nigga that brings back some good memories playing that shit at my uncle's selecting random parts and then crashing my car every turn

Also, don't forget how nice it was being able to click things out of your inventory and place them precisely in the world.

I want this.

It's let me decorate a lot of homes in a fun way.

More boob based UI's in general would be good.

Dead Space
Muh immersion
please don't mention the sequels

Too easy, just post any MMO screen ever.