TUROK Remastered

Can we have a Turok thread?

I just downloaded it.

I just finished the first level and boy is that game fun. I have almost no memory of the first Turok, I played the second game much much more.

2 Things that I am wondering regarding modern FPS. Jumping is so much better in Turok. You actually jump faster the longer you hold the jump button, which is a really simple mechanic, but makes platforming so much less frustrating.

And another thing. Swimming. It's so nice to see the game simulate breast strokes by not making swimming static, but give a short speed boost and then slowing down.

And they are other things like really satisfying weaponry, but that is what Turok is famous for after all.

Wew, the first level was long. I am taking a quick break before tackling the second, figuring that I am not able to save at my leasure.

So nice to see.

Sorry for long blogpost btw. Subscribe to my youtube channel if you want more. ;)

a habit of mine I need to drop

HOLY FUCK!

You bought and downloaded it to talk about it?

I finished level 1, am at level 2 atm.

Then this happened
to me and I want someone to hug me. Fuck this is hard.

Oh and don't forget. I played Turok Dinosaur hunter and Seeds of Evil as a little kid.
I barely remember the first one, but I played the second one A TON.

They are very similar so no problem. I think I was like 6 years old when I played the first.

Chief Squaw Deercorn doesn't fuck around. And the arsenal that this lean mean Listerine-chugging machine can lug around just makes shit gravy.

10/10 would drink Lysol while complaining about the white man not giving my tribe enough gibs again. You make good choice by play game. Make ancestors very proud.

I wanna fug that

I came in here just to post that
S-sorry

Are you guys me? Those raptor thighs look delicious.

I want to fuck one in missonary position with all his limps rapped around my body and putting me in a leglock.

I'm thinkin' vore

no thank you then

I am fairly vanilla, if you exlude bi-curiousity

a hole is a hole

woah there sunshine, you're gonna end up with a real problem if you go down that path

So how wells this game run anyway? I can't get fucking mod-less morrowind to give me good framerate in towns and my PC isn't (wasn't? I dunno, its been 3-4 years since I upgraded) shit. Does it let you choose the draw distance?
Never got the n64 cart since I never got it as a kid and looking at it now it's got a slideshow framerate and 5 feet draw distance

WEW
E
W

user, if Aliens ever invade you can trust me. I love humans after all. All kinds of humans, not just women.

Aliens would be disgusted by humans, not matter which gender, which means I am the complete opposite of a filthy alien invader xeno scum.

(Actually not true, since I probably only like a minority of people of the male gender)

Runs perfect. I wonder if the original was like this, but you really have extremely fast movement speed. But that is typical for a game of that kind, right?

Only bad thing is that as mentioned before the enemies are as fast as you on hardcore difficulty.

There is one option that flat out enables greater draw distance.

I never played it on n64 either, only ever on pc.

Thats nice

Well now you've got me wanting this game but what kinda dummy priced some 20 year old port at 20 god damn dollaroos?
I can't be doing this, Acclaim isn't even still alive. Fucks sake, the guys who ported it did system shock 2 to modern hardware or something and even that was only 10 bucks

gay af

Not really user. I don't want to suck dick and neither take it in the ass.

Could I love another guy if he's cute? Yeah sure, but I am only going to fuck him. The only submissive thing I would do if he was dominantly riding my dick.

I just pirated it. Justified imo, because I owned it as a kid, but always lost tons of cds and dvds.

I'll never understand why people like hyper penises.

It's really only acceptable if you draw a giant that is going to smother him, while his dick is perfect for their size.

Turok 2 is a spectacular game. A version where you can aim properly would really save the game.

I really can't wait to play turok 2 again.

I probably played throught the first levels at least 20 times. Turok 1 remaster has a crosshair and a seperate difficulty option "accurate projecticle collison" which fixes the overly large hitboxes of the game.

Don't worry, you still fire extremely accurate. I often find myself jumping up with the pistol to headshot an enemy far away. There is no bullet spread.

I found the mantis level to be hell. Looked so samey.

how does that work? if you just tap the button you kind of float for a second or what?

If you tap it you do a short hop. I don't think you have to hold it very long to max out.

It really is not floaty, it works actually quite well. I have rarely jumped over an obstacle btw.

The insect level on that space ship? Yeah.

so then you meant to say the longer you hold jump the higher you jump, not faster?

You jump further, not that much higher.

oh. I think the original did that too but it worked on a toggle.

wut?

how would toggle factor into jumping? how would that work

you turn on and off a long-jump toggle. pretty sure it had something like that.

I properly examined the options menu and looked at every option and I don't recall that option.

I played the tutorial and it just mentioned that this is how it works, not that it's an option.
So even if you are right, the remaster doesn't have that option anymore.

just beat the second level, lads

I think that was enough for today

Is it a remake of the N64 game or is it from one of the later games?

Dinosaur Hunter. Seeds of Evil is planned.

Rage Wars is a multiplayer game and I have never heard much or played about Shadow of Oblivion. I wonder what that game is like.

b