3DS CFW+Homebrew Thread

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.
>11.1:
You can not run any CFW
Everything from 11.0 applies, but browserhax and menuhax have been patched, so no more homebrew either without freakyforms or otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
pastebin.com/8yF7aBBb
archive.fo/MNsMp
videogame.ch/Gaming-Zubehoer-Modding/Nintendo-3DS/Flashcard/NEW-Team-Revolution-R4i-Gold-3DS-RTS-fuer-alle-Firmware-V2-Revision-2014.html
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/Hatsune_Ranma/top_0003_zpsj9noy9ht.png
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadmissingforencryption
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade#optional-making-luma3ds-work-with-an-external-boot-manager
reisyukaku.org/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(2.1.0-ctrtransfer)
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_browser
yachtclubgames.com/2016/07/azure-striker-gunvolt-striker-pack/
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV:_Apocalypse
3ds-flashcard.com/blog/r4-card-or-homebrew-cant-work-on-these-new-3dsxl2ds-consoles/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the luma.dat to the root of your SD card, as well as the and 3ds folder. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
BootNTR for 11.0: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO Account: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
3DSChaos Account: user: eightvee pass: eightveebunker
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/8yF7aBBb
Last Thread: archive.fo/MNsMp

gentlemen
I don't understand this yet.
Where does the 3DS store installed CIA data? The title Icon is saved on my "desktop" in reinand (the emunand section) but I believe the game data itself is saved on the normal part of the SD card that can be accessed by the computer in windows explorer

Also:
I have an 8GB SD card with Reinand on it. There are 6.4 GB free space on it.
Can I install 4GB games with this? I mean, 6.4 GB is enough for 4GB cia files but if the installer cannot delete files on the fly I will have to have double the space at least.
Will my 6.4GB free space be enough to install a 4GB game like bravely default?

The 3DS stores installed cias in the /nintendo3ds/ folder.

you can install a 4gb game but you can't copy a cia file, use a tool like socketpunch or scan a QR with FBI to download and install it simultaneously, or get a bigger SD card, seriously, 32GB is only $10 or so.

Also, if you're crunched for space look at the guide in the OP and take a look at installing A9LH, then you can get rid of the ~1gb emunand on your SD and have cfw sysnand.

So no matter what CIA file I want to install, I need as much free space on the card as the CIA I want to install, right?
If the CIA I want to install is 3.2GB, I need 3.2GB free space for the installation?

yes, but realistically a bit more because cias get unpacked for installation and end up being a little bigger.

SD card access is coming along nicely now. Think they managed to get demos and homebrew working from it, so it's gonna happen sooner rather than later seemingly.

Booting MonHunGen or Smash on my O3DS with LumaCFW Yes, A9LH is coming soon gives me a black screen, forcing a restart. I had this problem on my other console, but forgot how it was fixed. I know it's something to do with expanded memory, but that's about it.

11.1 on emu, 9.2 on Sys.

Those are reboot patches, they should be built in by default with luma.

Can't find a resource on reboot patches. What are they and what do the have t do with the game NOT loadng and me having to reboot the console manually by holding the power button?

when the O3DS loads smash or MHX, it has to restart and load the game ahead of the home menu so it can get access to more RAM, on the New 3DS it doesn't need to do this because of the extra stuff but on the O3DS that's what happens, unfortunately that can kick you out of emunand so most cfw patches that ahead of time.

thanks a lot for your answers
most of my roms are .3ds format so i will get a flashcart anyway
I use CFW mostly for dumping my PKMN savegame and editing movesets and shit

you mean playing .3ds files from CFW?

is this a good flashcart for playing 3ds roms?
I think it is the same R4i 3DS Woods thing I read earlier:
videogame.ch/Gaming-Zubehoer-Modding/Nintendo-3DS/Flashcard/NEW-Team-Revolution-R4i-Gold-3DS-RTS-fuer-alle-Firmware-V2-Revision-2014.html

No, standard DS files.

Well, that's pretty nifty, but should it be remaining on a black screen indefinitely? Would updating Luma fix this?

Buying a flashcart is a waste because you have to get an SD card anyways, just get a bigger sd card and then it's not an issue at all. That's excluding that the Sky3DS is massively picky, the Gateway only works where CFW works anyways and is a shitty CFW, and both require you to have custom headers to play online without getting banned.

the r4i3ds only works on 4.x cfw because it's a gateway clone.

I can update my emunand to 11.1 right? I will still be able to installl and use my save manager, yes?

i just want to back up my games

so the R4 cart which would be cheap will only play NDS files and the Gateway and SKY carts that would play 3ds files cost more than double and are not running nicely.

Well then I will just stick to my CFW and hope .3ds files and encrypted .3ds files will be playable one day.

Thanks anons

why do you want .3ds files so badly to begin with? 99.99% of things you want can be found as .cias already and you can convert cart only .3ds games with decrypt9 very very easily.

Nigger there's freeshop and .cias from the links in the OP. Unless you're planning on using Citra (at this point, why?), they're fucking worthless.

For NDS files, a cheap R4 would be good for the time being.

Google "convert .3ds to .cia"
.3ds are inferior in everyway, and have shitty banners that can lead to bans.

you don't even need to do that, just open decrypt9, Content Decryptor Options > NCCH/NCSD File Options > NCCH/NCSD to CIA Converter

What's this?

Back in my day, you had to do it on a computer!

GW users complained of being b& while playing online, people did some reseaarch and figured there was something wrong with "banners" that they use, and can be detected. Then they ban your NAND.

True CFW fixed this as .cia files are like they are from the eShop, whereas .3ds files are unpacked differently.

headers, not banners, user.

I'm a retard and can't differentiate between words that I use interchangably. Please don't bully me for speaking shit.

I-I was just testing you.

But really, still need help with

try updating luma and see how that works is my best guess, yeah. If you installed the A9LH branch with the No-SD cfw then that breaks them too as far as I know, but if you followed the guide then you shouldn't have installed that one.

Will do.

It broke after I updated to 11.1 and moved to a bigger SD. Must of annoyed Luma somehow.

Also for future reference, header is the beginning part of a rom with identifying info like rom type, rom id, and such. Banner is just the picture you see on the top screen when you look at it on the home menu.

Oh, I know the difference, I just typed banner because the words are interchangeable, and my brain didn't recognize it.

one last question:
I use svdt for exporting my savegames on PKMN X and AS
Will I be able to dump my Moon savegame as well? I use another 3DS for new games, going to internet and Pokemon Bank.

Will svdt be able to dump the save file or will it prompt me to update the FW before I can do it? I have emunand but I still fear updating even after splitting the NANDs

and another question:
how is this mod called?

I know it is the busty may CIA mod of ORAS but I never seen the Blue top May is wearing on this pic. I installed the CIA and it looked exactly like this:
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/Hatsune_Ranma/top_0003_zpsj9noy9ht.png

are there several versions of this mod now with this blue clothing?

Can someone tell me how Freeshop is even a thing that works? Surely Nintendo know what's been compromised and are at least tracking the IPs that download them.

svdt will be able to dump Sun/Moon's savefiles, it works on all games that save to carts. In fact, I think the only games it can't do are Zero Escape VLR and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Nintendo's download servers only check for a file called a ticket. All tickets for the one game are the same, you pay whatever it is for the EXACT same ticket file as everytone else. Freeshop installs the ticket that someone has uploaded to a site, then connects to the eShop, and Nintendo can't tell the difference. They can't even tell you're downloading through something other than eShop and on their end, everything looks legit. Technology is great.

They can't be that dumb though, can they? This is all some honeypot to put the fear into pirates. No one is that dumb.

How are they that dumb?

They assumed it was impossible to inject tickets into the console. Technically, the tickets aren't perfect, and CAN be detected, but they've not done anything with this knowledge for months, and people are figuring out ways to clean up bad tickets they ever do mess about with us.

If you don't feel safe, continue installing .cia files from the SD/network, as they don't leave tickets. Also, a bunch of fucking twats keep putting games behind adlfy links to earn 1 cent a year, instead of dumping the ticket, so there's many games the Freeshop/CIAngel don't have access to.

3ds.titlekeys.com has a list of games it does/doesn't have, in case anyone was wondering if they had a game without a dumped ticket.

Someone should add that to the OP pasta in case anons have hard to find games they've bought.

can't they see if your NNID was charged with money before buying the game? It would be hard to download games while your NNID was not charged with money a single time

You don't use your NNID with FreeShop. My emuNAND doesn't have an NNID attached, and it works fine. I'm not exactly sure how Freeshop connects. It might use an NNID that Cruel set up or the application to use for everyone, but it might just skip the check for an NNID and go straight to the download server somehow.

Such as?

3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadmissingforencryption seems pretty small. I also don't know what format it's in.

Eh… Now that I look for it, I can't find it.

There is a page on that site somewhere that has a progress bar of EUR, USA and JAP, telling you how many games are missing.

If you want an example, one from my memory is Fossil Fighters. There's a US version, but not EU or JP, despite releases over there.

Also, Federation Force isn't there for EU, things like that.

that's only the list of titles that have dectitlekeys but not enctitlekeys. There's a lot more missing titles than just those. You can go here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ to see, but I don't think it includes VC either. It's linked in the op as well:

no console info is sent when using freeshop. You can do the same thing with cdn-fx on pc (though it's kind of shit). As long as you have the enc title key you can fetch them directly.

Figured out my problem with the black screens and failed reboot patches. Anyone got a link to the old Paliect guide? I had to reinstall Luma since I last used MHG, and forgot to set the options correctly on first boot. I think there was 3 or 4 the old guide told me to tick, but I can't recall which they were.

what options do you have checked or un-checked?

I see now. So I can buy one of these and dump its ticket for people using freeshop? If that's the case, any requests for a US purchase? I'm not going to use this credit for anything else.

yes, you buy it then dump the dectitlekeys.bin/enctitlekeys.bin and you can upload it to the titlekey site for everyone. Looking at missing titles, a lot of them are pure shit but some that stand out are Chibi-Robo Zip Lash, Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Project X Zone 2, Rodea the Sky Soldier, Senran Kagura 2, Style Savvy games, Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma.

All are unchecked, as I didn't remember which ones I needed, and upon reading them, none of them sparked at me as being essential for basic game playing.

Since you're using an O3DS, you don't need to worry about the clock settings, but if you're running A9LH you need autoboot sysnand, use sysnand firm if booting with R, enable region/language emu.

If you're using emunand then just the third and probably show nand in system settings. None should affect reboot patching though.

for USA, I mean.

Rumble Blast is free off eShop, unless you mean the retail version, which has extras, but the online version doesn't have these things.
Pretty sure Lost Valley is on there, as I seem to recall it being there when I got the EU version. All those games you posted have EU releases and are offline, in fact, so it's probably best for the user to check both EU and US to find games neither has, as tht's more effective.

Humm. The FAQ page says that TWL_FIRM patch is needed for the reboot patches, but is done automatically, so this settings was my only thought.

I wish this thing was better documented.

Is there something wrong with newer versions of Luma, like a path directory changing?

no directory changing is needed if you're not using something like CTRBootmanager.

I was reading a reddit post, and someone offhandedly mentioned there being a change in the path directory for the TWL_FIRM patch.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade#optional-making-luma3ds-work-with-an-external-boot-manager

Found this, but it talks about using CTRbootmaager or other boot managers, which I don't use.

Think I should just do it?
Never had these problem with RxTools

the new dev thing uses a .cxi for TWL patching if you want to try the SD access stuff, but it's only in the dev build of luma right now. Regardless, if you can't find it take it to the gbatemp thread I suppose.

boo-hoo, rxTools relies on an old version's firm so that an update can completely break it in the future and it lacks region emulation, n3ds clocking, external .code loading, gba boot screens, auto twl and agb patching, and more. What are you going to "just do?"

it's called the Busty May mod, while people on Holla Forums call it the cow tits may mod.

It's the busty may mod from reisyukaku, reisyukaku.org/

It's a good idea but it's not great in execution, it doesn't work on the overworld, only on battles and the trainer card. Not really worth it.

I know that it's rei's busty may mod but the one I installed there was not the blue dress from the picture. She had a black top and blue short pants. I asked if there are more versions of this mod (one where she wears the blue top)

homebrew works now
don't know if that had been reported yet or not.

That isn't even the biggest issue believe it or not the english version also replaced all the orchestrated music with MIDI tracks and has a bunch of framerate issues the original version did not have. Though I've already found a CIA that restores all the music.

Reminder that they have to have bought it off the eShop, physical carts can't be used to acquire title keys, which may be a large part of why FreeShop's JP selection is so bad - cartridges are way fucking cheaper than digital.

A metric assload of JP titles. I own at least 20 or so that aren't on FreeShop.

Speaking of, is there an archive of DS Homebrew CIAs somewhere? 3diso doesn't look like it even has a section for it yet.

Wew

Speaking of DS homebrew what should I grab to play DS games on my 3DS? I wanna play the fantranslation for the second Edgeworth game but don't know what flashcarts work on the 3DS or which one is best to get.

So I have a problem with freeshop

For some reason I can't download games through it, at first I thought I couldn't download everything because I didnt downloaded the update. Updated and everything and the next thing it said was "No title key found". Lurked for a bit and found out I had to scan a qr code which I already did but now I'm getting a "Wrong title key" error.

Any way to fix this?

What QR code did you scan? Have you tried rescanning it or manually entering the URL?

The called Download encTitleKeys.bin (it's the only one with a qr scan image)

The kikes at Jewtendo can't just flip a switch and break RXTools, can they? I mean, wouldn't you have to actually download a pozzed system update for your 3DS to get fucked?

You can try entering in the URL manually 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc

I did everything and has been playing for a couple of days.
Now 3DS is asking for a new update. Is it safe?

You can also wait for another user to give you a full summary of the new update.

Progress is being made on booting DS roms from the SD card, but it's not ready yet.

If you don't want to wait, the flashcart mentioned in the OP is 15 bucks and ships in about a week if you're in the US.

I followed the Plailect 3DS guide to a T.

how do i stop it from asking me to update eery time i go to the home menu?
I thought luma did this by default but my nip n3ds is asking me to update

what the shit is even fun on here, loved the idea of fantasy life but menus and everything being really slow killed it for me

Fantasy Life is fun and comfy but way too easy. You might like Rune Factory 4.

I have some weird bug since 6.2.2 where I have to hold L regardless of my button-less emuNAND config in Luma. Even tried updating to 6.2.3 today hoping that was fixed.

I'm thinking it might be a bug in the config file save, because it freezes and I have to do a hard reboot (again, I have to hold L to boot emuNAND).

update to a9lh.

played that too, liked it but nothing else on the handheld that I can think of

For action RPGs those are the big ones. Doesn't help that FreeShop's selection is pretty shitty since the only way to add title keys is from digital purchases rather than physical, so a lot of stuff isn't on there yet.

what? you can have it download a title key list and have everything on there I thought

Not quite. Basically, the titlekey list lets you download games that are on said titlekey list, so only games that someone else has already bought legit off the eShop, then submitted to the site. This is why shit like Bravely Second isn't on there - no one bought it digital because physical copies dropped to about 2000 or so by August 2015, and I saw a new copy going for around 1000 at Joshin last month.

Is this the official Fire Emblem "When will they fix Amie" Fates/If thread?

What is there to fix? Does If not work right or something?

I downloaded the fan patched NA version of the special edition. Their initial thread post claims they might not be able to do it at all.

Ah, there's your problem. The JP version should be up on FreeShop, so just grab that.

But, I don't speak Japanese. And I'm pretty sure the translation job is shit.

You're going to need to learn sooner or later, and the translation being shit is exactly why you might as well just play it in Japanese - you could literally make up your own dialogue and it'd be closer to the source material than what NoA puts out.

Any thing special I need to do updating my 3DS, using Luma with A9HL. From what I see it seems fine to update as is

Anyone have Fire Emblem If… with the DLC and the latest fan translation?

Check 3diso

Did, only found the shitty US/Eu version.

Hey lads, trying to get a9hl on my n3dxl thats running 11.0, have been following the guide in the op github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade and I seem to be stuck on part V. I understand that ctr-httpwn will allow me to do a system transfer on firmware that isn't 11.1, but I can't get into homebrew on 3DS #2 to boot it. 3DS #1 if all ready to go with the hacked save and everything, i'm just kinda stuck here. Anyone have a solution? Am I being retarded?

Then you don't have NTR, and 11.1 is safe to update to on emuNAND/RedNAND/A9LH.

You don't, really. Not even turning off internet access works, as it downloads the update in the background and waits until you press the button to download it. I guess you could use TubeHax, but I'm not sure if that has been updated to work past 10.3, and on top of that, I don't think tht stops it if you've already got the update downloaded.

If you want, just go to HBL from the emuNAND (Like, open HBL as a .cia file from emuNAND, not MenuHax/whatever) and make an emuNAND.bin backup with EmuNAND9Tool. If you ever update to 11.1 accidentally, you can restore to the .bin file, which puts you back to 11.0, and you won't lose saves/games/whatever, just the firmware.

Bravely Second is on there. EU is, at least, not sure about US. Same for Default Layer. I think the EU version has a less shitty translation, too.

nevermind fixed it

I'm talking about the original, not the foreignizations.

does this page assume you have sysnand/emunand versions 2.1.0 or that you don't have them? I don't know what a ctr is

also will this fuck with my game save data in any way?

It assumes you've followed part one of the guide and have decrypt9 running. The 2.1 downgrade is part of part 2.

No. If you already have an emunand setup, part 3 of the guide links you to a page with instructions for how to copy that over to your new al9h sysnand. If you don't, the guide just has you restore your old sysnand. Either way you keep your saves.

Updated LumaHax to the newest version, and now when I boot with MenuHax it instantly boots to EmuNAND without showing me HBL. I can enter the settings of Luma, nothing is ticked.

Should I uninstall Luma then boot MenuHax once, then once again reinstall Luma?
Ptherwise, just going to use RxTools for a couple days until I have the time to A9LH.

Anyone else had problems installing Spirit of Justice? I found there's an undub but the only way I could install SoJ was through eshop repair method and since there's a new update I can't access eshop anymore.

Is there another way to fix this? I don't want the english dub in my PW game.

You can just update through the eShop, unless your NNID is fucked, in which case you should be fixing that.

Are you installing from FreeShop or a manually downloaded cia?

manually downloaded a cia

As far as I know I can't access because of the update, and since I use NTR.

Haven't heard of that before. Install Freeshop. Super easy to do, it's in the OP. Install the latest version, open, go to the settings tab and click the little box with 3 black boxes in it, then scan the QR code from here 3ds.titlekeys.com (QR is found by clicking the green box with a similar icon under the enctitlekeys option.)

After that, go to the gamepad icon in freeshop, find the game (SoJ) then hit update. DLC is also there.

Once youve got the update, you can access the eshop to fix. Even better, install it from Freeshop instead of the cia file, to see if that helps.

Upon writing this out, I figured your problem out. You're using NTR, which only works on 11.0, but to access eshop, you need latest, which is 11.1. Still, Freeshop is the way to go.

For me, the DLC won't download properly from freeshop nor the ingame shop. I could only get the costumes but not the extra episodes

freeshop doesnt even have undubs to begin with…

That happened to me too, not sure why I didnt recall that. Downloading the themes from Freeshop also breaks the thing. It says importing, gets to 3 or 4%, then freezes.

Oh, these are editted cias, not hacked patches.

Install through cia, update through freeshop, the repair through eshop. As I said, if youre on NTR, you wont be on 11.1, as that breaks NTR right now, but eshop requires 11.1.

Maybe redownload the file? Might of been corrupted. Better yet, find a copy of the cia from another site/link

How do you update through freeshop?

to update titlekeys go into settings and hit refresh cache. Freeshop checks for updates for itself and gets the latest titlekeys every time you open it.

fuck

so im installing a9lh and I'm on the luma set up screen, but I can't hit start to save because my start button is broken

what do

Uhhh. You might be boned m8. I don't think there is a way to change that. You could open an issue on Luma's github seeing if they can help you.

I thought you were implying I can update the game through freeshop…

that wasn't me, but yes, you can install updates through freeshop granted they're available. Open your game list in freeshop, scroll to your game and tap the update button.

Pretty sure Gyakuten Saiban 6 is on FreeShop as well, that's probably your best bet, especially considering how notoriously bad GS foreignizations can get.

you might be able to import a config .bin

So… does freeShop the whole eShop selection? How does that work?
And where's DQVII on that?

Freeshop works like this:

See Not every eShop game is on there, only ones people have bought on eShop and submitted the tickets for.

It's not on there, but someone uploaded both 7 and 8 to the Volafile:

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Ok, I downloaded the most recent freeshop and even updated through the QR scan and I'm still getting the title keys wrong error.

What am I doing wrong?

Now I understand how that works. Thanks!

Now I just need to be 100% sure because I'm too cautious for my own good.

I've already got emunand set up nicely, and I want to make the switch to a9lh. Will I be able to move over my emunand contents to the new sysnand without any risk of losing all my shit?

yes, you'll move your emunand over to your sysnand and all your installed games and saves and all will be retained.

Alright, thanks. I know the OP guide tells you this already but I just had to hear it from someone else. If I ever lose my swapnote letters I'll die.

if you're really worried you can make a backup with JK's Save Manager (I don't know how swapnote works but it probably backs up fine with that).

Hm, yeah it works fine with backing up swapnote, but the latest ace attorney game doesn't show up as an option to back up from.

I'm just waiting for Dragon Quest VII's european release to see if they ruined the French translation as much as the English one, considering the French translation team worked rather decently to correct both FE Fates and Bravely Second's translation bullshits.

These are the Japanese versions.

hit the refresh button in the menu on load, it doesn't automatically refresh itself.

The reason freeshop works is because it's using nintendo's cdn and not some shitty warez forum.

I know about that, and I won't complain.

Hmmm I keep getting error codes whenever I try to download the DLC case and Apollo's non-canon episode for Spirit of Justice. I can download Phoenix's ep and the costumes just fine. If you must know I downloaded the game from Freeshop.

There we go, got it. Thanks.

How. There aren't even 155 themes worth using. I have like 6.

nothing to fucking play

Quick question. Is there a way to download or send CIA files from my computer to my 3DS without actually plugging my SD card into my computer?

My computer started reading my SD card as corrupt because I had to convert it to FAT32, so I think I'm fucked in that regard.

I really just want to get some new gba games, man.

Should I get rid of the tubehax DNS on 9.2 before even attempting to launch decrypt9 to downgrade to 2.1.0?

Also check the ExtData at times, since I know Monster Hunter Cross uses it for save data instead of the traditional save location on the cart.

Thank goodness.

On the New 3DS you can use the microSD file management option in System Settings.

Oh shit, thanks.

Friend's done downgrading a 2DS he has, and he wants to downgrade his n3DS on 11.0. After he's done, how does he put his n3DS NNID back on it since it gets overwritten by the o3DS's NNID? Does he just system format the motherfucker to get rid of the o3DS's NNID and login with his?

I just downloaded the 4 theme packs from freeShop

how?

I dunno they were just there?

It's on 3dsiso you just have to look harder.

Don't bother, cia themes blow compared to chmm.

Yes but the o3ds nnid can't go back so you should make a throwaway one for fieldrunners.

Can I get some help?

Basically, I've had 3DS unused for a good year, bought a used one on 4.5 Firmware that came with Gateway and that's what I used to play a couple of stuff on it before kinda forgetting about it.

I know it was CFWs now and shit and I assume Gateway is irrelevant now so, where do I start now? And more importantly, how do I preserve my Gateway saves (if that's even possible)?

You'll have to dump your gateway saves, how to go about that I don't exactly know but you can look it up. You can follow the guide directly from your version, I believe.

So let's say that you format the o3ds so you can put a throwaway account on it and use that to buy fieldrunners. After the transfer you can just format the n3ds and log in with the n3ds's normal NNID and login with the o3ds's normal NNID and it everything will work as it did before?
I'm guessing that will work because on Nintendo's servers the accounts would still be linked to their respective systems, is this correct?

Yeah, that's how it should work but I've never tried it so I don't know for sure. You can't transfer nnid back from n3ds to o3ds though.

Yeah, hence the throwaway account.

I can't find anything about dumping Gateway saves on google, care to help me out? I just want to preserve my SMT4, Soul Hackers and Bravely Default saves.

Presumably set it as your cart game and then make the backup with jks save manager. If they're cia games it shouldn't be a problem, it just gets funky when stuff goes on the red card. After you set up a9lh with the guide you can get a gateway payload so it's not a big deal but you'll probably be using Luma more for its features and because gateway is just way less safe than Luma.

>Go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS

Is it common for this to freeze the 3DS? I've been trying a couple of times without success.

No thats not supposed to happen. Isnt there a trouble shooting for that issue in the guide?

There is.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_browser

Doesn't really fix anything. I'm gonna check the files on my SD card, maybe I forgot something?

Yeah it's on the red card.
Thanks for the tip, will try using that Save manager thing then.

And yeah I want some CFW with cheats and stuff.

I guess i was being retarded. I had copied arm11.bin and arm9.bin to the a9lh folder instead of the root of the SD card.

Ah. Yea, luckily a9lh is very easy to install, and most problems are just user error.

Is the latest update safe to update to?

of course
homebrew is still accessible
the only reason to hold back is if you use ntr

best rpgs on 3ds?

The Sekaiju no MeiQ games, Rune Factory 4, Fantasy Life Link, Lost Heroes 1 and 2, the remakes for DQs 7 8 and Monsters 1 and 2, probably Joker 3 as well, and I'm sure more that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

Bravely default

Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers.

ok which one of you niggers did this

Is there a Dragon Quest 7 cia floating around?

It's up on the Volafile right now: volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Danke, between this and SMT I think my 3ds will be good for a while.

Are those US/English versions?

Here's a US version with the Japanese orchestral soundtrack instead of the shitty US midi one. Too bad about the localization, though.
mega:///#!HxYCXCZQ!9wNazELkf24DIQQtpsBd3rBA7HdmcOrnlH9NEqw8R_g

lol

Alright, so I'm pretty much done installing a9lh and recovering what I had on emunand. Thing is that I don't really have a backup of the health and safety app. It already has FBI injected into it and I just installed the FBI CIA, but will I just never be able to restore it?

I used rxtools (before switching to luma) a couple of months ago to inject FBI into health and safety and I believe it didn't make any backups of it as far as I know.

Thinking about getting a sky3ds+ but all of the resellers are shady as fuck. Can anyone give me a website that isn't going to rip me off?

Pic unrelated

According to no, they're the real versions, so you can download them safely.

I got mine from r4flashcart and it worked fine.

Although why get a flashcart when you can hack your shit for free?

Wait what? I'm a big retard so please spoonfeed me.

Literally the first link in the first post.

haw haw.

Where do I copy this link? I am not familiar with Mega.

In your browsers address bar, dude.

Thanks

Also nice hitler dubs

It just searches it.

Importing it with Megasync also doesn't work.

Are you fucking retarded m80? mega.nz/

I'm pretty sure he is.

Every browser I have defaults to searching from the address bar. And I wasn't told to add anything to it, he just said copy it to the address bar. Either way, got it downloading, thanks for that.

Why doesn't your browser default to something like startpage? You are using an open source browser, aren't you? Aren't you?

Hype for Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack.

I had the same problem and other user told me there's nothing particularly bad with having the H6S injected with FBI, I just let it as it is.

Try getting the .cia and install it with FBI.

Gunvolt Striker Pack is on the Volafile as well:

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Any in particular you'd recommend? can they sync bookmarks to my phone?

Shit, someone got a US copy? That was quick. Wish I knew stores that broke the street date.

Pale Moon, no clue.

IT WAS LEAKED!?
Holy shit. Is the US version or something? It is at least on english? Minus the shit dub?

I'm going to assume it's the actual game, since that came out last month, but maybe it's a leak?

Yatchclub page says the release date is october 4. yachtclubgames.com/2016/07/azure-striker-gunvolt-striker-pack/
Either someone dumped the .cia from a cartridge or is some other version.

Accessing system settings fuck things up?

That's the foreign version, like I said, the game itself came out last month on the 25th.

So the .cia is the jap version?

Presumably, considering that's the only one that's actually out.

So I must be doing something retarded, I'm one a new3ds, just followed the guide and switched over from reinand to luma AL9H, everything is working fine EXCEPT for NTR. downloaded the preview 2 but its saying unsupported home menu version, anyone have any idea what the deal is?

That's a shame.

If you're on the latest version then NTR is broken by now and it probably won't get fixed because the developer is a fag.

WEW homebrew/hack devs are such fucking drama queens

NTR is updated for 11.1 faggots.

github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4

Well, I didn't know. I don't use NTR to begging with, but is nice knowing that it can work.

Faggot won't even release the source in order to make it better.

NINJAHAX HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR 11.0 AND 11.1. HOPE YOU HAVE A QR CODE SCANNING FETISH.

wew

Did someone else recreate NTR since that moralfag quit work on it? Seems like it is a new dev "Astronautlevel" instead of the Chinese faggot who cant take a suicide joke.

Smegma is a fag, as always.

I'm guessing Astronaut level only works on the NTRboot .cia, not NTR itself.

Anyone got some 3DS recomendation lists?
All I've seen are very outdated.

Would be, but CFW breaks the region lock anyway, so even if you accidentally got an NA/EU 3DS you're good to go as long as it's not one of those games that autosets based on language, like Kirby Robobo Planet or Zelda Musou Hyrule All Stars

So I won't have any problems with NTRviewer if I install this?

It's not a huge deal, you can defragment your nand if you start getting errors with d9 or otherwise during the guide, but if you don't get anything from there then you should be okay.

NTR won't see any development, but current devs can keep it going for as long as they need to by updating the bootntr.cia it would seem.

this is correct.

you should be fine.

I mean it's a shame because I don't understand runes.

Ah, not quite there yet? Don't worry user, just never give up, despite what the Reddit shitposters will claim, you CAN learn Japanese.

日本語は別に難しくないだろう。頑張ればすぐ読めるようになるはずです。

Pretty much - it's another thing entirely if you want to do business or shit in the language, but for most video games it's not as hard as people make it sound to learn to read.

I'm on a9lh and I have Luma3DS updater working. It was working just fine until 6.2.2 update. Now I have to hold L to boot CFW regardless of my Luma config settings…

If you're using sysnand make sure you have autoboot sysnand checked, if not then it'll try to autoboot to emunand.

Ahhh I bet that's it. I remember one of the last steps of installing a9lh doing something to merge the NANDs or something. IIRC I have reNAND?

thanks, user!

yeah that was it, you're my hero

polite sage

Simple reminder to those who still check the 3ds volafile - All the recent releases dropped there are Japanese ones.

Thank goodness, I've been meaning to try out the DQ games in particular. Any recommendations on which to start with?

You can start from the very first game and go up from here.

Play III instead. I & II are pretty generic "you're the hero go save the world" stuff. They aren't bad games, but they're not good examples of why people like the series.

SMT IV: apocalips is supposed to come out today right? what's different between it and the other smt 4?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV:_Apocalypse

Its actually good, has a satisfying endings and decent characters/story flow.

Completely different game/direct sequal. although it uses largely the same assets

I played like 30 seconds of the first before dropping it, oh wel

Speaking of Apocalypse, its out right, has the dlc been dumped anywhere?

Anyone have Kneka Bancho 6?

this is kinda OT but I recently got the webbrowser exploit working on my 5.5.1 wiiu working and I thought I should ask what to do now. Will there be ISOs beeing loadable from external harddrives or do I need a 128Gb SD card?

There's very little you need to know from the first game to play the second, I hated the first one and loved apoc spoilers to follow for the information you thats semi-required for Apocalypse.

30 years ago YHVH was like, fuck you world your done and set nukes off fucking everywhere, the main character of 4, Flynn is a reincarnation of the man who an hero'd to make a massive barrier appear around tokyo to save it

The Weebland kingdom of mikado sprung up on top of the barrier through means described in Apoc again anyway, Angles rule this shit and don't really give a fuck about the people there. Time moves super fast up there so its been like 1500 years in the time 30 years passed in tokyo

Tokyo can't see the sun because of the barrier

your party members, jonathon and walter, an hero to summon the angel boss and lucifer respectivly

Flynn takes a break from saving the world to turn some random camera chick into queen of the fairies

Flynn decides to not join angel of demon faction and starts rallying the people of tokyo to beat the shit out of both, this is where Apoc starts

Flynn is a complete fucking loser of a main protagonist and deserves everything he gets

Anything else is explained properly in Apoc.

Apart from that make sure to side with Dagba whenever he chimes in about something to avoid the friendship is magic shitty ending to Apoc and get the less edgy than you'd expect Conviction ending.

Fucking brain, remove the you for that sentence to make sense

Wouldn't have known if you didn't point it out.

Congrats user, now we're all laughing at you

ah alright, ill try apoc then

Can anyone help me out? Is there anywhere I can go that check 3ds Serial numbers or something? I'm scared of picking up a new 3ds that has firmware 11 installed by default.

I bought a Fire Emblem Fats N3DS from amazon and it turns out the console was not a US one but a Malaysia one. I did some research and I found out that the Malaysia/Singapore/Saudi N3DS can play NA games, but I don't want to open the box to find out. Also I'm spooked using it for homebrew because I have no clue what category it fall under for hax.

TLDR: Bought N3DS, got Malaysian Lies and want to make sure my next N3DS purchase isn't pre-installed with firmware 11.

Me again, just found out that my N3DS does come with 11 pre-installed. if

3ds-flashcard.com/blog/r4-card-or-homebrew-cant-work-on-these-new-3dsxl2ds-consoles/

is to be believed, all Fates N3DS's with serial beginning in QS4003 ship with 11. FML…

pomd

How do I into 3D lewds? I assume it exists outside of DGW666's stuff.

Updated like a good goy after doing all safety checks. Homebrew and everything works fine except eDouk32 doesn't seem to be working. Any workaround?

It does not, but if you're autistic enough, you can make your own.

How'd I do

you can scan 15 QR codes

Will it work? Is there a way to downgrade from 11 to 9.2 without another 3DS with CFW or hardmod?

Also, my serial is QS4003 - U.A.E/Malaysia/Singapore version. I've read it plays NA titles, bit idk… will it work?

Return it and demand a US console, you do not want to fuck with region shit more than you have to.

Say, I buy a JPN 3DS and I do the whole A9LH process, I'm not able to change the 3DS version to US? As in if I download a US .cia and flash it while downgrading?

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade
>You MUST downgrade with the correct pack for your console/region or you will BRICK.

there's region changing bullshit you can do but it only works half-right and screws with your nand and it's just a mess.

Nah, you'd want a JP console in that case, since some games autodetect region of the machine, like Kirby and Zelda.

add a locales folder to luma and you can force it to play whatever region you want

Can you now? Good to hear, I'll pass that on to my friends with NA/EU machines.

I tried to do that stuff to get federation force running on my Japanese N3DS and I couldn't get it working. I even used the app that does it for you to no avail.

Yeah I got it off Amazon. I was hoping to get some clarity… but at least returns are a breeze.

Just because it says malaysia the actual firmware is just the american one. Boot it up and look at the firmware it should tell you the region.

Will save editing in those super mushrooms in mh4u allow me to craft the Mario gear?

are there any torrents with .cia dumps? All the compilations I can find are all in .3ds, and I don't want to spend days downloading shit one by one or packs of 5-10 with a ton of games I don't want, at least with torrents I can disable each file manually

You can convert .3ds to .cia

I can find the fan translation, I can find the DLC, but I can't find the special edition I need to actually apply either.

nyaa has one for undubbed games

I get that, but after doing the process, can't you just "change" the region? Isit even possible to have an EmuNAND with a region different from your Console region?

I have yet to see a a custom theme as good as an official one. Still, Isaw somewhere that you can have official ones with chmm.

Where does emunand9 dump my rednand backup in the file structure again?

yes

you can have anything with chmm; custom, official, whatever you put in the themes folder.

If i buy a 2ds from the USA (because it's cheaper) instead of getting a PAL console, would i be able to region unlock it so it plays legitimately bought PAL games?
Could I also register as a non-American in the NNID?

If you have CFW you can play every regions games

got the free shop now running.

What games should I get? downloading Stella Glow right now

How's that Fire Emblem Fates fan translation going?

The story is complete garbage, just play it in ching chong and you'll come out having a better experience with it.

Nah.

Well stella glow is really shitty. Lets see how monster hunter is.

How can you even play .3ds files without owning Gateway?

Story might be shit, but the music and gameplay was pretty good.

Citra.

Is there a homebrew program that allows me to take screenshots of either or both screens while playing a game? Or is that something only certain CFW can accomplish?

Can anyone help I'm on the final step of the plailect guide but when I try to turn on my 3ds with the SD card in i'm left with a blank screen but when I remove the SD Card the 3ds simply won't power up. Is there a step I've missed?

Sounds like a brick

Have you tried booting with start or select.

Nevermind fixed it. Just had too reinstall the FBI app

Is there an updated guide for installing CFW on a nip N3DS? I remember having to delete a certain file or else you brick. I can't find it.

Kind of a dumb question but how can I update to the latest firmware while on CFW? I'm not really sure if I just have to update through the settings menu or some alternate means.

make a backup first, then just update through system settings like a normal 3ds

The games themselves are a flat downgrade of the originals, and if you factor in the English localization you've gone full retard.

I understand DQ8, but how is DQ7 a downgrade?

So I'll retain the CFW?

just MAKE SURE you are in the emunand before updating, and it wouldnt hurt to check if you emunand works on that version before hand

I dont know how people can stand the dragon quest character art… it just looks so awful

Also I wasn't asking you so why the fuck are you even replying?

You can just update through system settings if you're on al9h. If you have emunand, make sure you're in emunand's system settings and not sysnand's when you update.

was making a comment on the series, not necessarily replying to you nigger

Sorry for asking but how do you switch between sys and emunand?

I just installed CFW on my Nip N3DS using the guide in the OP.
I don't recall any steps that were specific to JAP N3DSs and it works just fine.

I finally got homebrew launcher on but I'm getting a fucking "too many titles" error when trying to downgrade

when you load your cfw it should autoload emunand. If you haven't figured that out by now you're probably retarded.

doublecheck your updates folder, try redownloading and replacing the pack.

I tried a different download. Thanks for the advice. I've done this for O3DS but it was so long ago and I'm really nervous about N3DS for some reason.

And how are they downgrades besides graphically?

what cfw did you install?

this shit is annoyingly complicated since there seems to be 50 different guides depending on a shitload of different factors. I'm on 10.2, got the browser hack going, but I'm not really sure where to go from here, I installed menuhax and it runs fine, but I have no idea what to do next. Several guides want me to install even more shit, and custom firmware, and downgrade and god knows what. I don't want to fuck up my 3DS because these guides are shitty, I've had no issues putting custom roms on my phones and routers before, yet this shit is convoluted as hell.

At what point can I just pirate some fucking games, this is insanity.

Looks like someone got triggered

Get a load of this guy

Read the op, you don't need any other guide.

The extra steps are basically future-proofing your machine so that nothing Nintendo does can ever fuck you up again, and just generally making the system more stable. If you follow github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki to the letter you should be fine.

the problem here is this isn't really a guide, it's just a list of shit to install, but doesn't actually handhold you on how to do that so you don't fuck up, and it doesn't tell you exactly how to do anything if you've never done it before. I'm not tech illiterate, but I've never modified a 3DS before and don't know what hazards to avoid, this guide is terrible because of that.

What? It tells you every single step, down to the buttons to press to back out of a menu. Are you actually reading the guide? It starts on the part 1 page.

It literally tells you step by step what to do. The first page is just the intro. The main things you need to do are:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

These are all located on the right side of that first page, along with other resources

that's a lie, user
this guide tell's you exactly what to do, where to put the downloaded stuff, and which options to choose in the apps.

user have you never hacked a console before this shit is painfully easy. I mean on older stuff you had to sodder a chip to your consoles mother board with like 40 wires. Even on the wii you had to figure out which fucking ios you wanted what mods installed for whichever function. The guide tells you exactly where to put files and what to do in each application if you can't figure this out just give up. Also installing custom roms on your phone is simple because it's a feature of your phone it's supposed to be able to do that. I don't know if you know this but Nintendo does not want you to pirate games on your 3DS so you have hack around and find roundabout ways to get modify your stuff to get Nintendo's protections out of the way.

a9lh is gross

ok so it's just github having very shitty formatting, because this is just terrible presentation, sorry

I've never hacked a console ever since the last one I even owned was a genesis, I've only modded phones, pcs, and routers, I'm not used to tech being this annoying to mod.

you're gross, peasant.

What about this formatting is shitty?

not that, when you open the link it isn't obvious what you're supposed to do, I prefer flat guides to ones with a bunch of links in a sidebar, you're less likely to fuckup that way

user, i think you are retarded.

You must be retarded. A child can do this with no problems.

You too.

I think you quoted the wrong user

I did. Guess this guys retardation wore off on me as I was trying to quote him.

way too much effort for very little gain, only reason people bother is because everyone tells them to

you might have had a point with the old guide, but not anymore. This shit is effortless.

I once saw an user throw a hissy fit about installing Gba VC .cia's because they needed to be installed onto his sysnand. Not having to deal with such hassles is plenty reason

Fuck. Following the guide, O3DS downgraded to 2.1.0 smoothly, got up to Section 3.3 (Configuring Luma3DS) and the O3DS won't boot. Light turns on, turns right off. Following the troubleshooting suggestions (remove SD card, try recovery mode) doesn't do anything. Am I bricked?

I doubt it's a brick. Look back and see if you messed up any of the steps or missed a detailed

Did as you suggested. Looks like PEBKAC after all. Sorry about that, I suck cocks.

Thats another good thing about a9lh is that most things that go wrong are simply fixable due to it being simple human error. Just a simple file out of place or the like. I
nstead of your nand being fragmented from installing too much DSI and GBA injects like you would have to with emunand.

no problem, user
when I went through the process I misnamed my hourglass9 payload and thought I bricked too.

Don't forget that moving to another moving to a new SD card is easier since you don't have to worry about your emunand partition.

Also, I remember some user saying games run better on sysnand than emunand.

mind telling us what you messed up?

Placed arm9loaderhax.bin in the wrong directory. It's working fine now, restoring my EmuNAND through Hourglass9 using the Move RedNAND instructions.

Two questions: Does luma3ds have a native screenshot feature? Like if you're running a game through HANS and press Home, you'd take screenshots.

Is it normal for DS games (legit copies) to just freeze the system when you turn the console off? I mean, the games run fine and there are no hiccups. But when you are done playing and press the power button and touch "turn off", the screen goes black and the system freezes and doesn't turn off unless you hold the power button down.

Fuck, forgot to state that I run on a9lh luma3ds.

no screenshot feature. You can get that with NTR but not with luma. I've had that issue with the power button, I don't know what it is really.

Ok, finally got some time to do all this shit.
Wish me luck, hopefully I'll be able to abandon Gateway now.

Important note: There's a way to backup saves on Gateway, but I don't know what it is. However you need to do that first if you want them because they "secure" them against export to another system.

Yeah I already did that.

so how can you tell when NTR is running?

Just check if your wife is getting fucked by a black guy.

All good then, best of luck!

Also note, if you don't have anything better, feel free to use the blue card for DS games.

I have a DSi with SC DSTWO for that, DS games look like complete fucking ass on 3DS and not just because of fucked up scaling, but because 3DS screen is washed out and has way shittier color palette in DS Mode.

So my american N3DSXL died on me but I have a japanese N3DS that I had from before shit was hacked so I could play japanese shit. Is there anyway to turn my japanese N3DS into an american N3DS.

Colors aside, you do realize you can disable that right?

I do, but it's not acceptable either because that just gives you microscopic image. And 3DS XL are flat out dogshit with some of the worst PPI I've ever seen, and since regular 3DS already has shit PPI, going for XL which has even worse PPI is just asking for jaggytown.
For fucks sake, PSP games on Vita have less jaggies than 3DS games on 3DS XL simply because Vita has much better PPI.

Currently at restoring from NANDmin.bin part of the setup, man I wish this was going faster.

What?

How about you learn to read the conversation tree and turn off the blurry as shit rescaler?

r4i comes with no such option. Also doesn't look blurry to me

What 240p isn't high enough resolution for you? Man the 3DS has a shit screen it was worth it though everyone always constantly uses that 3D option.

It's a fucking stock 3DS function that requires specific button combination, forgot what it was though.

I'm not even talking about resolution though, PPI is not resolution.

Well I stuck my flash cart into my DSi and I see what you mean. The worse quality isn't too noticeable from afar but it's something I'll notice more often now.

For PPI don't you just multiply the dimensions of the resolution then divide by the area of the screen? Unless 3DS isn't running at it's screen native resolution.

Image is just a lot sharper and has better colors on DSi.

PPI = Pixels Per Inch
The more pixels, the better image. 3DS has fuck-all amount of pixels on its shitty screen which is why the rescaling looks like ass, for starters.

Yeah I know isn't it calculated the way I said in my post?

Then it's a shame my DSi no longer has functioning shoulder buttons

Was anyone making knock-off DS lites at any time? I bought a brand new DS lite recently for ~100$ off ebay and the plastic just feels real cheap. It works perfectly fine though and came in a box and everything looked right.

It is, but basically it all boils down to how many pixels the matrix on your display has. The more the better. 3DS has fuck all.

put your mouth over the the buttons and blow as hard as you can

I don't know if you're trying to make me look like a fool but I'll try it

Hey, even if it doesn't work, at least you won't be able to see us laughing at you

What a lung work out

It blows a little bit of dust off, but the main thing is it temporarily helps the contacts. Blow real hard, then mash the fuck out of it so it works some of the corrosion off.

Won't work permanently, but nothing but taking the button off really will.

What is up with Shoulder buttons on portables I've lost a PSP, a Vita, DS Lite, and now a N3DS to that shit.

My greatest fear when purchasing my n3ds was that the shoulder buttons would fail. I bought it new hoping that would help it last longer

Ok, got everything set up on first try.

Neat, now to go sleep and tomorrow I'll get to vidya.

Also, what are the odds of finding someone gullible enough to buy my (now useless) Gateway?

Online, likely
Offline, who knows? I started using street pass to see how many 3ds users are at my uni and I can't say I've seen a lot. I think I've even been getting blocked since my Mii's greeting is "Trump 2016"

Online obviously, anyhow my question was more of a "do people still buy Gateways?" kind of deal.
Based on your reponse it seems they still do, not that I blame them considering what a clusterfuck this CFW installation was.
Gateway definitely was a lot easier to set up.

I live in Toronto and take the subway to work maybe I should switch mine to "All Lives Matter".

If they know anything about the 3ds scene they would avoid it like the plague, but then again there are fucking retards in this very thread who still refuse to upgrade to a9lh so anything can happen.

On a side note, I didn't even need to do the fixing for DS/DSi carts step since it seems they're working fine (even tho I don't plan to ever use DS carts on 3DS).

Now to install NTR and I'm set.

Yeah but laziness is a whole different thing when it comes to spending money especially with piracy.

Or just blue if you really want to get them angry

Why is everyone still using NTR when Luma gives you region free on it's own? Does NTR do something different now?

Whoa I don't wanna get arrested.

From what I read, NTR supports cheats and screenshots, both of those features are desireable to me.

NTR allows you to stream or some gay shit like that. I dont see the use for it and the dev is a chinese (((moralfag))) who refuses to release the source code and cant take a suicide joke.

It's in the instructions, many people just blindly follow it. Unless he plans on streaming.

Also they'll never find you. Just make your mii black or something

Same here, I used to get a full pack of Miis on my morning commute, but now i'm lucky if I get one.

what line do you usually take? why the fuck hasn't the east-westbound line gotten those swanky new trains?

So I launched NTR but I don't see anything different about the home menu.

Is there some documentation for NTR on how to access its features such as screenshots and cheats?

I t was just a joke Canada isn't that fucked yet. I constantly ask my friend though who is a campus cop if shit is fucked yet. He said all the crazy rules the government is adding are actually really hard to convict people for still. He said something about them having to prove what you were you thinking when you did whatever your in trouble for.

They get them every once in a while recently since the news freaked out about the super hot train cars. It's mostly just because the poorer people take bloor line. Yonge/University line is all professionals who work downtown they get the fancy shit.

Anyone have links to the leaked 3DS SDK with Moflex tools?

At least the street cars take Presto cards now. Not that it's any cheaper.

All of Sherbourne station including the bus all take presto cards as well it's really fucking cool. Cannot wait for all that shit to be standard everywhere as it stands now though I can only use the card going home on my normal commute so the card is just pointless for me.

Really hoping this doesn't turn into Little Brother on us.

I guess it could but I'm pretty sure if you really care you can just fill it with disposable visa cards or maybe even cash at the machines in the stations. I'm not sure about the machines since I have yet to get one though.

Hilariously, my laptop's SD card slot needs that sometimes or it thinks the SD card inserted has write protect on.

There's region switching but you may as well just use Luma3DS and enjoy region-free. Also if it's not set up with A9LH do that.

What for? Why not use the homebrew compilers instead?

Would any of you happen to have a MGSV custom theme that had Quiet's theme as the bgm? I had it on my old laptop but it's borked.

10/10

I thought that was JoJo at first from the poses

cute

Thread is about to die

I'll get a new one up.

There is a moflex converter? Can you spoonfeed?

It's up on the Volafile