Neverwinter Nights Thread

Any Anons still play this old gem?

Looking for a good module better than the main campaign..

Which is your favourite and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

athasreborn.com/prc/manual/
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/prc-character-creator-18-linux-and-mac-compatible
prc.athasreborn.com/
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortiums-prc-pack-v35
nwnlist.com/
social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html
nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Windows
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/why_is_my_characters_skin_silver
radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/videos_and_cutscenes
mirror.aleturo.com/Games/NWN/
social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-General-Discussion-Forum-No-Spoilers-Allowed/UNOFFICIAL-links-to-redownload-previously-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html
neverwinternights.info/index.htm
neverwinternights.info/p170.htm
neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm
nwnlist.com/#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry?

Okay user, give me your opinion then.

Decent game, gets better with the expansions. Aribeth best girl.

I play nwn2 atlest 3 times a year, nwn1 is on hold until I find some good open-world/leveling modules to run through

do you the giant prc pack? its amazing

Well in all honesty I was wondering what 7a5365 thought was a good game by comparison because I'd like to play it seeing as I'm in that bored/amused mood.

Well I remember completing them all, but I suppose in retrospect I should really go through HotU again seeing as how I cheated to beat the game.

That said I really want a fresh experience, but also would like to play a module that isn't edgy as fuck.

A dance with rogues was good, but I really have played it to death. Wouldn't mind something more open world like tortured hearts 2 (which was actually TOO open world IMO).

Ahh, nwn 2 :')

Unfortunately I doubt that that game would run on my current rig..

PRC? What's that?

only the best thing ever

everything it adds: athasreborn.com/prc/manual/

character creator,you need this to use the new stuff: neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/prc-character-creator-18-linux-and-mac-compatible

read the top comment to set it up
site/more info: prc.athasreborn.com/

download: neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortiums-prc-pack-v35

Can you stop typing like a fucktard?

The Prophet series is the best nwn module series and one of the best stories of all time. The only story where "time travelling" was actually logical.

Also, the campaign of nwn1 was pure shit, first expansion was just shit, second expansion was decent.

way back,there was this user who ran a pretty nice custom dungeon crawling pw for us for a good while. You could be a lich and everything. Sadly he never came back after it died down

That's a LOT of stuff in there user.. Pretty impressive BUT I am afraid I am quick to be sceptical..

I'm installing some of the shit for it now, but tbh I'm not sure if the payoff will be worth it seeing as I don't know if it will be compatible with anything x)

Looks cool though, just sceptical how it works..

I was looking at that a little earlier.. Seems cool, does it have a nice story arch though? Because if the prologue doesn't hook me then I probably won't stay on.

That sounds really cool! I do actually really miss the multiplayer of this game.. Looking back there was plenty of good times to be had

the prc gets put into other modules through an installer

as far as i know, you can attach the prc to a module in the prc installer it comes with, it shouldn't break anything crazy, I've never really checked the balance, but you don't really start off with anything op and still need to work your way up

there's also prc-options menu that lets you set and change tons of flags/settings, like making certain spells pnp style or adding race templates etc

there’s a ton of customization,the info on the flags is either in a text file somewhere or on the forums

the biggest problem,graphics/animation aside,is you'll never find another rpg with as many race/class/spell options outside of a few roguelikes/muds

I guess if you're talking about modules and certain expansions

Does it work with popular versions of CEP?

This is where I'm starting to think this might be over complicating the base game..

Best case scenario I can properly do my barbarian/rogue build I've been thinking of doing.

Worst case I become a cheese wizard and start raining planets and summoning titans down on people..

If it provides a challenge then I'm interested, if not then I'd probably not want to go through all that effort tbh fam

And what's this about servers? Does it have multi!? O.o

ok so you don't play the prc, the prc just adds new races/classes/spells/feats/prestige to any other module

the prc works out the box,the options and things are all there only if you choose to use them

you won't become a cheese wizard unless you build your character to be a cheese wizard

some nwn servers run modifed versions of the prc, if you click the download link you will see mergepacks for cep and the other graphics mod

Ok user, I'll take your word for it.. I'm dling the files now, gonna backup my game folder too just to be sure.

Cheers for letting me know about it too btw man

Hey,

what's

with

this

shitty

formatting?

This

a

new

meme

or

something?

It's two reddit cucks that have found each other and are getting all homoerotic about it. Naturally, being that their are subhuman leftists they simply can't help themselves and keep typing like niggers.

Shit anons, didn't realise punctuation and sentence structure = reddit/shit memes

NWN 1 is shit.
So is NWN 2 but at least 2 has Mask of the Betrayer, the only thing that came close to Torment.

all anons must type like this or else the hivemind will lose power. autists always need something else to sperg about to stave off their inevitable suicide. I can't wait to see what the new thing to sperg about will be after this.

"iF you don't capitalize all your F's you're a cuck and must be From reddit"

autists gonna aut

Torment is 10/10 VN, but a terrible RPG.

Here's the thing you two cockroaches don't understand. The one and only thing of worth in any chan discussion is your post. How your write, how eloquent you are, punctuation, formatting, spelling, all tell everyone else in the thread what they are dealing with.

If you type like a fucktard, you will be treated like one. I wish mods would actively ban anyone that types like a coon.

What didn't you like about it? Myself, I thought they were both good in their own ways but NWN 2 changed too much of what made 1 a good game, although I will admit not being able to properly level up your companions sucked ass

Mehhh.. Thought it was a lame expansion to be honest, was just really lacking in comparison to the MC, especially after how awesome crossroad keep manager was.

It has the fucking best story and atmosphere, nigger. Go play the prologue right now. If it doesn't hook you, you might as well go to a gay bar and gett buttplugged by 666 gay cocks of AIDS.

I never mentioned your sexlife, and (you) could just as easily be a goon, tumblrtot or more likely one of the twatter GG converts. And that's your problem.
I just asked is this a new meme or something?

You should've soloed a sorc or a dedicated caster in general. Thief/mage combos are fun but anything straight up melee was just numbing.

It's a bioware "rpg" through and through. Terrible characters, fedex quests and nonsensical areas.

as expected of a retard who liked the nwn1 campaign.

and the actual content of your post doesn't matter at all, hm?

;)

Okay, let's take a look at your posts shall we?

Only post that maintains sentence structure, punctuation and spelling.. Well done, here's your fucking gold star. not saging for OT though user? Come on now

Oops, spelled *they're wrong!

FTFY Grammatically anyway

Short but sweet. Nice one lad.

user, I'm sensing some serious butthurt from these posts you on this thread.. A-Are you triggered, user?

Please, by all means carry on though, your attempts to make me laugh really worked.

You were able to read this message.

You were able to understand this message.

You are probably about to waste your own time getting angry about the formatting of a message :^)

Don't forget to take your meds user and maybe you won't get so upset about trivial things.

the new meme is autists caring too much about formatting, Its insane how quickly anons try to conform, the op who first started this trend is probably having a good kek about this whole thing

Nothing you could type would be of any worth anyway.

I will agree with you, that Chapter one is a fucking grind and afterwards it doesn't even really pick up after that. Looking back I was enjoying it more for the experience than the actual story it didn't have one

And SoTU was absolute wank bar deekin which I even had to force myself to complete

Whoa, whoa, whoa, settle down there chuck – I never said I liked it, it's pretty feasible at best from when I completed them in around 2006~

And you didn't actually answer my question by the way :^)

(checked)

No, but I'm gonna call (you) out as the cancer you are and be done with it.

Add to that a cookie-cutter, as generic as it gets campaign and the fact you only ever lead a party of two, and it's pretty obvious why it's such a shit game. And that's ignoring the fact it's not even an RPG, but then again BioWare isn't in the business of making those.

The only two "proper" RPGs BioWare ever made were BG 1 and 2. At least the villains were interesting and the quest wasn't directly related to the ancient evil and saving the world, on top of the quantity of the content beating quality, and with a few tweaks to the AI mage fights could be rather fun.

does that give you some kind of satisfaction? Do you not have anything better to do?

(checked)
Welcome to Holla Forums.

Now that you mention it, maybe I am just looking at the whole thing with a pair of nostalgia goggles.. It's been so long since I last played to be fair, but still..

2/3 man parties had actually slipped from my mind probably because it was such a massive offence that I put it to the back of my mind whilst playing, although now that you mention it I do remember being outraged and disgusted

BG 1 and 2 were awesome, but honestly, feel like I've played those games to death, I practically know irenicus' dungeon and the starting quests off by heart by this point.

Just looking for a semi-fresh experience here is all..

I enjoy a good shitpost, but at what point has it gone too far?, maybe there is no point and I’ve just lost the spirit of there being no point to the madness,I need to reawaken my inner autist, thank you user

Way I see it, applied and weaponized shitposting has it's place. But shitposting for the sake of just doing it ultimately dilutes the quality of the shitpost and instead of fighting/lampooning cancer it becomes a form of cancer in itself.

And godspeed. Vintage crpgs should fit to a T. remeber that NWN1 did nothing wrong :^)

Server user here, Im still alive. But Im not sure about the servers themselves since the admin has probably re-purposed them for something else. Its been a while since they were up.

Looking for some good Planescape mods for NWN2. Any recommendations?

Tried going on nwn MP earlier, it said it couldn't access the servers or something like that

I'm guessing then that there is still a way to play multi on this game?

Mask of the Betrayer you fucking idiot.

Go fuck yourself. Everyone played the official expansion.

The master server was taken down in like 2009 but there's still a way to play multiplayer. You just have to use the Direct Connect option and put in the server's IP.

The only dedicated servers still alive are, unfortunately, PWs and Roleplay servers.

nwnlist.com/

Bitch is a traitor, an uptight cunt prancing around with a stick up her ass all the time and worst of all, she's an elf.
She got what she deserved and I hope she's still burning in the deepest pit in Baator.

Let me post my mandatory pastas that hopefully don't kill the thread.

Fuck it, I'm bored off my ass and wan't to talk about this game.

Installing the game

First, you actually want to get NWN, so go torrent NWN Diamond edition from Piratebay or something, this is generally the one you want, you don't want to piss about wuth DLing NWN stanalone then the expansions.

Win7 user will have trouble with installastion, so you need to follow this guide in order to ensure you don't mess up:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html

nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Windows

You may also suffer from issues involving non playing cutscenes in the start of campaign chapers when playing or chrome/silver skin at character creation.

The chrome skin issue is usually fixed by simply installing the critical rebuild 1.69 patch found here:

gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/why_is_my_characters_skin_silver

The non playing cutscene issue is caused by a number of different problems, but the first thing you must do is install Bink, found here:

radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm (First DL link)

Here are some sites which can usually help you fix this issue.

gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/videos_and_cutscenes

Using this is how I fixed my Non playing cutscens issue in NWN, however, so it's probably this one.

mirror.aleturo.com/Games/NWN/

Additionally, disable the shiny water option sound ingame, it's a shit, causes savegame bloat and crashes.

Now that you've pretty much installed NWN Diamond edition patched it and made sure you've got no issues, It's time to install the Premium modules, which you can find here:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-General-Discussion-Forum-No-Spoilers-Allowed/UNOFFICIAL-links-to-redownload-previously-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html

Download and intstall all of these.

So now, you've pretty much got all of the Vanilla content. Save for Darkness over Daggerford, which was cancelled.

You might also want a fan made module on what happens between Shadows of Unrentide and Hordes of the Underdark, plenty of those on the neverwinter vault.

Community patches/gameplay improvements

Here I will list mods that are to NWN what the Unofficial Oblivion patch is to Oblivion, you'll want to download these for sure.

neverwinternights.info/index.htm

Community Patch

neverwinternights.info/p170.htm

A community patch for all those nasty bugs 1.69 didn't fix.

Also will merge data in you .2da folders togther rather tha overrite if you place them in a folder and run a batch file, so it works with just about anything, includign any installations of the PRC or other modifications you may have installed.

Lastly, there's the PRC, which is a mod that injects a buttload of D&D 3.5 classes and a shitload of other stuff for choice at character creation, amongst other things, such as sub-races that if you name at the begining of character creation, will be seen as their own race.

Before installing the PRC (And most mods anyway) you want this:

neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm

NWNCX extends what NWN can actually do, and is needed to select the PRC base classes at character creation.

Lastly you want something called Leto 1.69 PRC edition I think, for editing PRC characters and stuff.

Honestly, this is taken from an old guide I wrote on the subject as much has changed on the modding scene since then, as we now have a working mod manager that works in the same fashion as the Mod organiser for bethesda games, which is a godsend compared to drag'n drop Override files to NWN1.

There'd be more links to mods here, but they were all to the old neverwinter vault, whcih shut down and changed to a new site, so they no longer work, and their search engine is piss, so it's hard to fidn the old stuff.

Anyhow, the basic stuff you want is the game fully patched with cutscenes working then the community patch, the PRC being optional if you want it, as you have things like the CEP needed for Custom created modules to play, or persistant servers and whatever.

One more thing, most moduels want these massive fuckass collections of assets, one called the CEP, and the other Project q.

Get both, and also get the CEP 2.1 (An older version) as some modules use it, such as a Hunt through the dark, a popular series of Drow modules.

Oh right, and put the game's .exe's in compatiblity. for windows XP and run as Admin, that's one of the most important things.

There's also a Mod manager for installing mods now, which you can find on the nexus, it's a bit buggy now, but the author is open to bug report submissions.
It's a lot better than the manual method, anyhow.

this was the missing link user, I thought the extension was this server side only mess, thanks a ton

And now for your pasta:

L>iking edgybeth tittymarmalaede

Shiggy diggy doo, she's ELF as fuck in all the bad ways.

Last time I checked Fenthick had stepped into the biggest
shitpile ever, and even Aribeth told him not to follow Densher which fucking incriminated him to shit, and even he was pretty much admitting he fucked up and was good as dead when you spoke to him. And the reason he ended up dead was because of the cult tricking him, Nasher simply gave the execution order, which Aribeth even mentioned herself.

To top that off, compared to Densher, his execution was fairly humane, though completely unecessarry and otherwise avoidable via faking his death or jst resing him after execution

The biggest gripe about this entire deal is that you sit through this woman's fucking life story about how Orcs killed her family and she went on a blood feud against them then Tyr himself saved her ass just to tell her that that wasn't justice.

So, during her indoctrination to Morag, you even mention the possibility of spies remaining and she reassures you that that shit won't happen and you even get glimpses that you're clearly dealing with some ancient wizard shit here and you never question her further on her dreams, like the offshoot idea of her being drugged or something.

Regardless Aribeth is a full retard, emotional stress from the plague and Fenthick granted, but it takes a special kind of stupid to repeat the very fucking shit that an avatar of Tyr got of his ass for to tell her NO, THAT SHIT WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE GIRL by going on a mad bloodthirsty killing spree because your loved ones snuffed it not once, BUT TWICE not even noticing the pattern infact, I wish I could have told her to promise me never to pick up a sword again because as a paladin bitch couldn't hold it straight to even point it at a foe.

The only saving grace of her switch is that Morag was just that damn powerful which is the only explanation for such dumbassery.

Though to be fair, Given 4e, I'd say Nasher really was just an incompetant asshole, fucker caused civil war, countless deaths, codemnation of innocents, and his castle becomes a forefront for an invasion from the abyss led by Monkey-trouble itself.

Also, Morag superior GILF Scalie waifu, Guoh, where are you?

Interestingly enough this is as old as 4/tg/ and for some reason I found it again on a site I have no recollection of being on rpeosed by someone else.

das da thang fam w/ dis day n age u got sum internet savvy n sum linguistic knowledge monica u can pretty much mo'fuckin contextualize da shieet in a nigguh post n u gon b alryt monica u know so how bout u quit tellin nigguhs wut to do fo i get rabid up in dis bitch monica kay n das real fammo

the fuck?

user, thanks for the glorious paste! I needed that!

Okay this is more for both of you..

So I downloaded the PRC and immediately within the character creation I see race options already BROKEN as fuck!!

Dragonkin, Rakshasha, Ogre, what the fuck!?

I mean, you don't have to pick these obviously, but seriously, what is the drawback to being a Rakshasha except that you are playing as a furry?

Also..

40keks.jpg

There's supposed to be a level adjustment drawback, making you level slower and giving you a lower max level. It's not on by default for some reason.

I spent a lot of time running games for NWN1 back when it was new.
The game is okay as a PW (MMO for like 30-60 people) but it really shines when you have one or more DMs running a module like it was pen and paper for a group. Really miss those games.

Why the hell is that working?

I don't think you've DLLed the latest PRC pack because last time I checked th ecurrent up to date version on the vault exceeds what the java program could work with

Seriously, every time I've used mine it just never worked.

Yeah it goes like this

PRC latest from Vault
PRC injector to apply to your module files
NWNCX to actually use PRC
Java tool never works for anything that isn't PRC 3.3 which you shouldn't use. Fiddle with Leto with PRC instead.

Are there any good modules for the second game?

I just wanted to beat one of my childhood games.

Oh shit, I thought people fucking forgot about this game. I love this game so much, bugs and ugliness and shitty engine and shitty writing and all.

online gameplay gets boring after a while on a pve server when you're max level

the gameplay just gets dullespecially as a 28 WM

since you don't want to pay for it, try pirating the gog version
you know, the drm-free version that's guaranteed to work in windows 7 and 8 and maybe even 10

you'll need a key to play online though. You can only get that by buying it or using your old one

Actually there's a crack for the key.

SotU and the import to HotU was a lot of fun for me, but it might depend on what class you use. I went pure wiz and once I got the boots with the permanent haste enchantment in the desert I was pretty unstoppable, though there were a few curve balls here and there.

It's worth it just to get the inventory baby.

Don't worry it spazzed out at classes saying my data files were corrupt or some shit. This is after a clean install too.

That sucks about the java tool dude, was looking to go into super detail about editing my char but I guess it isn't to be..

It's a shame that leto doesn't appear to go to the same depth from the screenies I found as well

Just got into the nwn 1 Main campaign, and GOD the writing is awful and I've only just started.

Not sure if the prophet module is compatible with PRC (the amount of classes is absolutely staggering!!) can someone confirm/offer an alternative/good module that works with PRC?

Do stats make difference in dialogues/quests etc in this game? Like low int character speaking like a retard and other characters actually acknowledging that, characters with high wisdom/charisma getting special dialogue options and shit like that

Depends on the module. Main campaign does which is neat, but the writing is nothing to write home about tbh fam

Yes but not all modules make extensive use of that due to being developed by amateurs. The official stuff does.

I never got original copies of the expansions back when the master server was still alive, so that really limited which servers I could play in, and most of which I could were totally dead. Alas, this itch of mine remains unscratched

There are still servers up user.. Both games actually.. I was pretty shocked too tbh, but it just goes to show that bioware/ea really have forgotten about this shit, because these games gave the community content for years whilst shit like dragon age 2 is your typical flavour of the month shite

nwnlist.com/#