Death Stranding release date sort of confirmed?

(Coming from Kojimbo's own Twitter) It's coming out the Tokyo Olympics - which is in 2020 - and before the new Akira film, which as far as I know doesn't even have a release date.
So within about three and a half years.
twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/777376793372221440

At least he's not planning to pull a DN:F on everybody.

Some reliable sources already confirmed that DS is coming out late 2018 unless something changed in development. Script and casting are also finished and the engine's been chosen, the game is entering production in a month.

Honestly I would have expected longer.

I'm so tired of this hearing about overrated gook like he's a fucking messiah of videogames
He hasn't made a good game since MGS2, it's probably not gonna happen again.

He did. It's called MGS3.
Anything after's been subpar, though. PW was a good foundation, however, but missed the mark and didn't reach full potential with MGSV.

After so many lackluster games now I doubt it.

Also why are so many games taking forever to make? I dont mind if games look like ZoE2 HD if it gets them to run better and come out faster.

Think the Akira thing is just mentioning that setting of it is on the year 2019 and Neo-Tokyo is preparing to host the Olympics.

So it isn't this year, and its before 2020, and we still don't have more information about the game, well, he's got 3 years to troll everyone about the game.

Kojima will be exposed for the hackfraud he is after this.

He hasn't make a single good game for me. They all play like shit and are aesthetically ugly. His stealth gameplay is always pacman tier, his action is abysmal, the characters he wrote are annoyingly silly, and the story is shit beyond redemption. It's like an autistic foreigner, using his autistic mind, tries to interpret hollywood flicks and connect it with his autistic obsession of international politics. I really, really can't find the redeeming value of a kojima game. I don't get what people see in his games.

That's funny because I was thinking the same thing today and that's actually what I like about his games.

If you can't identify the good, then how can you say that it's only bad? This isn't The Emperor's New Clothes, his games probably just aren't for you.

Production scale bloat. We're to the point of massive Hollywood budgets, with massive Hollywood overhead. Most of it is completely unnecessary.

What?

Always amusing how a failed wannabe movie director makes more fuss than his "games".

Especially if you compare mgs1 to Thief which came out in the same year.

Can't wait to watch that cutscene. I bet it will be cinematic.

Don't forget epic meta "ruses".

the pacman shit nailed it. 5 minute bursts of pacman stealth followed by hours of shit more badly written than 90s saturday morning cartoons.

I'm not crazy about Kojima, but that is absolute dogshit. He's had one of my favorite video game artists working for him for a long time, and he's always been very faithful at adapting that well into his games.

Checking those trips, you know how Hollywood is running out of fucking ideas? well here comes those anime live-action adaptations! Warner Bros are making it! just like Ghost in the Shell! Death Note? lets make the main character black and a vigilante that's gonna go full BLM on people!

Thats good actually, means he(or the team behind him) is trying to make a real game. A movie game doesnt take that long to make.

Like comparing Burnout to Gran Turismo. In other words, it's fucking retarded.

But since we're on that topic, people really overstate how highbrow Thief supposedly is. That game's idea of encouraging stealth is to make the combat utter dogshit, and enemies never wake up from being knocked out. Often times I'd find myself navigating through an entire empty level (because everyone was unconscious) looking for a key item I might have missed. On top of being able to save anywhere and any time, Thief just isn't that hard or unforgiving, even for someone who's played most of it on Expert the first time.

It has some great qualities regardless, but people sucking its dick like it's the epitome of game design are fucking obnoxious.

Thief is actually easier to play stealthily and on expert, since the extra demands for gold also give you more funds for the next mission.

There's absolutely no way that hyper-ambitious and idealistic Kojima can make a good AAA game from scratch in only 3 years or less, when fucking Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed take that much and they're rehashes. Plus his team is fairly small, isn't it?

Yeah, the style is so unique. Part of why I hated MGS5 so much was because that aspect pretty much went to the wayside.

underage get out

That sounds like a cool challenge, sure.

Then again, you could also apply that logic to many other games, and I'm a firm believer that some of the most fun you can have with a game comes from self-imposed challenges and creating your own scenarios even if it's outside the game's explicit rules. This is why modding is so hugely popular imo.

I'm sorry, but when did it all of the sudden turn cool to hate on Kojima? Or is this just a new fad Holla Forums is going through, cause he's popular and actually successful? He literally has never made a single bad game, that Konami didn't come into to butcher like MGSV.
Nice argument dumbasses, if you actually have played his games, you'd know that they contain more gameplay with depth than most other games.
Not only is Thief a shitty game compared to MGS, but guess what? It has such a shit simple story that could be entirely glanced over. MGS actually has a complicated story that carries over into gameplay, and reflects the emotions of the characters onto the player. Thief is just piss easy and Internet story-tier.

Confirmed for never playing a single MGS game.

This guy gets it.

There's a thing called talent that some people have.

How the fuck is he overrated? Are you just saying that anyone who gets recognized for doing something good multiple times is overrated, because you can't do shit in your life?

Or he'll make another good game and you can look like a retard for saying that.

Kojima himself has already stated that he doesn't want to make movies, and instead wants to focus on making games with good gameplay, being cinematic just happen to be his style. Of course you would know this if you didn't follow Holla Forums hivemind.

MGSV was all Konami's fault for shafting Kojima. Had it been finished, it would have been a masterpiece.

Stop.

leave this board

I'm sorry, I didn't know this was tumblr.

Holla Forums loved him last year. Then MGSV came out, was unfinished and they turned on him despite numerous accounts stating that it's actually Konami's fault the game was the way it was.

And people wonder why gaming has declined.

While I agree with you, this just makes you sound like a bigger faggot.

youre the biggest virgin loser on Holla Forums right now

Will this be The Last Guardian 2?

Because Holla Forums is filled with idiots who fucking blame people without even checking whose fault it is.

Why? Did I trigger you?

Nice argument faggot.

I don't believe you… oh fucking hell, it's real.

Theres nothing to even discuss yet. Please fuck off. When they show the first gameplay in 2028 the whole board is gonna be nothing but that so at least give me this respite. Please?

MGS4
Penguin Adventures. Fuck that game

I mostly agree with you, but you sound like a faggot with the Holla Forums hivemind meme, the "hurrr huuur" and "waaaahh" and shitting on Thief.

Sony is giving him free reign apparently, so I don't think they will.

An "I don't think so" from an user isn't the most reassuring,set-in-stone thing

Fair point.

Pleb

Ask your friends on ribbit, maybe they'll give you a permission to "hate on" somebody else, dipshit.

Why? Kojipro's most recent projects were shit.

If you weren't so autistic I'd feel good about backing you up.
I'd say an actual company that's overrated is Bethesda. And I should know that. I was in the hivemind that they've never made a bad game. Then I played Fallout 3. Then I played Oblivion. And don't tell me those are good games.

Hahaha, holy shit, this is gold

Don't get me wrong, Konami and everyone else should have waited for the game to be finished, but that just isn't being realistic. They're a corporation that wants quick and easy money so they didn't want to sink in more than 80 million into a game with no development end in sight. That being said the shit they did like going Orwellian on their employees is fucked up.

I still think shit like that is a bad idea because there have been loads of good games that didn't need these ridiculous budgets, even from the last generation of consoles

Bump because this

is hilarious.

Nigger you just went full retard

Replying to eric shitpost

There probably was an end in sight, and Kojima and Co would have reached it if Konami didn't keep sabotaging them, sending members of KojiPro to go work in the Pachinko mines when they said bad things about the company, cutting off their internet access and company email, and all sorts of other shit.

Konami didn't just pull the plug. That would be one thing. They actively tried to sabotage the game. How people could think Kojima was the bad guy after hearing all of that, and not just from shitty, biased gaming media, but actual mainstream Japanese news sources, really boggles the mind.