Ace Attorney: Spoilers Edition

Now that the game has come out and we've had about a week to play, what's the general consensus? What case was the best? Gotten to play the DLC yet?
Ha, you thought this was going to be a spoiler about the game didn't you? Unfortunately for you this is all a ruse, and the more you read this overly long spoiler the more you will come to realization that you are wasting your time and haven't actually had the game spoiled in the OP post. This spoiler serves only to scare away people not done with the game yet and drive people who have closer to the thread using psychological tricks. In short, you have been rused my friend.

Rayfa is cute.

One bump

Too lazy to write everything again, so reposting my opinion from another thread.

So, they.
– Made everyone human beings again and gave everything character
– Finally made Phoenix a very good mix of his AA3 and AA4 personality, he acts much more like a boss now
– Finally started solving shit left hanging since AA4 and finally gave Apollo a backstory and his own goals, making him a complete character
– Separated Apollo and Athena (who felt very similar in AA5) by making Athena the rookie and more emotional (emphasized in Case 4) and Apollo the AA3-level Phoenix
– By giving her a more distinct personality and a short case, they facilitated her growing in the sequel, making AA6 her actual starting point
– The ending finally unloads the mess that was AA5 with their 'three chracters at the same time' by unloading Apollo, finally giving Athena breathing room to develop in AA7 and beyond, a Phoenix/Athena duo should be good enough
– Dealed with the secondary characters. Finally developed Trucy into her own character to an extent instead of a Maya stand-in and made her actually relatable and not obnoxious; didn't botch the return of Maya actually giving her a very realistic mix of her young and older personalities (albeit showing a bit too little of her) and even made Pearl not the retard she was in AA5. And Simon is fucking great. New and old character also interacted quite seamlessly.
– Ended on a final thread from AA4, probably to resolve it in AA7 or 8. Also gave Apollo a great opportunity for his own distinct 'Arabian Nights Investigations' sub-series, utilizing his new chraracter without overloading the main series and kind of closing his starting arc finally
– The difficulty of the game is finally good again and the series stopped its stagnation
So yeah. They did everything I wanted next since 2008 in a main series. Finally, fuck.
Not only did they fix almost everything, but set up a foundation for a great sequel in advance, instead of shooting themselves in the foot like with AA4 and 5. After palying AAI2 and knowing that AA5 had very troubled development, I knew this team would deliver in AA6 and I wasn't disappointed (while being very sore about AA5).

So yeah. They did everything I wanted next since 2008 in a main series. Finally, fuck.
Not only did they fix almost everything, but set up a foundation for a great sequel in advance, instead of shooting themselves in the foot like with AA4 and 5. After palying AAI2 and knowing that AA5 had very troubled development, I knew this team would deliver in AA6 and I wasn't disappointed (while being very sore about AA5).

did they make science girl an actual science girl

I also forgot how they also fixed Ema.
Oh, and all the cases actually surprise you again instead of being a dead giveaway the moment you see the culprit's face.

The only twist I foresaw was Igna's prosopagnosia the moment I found the list in his room
But even that turned out to be way less important in the grand scheme of things than I anticipated.

THANK GOD

DANCE TIME

I liked it, but then again Dual Destinies is my 2nd favorite AA and Holla Forums hated it so who knows how much opinion is really worth to the people here.

Wished there was more Maya and Athena, never liked Apollo glad they dropped him in the middle of buttfuck nowhere with no internet connection, shitty toilets and stupid zealots to overwork him left and right so we never have to look at his stupid face again. Hopefully.

The Seances kind of remind me of the stupid concert video we had to review a billion times but this time it works and these two are an actual spoiler and were pretty great. Turnabout Time Traveller when?

That's what they say now.
But I remember when AA5 just came out. Halfchan was full of AA5 threads, all praising it to high heaven as the glorious return of the series and I was the only person who didn't get that at all and was dumbfounded by everybody's reaction. It's the only time I felt that contarian ever.
I guess people were just happy that the mainline series is finally back after so many years but still. Everybody fucking loved AA5 at first. Only after the dust has settled did the opinion start to shift.

I hated DD as soon as I played it.

I had just marathoned all the other games int eh series in preparation, and I was NOT ready to be let down like that.

No the seances felt like something new in change the 2nd case where you review the video tapes, that really felt like the concert video from AJ.

Admit it user, DD was bad and boring.

Is it me or was SoJ the game with more female characters so far?

You and me both.
Thankfully, it was the result of troubled development rather than lack of inspiration, since the same team made AAI2, which is the best game in the series period.

Now that they ironed out the kinks in their development strategy after AA5, they are finally back on track full-force and I am excited for AA7 and actually give a fuck about the series after so many years, which is a great feeling just like with Sonic

I'm glad to hear it.

Phoenix was grizzled veteran tier in 4, so it made 0 sense for him to be an easily startled crybaby in 5.

3 is my favorite one if it makes you feel any better.

I don't need to admit anything, the moment I picked it up, I was hooked, the twists, the characters, it was pretty great. Every game so far had that ONE case that always made me go "meh", but DD had none, I liked all the twists and turns and all the characters fit perfectly. If it was harder, it would be the pinnacle of what an AA game should be.

I imagine people were super happy the shitpile that was Apollo Justice was shoved under the rug and forgotten. I still believe is the 2nd best game on it's own merits though.

Also forgot to mention how glad I am Ema was back to being herself in this game.

Also, a super minor nitpick which was just overblown by my autism. After the pixel crispness of AA1-4, I hated the blurry text in AA5. In fact, I very often pay attention to fonts and the like and a clean interface can noticeably affect my enjoyment.
Thankfully, they even fixed that one in AA6. It's like they knew everything I was buttblasted over.

That's personal opinion, yeah, but still I can't agree.

Case 1 was maximum tutorial, so you knew all the twists basically.
In Case 2 I immediately knew who the culprit was by looking at his face and design. I thought that it's TOO obvious so maybe it's actually a twist, but no.
Exactly the same shit for Case 3.
Case 4 had no culprit at all.
And only Case 5 actually suprised.
Funnily enough, iAA5 is when they hired a new character designer who experineced troubles with adapting his style to Ace Attorney at first. So that's probably connected.
I undestand that the twists don't just boil down to 'whodunit', but it's still important for such a game.

GAG

For people who finished AA6. What do you want to see in AA7? Where do you want the story to go? It seems like an important point for the series now.

this

what about Iris

She's in prison.

But she didn't even kill anybody so we don't know how long of a sentence she's got. She may be getting out soon.

….yeah, but think of how cute Maya and Phoenix would be together

can't deny that

ah didnt notice I quoted you twice

I'm gonna grant you one thing about DD… At least it wasn't as bad as Miles Investigations 1

bump

The only good thing that came from Dual Destinies was Blackquill and I'm still fucking pissed with how they handled him, the idea behind his character was fantastic but thanks to the poor writing we couldn't see anything from him neither his abilities.
I hope they just don't send him to the trash, Blackquill has the potential to be a pretty memorable character.

It's almost certainly the best and most consistent mainline game since Trials & Tribulations. The tone and humor are just right and it feels like a real Ace Attorney game. Not to mention, the cases are actually fun and interesting, and I liked they way that cases were divided up. It was refreshing to see longer trial and investigation segments rather than the standard format of "Day 1 Investigation, Day 1 Trial, Day 2 Investigation, Day 2 Trial, etc."

The game's also great in that it undoes a lot of the damage from the fucking godawful Dual Shitstinies and mostly retcons it aside from Athena and Blackquill being present. Gone are the days of everyone being a Saturday-morning cartoon character and Nick screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" every two sentences. The character development feels natural and everyone fulfills the roles they're supposed to: Nick being the somewhat-clumsy, yet fatherly mentor, Apollo being the energetic prodigy, and Athena being the inexperienced newcomer.

Personal list:
PW:AA = AAI2 > T&T > SoJ > JfA > AAI > AJ > Dogshit > DD

POST YOUR CORRECT OPINIONS

T&T
AAI = AAI:2
SoJ
AA
Farewell, my Turnabout
– Power Gap –
AJ
The rest of JFA
DD

I had no idea that people like this even existed.

DD

The fact that they backed down with Dual Destinies and made what plays like another Phoenix game instead of AJ2 is always going to make me feel like Apollo got narratively cucked out of his own trilogy.
I really enjoyed what they did with him in SoJ, but to some degree I feel like it could have been written entirely as an Apollo in Khura'in/Athena in Burgerland.

But I suppose it doesn't really matter at this point since Apollo is never leaving Kura'in or getting his own game ever again.

That's not exactly what I meant, but the whole development was shitty too, yeah.

Now that I think about it, Case 2 is really better than it had any right to be. At points it felt like a legit final case to Apollo Justice 2. A great and tragic reveal and a very ralatable villain imo. One of the best second cases.

BEST GAME
BEST MUSIC

No thanks, i hope capcom dies soon.

bump
why the fuck is nobody talking about a NEW MAINLINE ACE ATTORNEY FOR FUCKS SAKE
everybody discussed te shitfest that was AA5 but then an actually GOOD game comes along and nobody's posting
fuck you

smhtbqh fam