Drakengard Thread

I just started playing this shit and
The dragon parts are fun so should I bear with the shit ground parts or should I just skip to the second one?

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/Drakengard/
lparchive.org/NIER/
docs.google.com/View?id=dgvmkf89_228fxgghgg3#Introduction_873823421104661_5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The 1st game is more memorable though

Drakengard 2 is generic garbage while 1 is interesting garbage. People only care about 1 and Nier

You want a beatdown, punk?
You ONLY play the first one.
Then you move onto Nier.
Then you wait for automata.

Ignore anyone telling you to try Drakengard 3, it's nu-weeb waifu pandering garbage for people that haven't understood jack shit about the series.

And by the way you better bite down on your pillow and let the shit gameplay ram you up the ass because it's not gonna get any better anytime soon, better get used to it you faggot.

Watch all of them on youtube.

You could read the LP of it

Well, shit then.

O-okay.
Some things were never meant to be.
I know Automata is coming to PC, how important is Nier story-wise?

As much of a casual as I am I'm not that much of a casul faggot.

Essential.

Alright sally if you're gonna be a little bitch about it, here's the reading material you need.

Here's Drakengard:

lparchive.org/Drakengard/

Here's Nier:

lparchive.org/NIER/

After you're finished with Nier i EXPECT you to read Grioire Nier, the companion book to Nier, if you want to even remotely be taken seriously and not being insta-spotted as a huge pleb:

docs.google.com/View?id=dgvmkf89_228fxgghgg3#Introduction_873823421104661_5

You better be grateful ya shit for brains.

T-thanks.

Enduring bad gameplay just to watch a story is not casual.

I'm pretty sure dragons don't turn into girls in any of the series, and the first game does have a pedophile who joins the party.

Not like that will even remotely stop caim's cock from getting that MILF dragon pussy anyway.

Or from killing everyone and trying to save his sister

By the way Drakengard 2 exists only for one reason.

There it is.

That's it, you can forget Drakengard 2 was ever made now.

100% this

I've 100% drakengard and read the whole lp as well, the lp is ok but the writer interjects all these imaginary lines from caim and angelus that are completely out of character. He keeps trying to make it 'epin' instead of just retelling it how it is, which is quite pathetic and desperate.

If you don't want to play the game OP just listen to the OST while performing a mayfair dance covered in blood and chanting about the watchers, basically the same experience.

Eh, it's just a bunch of harmless jokes, i don't think they detract too much from the experience overall.
It's a pretty long read so he needed to break it up here and there.

yeah but for someone who hasn't actually played the game it can be kind of misleading. It's good otherwise though

by the way
I just realised my sentence was worded kind of badly and this could be referring to the the writer's actions, rather than the atmosphere of the game, i.e. 'retelling it how it is' -> pathetic and desperate.

Oh wow yeah, i read that completely the wrong way, thanks for clearing it up.

I do that more often than I'd like really, sorry about that

Wasn't the original Drakengard the one with the greatest localization differences?

I recall hearing about one character being an open pedo in the JP version.

Yep.
The circumstances of his backstory are heavily censored in the US release.
And honestly, i can't think of a period of time in vidya where they wouldn't be censored, outside japan.

There's a lot of touchy shit in Drakengard, but everything about Leonard is by far one of the most controversial elements.

I wouldn't say he's that much more controversial than Arioche of "Children aren't safe in this world, I'll eat them all so they'll be safe inside my stomach" fame.

It is, because as always, violence is more acceptable than sexuality.

What was it you didn't like about DOD3? It seems strange to me that you would recommend DOD1, Nier and Automata but not DOD3.

Where is that pic that sums up Drakengard?

basically, edgy does not necessitate intrigue

however I personally am not particularly keen on nier or automata either, but they're certainly a step above dod3

You mean this?

Fair enough. If you're more into DOD1 than Nier it makes sense. DOD3 always struck me as a middle ground between DOD1 and Nier, albeit with a technical performance worse than both.

no he clearly said Drakengard , not Drakensang

incidentally the new captcha system sucks

Actually it does seem weird that that guy would recommend nier and automata but not dod3
I always saw it as three groups: dod1 by itself as a weird and unique game with a fairly traditional (at least at the start) medieval dark fantasy style that quickly degrades into a chaotic meta-fantasy setting.
dod2 which also sits on it's own as the shovelware game, featuring: Caim from the Manah Must Die series
Than the new games, nier, dod3, automata where yoko taro takes total control and just makes edgy anime games that are ok I guess but not really all that novel since they just play out like the story from any other edgy otaku-core manga/LN that get shit out every other month with some cute meta-mechanic gimmicks e.g. the save file stuff

I couldn't get past the utter shit gameplay of drakengard, you have to go out of your way to make a game so dull and repetitive

Shit game .
t. someone with good taste

The gameplay sucks on this one, tho.
The gameplay gets better on the second one (still sucks but it's better) but the story is way, way less interesting.
I haven't played 3 and Nier yet, so no comment on those.
1 is a crap game with a golden plot. I recommend playing up to whatever ending you get first, then looking the rest of the cutscenes/endings on youtube, since getting the extra stuff is pure bullshit.

SHIT TASTE
FUCK OFF

I have a question for those you have played
Did you guys feel the raw emotion these characters were experiencing?
Throughout all the cutscenes I just felt the hair behind my back rise

I felt my dick rise every time Angelus spoke

this, ever since Drakengard I've had a smoker voice fetish Voice actors for Argonians are the only thing that comes close?