Will Gears of War 4 Rape the series as badly 343 industry Raped Halo?

Will Gears of War 4 Rape the series as badly 343 industry Raped Halo?

== Oops forgot
The second AS ==

As long as they don't fuck it up as much as Bungie fucked up Destiny, it'll be fine.

you know, I really don't know OP. I don't know. I don't think gears of war has as much going on as halo did, but I do know I really want some sugar free arizona lite lemon tea.

I haven't played any 343 halo but if Holla Forums hates it, it's probably pretty good.

They already raped it to death with Judgement. At this point it's necrophilia and everyone's just looking at it in horror.

They're okay. I rented Halo 5 and ran through it, Warzone is neat, but it doesn't have a lot of the magic from earlier games. Hell, you can't even couch co op the fucking campaign, I just switched off every few minutes with my buddy. The AI companions are a bit more useful most of the time compared to Reach, but they can die and you have three of them.

4 actually did some things better than Reach, such as better nonForge maps (though some later Reach Forge maps were AMAZING) and the Mantis was a neat addition to the game. I think the biggest problem is that, like Brutes, Prometians just aren't as fun to fight as Elites were in Halo 1 and 2. So I don't think 343 COMPLETELY fucked the series, but if Halo 6 doesn't have splitscreen and 4 player splitscreen for multiplayer, they just don't understand a huge part of what kept the earlier games popular. I could still play Halo 1 with friends splitscreen and have a fucking great time.

It can get worse?

Actually, Coalition has gone on the record as stating they are actually very happy to work on Gears because (unlike 343) the guys in charge are in love with the franchise. They actually seem really hype about working on 4. To be fair, I'd be hype too.

It's a good series to me, alright?!

They killed it with Gears 3, what a fucking joke of a game.

Didn't play much of 3 because it was so shitty to play. Did they really go full ayy lmao with it? That's hilarious.

why would somebody rape a corpse?

Why would someone rape a living person? The answer is the same, it's because they're retarded and don't have the charisma to court someone normally and after their entire 42 year-old life was spent as a virgin they do whatever they can to end their dry spell

EDONTCHA KNOW OP?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAZ FEELS GOOD TO BE CONTRARIAN

your slow consolized shooter was never good

Why does it need to be fast? Most people who hate halo were either

A : Bullied in high school by xbros

B : Never player it

C: Are weebs

much worse, the locusts were genetically engineered by the humans, because why not.

I used to play halo on pc instead of whatever was cool at the time.

Gow was always shit so

Gears 4 is not made by Dude Bro LMAO, so it won't be shit.

I enjoyed playing GoW Judgment. I liked their version of the horde mode with a class system.>Will Gears of War 4 Rape the series as badly 343 industry Raped Halo?

Come on, some people don't give a shit about teenager nostalgia bait subpar shooter.

Theres no where to go but up as it is

you faggots would get destroy in gears online.

Also OP, Coalition has stated that the team is made up of new people that never worked on the franchise but They have focused on what made the game satisfying for the fans. If you played the alpha build back in may, it plays like gears 3 in terms of pace.

Literally WHAT is there to rape?

The lore was always shit. Ridiculous characters. And the gameplay stopped being fun after 2.

Whats wrong crowcuck? Didnt get enough views on your shitty video the fist 3 times you fucking shilled it, 2 of them were even on the catalog at the same time.

Nah but I actually don't care about console games.
I really do wish there was a skill based 3rd person shooter, but I can't really find one for PC.
Metal Gear online CnD was nice, but it's dead

It can't be nearly as bad as gow judgement. Now that was a crap game with some of the worst map/level design of all times.

go ahead and try that faggot. see how far that gets you. Also you are a bigger faggot for even mentioning MGO. That was a bigger fuckin disgrace.

Judgement is what happens when you try to appeal to the lowest common denominator. PC fags can talk about all the shit they want about gears, its not until they play it and get their shit pushed in that sends them into bigger butthurt

WEW

I don't really mind GoW, at least the very first one because it was well made in some parts parts, but seriously fuck the fact that it's somehow the standard that most TPS games try to emulate rather than games like Max Payne or Gunvalkryie or Destroy All Humans

wasn't like judgement already shit

ive played all of those. UT2K4 and tribes 2 are the only games there that takes skill in which i never said they werent. Gears takes skill because everyone starts with the same weapons, maps are symmetrical, power weapons are placed accordingly. The game comes down to who can aim while knowing how to move around. Thats Tribes 2 and UT2K4.

Found a faggot. No one likes symmetrical maps aside from "competitive" faggots who can't really think outside of some meta trash.
I also love how you omit the fact that there's a melee instakill, delayed interrupt sprint and a fucking autoaim to top it all off.

melee was a trash mechanic which was fixed in gears 3. Two piece tactic was fixed in the third one and was no longer an issue. If you are talking about the new yank and gank shit they added in 4 it actually works as 50/50. it works if the other person isnt expecting it. you have a chance to counter being pulled over and actually kill them. Sprint is only used when you start from spawn. after that you either wall bounce, or roll around to avoid getting head shotted by sniper. Auto aim goes out the window when you get into shotty battles. Auto aim wont help you there. of course youd know that if you were actually good at the game

Asymmetrical maps only work when they are made for a certain game type and gears has none of those gametypes. thats why judgement was trash among many other reasons.

There is literally nothing wrong with liking Halo

I never really played the game, but from the trailers, it looked like this game was gonna have a "you're going to lose" vibe. I spoiled myself by looking up the ending via a walk though and was disappointed that the game didn't go that route.

Shit… are you telling me that… Bobby Kotick was wrong?!

Read the post hes replying to faggot

It was slow but it had great level design.

The series was ruined when gears of war 2 came out and they completely butchered the online component, the game speed, the balance, etc.
Gears of War 1 was a beautiful accident and these clown fucks churning out the garbage sequels proved that they know absolutely nothing about making a fun game.

I always felt it more of a videogame equivalent of a B movie. The campaign and writing is hilarious and the multiplayer was kinda fun I guess
really not much going for it and I'm surprised anyone actually cares about it

4's story is shit, the campaign missions are alright but not great, and the MP is an pretty big step down from 3/reach, but still way better then Codshit. Forge/customs are on par with 3

5's story is shit, but not as shit as 4. Campaign missions are alright, but super short and many of them are literal walking simulators with no combat. MP is the best the series has had since halo 2 and has the best forge/customs in the series.

since Halo 5 has a free PC port that has the MP and forge, but is merely missing the SP, you should just play it since it's all the good parts of 5 for free.

In summary:

Story:
2>ODST>Reach>3>1>5>4

Campaign:
2>Reach>ODST>3>4>5=1

Multiplayer:
2>5>1>3=Reach>4

Customs/forge:
Reach>5>POWERAGP>3=4>2>1

They changed writers half way through, the person who replaced the original must have been too stupid to catch on, or executive pressure forced the game to end the way it did. I always saw the series having this strong colonialst theme with the architecture, the fact that humans aren't native to the planet and the importance of emulsion, where the humans were locusts invasion was a pushback from human greed but then it turned out the emulsion was some retarded living thing causing the locusts to go crazy and the locusts were genetically engineered by humans, and for what fucking purpose.

Then again I always thought Halo 4 would be a spin off and be about Master Chief becoming a gladiator on some exotic arena planet with the story being focused in two chapters his rise to the top of the arena and then becoming an ancient gods champion forced into alien conflicts that he is incapable of understanding with his suit slowly integrating into his body and him becoming an actual demon.

I have no idea how I came to that conclusion but I like the idea.

Fuck that.

nigga you can't into tactical shooters? come play me in Rainbows Six: Vegas 2, punk bitch. tell me about "muh cover" and 'muh skill"

It's worse then 2's in every possible way aside from forge. People bitch about how halo is slow and floaty, which is mostly a meme complaint, but even compared to the other halo games 3 is slow and floaty as balls.

The weapons can't hit shit and as a result the maps have a fuck ton of dead space where you can't engage the eneemy.

Literally the entire second half of the campaign reuses missions just in reverse, even in the first half there's reused geometry out the ass, the missions are almost all either just endless mazes of coordors or empty open areas. There's not as much enemy or weapon variety which means things get stale faster. The whole thing is incredibly tedious

The only thing CE has going for it SP wise relative to the other games in the series is the AI, and reach's AI is just as good

That's not to say 3's MP is bad or CE's campaign is bad, it's just not as good.

Halo has always had melodrama, the games were just tonally inconsistent with the novels. ODST and reach brought it slightly more in line.

Actually play it. The webm I posted alone demonstrates it has the best forge. Here's another example. The sound effects, the flashes of lightening, the rain, etc, all of that is made in forge and not preset

why does nobody seem to realise that reach was shit?

ODSTD was the last good one and that was just a parasite added to the complete multiplayer maps disc of halo 3

the armour abilities were shit, the story was set up to be grand but ended up being boring and predictable, the ui looked like garbage, it ran and played like shit, forge maps sucked especially forge world, the weapons were crap, no dual weild etc etc

why do people like it so much?

I'm intrigued.
Not so much anymore.

The rest of your post are opinions and are a mix of shit taste and truths (I agree the maps were garbage, for instance), but i'm legimately flabbergasted by this

I've NEVER heard anybody say reach's menu's were anything but fantastic.

It's a shame, but >expecting anything else from MS

what's worse is Windows 7 is going to be justas bad soon: starting next month, you won't be able to pick and choose what updates you intall, just like on 10.

Can you at least make it so that Windows won't update?

I fucking hope so.

I'm saying the in game UI, the menu's were fine but a bit over the top but the actual hud looked like shit and that's the important thing cos you're looking at it the whole game

Please note that if you like Halo or Gears of War you are cancer.

the problem isn't GoW. GoW is fine game, but it had own reasons to why the game was made like that, and other games had no business playing like GoW. this mentality of blindly following a successful title killed TPS games and Lost Planet series, just like CoD did to FPS games

No, because Gears of War was never good, even as a console game. Halo was the best console shooter at one point.

go back to 4chan, kid