Does anybody here care about these movies?

Does anybody here care about these movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/vwWuE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't but you do.

They're better than pretty much everything else coming out of hollywood

No, fuck off to Holla Forums faggot.

You have shit taste and should also fuck off to Holla Forums if you want to talk about movies and hollywood you kike fuck.

Nope

this, clearly you fucking do OP

if you honestly believe that you're mentally bankrupt, dude

Lol no, i mean Hollywood as a whole is trash. Indie and european films are the way to go

Nice direct link OP

After watching the very first one, no. No I don't.

No, nobody actually likes them.

But they're hilariously bad so they're worth watching if you like bad movies.

Some of the best films of all time were made in Italy.

Spaghetti Westerns don't count.

Awww shit!
My life is now empty.

Speaking of European films:
Anyone seen that Dutch film Admiral? (original title Michiel de Ruyter)
It's fucking gr8 8/8. Seriously. Go and watch it. Amazing naval battles with cannons and shit. Let me say that again: fucking naval battles with cannons and shit
Oh and of course it's based on the historical events around a badass admiral. You have political and personal betrayals you have pretty smart battle tactics and whatnot
It's a serious movie though I'm just appealing to the Americans with this description

Who keeps watching these movies?

A little like Hornblower or Sharpe? Sounds cool.

some of the worst films of all time were made in Italy.

I enjoyed the first one. The others don't seem worth it. I stopped watching the series halfway through the second one.

i sat through all of them one weekend the first was ok.. 2nd was watchable , shit went off the deep end after that.

the RE movies became good when they morphed into popcorn action flicks

normalfags, for some reason.

Video game movies don't work because the story you're working with is pathetic to begin with.

Who said anything about Spaghetti westerns?
I'm talking bout Cinema Paradiso, Sacco & Vanzetti, Mondo Cane. That stuff.

And most of the worst films of all time were made in America.

I remember hearing that the Japanese actually really like these movies for some reason

Well then, you missed how an end of the world apocalypse happened twice and the final boss mastermind is the red queen from the first film

The films have redeemed themselves because of they got best girl right,

minus smoking

What is it with this thread and shit taste?

She actually did put a lot of effort into playing jill, as in playing the actual source material, something noone else in that trainwreck appears to have done.

Doesn't change the fact she's a shit Jill, or that the movies are shit and shouldn't be discussed here on Holla Forums. Consider suicide.

I think if it weren't for the American actors, this could seem like a Japanese film franchise

i just find it funny how the movies put random shit from the games in them with out any context like the spider thing controlling Jill

or the executioner from 5, who just shows up for one fight and then dies.

How about you lay down a little bit of the defensive attitude you autist?
Im not the OP nor the person that posted that.

Here's a good Jill.

Why must we suffer so, Holla Forums?

I enjoyed the movies despite their flaws, up until the third one I think.
After that, it became so bad and so convoluted that I just couldn't give less of a shit about them.
The super powered psychic mary sue Alice was neat, and I thought that they were going to actually go somewhere with the clone army, but when they literally just killed them off at the start of the next movie, well I couldn't be fucked to care any more.

I don't remember much about that movie aside from how it sucked but…

Jill in the games is at the very least a compassionate person who aims to explain herself as necessary. Pretty sure she survives into the third or fourth movie too but everything's so pants-on-head retarded with the oceans drying up and then not really because virus who can keep track of anything? Oh right, but there's clones of everyone if they feel like it so fuck it, bring everyone back and have them all die again in the first 15 minutes next movie because nothing can have any real meaning.

First movie was shit, second movie was okay till the mid-end, third movie went retard, fourth one was retardingly fanfic, and this final one? whats the fucking point? like what the fuck, his OC donut steel wife is so confused whether she's mutated with telekinetic powers or not.

Gonna pirate it and just laugh, while also waiting for Resident Evil Vendetta to wash the stain of garbage.

I liked the first one cause it feels like an interesting tribute to the franchise or side story. It definitely had some of that resident evil feel to it and even though Alice was still kind of a supergirl in that one, the characters in general including Alice felt vulnerable. The second one did a few things right as well, but it was definitely where you started to see everything that was going to be wrong with the film franchise in general: plot holes, trying way too hard to copy the source material in a way that just feels tacky, characters and elements from the game shamelessly inserted with no rhyme or reason for their being present (alienating casual viewers who hadn't played the games to know who or what the fuck this shit was), hamfisted comedic one liners, the Alice character becoming more of a Mary Sue with all these dumb Matrix style action sequences just to show how kick ass Paul Anderson's waifu is, etc.

I once told somebody that when I was a little kid on the playground, my friends and I used to pretend play Resident Evil. Every recess we pretended we were in Raccoon City and managed to get out before the army blew it up. But then after Raccoon City blew up, we would escape to the neighboring city of Raccoon City and do it all over again and then the escape to the next neighboring city for the same process to repeat itself. Eventually, we decided that the entire world would get infected but then we saved it only for it to get infected again. There were plenty of asspulls with us always having the right make believe weapons and skills to fight the bad guys which were mixture of things from the game and whatever derivative things our imagination could come up with (which were often things we took from other games and movies featuring zombies or bio-organic terrors we knew and had just given a light resident evil coating to feel somewhat consistent). I think I can watch these movies only because at a certain point it's like being back in 4th grade playing Resident Evil on my Pretendo brain console.

Sorry, I only watch KNHO's.

Here's a better idea for this thread:

THE LAST GAME YOU PLAYED IS MADE INTO A MOVIE
WHAT'S IT LIKE?
IS IT ANY GOOD?

The Super Mario Bros. movie was amazing, a work of art, godlike.

Generic medieval fantasy?

Could be some Game of Thrones kinda thing, but as a movie instead of a series.
Would need to be pretty fucking condensed.

best boy to the rescue again

Video games are god awful shallow garbage compared to films. Games are not a form of art, they're meant to deliver enjoyment. Their best writing is on par with TV joints.

Chris "Punch dat fucking boulder" Redfield and Rebecca Chambers will be in it, plus Mansion setting.

This doesn't answer my question.
Am I to assume you don't play video games?

The last one I played was MoH Allied Assault, and if it was adapted to a movie it would look like the cheaper version of Saving Private Ryan.

This whole movie is kino.

It's flopkino, and looks nothing like the video game.

Well that's all I wanted to hear.
I'm not expecting anyone here to have played a game that would make a good movie.
I just wanna know what it would be like.

lmfao

europe needs to burn to the ground

It's true kino and it's exactly like the video game. The Mushroom Kingdom is actually New-York, but the game is meant for little Gook kids so they had to make it fantastical because according to Nips, America is a mythical land filled with treasures.

I like them. They're not great or even good sometimes but that's part of the charm.

REBECCA IS FOR BILLY ONLY!

Demon's Crest. This gon b gud

Odallus: The Dark Call

Cringey medieval fantasy horror that's so bad it's good.

Billy's never coming back

THIS.
Rebecca-Billy.
Chris-Jill
Barry-sammich
Leon-Ada
Claire-Sherry
Everything else is pure degeneracy!

Hes a happy family man with rebecca in my mind.

She's a Christmas cake now, user. There's a good chance she's become a cat lady too given how little Capcom cares for her.

A stunt woman had to get her arm amputated after an accident on set.

archive.is/vwWuE

The Resident Evil movies have a special place in my heart.
Back when I was in middle school my best friend at the time and I went to every RE movie opening weekend. We don't talk much anymore but I got a facebook message asking if I wanted to uphold the tradition after he saw the trailer

I thought the last movie wrote itself into a corner, yet I'm actually looking forward to what random absurdity is going to happen this time.

They do age. Just look at how old Leon got in RE4 or how old Claire looks. The three that aged the best are Chris, Jill and Barry. However, Barry was already old and Chris has been baked by the African sun.

Since Inafune hates Rebecca, I will bet that she's old as fuck if she's shown by the time of RE6 in the timeline.

I actually enjoy the movies as a guilty pleasure. They're fun to watch, but they're not the definitive RE experience. If you want that, you have to play the games.

You forgot the whole degloved face thing that's also in that article.

Did they ever explain why she was dressed like a hooker?

They're like the most inoffensive video game based movies you could put on in almost any company, and they aren't terrible as time wasters or background noise when drinking or having company over where the focus is on the social interaction anyway,

What I'm trying to say I suppose, is it's just another bland Hollywood action franchise with a watered down Resident Evil paint job. If it shows on basic cable someday I may be inclined to leave it on if nothing better is on.

OP please there's reddit for folks like you.

Spaghetti Westerns aren't good films, let alone best ones.

(Although I did watch them on Netflix because by Sithis there's nothing good on Netflix movie wise).

THE FILMS ARE SHIT AND YOU SHOULD GET OUT OF MY FANDOM IF YOU THINK THEYRE GOOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the first film was only decent one, but could have been better had they used romero's script

The fast and the furious, with eurobeat included

There's some good euro films (The Last Circus and Martyrs were probably the best to come from there in the past decade), but excluding South Korea is criminal. I Saw The Devil is certainly on par with those other two and Oldboy (2003, fuck American remakes of foreign films) is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Martyrs and The Last Circus were great

Martyrs was trash

What made you think it was trash?

tbh I dont really fancy seeing what the current developers would do with him

Already done

Well they already made it into an anime and a stage play so I guess it would do just fine as a movie

I don't even care about their games

pretentious french pseudo-art with shitty lesbo characters and a retarded plot

Never got into them, seemed like real Scyfy tier half trash. It's kind of sweet she made those for her little brother though.

RATTLE ME BONES

What this user says.

You don't come into these movies thinking there great script or anything, you come in for the action and shitty characters. You need movies like this.

So yes, i'm excited for this shit.

I think they made it pretty clear that only one character is lesbian and that they were not supposed to be good people that you would normally sympathize with. The plot was certainly strange in the last 1/4 of the movie, but I thought they did a decent job of explaining why people in this organization are so obsessed with this given how fucked up and weird it is. I think it actually makes fun of "artsy fartsy pretentious" people because it shows that the people in the organization clearly have no idea what they're looking for when the woman that ran it killed herself upon hearing how pointless all of it was.

It's debatable as to whether the ending was supposed to mean that it was pointless or so mindblowing that this somehow made the woman kill herself, but since the latter doesn't make any sense logically or within the narrative then I think you were intended to interpret it the first way.

You accidently posted Valentine not Chambers

HOLY SHIT WE GET THAT YOU LOVE YOUR WIFE BUT STOP MAKING FILMS ABOUT HER

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN CITIZEN KANE?

HOLY FUCK LOOK AT THAT CAVEMAN JAW

IIRC RE3 starts after RE1 but before RE2, so she was wearing casual wear on her way out of town before all hell broke loose.

If the director and the Alice actress werent married these wouldnt be still being made

On the other hand, most of "kino" is a punishment to watch. I'll stick with games, because I'm not a masochist like you.

Makes sense, the first few games were produced by Steven Spielberg iirc.

I like how bad these movies are, I lost my sides when they had zombies pulling wheelies on motorcycles

if only

It still hurts.

That'd be interesting, I'd like to actually see the whole war played out with a story Agatha vs. Masons

But I'll tell you what I really want as a movie; Metro 2033

But there already is a Witcher movie

I wonder what ever came of that.

Daily reminder.

Holy shit.

Wesker will probably do better there than he did in 5.

what

Ffuck my shit up.

its a friendly reminder to use protection when race mixing and or being a fagola

the green stuff is stds. dead goys are useless goys :^)

castlevania lords of shadow this shit

What's the best vidya movie and why is it Mortal Kombat

Luke Evans at least bothered giving half a decent performance in that, unlike Robert Carlyl.

HOW MANY MORE ARE THERE ?=

I STOPPED AT NEMESIS

There are 5 of them right now, the threads topic is going to be the 6th

I'm starting to realize that these women hate fictional characters because in reality they are worthless thots in comparison. It strikes deep at their insecurities. This doesn't really happen to men as much. When we play videogames filled with Alpha Males steroid hulks we don't really give a shit.

I don't trust Hollyjew to do a good job with Dark souls

No. No it's not. All generic fucking blondes, no sense of real cuteness or humor, collegehumor tryhard level scripting, no actual weight in the background stories or details in any of the set pieces, MUH MISOGYNY neuters most of the production and the actors actively defend it.

There will also be a token black girl in because fucking reasons and I'll hate hollywood forever as a result as she will be another Leslie Jones waiting to happen.

Disgusting.

Bout time another one of these movies comes out. The wife likes them unironically and I think they're hilarious to exist.

Can't wait

>friend who knows RE3 was my favourite invites me to go see it

did they get better or worse after that?

holy shit there are this many already

thought they had stopped at 4

WHY JORAH, WHY.

Yes. Both.

spot on…

Assuming they'd even get 5 minutes into making it without giving up entirely and scrapping the whole project, whatever non-euclidean turd resulted from their efforts would be more than worth the effort needed to make any kind of coherent cross-platform translation for this thing. The sheer amount of shit you'd have to do to distill it into a normalfag-friendly simplistic film that they could follow along with is absurd, which means the result would either be so shit and distant from the source that it makes Uwe Boll's work look like high art, or would never escape development hell and the only surviving result would be hilarious documentaries about trying to make this nightmare film.

I'd pay to see whatever abomination came from this futile effort, it'd be more than worth it regardless of what it is.

A Dorf Fort movie would just be Lord of the Rings starring only dwarves. Just swap out the one ring for a god-axe or something stupid, for copyright purposes.
That's what anything fantasy is anymore, really.

Just

I forsee horrid forced dialogue.

I completely forgot about that.
Though I feel Kubrick coming back from the dead would be more perfect, considering all the camera angles in the games were references to his movies.

This will be better than all the live action RE movies combined.

How does this get so much dosh.

What the fuck

Normalfags

Because other films aren't better and RE films usually get a 'favourable' release date.

Remember how they gave Nemesis the personality of Steve, so movie-Nemesis overcame himself through the power of humanity?