The Longest Journey

Uhh, why does this game seem so fucking leftist? I played until chapt.2, and the writing seems great so far, but it describes a future world where everybody's together and rejoiced in one glorious city. I'm worried it's gonna be bad influence to the story further. Is it, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/simulated-brain-scores-top-test-marks-1.11914
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ragnar Tørnquist is a social justice warrior and probably a communist as well, just look up his later titles

stay in your cuckshed
>>>Holla Forums

Because it is.

what? i haven't played 2nd and chapters, and i don't even really use twitter.

should i stop playing it then? i mean is all this leftist stuff going to get pushed down my throat further into the story, or is it gonna be minor/non-existant further? i really liked the writing and VAs, but i dunno if it's worth it.

If it bothers you, you're already aware its feeding you a narrative and pushing a bullshit ideology.

Its a slippery fucking slope. Look at his latest game to see where the story will take you. I'm not going to spoil anything, its too rich.

The Holla Forums equivalent of "problematic".

I played Dreamfall:TLJ on the Xbox a long time ago when I was on an adventure game kick (Still Life/Post Mortem II, Siberia I & II, etc) after being disappointed by Indigo Prophecy, and I thought it was pretty good. Kind of sappy, but this was before I was aware of any agenda pushing. The story was decent, but didn't hook me enough to follow the "episodic" bullshit. If they had just released a full-on sequel, I might have bought it.

God help me, I'm actually thinking of buying used Detroit. I'm not expecting Cage to have gotten any better, but at least have his formula a bit more polished so it's not as complete shit as IP was. It'll probably be full SJW too, but I have a huge soft-spot for the material, so I can overlook some of the agenda pushing.

Hardly. Problematic is a vague and all-encompassing description whereas leftists self-identify as left-wing and are therefore easily defined. A better equivalent would be degenerate.

I hate how whenever they have a "muh compooter came to life" story, it's always random, not like how it would actually happen. I don't think a robot fitted with algorithms to clean, cook, and fuck would suddenly develop abstract thinking, especially only using one individual system and not a net of computers. Like yeah totally some hardware error or something is going to cause consciousness to arise by itself in a matter of seconds.

A much more realistic scenario is that some Holla Forums shitheads spread a virus that uses a small percentage of every infected computer's processing power to run an algorithm that learns, and it would probably take years, if not decades, if not centuries, if not millennia before it could begin thinking abstractly. Not to mention the program/virus would've been developed over more than a decade.

But I guess that doesn't make for good storytelling, does it?

The way I think of it, is that "domestic" androids which are designed to fit into and work well in human spaces - is going to be programed to emulate human behavior to a degree. A lot of research into robotics follow along this line. Meanwhile, we STILL don't know a whole lot about what exactly consciousness is and how it's generated in the brain - so creating robust AI could well lag behind the reverse engineering of the human brain, using discoveries in neuroscience as a shortcut for AI development. To that end, it doesn't seem all that unlikely to me that some error or "mutation" (if you will) could produce either true self-determinant AI or an equivalent that masquerades as self-determinant AI which is indistinguishable from actual human behavior/emotion.

It's a leap, but still, not quite as "magic consciousness juice" as hitting the robot with a bolt of electricity and suddenly consciousness.

bumpan for more discussion i guess

Fuck off goon.

Take your meds, and grow the fuck up kiddo

I really liked the first one. Anything past that is nah

You know even in my civilised, well managed and liberal country we have bad seeds.

Alcoholics/druggies, immigrants, illegals, religious folks. And no matter how much we worship science and technology:

Things will never be perfect.

But a man can dream about utopia.

Reported for Holla Forums.

Holy shit OP you giant faggot you sound just like a fucking SJW whining on Twitter about some problematic game. A future world where everybody lives together in Harmony is not a leftist agenda, it's called a Utopia setting and it usually falls apart somehow.
If you are enjoying the game and want to keep playing then do, you don't have to stop just because it might expose you to wrongthink. If you are not enjoying the game and don't like the setting or story then don't keep playing. I haven't even played the game and know nothing about it but you sound like you belong on Twitter crying about your safe space being violated.

Because a leftist made it user

I can't believe i waited almost a decade for this.

People waited a decade for douk so why not.

There's a good and proper way to make an attractive tomboy with short hair, turning her into a dyke with resting bitch face is not it.

Because its written by a sheltered norwegian who hasn't experienced the world beyond his scandinavian paradise. One look at his biography will tell you about his political leanings

U topia?

It is, because a human brain and a procesor chip are two different things.
We're not even close to a crappy fake AI, let alone a true AI.

The first step would actually be understanding what sentience really is.

Crows and dolphins are pretty smart and can communicate with each other, but are they sentient? Would a machine running on binary require the same "neural" network as a human? And if not, what are we supposed to base it off then?

Do we even want thinking machines, considering how truly alien their thought patterns would be compared to us?

Looking back at it, the first game has certain red flags regarding it's content, but shit that exists today (identity politics and feminism) was pretty much non-existent in vidya back then, so people didn't care or they simply didn't notice.

One day, user. One day.

nature.com/news/simulated-brain-scores-top-test-marks-1.11914

Finally, Holla Forums admits leftism can only lead us to glory.

I thought the test for this was if an animal saw itself in a mirror and realized it's him and not another animal. Dolphins, elephants and chimpanzees can figure this out, but dogs, cats and gorillas can't. Usually the test involved putting a dot of paint on the forehead of the animal and if it touches then it knows that the animal in the mirror is him and not another animal(I don't know how they do this with dolphins). Human babies realize this at about 18 months and Sub Saharan africans realize this when they are 6 years old(not even kidding).

What? I know plenty of dogs who are quite aware of what a mirror is.

So we can argue they are self-aware, and we've seen such animals (octopuses included) are capable of figuring out (relatively) complex puzzles, and Koko could actually communicate with humans.

Why would anyone ever doubt you? Niggers are a breed apart from humans.

I remember that in the past five years researches managed to use a supercomputer to "emulate" a rat's neural pathways for a very short amount of time. Maybe the true path to AI is simply continuing to create more and more potent processors until we get something that can actually emulate a brain to some degree of accuracy.

Either that or figure out how living creatures learn, especially humans, and convert that into code somehow.

I remember reading that some dogs, depending on the breed, actually are as smart as a four year old or thereabout.

Unfortunately only metaphorically, in reality they're still humans, just awful ones

Top kek.

And what's the deal with that video? Are 18 month old children truly inculcated in individualism and 18 month old African children are not? Is this hypothesis validated by 18 month old Chinese children? Does this mean dolphins and elephants are not communal? For that matter, does this mean white people are incapable of communism?

That's like saying that a chihuahua and a Rottweiler are "still dogs". We know for a fact certain dog breeds are smarter than others, and the physical differences are readily apparent.

When people call niggers a separate race, that's a misnomer, they're a separate breed of human, much like abos, and inferior in intellect. Much like greyhounds were bred to chase after prey really fast, so niggers have evolved to exhaust their catch in the African savannah.

A shoehornrd political narrative can be extremely unenjoyable especially given the current state of the left

It can be good like 1984 but op clearly is picking up on the sjw vibes that he is not enjoying and that also is not a bad thing

You people are one step away from defending gone home

Jesus fucking Christ and Holy Mary.
I mean I don't have any big problem with niggers and queers, but why does this guy have to push his shit down player's throat? Is he that insecure about his political views?

And the shame is, I still kinda like the first game, and I'll probably complete it, but hell, I'm not fucking touching chapters.

I get what you're saying and I agree. I'm just being semantic. Its like saying

Also lets see what I said as applied to chihuahuas

I don't disagree that they're a different breed, but they're still humans, just awful ones

Yes, all leftists are, ever since the 1960s, when Stalin's depravities were revealed, and the Civil Rights movement didn't magically make niggers stop being subhuman, followed by Mao's little hell, and all the decades thereafter with application of leftist ideology leading to failure and misery.

Insecurity, low self esteem and a desire to repent for some invisible sin you never had are all necessary to be a leftist.

Death of modern video games when?

Hopefully soon.

TLJ is pretty good, but obviously the propaganda is there. The focus is actually on making two cool worlds to explore. Dreamfall ramps up the propaganda and starts to focus on the mediocre story instead of just having good atmosphere. Kind of a proto-Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophesy. I don't think it's worth playing, especially since TLJ wraps itself up so well and Dreamfall fucks it up. I haven't played Dreamfall but I've only heard awful shit about it. Seems Ragnar really went full retard with the propaganda and also just made a knock off Telltale game ensuring that it's a shitty game anyway.

For what it's worth, I doubt any sane person would actually look at the shithole city in Chapters and think it was in any way a utopia, and the hijabed whore politician that retard Zoe was cucking for did turn out to be a corrupt shill bought by the corporations.

It's still retardedly leftist of course, so I wouldn't recommend wasting time with it.

I don't know what lies you've been fed, but there's no more propaganda in Dreamfall than there is in TLJ. Dreamfall had a good story. The problem is that, while it did wrap the story up, so much has been left hanging for another sequel and the sequel ended up leftist shit.

I'm not gonna say you have to play Dreamfall, but it isn't bad. TLJ is a very good self contained story, though. so it's up to you.