Enderal thread

Anyone played this yet? Started playing a couple days ago and, honestly, it's really fun.

A quick explanation of what it is. A total conversion mod of Skyrim (think it is around 8gb?). Made by germans it recently got full support for english users. All NPC are voiced, even better voiced than the original skyrim NPC's which is not hard to accomplish
The main story, as far as i have played, is everything Skyrim tried to be, and better. Really interesting honestly. Locations are plentiful and most caves/houses w/e are really fucking big. A normal playthrough will probably be your average skyrim game, 100 hours or so. Probably more if you like it.
The combat is still shit though, magic too although there is alot of new spells
graphics are fine. The main mod uses several other graphical mods.
All music is new too.
Dragons are almost non-existant but now they are replaced by winged goat creatures people can tame and use to fly between certain watchtowers.
Instead of shouts you make use of a new leveling system where you get a point you can spend on one of three categoriez which are thief, mage or warrior. The shouts are only buffs it seems likes so far.

Not trying to shill anything, just wanted to bring awareness of this mod since i've never seen threads here before. I know most of Holla Forums looks for new, fun, shit to play and this might be it.

Dropping pics of coziest slum. If you wanna check it out they got their website at sureai.net/games/enderal/?lang=en

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.sureai.net/viewforum.php?f=207
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I started playing but stopped after a while, I was having a whole weird set of fps problems for whatever reason
prolly will get back into it with time
are there any mods to increase performance yet?

Here's the english trailer

Im running it fine, the only thing you can do atm is tweak your settings. Is your rig good? It might have been fixed now since they update it regularly

I got a shit CPU unfortunately
I guess I just couldn't be fucked tweaking the settings

Shit works on pirated Skyrim, right? I'm not letting Todd into my wallet m8.

Yeah sure, just as long as you've got all the DLC i cannot see why it shouldnt work. You dont even use skyrim to launch it. Enderal got it's own launcher where you can tweak everything

I finished this a few days ago. Honestly, apart from a couple of gaping plot-holes and intense fedora tipping, its story was far more decent than that of Skyrim. You could see that the guys who made this really cared about the world they were creating.
Also

Dropping more pics of the nature.

Yeah i love standing around in bar and inns just to listen to them.

Played through it when the German version came out. Much better than Skyrim imho (which naturally isn't that hard), but also inherits lots of the former's flaws - wonky combat system, hilariously bad NPC pathfinding, bugs galore, etc. But these are things you can't really blame on the modders.

What's slightly more annoying is that you can see the anchors for cut content all over the game because some of the script developers left the project at last minute. It's not quite as bad as in Nehrim (where like 50% of the landscape was essentially bare of quests or anything other than terrain and a few monsters), but its sad that stuff like the Rhalata didn't make it into the game.

The story is what really drives the game. No really, I think Enderal has one of the best RPG stories I have ever seen, with several nasty mindscrews (and some stuff that isn't even mentioned explicitly but blows your mind once you wrap the latter around it). I think Enderal is the first title where I would use the term "Deepest Lore" unironically.

So far i dont understand shit regarding the main plot. just got to the part after the bearded man teleportet away his whole fucking castle. But yeah i guess you're right. The plot is really interesting. And has been since the first minute. The part in the beginning where you reach a cave with the strange mechanism and that eerie musicbox song starts and then hear it again at the bearded man's castle made me feel a grand sense of mystery and eeriness never felt in a game before.

Get me a good, wallpaper-worthy screenshot of the crystal forest and I will forever be in your debt

Im not saying that the main plot is so complex that it fucks your brain. Like, i understand the cycle, extinction, lightborn, the wars and all that. But i cannot see where it is all going, and that is actually really good.

Of what i've seen so far the medium to high difference isnt actually so big. I could easily play at medium thinking it was all maxed out

I strongly suggest you pay attention to the scenes where the music box plays. It's one of those things that are not mentioned directly but can produce a nasty mindfuck if you figure it out.

I've only heard it at the location i mentioned so far. Have i missed something big? I will keep an eye out for it in the future though

you will hear it at least one more time during the main quest. It's a spoiler the size of Chicago though.

Also, I somehow made a character that looks like Wojak.

nigger you got me excited now.
also is the first part, with the father, even important to the story?

Oh fuck i remember that it might have been a musicbox playing during that first part.

Yes and no. It only is a clue when it comes to the events of the main story, but is a major factor when it comes to the more hidden mindfuck thing

Read the 'The Butcher of Ark' short story and compare your father to that of the Butcher

Help, I'm being yiff'd!

Be glad that you're not being yiffed by a myriad

Myriads are a cute.

A CUTE!

And this is what happens if you masturbate too much.

What's the most fun class combination?

Did they improve skyrim's "combat"?

Yes and no. The combat system itself is identical to that of Skyrim, so many enemies are bullet sponges. They have, however, added some new active talents that spice things up a bit - one allows you to place oil puddles on the ground which you can later set on fire, or you can just carry blackpowder kegs with you and blow them up when needed.

Also, there's no (or only minimal) level scaling. If you wander into the cave of doom as a newbie, you will get your ass handed to you big time.

Oh, and using healing magic or potions gives you "Arcanist Fever", which debuffs you (or insta-kills you if you get 100%.

Nor is there passive health regeneration outside of combat unless you eat something.

You'll get you ass handed pretty much everywhere. And you will be scared to heal because of a sickness you have which kills you if you overuse certain potions like health. Its a smart trick actually, makes you stay on your toes and switch between health-sapping magic, to bows, to sword and shield all during the same fight

I noticed this. The butcher seems to follow our journey in reverse.

But… Why? Are we the Butcher, or are we related?

lame.

Oh no, you're neither the Butcher, nor are you related to him.

There are some similarities though. For instance, the Butcher should technically be dead after his ritual suicide, and the player character probably only escaped death by drowning by sheer luck when s/he was thrown overboard right in the beginning.

It's just a mod. Not a miracle

Even a total conversion can only do so much with the base game.

They originally wanted the fast-travel system (you ride on those Myriad thingies) to be real-time, so that you'd fly over Enderal like you did when flying from hub to hub in World of Warcraft. But no, Skyrim's engine could not render the ground textures quickly enough, so it just cuts to black now.

So it's like.. An echo of the past?

Skyrim is such a piece of shit.

For it to be an echo of the past, the story would have to be real, would it not?

unfortunately I got out of the habit of hiding the UI when taking screen shots

I refuse this particular interpretation. It's a very boring way to do things.

How about a little blur?

I accidentally locked myself into a menu with the UI disabled and didn't find my way out anymore

The story is open to interpretation. Yet it seems as if all major characters are haunted by a specific thing from which they can't let go.

Lolwut.

To be fair with Bethesda between quality engine and quality combat design there is only so much you can do.
They did try to fix it by applying common sense to it (no health regen, too much potions kills you, no level scaling of mobs, leveling is done through xp and points), it makes the fight less dull but they are as clunky as ever.
They added some environment interaction (powder kegs, oil) which is nice.

Basically it Skyrim if Skyrim was made by people that have any idea what they're doing.

Its shit.

Well yeah, I didn't really expect they would, but I did kinda get my hopes up that they'd at least replace the shitty animations or something.

Are those actual skeletons or just cancerous bethesda style misunderstood application of enviromental storytelling?

Completely forgot I had this. Was going to play it but then got a new graphics card as a gift the day I was downloading so I went with other vidya.

Presumably the latter, although half of the shit is easter eggs, and it's not Bethesda this time around.

This looks cool but should I play this over nehrim?
side note: I do not care for this new captcha

Eh, I think I'll just hold off until Skyrim Remaster comes out and use that as my dedicated Enderal/Skywind install directory. My current Skyrim folder is already a bloated mess of edited plugins, alternate executables, enbs, pre-loaders, etc. I'd rather not try to fuck with it.

There will be a Remaster patch for it soon enough, and then I can start fresh with Remaster/Enderal patches on a few select must-have mods and fuck-plugins.

You can't shill something that's free.

An excellent game, OP. I beat it a few days ago (+70 hours playthrough), and enjoyed every bit.

The guys at Sureai deserve more recognition, that's for sure.

I just got to the part where you go into the ruins and find the weird machine to stop the "not reapers", the same machine in the ruins in the beginning of the game i noticed right away, oddly the character doesn't remember.
Story is really good so far but not a lot going on for side quests.

Also while the combat is the same enemies seem to have less health or DR then Skyrim, they actually lose health when you hit them.

Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLCs made Skyrim worth it for me, mods made it perfect tho

i wasn't so hot for dragonborn but dawnguard is great

if i install this, will i still be able to alternate between it and skyrim?

Yes, Enderal has its own launcher so you have to close out the game and run skyrim and vise-versa but you can.

There's an Enderal shill thread every time I visit Holla Forums's catalog tbh fam.

And it's generally phrased pretty similar to yours.

Do you mean the aged man, not the bearded man?

Yes you should play this over Nehrim.

Yeah i am also at that part. I feel the same way about sidequests, the main quest is just to interesting for me to not care about other quests. I kinda want to explore the rest of the world too. I hope there are other large cities like Ark.

Does not compute. At least claim that OP is trying to shill Casualrym via Enderal.

So this game basically disables the Skyrim.esm masterfile and runs of the enderal.esm masterfile, right?

So that means pretty much no mods work?
I would give it a try but i can't imagine playing this without mods.

Enderal is pretty mod-friendly, actually - at least from what I've heard.

They got their own dedicated forum for running mods on the TC.

forum.sureai.net/viewforum.php?f=207

Finished the main story about a week ago. The lore is orders of magnitude above Skyrim and the dungeons and caves are well crafted (although some of them still have that 'secret passage back to the entrance' shit). I'm on my second playthrough, this time I left Jespar to wait for eternity at the marketplace well, and I'm just exploring all the parts I haven't explored before, which is a great deal of the map because the main questline felt so urgent.

>tfw you'll probably never see another mod game like this come out

That lovecraftian daedra lord and his trippy world were really awesome.

Dawnguard is complete shit. The fucking teenage vampire follower alone made it shit.

I know why they did it but that's huge problem for modding. For example all mods or plugins that hook into SkyUI look for the SkyUI masterfile. But since that isn't present because it's merged into the Enderal masterfile, each one needs to be patched.

Yeah I do wonder why it gets shilled here but it's pretty obvious that it is. Maybe the mod team wants more attention.

Still, it was good that dawnguard happened because it enabled all the dracula-esque shit modders added later.

Am I on le reddit?

Really? I installed a damage multiplier and had to set it back to x1.0/x1.0 because the enemies didn't feel like bullet sponges for once. Even with just double damage I was dropping enemies in one or two hits, which is a little too lethal for me.

I kind of like having weapons do a lot of damage. I feel like it's ridiculous when an enemy can charge me after I put an arrow directly into his brain, or that I can crack a guy over the head with a warhammer 12 times and not slow him down at all.

I kinda am a sucker for "Imps more complex needs", barely can enjoy a RPG anymore without a complex metabolism for my char

seriously, why include all these foods and drinks and inns and then never use it for anything!?

Oh shit nigger, I completely forgot about this. Is it as good as nehrim? I was half worried that, in the current climate in krautland, it might be kind of shit and filled with possible SJWshit, but fuck I still need to play this. I loved Arktwend and Nehrim.

You literally just need to change the master file it`s linked to in TESEDIT (if that utility is still a thing), if it`s anything like Nehrim. If the mod places something in the world, just open up the construction set and plop it into Enderal's world somewhere.

Inns and food actually have use for a change. Inns are the only way to pass time quickly, as there's no longer a 'wait' option. There's also board games in the inns but I personally haven't really played them. Food is the best way to regenerate health out of combat unless you want to chug down tons of potions and die from Arcanist's Fever. Doesn't really get more complex than that If you're looking for survival aspects.

Is Enderal in english already

Yeah, english came out around a month after release.
I`d have played it in german rather than wait for english, but I was without my desktop computer for a month or so, and forgot about the game (just installed english, so finally going to play now).

OP here, fun to see that so many actually plays Enderal, didn't expect it.
Also, i've just realized something. Might be big spoilers
Why are there two beacons? There is one in the cave in the beginning and one prototype they built in the sun temple?
Was the first one an artifact from an even earlier civilization or was it just the "real" one they built based on the prototype we humas use?

can you give me links what i need to download and install i am lazy to do it myself.

are you retarded just google Enderal, as i've said before you just need to download the launcher, which is the only thing you even can download

They say i need skyrim first. Is that right

I'm waiting if they make version with German audio and English texts (wasn't available last time I checked)

I really appreciate when developers/publishers allow me to choose from multiple audio/text versions - like in Wicther, I was playing it using Polish audio and Czech (my native language) texts/UI.

what the fuck? of course. Enderal is just a mod
AS STATED IN THE OP, AGAIN

Do i need all dlcs too or just original?

all DLC

Wait, you can't choose german audio here? Son of a bitch. Wonder if I can mod it back in. I loved the kraut audio in Nehrim, and judging from the english trailer for Enderal, the english voice acting is fucking abysmal.

Just original, but I think you need the latest patches. If you have it on steam, it just werks. If you don't, just pirate it, install pirated skyrim, then plop the enderal launcher into skyrim directory and use it to install (you also need the compressed .gz file from the enderal site which has all the things the launcher actually installs).

Nah i think you need all of the DLC, You can buy homes and shit in enderal.

what does this mean.

OP here, no idea i just downloaded the launcher and started playing Enderal. No problems here

Are they doing this shit in english this time?

i like the cave exploring

DAMN THAT WAS TOO SLOW WE'LL HAVE TO TRY AGAIN
Who made this section of the game and did they have a chromosome deficiency

You're supposed to torrent the 8~GB compressed archive (via torrent normally) and the 33~mb launcher, and the launcher guides you through installation. Saves bandwidth on their servers and shit. Are you actually able to just download entirely through the launcher? I didn't see that option.

Eh, it was okay.
Still in the Skyrim engine, which is garbage. As for the plot.

Fuck Atheism, Fuck THERE ARE NO GODS HUR DUR, and fuck this commie shit.

In-universe, it's not so much atheism as "there are no gods" it's "fuck the gods they always suck". Arktwend was about stopping somebody becoming god (kind of), and ending up almost doing it yourself, Nehrim was about killing all the fucking gods because they were cunts, etc.

Except that (radical) Atheism actually is the main reason why everything goes to shit in the setting. It definitely more nuanced than in Nehrim.

please go kill yourself

Threads over good bye everyone

I started a thief class and I played 20 hours. After that I realized that the Rha'lata clan(its smthing like d.brotherhood) questline was scrapped and that made me stop playing. I was looking forward to it a lot.

It's an RPG. Exploring, dungeon crawling, and learning about the world are what it's about.
Morrowind had pretty shit combat, and it's a great game. The reason skyrim, and to a lesser extent oblivion, were so shit was because it was shit combat in a shit world with shit-all roleplaying available.