"GAMING" Mouse, because my old one broke

My logitech G500 died on me.
That's the second time.
Now I'm in the market for a new mouse.
I DON'T want to throw any more money in Logitechs way.

I like that the Mouse has infine ;-) Scroll, And a lot of extra buttons that i sometimes use.

Here is one that I found at my local amazon:
amazon.de/Titanwolf-konfigurierbare-LED-Farb-Beleuchtung-programmierbare-Beschleunigung/dp/B019301VPK/

It's a MMORPG mouse, which i don't care about, just needs a couple of extra buttons.
The only other thing is that gaming mouse seems to mean enough LEDs to light a skyscraper. One of the good things on this mouse is you can turn off the LEDs.

On a side note: would be good if the mouse would work on LINUX and not cost to much, since I'm currently unemployed.

Also i'm from Germany

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/1600-DPI-Adjustable-Optical-USB-Wired-Gaming-Mouse-Gamer-Game-Mice-For-PC-Laptop-/201474793111?hash=item2ee8d55e97:g:ftgAAOSwys5WWVzW
amazon.co.uk/Genius-XScroll-USB-Optical-Mouse/dp/B000EHPPZ4
gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g710plus-mechanical-gaming-keyboard
amazon.com/JMR-Group-Single-Premium-Rectangular/dp/B002F06D8G/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474423290&sr=1-2&keywords=mouse pad .25 inch
umm.edu/health/medical/reports/articles/carpal-tunnel-syndrome
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Been using this for almost 2 years now, it hasn't failed me since.

just buy a regular office mouse you dumbshit.

my god how much of a tool do you even have to be to do that

Learn to take a joke, user.

hes actually planning to buy that madcatz abomination, so my point still stands.

all you need is 3 clicks and a mousewheel, anything else is just pretentious tryhard shit.

I'm in a similar position, looking for a mouse that sports high precision, additional mouse buttons and a comparatively big size. Apparently those are features only relevant to gamers.
installgentoo has a list, however, it doesn't seem to be curated. Still, the Steelseries Rival 300 seems to be a sweet spot regarding price/performance. I lack the experience and feedback to offer an educated opinion on the mouse, though.

I haven't used a mouse in years.

I couldn't even find a normal one when my old one broke and I didn't want to wait for online shipping. It was pretty much all wireless and chibi travel mice or 300 button gaming mice with air scoops and spoilers.

Ended up stuck with some razer shit that glows and started rattling on day two only because it was the only 3 button wired mouse for miles.

MS mouse is still the best value for money, you get an optical sensor instead of laser bullshit and they come with side buttons.

A friend uses one of these but they just feel wrong to me.

I've heard Zowie mice are pretty good and aren't that expensive.

Which one, exactly?

I'm looking into getting a simple mouse, but the most important thing to me is the side buttons.
I need two side buttons I can reach with my thimb without having to move my thumb position.
Been looking at the Steelseries Rival 300 because the placement looks perfect for me.
Funny enough, the Razer Deathadder is the best mouse I've used because of the thumb button position, so I might have to go back to that in the worst case scenario.
Zowie mice kinda look like they might be the ticket, but it's hard to get them in Canada.

Steelseries Rival a best

Any optical intellimouse will do, get the one you can get cheapest of fits your hand best.

I swear by this one, user.
ebay.com/itm/1600-DPI-Adjustable-Optical-USB-Wired-Gaming-Mouse-Gamer-Game-Mice-For-PC-Laptop-/201474793111?hash=item2ee8d55e97:g:ftgAAOSwys5WWVzW
Buy 5 in one go because they're dirt cheap. Mine lasted me 4 years and counting. No more bullshit.

They're $60, but I gambled on buying used for like half of that.Whoever has it last barely even used it.

are you telling me that you couldn't lift your ass up out of your chair, walk to your nearby computer gadget store and buy a regular mouse?

How did you end up with that conclusion?

You lack basic reading skills.

G303 uses the same sensor as their flagship g400 replacement which is the most accurate on the market currently.

G302 wont. So go 303

i assumed you only looked online like some anglo pussy who's too cucked to leave his house for 5 minutes.

where do you live though? the middle of the Saharan desert? i mean shit, i live in a third world shithole and i can find regular office gadgets anywhere. how do your local business buy mouses for their computers? pretty sure they don't use Epic™ Razormemeware™ brand mouses with 500 buttons.

The sensor is good but the clicks are utter trash and often mismatched in actuation strength.
Also good fucking luck not getting one that you'll have to send back almost immediately.

The clicks are the best part of it. They have a love center of gravity and register the same regardless of where you click. It's brilliant.

No problems with mine. Try not to get cum in it.

Too bad the left mouse button breaks within 4 months.

look, this is what i use

amazon.co.uk/Genius-XScroll-USB-Optical-Mouse/dp/B000EHPPZ4

i've been using the same mouse for over a year now., the wheel is covered in a thick cape of my dried up finger sweat, but the mouse? it just works, no useless fancy led garbage or retarded side buttons.

it doesn't even cost 10 dollars

You're fucking retarded mate.
It makes a big difference if you have a 10 euro mouse sensor or a 40 euro mouse sensor. Sensors and DPI matter, especially if you play FPS games like Quake or CS.

I've been using a shitty $1 A4tech mouse for like 4 years now.

Back in the 90s, those were the only "gamers" who were taken seriously in communities.

No. Thats what happens on _insert your mouse here_. Your arguments are all templates.

I'd get some A4Tech mouse because there is a big selection and I heard the sensors were good (and have high DPI) but I don't want the chinks to install a keylogger on my PC, don't trust them.

THEN GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS STORE
THIS IS MY STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

Nah, I've had several in my hands and none of them didn't have a right click that wasn't way too sensitive compared to the left one (well except one where it was completely stuck)

Well you got lucky, I'm not the only one who had problems with it, specifically the cursor wobble on fast swipes.

Coming from a Zowie FK this thing was a disappointment, sent it back several times until I got one that worked somewhat well and sold it to someone so I could grab something that wasn't as terrible.

They're not mismatched. They have the most uniform click out there. You've never held one clearly because regardless of where you click, the travel time is identical. It's excellent.
I didn't know this was a problem people could even have. Maybe you have huge sausage fingers.

I've had lots of click failures on DeathAdders but not the G303.

Buy a steam controller and don't worry about spending a hundred dollars on a thing that's going to break.

Check it out: Seems like it is not produced anymore + it's not enough buttons for me.

need 7-8 Buttons minimum.

I get you, especially the LEDs, but i need the buttons. The "GAMING" tag is not necessary, I just don't know many office mice with 8 buttons, that's all. And yes, I use the mouse to play games.

Fuck Logitech.

I own a g500, have been using it for 5 years every day and it works fine. You're probably a retard that slams your mouse every time you die in which case save your money you fucking tard. Can't wait for autistic germans to die from shariah.

That's also my problem, the shitty left mouse button either doesn't work or makes a double click when i press it once. I thought i press too hard, because my first G500 had the same issue but it broke within 6 months so I exchanged it for a new one. And now that also broke. I swear all my mice were from Logitech till now, I never had this problem. My MX500 was pealing, but that was a common issue, after that I used the MX518 'till i lost a Teflon strip on the underside and bought this pice of shit that is called G500.

Seriously i have a PS/2 Logitech mouse with a rubberball inside in the basement somewhere that still works. And I played the Click-Orgasm known as Diabolo2 with that one.
Fuck Logitech

no one said something about competitively

last time we germans had problems with immigrants we killed "6million"™ of them and burned all of Europe down in the process.

It's almost like there's one on my desk right at this very moment, oh wait there s one on my desk right at this very moment.

Maybe you should try reading, the problem isn't that the pressure I need to apply is different depending on where I click on a specific click but that the left click isn't the same as the right click.

If both clicks were too sensitive I wouldn't have a problem with it well I still would but that would just be personnal preference and not shit QA like it currently is but the left one is normal the right one clicks just with me gripping the mouse

I'm pretty sure when the Germans killed 6 million jews it was when the Germans were immigrating to Poland. In other words, get ready for Muslims to rev up their ovens.

going on almost a year and a half now with not even an inkling of failure from my Apex. Treat your damn mice better, some logitech models are fine.

user please.

Where are you ordering them from?

JUST

LDLC
Although after the first time I just sent them back directly to logitech.

It's not even that bad of a mouse if you can get one that doesn't have any issue but I cannot recommend getting one when QA issues pop up that often. I'll admit it was probably just bad luck that it happened several times but from what I've seen issues are somewhat frequent especially for a mouse this pricy
The roccat savu that replaced it is way better imo, shame you can't get one easily outside of refurbished/secondhand

Alright, now I'm curious. What do you consider expensive, because at the Best Buy I grabbed mine from it was easily less than $40

zowie fk1.
its not some flashy piece of shit with 30 buttons. It's literally just a regular fucking ambidextrous mouse with side buttons, a dpi switch, good mouse wheel, and most importantly, a stellar optical sensor. Doesn't fall apart, either. No software to install. As far as "gaming" mice go, it's as straight as it gets

gay tbh just make keyboard macros

I just wish the left-handed side buttons worked as 2 extra ones.
My entire keyboard is already used up for Zandronum keybinds

55 bucks without shipping, I knew it was more than what I should have paid to begin with then again the logitech shop lists them for 70 bucks.

My sidewinder 8 finally kicked the bucket after ~8 years of use. I went out and got a G502 (pictured in this anime) simply because of the scroll wheel. If I'm honest, it feels like there's something off about its tracking, sometimes like the cursor is on ice or something.

Maybe you are on a high DPI setting?

I have it at 4000, like my previous one.

im a musician, i don't have time to add yet another cable to my 10 - 30 cable pile

Talked with a buddy of mine. He said that if I like the the G500 so much and only the Left Click is broken i could change out the switch inside?

Does anyone have experience with that?

That's a fucking garbage excuse.

I don't know what kind of shitty games OP plays (or you, for that matter) but you generally want a good "gaming" mouse for games like quake.

i like that mouse. it doesnt look like an overdesigned abortion, which is surprisingly rare these days.

How does a mouse "die"?
Every mouse has the same kind of mechanical weak points so you're better of just repairing your old one.

What are some gaming mice that don't look stupid

RAPEFUGEE DETECTED

not to mention this assortment of floor snakes will grow with more gear i get

heres how i use my mouse (different from game to game)

see

30 cables is okay, but 31 cables is just outrageous and unacceptable

Build a PC you fucking poorfag, best investment you can make if you are a PC gamer.

The spring is probably worn out.
you have to bend it back carefully and then put it back in.
There's hundreds of articles on this issue alone.

holy shit why would you do that to your back

i use a deathadder.
i know i know but this specific model costs rather reasonably and works pretty well.
it's also relatively large which i like, but i guess it's subjective.
for roughly the same price you can get the Logitech g400-s which is also regarded very highly.
when i bought my mouse the advice i got here (or maybe even in halfchan back in the day) is "get either a deathadder or a g400-s"

Who the fuck told you to buy a Deathadder? Or are you actually that bad at sensing sarcasm?

no need to worry about a desktop tower when i've got an ExpressCard adapter with a R7 250/GT 740 gets the job done familia

because the closest ikea is a 3.5 hour drive away and every chair nearby is either just as rickety, and the office chairs from the local antique store are too large for my bedroom
benches > chairs imo
just put a pillow on the bench and holy shit it all feels good man
thank's m8

It's pretty radical that you have a laptop with a PC card but your setup is still shit, save up some money and just buy yourself a fuckin desktop PC.

quite a few people, and it was on a chart so you know it's legit!
joke's aside though, i'm very content with it, and I recall it being a good price compared to other mice.
I should also point out it isn't showing any signs of shitting on me and i've had it for two and a half(ish) years

It was a big joke mate, the mouse is shit and gonna die soon enough. Razer always has and always will be fucking trash.

same here, switched from my logitrash g502 and never been happier

The curve on that mouse is too big and there is no way to disable the side buttons.

Poor ergonomics.

Doesn't seem like it will, but thanks for the warning I suppose.

LOGITECH BEST MICE

I have that mouse, have had it ever since my g500 crapped out (under warranty) and they sent me it. I really like it, feels great on your hand, but the sides get a bit crapped up if your hands are oily at all and they're a bitch to clean since they have a pattern on them.

They make a right handed one that's more curvy called the ec1, as well if the mouse is too big they make them in smaller sizes, with the names ending in 1 being largest and the ones ending in 3 being the smallest

the FK is probably the best option for most situations currently; although I will note that unlike with your keyboard you can cheap out and get a generic mouse with less things lost

Didn't realize that was compressed air until I watched the second vid, thought he was blowing that hard through a straw lmao

I've had quite a few different Logitech mice, but my current one is a G502 and it's probably the best mouse I've ever used to date, though it's a pain to clean thanks to the pattern on the sides like mentioned.

I also liked the G602 but the middle click on that thing keeps fucking up for me (The first one I owned eventually wouldn't register middle clicks on the scroll wheel properly, I took it back and got a replacement and a while ago it started doing it again so I thought fuck it I'll just pick up the G502 that I'm using now). So if you're in the market for a wireless mouse I'd recommend avoiding the G602, even though it's an excellent mouse other than the build quality.

It does not. There is a difference, but it's so small is pretty trivial. A better sensor will never make you better at vidya. That's just retarded.

I like my g400s.

I use a Model M with my Zowie. So I think i'm set.

Unicomp here, considering a Zowie.

Wow what a deal I sure like shit

even a plastic lawn chair is better than that sheesh

It looks like you're just a consumerist whore is is never satisfied. The ideal goy.

Except for the fact that I'm perfectly satisfied with the last mouse I got, I just don't like paying for crappy hardware that doesn't work like it should.

The old version of the deathadder lasted me like 2 years, while the new one shat itself after 6 months.

Is this a good keyboard?
gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g710plus-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

No you don't, unless you are missing fingers on your keyboard hand or are paralyzed or whatever. If you are physically able there's no good reason to have a bunch of shit bound to your mouse hand. In good games you won't want to press buttons while moving the mouse, and you'll want to move the mouse all the time.

Evidently, yes.

Looks uncomfortable as fuck.

One or two side buttons are good for push to talk and other shit. Other than that, yeah.

What's a similar replacement for a g400? Mine's not dead yet, but I've had it a long time. Probably not far off from kicking the bucket.

see

seriously not all the buttons are used in every game, but having them makes a lot of difference.
Having an extra button for the "Action" key alone is making it so much easier. I never have to press "Q", "E", "R", "F" or "G" on the keyboard.

user I can't convince you if you are happy with your 3-button mouse, I'm only saying that I won't go back to one.

Razer makes the best price-quality ones. Deathadder.

Do you know of any good mechanical keyboards?

Sad, my G602 is great.

you may have noticed that no one else here in this thread recommends wireless mice user, why do you think that is.

Got a Cobra Junior for 10 dolaru and I've been fine with it.

Feels good man.

I use a CoolerMaster QuickFire Rapid. Sounds gamer as fuck but it's a cheap, solid tenkeyless cherry blue with no frills (the older model had a bunch of hideous branding but the new one is just flat grey/black throughout). The only issue I have with it is that it came with a horrible braided cable.

Get a g400s, a razor deathadder 2012 version, or a zowie anything.
/thread

I think you mean this one.

>mfw using a G600

pic related is much better than the deathadder clickwise. the deathadder comes out of the box feeling worn out and hypersensitive… especially the left click. the naga is more of a stiff click feel, i like it. however its 1 year in and the scroll wheel is already getting wonky where the directions randomly reverse sometimes.

I only buy Nagas and the first thing THAT ALWAYS FUCKS UP IS THE SCROLL WHEEL I SCROLLED DOWN TO READ THIS POST AND MY WHEEL IS FUCKED AND I'M DOUBLE TRIGGERED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well one of my friends with a Logitech is saying how is LMB is starting to crap out… honestly I'd rather take a half-functioning scroll wheel over a jacked up left click.

g400

I the cord seems flimsy as fuck (apparently they improved that in S) and one of the sensitivity buttons (which I have binded for other purposes) registers two clicks for one at times

I've had this G502 for a while now, less than half a year. I've had it doubleclicking on me occasionally. And just a moment ago it decided to stop clicking nicely on middle click. I think I need to clean this thing up already. Used to have MX518 before this and ditched it after the scroll stopped working properly and the left button stopped responding completely. It did me fine for 7 years. It was sad to see it die that way, the thing was the most consistently working mouse I've had in a good while, and had just enough buttons. I don't even use the special buttons on G502 for video games, but rather listening to music, pic related. I've had a G105 keyboard for a long while too.

Do any of you anons also suffer from wrist pain?I started wearing wrist braces to bed to help with the pain, and I cut down my gaming time. I have been using some cheapo mouse for years now. Maybe that's why? The pain is so bad I can't write/type without feeling a sting. Any suggestions?

That thing looks ridiculous. I would be embarrassed to be seen using such a thing.

I always see you fags talking only about the mouse but not the mousepads.
I rip off old thick notebook covers and use them.
I have the impressiong that white stuff works better because more light is reflected

Hehe

Here is how I solved my wrist pain. First some backstory: I used to get pain when I had a mousepad with a thick soft wrist rest built it. I tried switching to a super thin regular flat mousepad, and I still had pain. The pain just wouldn't go away, I had it for like six straight months. There were two key things that solved my pain in the end. The 1st: As soon as I switched to a flat mousepad that was SUPER THICK my pain went away. I mean THICK… like 1/4 inch. If I use those super thin flat mousepads that you get from like WalmarT my pain comes back. Just search amazon or ebay for "mousepad 1/4 inch." Here is one:
amazon.com/JMR-Group-Single-Premium-Rectangular/dp/B002F06D8G/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474423290&sr=1-2&keywords=mouse pad .25 inch

The 2nd thing that cured my pain: A specific routine of physical therapy style wrist stretches and exercises that I found on a hospital website. They are geared towards carpal tunnel syndrome, but they will be beneficial for you. Any exercise/stretch routine is always beneficial towards preventing any "overuse type injuries." They only exception is if the source of your particular pain is something that is more serious and requires surgery… then obviously you don't want to exercise. You might consider going to a doctor if the pain is extremely severe. Anyway here is the link, it has a bunch of different exercises so just do the specifically for the wrist:

umm.edu/health/medical/reports/articles/carpal-tunnel-syndrome

Also don't keep wearing that wrist brace! That should only be a temporary thing for an acute injury, not a long term solution to whatever chronic overuse injury it sounds like you have. You need to work on strengthening and increasing the flexibility of the wrist.

Oh one more wrist pain tip, another thing I did was get an ambidextrous mouse and learn to play vidya left handed. Now I can switch back and forth between my left and right hand when one gets tired. It's not as hard as you'd think, just takes a lot of practice and sucking in the beginning. Also since I'm naturally right handed I do a lot of things like brushing my teeth left handed just to give my right wrist a break. I also play guitar as well as play PC vidya so I need to give my right wrist a break in as many ways throughout my day as possible. I suggest you consider stuff like that.