RIP THE GAME YOU LOVE TO PIECES!

A true test of your objectivity Holla Forums.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

Write a review of the game you like, but be as harsh on it as a game you hate the most. Rip it to shreds. Show no mercy. Find every last fault, no matter how small.

I can't think of a single game I like.

there is no such thing as objectivity.
your favourite game is shit.

- Gameplay is too luck based, even for a strategy RPG.
- Gameplay is very watered down with no particularly difficult mechanics to get a grasp of.
- Graphics outside of character portraits and fully-illustrated scenes are mediocre.
- Music is hit and miss on the whole, with a handful of memorable tracks and several handfuls of completely forgettable ones.
- For a game built around interacting with the units in your party, there are very few scenes of meaningful character development or purposeful events to see.
- Far too many of the characters you would like to recruit can't be recruited until it's maybe already too late to make use of them.
- Footsoldiers are completely overpowered and break the game entirely.
- The only feasible way to win the game is to save scum after every lost battle, and things like permadeath for major characters doesn't help it. The game even outright asks you not to save scum as if it knows it's nearly impossible to win without it.
- Game tries to take itself seriously while still stuffing comedy and sexy girls down the player's throat.

Name it.

then why are you here on Holla Forums if you don't like games?

Make cage traps. Now you can't lose unless you want to. What an unbalanced piece of festering shit.

Aren't loads of beasts immune to traps?

Are you telling me this isn't a board for hating game?

Holla Forums is Holla Forums but with a couple rules.

Web them.

Must be weebshit.

What game faggots?

because le Holla Forums hates/doesn't play videogames meme is my favorite one xd

My favourite game is actually amazing.
You're just another one of those entitled gamers who feel the need to say that everything new and exciting is shit because you're stuck in the past playing your fucking shitty looking toys. Yes they are toys and you're just a manchild for not wanting to spend time on the new experiences devs put out nowadays.
Like, what the fuck is wrong with you? You choose to stick with your crap pixels or low number of polygons just because it tickled your shriveled up brain as a kid?
You joyless fucks will never know the amazingness of modern videogames, and I'll enjoy it even more knowing that you're in that situation.

Battlefield?

Why are you posting an autistic Jew

Specifically 2 but yes.

Senran Kagura 2: Deep crimson
-Good giant bosses are barely used outside the first 2 chapters.
-In a game where you go through putty soldiers, there isn't much of a difference of weapons for a character outside of skins.
-Some chapters are just boss fights. I mean come on, there is a good variation of enemies in the game. But no, we REALLY have to whip Mirai's loli ass ONE MORE TIME ONE MORE TIME like some kid on a roller coaster.

I feel bad now. The game is one of the better games for 3ds. But I hear the first game was pretty trash.

In opposition to most bad reviews, the story and ending were fucking awesome. Game I'm talking about is MGSV.

THIS FUCKING FUCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

hi reddit

Pretty easy to guess but here I go anyway

Even then I'm at 600 hours in playtime and I don't think I'll stop any time soon, especially since I'm 100%ing the entire trilogy.

Supawakkadaki PANIC!: Excelsior Burst CLIMAX STAGE Afterbirth EX?

I thought you were talking about dark souls but then you mentioned grinding.

It's actually dark souls, by grinding I mean gettint souls since not only are your experience points but also the currency you need to buy shit, the only way to get it being grinding for them.

Dark Souls. I love Dark Souls too. Maybe I should go back and play through it again.

I'll try, but this game's just too perfect

>It makes most other jrpgs look bland and underwhelming

Jesus fucking christ, where do I start with this motherfucker. The road geometry sucks all possible dicks, good luck taking a turn on a hill and not getting launched into oblivion. AI is fucking braindead and pretty much stops in any turn sharper than a long 5, civilian cars actively try to suicide against your bodywork. Hitchhiker missions are fucking shit because not only do they have a ridiculous timer but also a fucking driving meter - and then there's supermodel version that almost always requires a specific fucking car which is usually a $300k+ A or G class rare shit. B and A class cars are fucking undriveable without a wheel and even with one they're a fucking handful because this fucking game has zero idea what turbos are despite the fact that there's at least ten vehicles that come with one so it's just modeled as "spin wheels in every gear other than 5/6" instead. And going off the road is like trying to take a stealthy shit in middle of a boxing match.
Oh, and the game is also ridiculously dependent on your HDD. I shit you not, if you're copying or installing or downloading something in background - get ready for a shitton of pop-ins and loading hang-ups with falling through the floor.
I fucking love this game though.

I'm fairly sure those giant dino asses are almost non-aggressive nowadays, it's been a long time since they were hyper aggro.

Here's my favorite game of all time, should be easy
Sex mods all look terrible

It's ugly as fuck, it oozes with "I'm an indie dev look at me" pixelshit.
Half the masks are fucking USELESS. Wow, I could chose between having a gun, going fast or not be able to see jack shit; I wonder which I'll pick?
The end is awful. It's a "lol why do you care about the ending XDD" type of 'ending'.
All guns (with the exception of the shotgun) are legitimate garbage. Sometimes they hit enemies but they don't die, they're inaccurate as fuck and they're way too fast. You end up draining all your ammo while killing maybe 2 people. They also cause half the fucking map to just run after you and assrape you at once.
Dogs are the most annoying enemy in the entire game. Guns are mostly useless except when you're fighting dogs because they can only be killed with guns.
Doors make this problem even worse by blocking half your shots and causing enemies to get knocked-out when you think you've killed them, leaving them to get back up and kill you.
Too many melee weapons feel the same, and weapons like kitchen knifes are better than things like fucking swords. Why? The knifes are faster. Range doesn't really matter in HLM.

Don't forget that supermodel and hitchhiker only give you those shitty clothes tokens you are gonna have too many of instead of money.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot about that.
You can't wear regular clothing on motorcycles and motorcycle jackets/boots/helmets in cars for SOME RETARDED FUCKING REASON
Also motorcycles, jesus fuck those suck so much dick no matter how you look at them.

oh yeah, and
no visual customization
back when NFS still had it

Is this pasta that I missed

I feel like this is wrong, but the fighting happens so fast it's hard to tell.

Please don't reply to bait.

Oh, range certainly has a tangible effect, but it just doesn't ''matter'.

Just kill bosses. NG+ if you really need souls that badly, and use the boss souls if you already have their weapons.

Nice trips, satan

I know that the patches fixed some of the horrendous shit in the entirety of Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith, but there's still shit like the taurus and capra demons litered around in huge clumps, or the ones located in a very narrow ledge on the way to the worm infested hallway leading to the fire ember. Topping it all of with Bed of Fun only makes me hate that part of the game even more.

This guy says it better

>never got a sequel that surpassed it in overall quality

Fallout?

Tell me about, Max Payne 3 is like one of those interactive movies. It looks cool, though shootdodging draining Bullet Time over time rather than consuming a set amount is a fairly shit idea.

HOOOOLY SHIT YOU GUYS LOOK AT US WERE SO EDGY REDGIE! BUT WE ARE ALSO SOPHISTICATED BECAUSE WE TAKE INSPIRATION FROM CLASSIC LITRATURE! FUCK YOU! Gotta love all the downgrades from the previous games! No Lock on, No taunting, No styles You also gotta love the enemies that force you to use 1/3 of your move-set. OMG its so edgy the succubus is ugly and throwing up in everyone's mountain dew! The amount of orbs you get arent counted in your completion bonus anymore because who even gives a shit anymore. Dantae is now a fucking 17 year old my chemical romance kiss boy, and any good dialogue is squandered by his FUCKING SLUR AND TONE. *Takes Medication

It's a guilty pleasure

>Two cool characters DeDeDe and Meta Knight don't get enough screentime as they should
I'm really grasping at straws for this, could comebody help me?

i wanna fug the cat

It would've been a kinda decent or mildly amusing action game at best, but tameem had to go out of their way to be so god damn pretentious about making that reboot with their "WOW LOOK AT US WE'RE SO MUCH BETTER AT STORY TELLING WITH OUR CLEARLY SUPERIOR VERSION OF DMC, OUR STORY IS 3DEEPS7YOU AND SO THOUGHT PROVOKING, COMPLETELY REVOLUTIONARY AND IF YOU LIKE THE DUMBASS ORIGINAL SAGA THEN YOU'RE AN IDIOT FUCK YOU".

At least it's fun to get some kicks out of it, especially when you factor in the DLC that feels like taking the best from the worst of Linkin Park and turning it into a videogame, like they knew that this reboot was a laughing stock and decided to just stop giving a fuck.

It's fucking 2 hours of gameplay at one playthrough at most

I didn't mind shootdodge draining Bullet Time since you could disable it mid-dive if you wanted to. Made you work a little more to conserve Bullet Time which is defeated by having cover regenerate Bullet Time anyways. That's honestly one of if not the least offensive of Max Payne 3's quirks and flaws.

Plus that's system's a lot better than 2's where shootdodging consumes nothing so you can freely spam it. That on top of having Bullet Time regenerate on its own, having you move normally in it, and the scaling effect where more kills slowed it down even more made the game hilariously easy and broken.

And yet Shenmue 1 and 2 are still arguably my favorite games of all time.

No replayability. Single player only. Combat is ass. Higher level spells are a rip-off of FF7+ summons.

It may be a meme, but it's easy to see why it exist. Anyone looking at this board would come to that conclusion

I got three, and for the multiplayer aspects in two of them, those won't get mention, it's gonna be just about the game.

Recent updates have killed community servers for better or for worse. Cosmetics have ruined the nice art style and inspired many many other games to pursue the model. Some classes are intensively overused and the devs focus way too much on those same classes, and the under used classes are barely looked at, even when they need it most. The game has some nice lore and humor but barely any of it is conveyed in the actual game and is all through the official website. Added a competitive mode while simultaneously ignoring competitive for almost the entire games life up until now. Some classes are very counter oriented while others are able to be a jack of all trades so well, that ruins the point of the other classes that need more skill to play.
Team Fortress 2

Devs are notoriously jewish, charging insane amounts for the smallest things, even inventory slots. Almost all progression is locked through RNG save for the five story missions. The lore was recently fucked with some incredibly stupid writing and revealing the mystique of characters with something that is extremely lame. The gameplay and bugs barely get worked on because the devs are too busy working on ways to jew people. There is seldom any point to the game save for near skinner box mechanics.
Warframe

The game has tons of XD lol so randumb humor and faded internet memes. The only point of the game is getting 100% and that is locked between completing the game hundreds of times and hoping RNG goes your way. The game become a slog or downright unplayable if RNG shits on you. Used to run on an extremely shitty engine, but got a rework to a good engine but one of the original devs was replaced by a team of lazy motherfuckers who probably don't even think about the game anymore. Incredibly unbalanced as a few items turn on easy mode, while other items have no right in existing and their function is done better by multiple items. Some characters are useless and are no fun to play, not even on challenge runs.
The Binding of Isaac

Fallout: New Vegas is a first-person shooter/RPG hybrid whose constant, nagging, game-breaking bugs kill it as an FPS, while the laughable plot elements (the main enemy faction is a group of white male rapists dressed as roman soldiers) prevent you from suspending even a grain of disbelief which is somewhat required for a role-playing title. While Bethesda revitalized the Fallout series by bringing it back into the hands of gamers in their signature open-world sandbox style along with a fresh coat of emotionally-engaging, dark storytelling that captivated us and kept the disc in our consoles well over a year later, Obsidian seems determined to return the series to its roots with gameplay that is simultaneously overly-simplistic, AND overly-complex (the game railroads you to a strict path for over half of the game before finally turning you loose with a semblance of freedom, just in time to bombard you with a totally incomprehensible ammo system that is never explained) and a juvenile storyline that makes light of major social issues like war, rape and slavery all with the "tongue-in-cheek" tone you might expect from the old Robo-Cop movies. The difference here is that I absolutely WOULD NOT buy New Vegas for a dollar.

Hopefully this game will mark the beginning, and end, of Bethesda's partnership with Obsidian and what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Little boy humor, cowboy robots, and sexist Romans in all.

Rating: 4 out of 10

It made me angry typing this.

The only reason they'd come to that conclusion is if they're new as fuck - they don't realize how anonymity/imageboards work and can't read between the lines.

I'm pretty sure OP was looking for something a lot less parodical.

Parody is the only flavor I could use to take a shot at New Vegas.

Yeah, we all know New Vegas was pretty good, you don't need to constantly make passive-aggressive swipes at games we already know are shit just to reinforce how good New Vegas was. For fucks sake, your Bethesda fan impression wasn't even coherent. I was going to follow you up with some kind of todd meme, but instead your post was so shitty I'm legitimately annoyed.

Indeed I was.
No parody reviews, no "feminist" reviews.
Just as a review as if you hate the game you love.
When you love a game you generally look past or minimize it's flaws, while focusing on the virtues. When you hate the game you do generally the opposite.

New Vegas

I'm talking about Thief The Dark Project and I still enjoy this game despite its flaws

I don't know why the fuck my post was in response to but whatever, stranger shit has happened in the past

not a flaw tbh

Without the fanmade port/patch that came about 2 decades after the game released, the game is extremely clunky, laggy, and a bug sets the difficulty to the easiest setting.

Alrighty:

New Vegas really does railroad the fuck out of you right from the start. You can be tricky dumping a bunch of points into sneak and using a stealthboy to bypass the cazadore valley or by taking a certain route through Black Mountain and hopping a fence, but other than that, you MUST play the first part of the game in a certain order. The game is also pretty fucking ugly. Unless you mod the hell out of it, it looks very dated and empty. Emptiness is actually one of the issues with NV's exploration. The world isn't designed fluidly like Beth's titles where the individual locales sort of 'mesh' into the overall map. New Vegas is a bunch of locations scattered across a BARREN landscape which I guess can be excused by the fact that it takes place in a desert, but it still looks bad.

The writing is also very hit-or-miss, which puzzles me as it's usually the most lauded aspect. Some of the characters and quests are very well-written, but a couple characters feel extremely soap-box-y, basically exist just to espouse views held by the writer or to illustrate a real world point. The celebrity voice actors are also really irritating, with one in particular being almost unbearable and ruining the follower she's attached to.

Some of the skills are extremely unbalanced as well, with some being catch-all solutions to nearly every quest (speech) and others being only useful in very specific circumstances. The factions are similarly lopsided. The NCR for example, finds their way into almost every major questline in the game, while the Legion, supposedly their equal, only shows up in the form of roving boogeymen hitsquads and the rare camp situated on the eastern side of the map. The Legion as a whole are terribly underdeveloped and you can almost feel the cut content.

I can't find anything objectively wrong with it. From a mechanical, visual, and audio standpoint this game is incredibly strong. It is a game which only has a survival mode, though ripping on a score attack game for not having enough content is more or less subjective.

I guess if you're the type of person who enjoys scouting a level and committing everything to memory or drawing out your own detailed maps, then I can see how you'd consider this a welcome feature. I just don't like that my map doesn't update to reflect areas I've been to or even give me a sliver of information at all aside from some series of abstract shapes that are meant to represent the level layout. It's a matter of convenience.

then why did you post, this thread is for ripping a game you like, not saying that it is impervious to criticism.

I'll chip in with a different argument - in Thief you can't really have an updateable map because it would break suspension of disbelief. Garret doesn't haul around pen and ink(and there's no pencils either) and his information is rather scarce to begin with which only gets worse further into the game as you start getting into places that you really should not be in.

he just wanted to say his taste is better than yours coz his fav game is literally perfect, leave him alone you bully

I respectfully disagree, user. You're right, Garret doesn't run around with ink and a pen handy, but he does carry an arsenal of weapons and gadgets, along with all the gold, trinkets, diamonds and jewels, and anything else he wants to carry around with him. How is it any more believable that a single man can carry around with him all this shit at once? I imagine he just sticks it all up his ass.

Gothic 2 (NOTR, duh).

If you get strong, you now face way stronger enemies.
If you start crushing them, you start facing even stronger ones and the "weak" ones are now clustered together in groups of 5-6.
Examples: AI kills a wolf then talks to the dead body, saying "So much for you, filthy beast."
Example: you can kill the dragons in whichever order you want.
However, if you don't kill them in an exact order (which isn't specified except in a riddle, you have to google it beforehand), the dragons are unkillable, leaving you unable to complete the game without cheats.
Example: the black troll, the strongest creature in the game (except for the bosses), can be beaten at lvl 1 without taking any damage. Your leftwards/rightwards "crab" walking is faster than his so you can stay behind him and poke him in the ass for 2-3 minutes until he dies, even if you are lvl 2-3 with a shit weapon.

No positives since it's a roasting contest here.

Devil Daggers is an indie game that takes indie to a new level. Bland visuals and repetitive gameplay curse this game. Once you play a couple of hours of this game that is the entire experience for you unless you really enjoy doing the same motions endlessly.

because it's a game, games aren't realistic

It is more believable because you can pack this shit in a bag in a soundless manner.
Meanwhile you can't pack in a bottle of ink without risking a spill of some sort.

exactly my point

Ok, fair enough. I can see where you're coming from with this argument. However, perhaps they could've done something else to allow the player to update his map? For instance, they could've hidden an updated map somewhere in the level not sure if they did this with some levels, I've just finished the Thieves Guild so I could be wrong or they could've allowed you to go into areas where there is pen and ink available, and give them a contextual use that allows Garret to quickly jot down new information on the map.

Just a few ideas, would be better than what is in the game now.

Fucking kill yourself faggot. So sick of that piece of shit being shilled here. Seriously, fuck off already. I'm not buying your half assed mini game.

I can't think of a single bad thing about it. Other than the guy who named the game made a mistake when naming the series meant to call it Hang Off.

ARMA 3
Once you finally get past the pointless launcher that takes years to load you are greeted by a second loading screen that puts the first to shame.
Now it's time to find a server full of screaming children that have no idea how to play objective based MP and endure the 3rd and longest load of each session.

Congratulations you have made it into the game! Now it's time to try you the clunky controls and retarded context sensitive action menu that will make you pull out a pistol instead of opening a door, a problem I often have in reality and has lead to some tense visits to the bank.

Now it's time to enter the battle, you step off towards the AO only to realize it's 3 fucking kilometers away. The solution is simple, stand around the spawn for 5 minutes waiting for someone to pick you up in a chopper so they can then crash into a tree and send you back to spawn again.
If by some miracle you actually do make it to the AO you might get to run 10m before being killed by a sniper from over 1km away.

Don't despair as there is a great modding community that make helpful mods such as ACE advanced medical where you need 4 years of med-school to stop your leg bleeding after you get teleported though a 2nd story wall.

Verdict
All this considered I give ARMA 3 8 / 10 because it's the only game in it's genre

Capcha stole my pic

It's Valkyria Chronicles, I know it's that one because I disliked almost every bit of it and know each and every flaw.

Can you guess what game it is?

i miss early s4

Valkyrie Chronicles?

This is actually easy;

FUCKING UNBALANCED CHUNK OF HORSE SHIT

Dankest Dongs

100% fucking untrue. HM2 does have some enemies that require being shot but the dogs in HM1 can definitely be killed with melee weapons.

Xenogears

That doesn't sound at all like a roguelike.

Don't even get me started on this fucking garbage. I'm not even going to go into the reddit tier hipstercuck fanbase because there's so much shit to address about this garbage-ass game, so lets just start with the most important part:
Oh boy one of those "action" games where you only have like 3 attacks, you lock on to enemies, and its got fucking RPG mechanics just to make you feel like you're actually becoming better at this trivial shit. The only reason retards think that this game is hard is because they're too fucking dumb to realize that when an enemy attacks you, you need to dodge or block so you don't get hit. Literally everything that makes it difficult is just managing your small health/stamina pool which is trivial for anyone with half a brain. Of course if you don't like the babby-tier melee combat you can try archery or spells, but then the miniscule amount of brain power it takes to make sure you always have health/stamina is gone because you can just sit back and chuck projectiles at your enemies. On top of this, you're encouraged to summon other players to help you because somehow this shit just isn't easy enough and at this point I feel like I'm losing brain cells every second I spend doing this shit. Fuck this simpleton gameplay, it truly has no redeeming qualities
You mean the tiny areas with maybe 15 enemies between each checkpoint? Or do you mean the shit in the second half that is blatantly unfinished? The tiny amounts of quality that the game does have in the first hand just goes off the fucking cliff in the second half. The bed of chaos is worse than the worst Zelda fight it's so fucking retarded. How did this make it past QA testing? And of course the final boss that got hyped up in the "loar" so much is a complete letdown where all you do is press the parry button 4 times to kill him.
What story?
Generic choirshit that I've heard a billion times because its in every shitty fantasy game out there
Ooh look a knight with a sword, ooh it's a skeleton, oooh wow look I'm fighting a dragon this is so cool. God I hate generic fantasyshit, why can't these faggots just slightly creative for once in their lives and make something that isn't wholly derivative of the most common fantasy shit out there? And on the technical side I shouldn't have to turn down the brightness of my fucking monitor whenever I go into the lava area, the hardest boss of this game is the fucking bloom that burns your eyes out.

tl;dr overrated shit that only redditors like

Shit we did the same one but very differently

It's a softer roguelike aimed at children because it's a spinoff in a franchise made for children. While the emphasis is on story and visually appealing setpieces, the gameplay is fine. Easy (until after the main story), but nothing too wrong with the gameplay except for ghosts attacking you through walls

So you are a redditor?

Fucking beautiful

I thought we were supposed to insult games that we liked, and that the insults didn't have to be entirely accurate.

DaS is well loved by redditors for sure but they also like breathing oxygen, that doesn't mean breathing oxygen is bad.

You are my greatest ally, user.

fiah emburem?

Mario maker… nevermind it's already done

Its easy to figure it out. But I can't go a year without playing through it at least once. with mods this becomes mandatory but the flavor is still there, it cannot be beat

-The end game is literally nothing but bosses, to the point I asked /senran/ how many fucking final bosses this game needed
-The Yoma bosses that aren't XBOX HUEG monsters are literally just the playable girls with different skins and voices
-Even if the gameplay is a vast improvement from Burst, you can still go through shit easy with dive attacks, since you usually can't get combos off on bosses
-In a game that you can coast through easily, fucking True Orochi is unfair as fuck during the first few attempts. The hardest boss before that is Dogen, who's a bit near the start of the game
Daidouji is best Senran

Go back to /a/.

name it

That's not objective user

FUCK THE CAMERA IN ROCKET ROBOT ON WHEELS

OH YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE A SERIES OF PRECISE JUMPS? ENJOY IT SWINGING AROUND IN A DISORIENTATING FASHION? OH YOU WANT TO MOVE FROM POINT A TO POINT B? ENJOY THE NICE VIEW OF THE WALL. OH YOU NEED TO DROP DOWN AND GRAB THE LIGHT ORB BENEATH YOU AT EXACTLY THE RIGHT TIME? I HOPE YOU GOT THE TIMING DOWN RIGHT BECAUSE YOU MAY AS WELL BE DOING IT WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED

that was hard

-Fairly Steep learning curve, unwelcoming for newer players coming into the genre
-The two main factions have very different styling, but actual gameplay difference is minimal
-Gathering resources is time consuming, no way to speed it up
-AI scaling will punish you for doing too well
-Voice acting comes off as emotionless, robotic
-Has not aged well in the graphical sense

joke's on you, my favorite game is Oblivion

How can you justify your love for the game you just shat on?

You're a hypocrite Holla Forums.

This thread made me realize I don't have a favorite game.

I think I just hate video games.

What am I doing with my life

/board

If loving something isn't having the worst aspects of it shoved in your face and still loving it after, then I guess I don't know what love is.

Sengoku Rance?

But what if I love The game which cannot be named?

Nah, you're just a bum with no convictions.

Fucking own it you faggot. It's okay to love a game knowing the flaws that the game has.
It's not okay to ignore the flaws and call anyone who points them out any sort of stupid new age gay insult meant to disparage them for not liking something.

I'll try to avoid subjective bits except where it specifically applies to me. I fucking love this game but I'm gonna give it the business where it's warranted. Incoming wall of text.

Character limit, hold on.

Continuing.

I still love this game and wish there was something like it on PC. But I really tried to dig deep and find objective flaws and personal annoyances with it.

Doesn't take a lot to name flaws of a game you love i think. People that love a game will usually be the most pissed about its flaws, it's just that they rarely speak about it. Usually on an imageboard you'll see them reacting to someone going

smug.png

and then they'll defend it because in their mind obviously the overall positives outweigh the negatives

Tell me user, why are you on Holla Forums when you could be playing a video game?

By splitting one's attention across several stimuli like say a game, the TV being on, music blasting and some light shitposting - one's reached the optimal means of killing time without admitting of being too chickenshit to get a job and be a productive member of the society jump in front of a bus go outside.

The additional benefit of multiple distractions comes from how their overlapping allows for them to remain distracting despite actually lacking the quality they'd require to occupy one's time if "applied" individually.

I still fucking adore this game, but I'm not going to claim it has no flaws, plenty of shit is fucked. The fact that the Trilogy version with wiimote controls is even more obnoxious to control, has even more fucked difficulty settings and gimps the various graphical effects that made the original impressive at the time, rather than fixing any of the original flaws, doesn't help.

You want to know why Holla Forums is especially of video games in general? Not because "Holla Forums hates video games", but rather the opposite - Holla Forums loves video games and hates seeing what they've become.

You did better than I could have, with that particular game–one that I love. I can't even agree with all of that.

>May or may not be short, but definitely feels that way

This, 100%.

At least for me, if there is a game that I love and there are things about it that I absolutely hate, I'm GUARANTEED to rip it and its developers for those things.

Speaking of which, another one:

>Item use animations are senselessly lengthy: when facing an extremely dangerous enemy dozens of times your size (one nearly fixated on your demise) but need to use a consumable, you do not have the time to strike a pose/stand there and reflect on how good that consumable tasted or made you feel, but you will anyway

>Considerably shorter than its predecessor because you move faster and backtrack less mid-stage
>Golden Passage's music goes unused because you start on the frog switch
>The only use for CD's is for nonsensical or spooky 'music' with a couple exceptions

My favorite armor is meant for mixed set shenanigans, but I can't bring myself to use it as anything but a set. Sucks, man
While they're silly, there needs to be some way to prevent bruteforcing. Just look at healing Hunting Horns and parties that actually use lifepowder- the only thing that can stop it are stupidly powerful attacks that make it more trouble than it's worth
And other enemies in general

I agree wholeheartedly–you can't have people spamming restoratives, that'd remove much of the skill requirement. That's not to speak of what you just referenced, or what the new game brings to the table.

I just wish I had something like a cooldown on the item–instead of looking at my idiot character flexing in front of a giant death machine, mentally urging him to come to his senses and MOVE.

What's your favorite armor? Pic related is mine. Favorite in general, actually.

I loved this game so much that I made a goddamn annotated longplay of it which you should watch, but it has more problems than I can count.

>Your character, D CO-9, gets completely screwed over in the end

oh right, also Miradmoore being an annoying-as-shit water level was also a right ass.

You need to flex after eating healing items for it to spread around your body since it quickly enters your bloodflow

ah that makes more sense

Akantor R is what I was referring to, but Brachydios (and Brachy X) also have a special place in my heart. Others of note are Nerscylla X, Lagiacrus, all the Tetsucabra gear .. I could go on. There's a lot of really cool designs, and it's a damn shame there's no costume function. MH4u was my first game, so I'm biased by ignorance.

It was probably my 5th RPG and the one that really got me into the genre. My first was Dragon Warrior 1 and my second was Dragon Warrior 2, both on Gameboy.

I've never beaten DQ1 or 2 and I bet I can just load up the old emulator to play one.

I am still pissed at how they remove evade extender from Lagombi.

I used that armor until G on MH4 as a HBG user and it grew on me.

Jagged Alliance 2
Fucking amateurish shit that only nostalgia-goggled faggots will like. Play a real RTT game.

E.Y.E

This is a fucking lie, Drassen counterattack is a 1.13 feature.

u wot m8. When Bobby Ray's is first available it's still pistols and shotguns. If 1.13, then just set the setting to lowest.

lel

Ha this is easy
That all being said, it's the easiest game to get into for the TXR series, the writing is still stellar, checking the PA's is comfy and makes doing most the wanders a cinch, it has a car detail that wouldn't be matched till fucking FORZA 6 on the boned and even then this still has great customizationOver all an 7/10 that's so charismatic you don't care and think it's the best thing ever.

shitposting

But I disgaree with Holla Forums's assertions that new games are all crap (and that most old games are also crap..and that everything is crap unless it's part of an an0ns Hall of Jacking Off).

I don't see new games as shit (well….sometimes). I see them as different.
90% of all complains I see here are subjective

I'm really having a hard time coming up with these

that's always been the case it's just that outsiders such as redditors keep saying "Holla Forums doesn't like video games" and we made it a meme

I looked it up. Apparently the cutscene after taking Drassen in vanilla is only a bluff. They send regular patrol forces just like any other city being taken.

I still don't like how fast Bobby Ray's progresses even at lowest availability and scarcity, and I think the prices should be higher. It's somewhat balanced by the now-present Drassen counterattack but you can just leave the middle square alone and essentially own the town without triggering the invasion.

dis tbh playa, nice classic PA btw slime u use pipe 4?

Cave Story:
2 much exposition in da beginning
no way to change loadout b4 hell or even bloody cavern making u pick one gun fo da whole game pretty much
not long enough
sequel neva eva fam iz bad pixel played us w/ dat kero ish fam

Should be easy to guess.

I'm not supposed to like it, but the music is nice and some guns are fun. Guilty pleasure at its finest.

Nonsense–doing that isn't going to do anything regarding digestion and circulation.

MH4U was also my first MH game.

Choices aren't bad at all. I do not recognize the green one–is that Tetsucabra armor? If so, MAJOR step up from the skipped-leg-day design

That second armor is Nerscylla Z (Nerscylla GS is one of the best-designed GS I've ever seen; looks like an actual sword, rather than a piece of stone/metal/bone hewn sharply and into a roughly weapon-like–and frequently stupid-looking–shape). I was going to farm for it…until I saw that Health -15. In a game as unforgiving as this one, why? You can't even gem it out.

Tidal Najarala armor wasn't bad either–just didn't fit my tastes (completely covered face was, as with all other armors that featured it, a good choice).

Being as big a Brach fan as I am, I was also going to farm the rest of his gear, but by the time I was in the position to, MHG was right around the corner–and my friends were already prepared to move on to it.

In a comment section, I actually suggested something like a costume function, with the ability to customize those armors' abilities using monster parts. Of course, it was shot down (with little to no sensible reasoning) by a purist who probably swore the game was perfect.

Lagombi armor looks as comfy as you'd expect. And like it ought to be complete in the item box of any female character.

This game makes my dick hard. The sequel makes me jizz.

Where to begin about this game? There are so many bad things about it that we may as well just say the good things: mods. The combat in this game is flawed and boring to its very core, magic is uninspired and there's no difference between killing a demon lord or a regular bandit since they both fight the same and level-scaling prevents any kind of progress from affecting the player.

What about the world? There are a couple of interesting places that get boring fairly quick, but then there's an immense mass of boring 3d land with boring 3d trees and no variety whatsoever. Interaction with NPCS is somewhat ok, but then except relevant npcs from quests all of them interact exactly the same and have this stupid mini-game where persuade them WITH A SPINNING WHEEL OF PERSUASION.
It's so wrong it isn't even fun to joke about how bad it is. Stealth is easy at first, cheap and overpowered by mid-game. Alchemy is a static, even more boring version of magic.
Voice acting, while good, gets irredeemably boring because there are like five actors playing the same characters all over again.
5/10. I've seen worse.

This is where you dropped the fucking soap and now you are getting your nigger ass raped in the showers: there are no new experiences in vidya

Is all the same all shit

Every game is either a TPS or FPS

Every game is in easy mode

Every game must have shitty writting combined with overpayed voice actors

Gameplay doesn't matters, cinematics do

Nothing runs at 60fps anymore

Also fuck you shitty ass faggot cartoon you diaperfag