Metal Gear Survive

Fresh gameplay video with subtitles. I'll let you watch it, I'll say what I think later.

What the fuck is wrong with them?

Damn i'm pissed now.

KONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMI

Keep going, you can get far more pissed off.

The people in the chat watching in live were wondering if it's just PARTS of Afghanistan they were using, or if the whole map was reused with minor changes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think the barrier kill at 2:58 was something that was probably going to be in Chapter 3, but didn't get finished in time.

You'd be totally right, if they showed off the much smarter nonzombie enemies in this demo They don't show a single one, if any enemies with decent AI even exist

Its all reused assets it seems, and there are some actual shills in the commebts of the video already. They all have similar names and metal gear user pics as well as praising konami
Two i spotted

Sorry about the capcode, just wanted to annoy some 4 am faggot.

I like it.

I like survival co-op games.

It's as lame as expected.

Also filter all tripfags by their code and ID.

It looks nice I suppose. For what it's worth it seems to be co-op Phantom Pain which is alright by me. One thing that I'm on the fence on is the Snake eater injury system. I'm all for limb damage but I'm not really a fan of the menu heavy approach SE had.

The whole thing seems very much like a huge chunk of cut content that didn't make it into the released game.

I'm pretty sure that the body part damage mechanic was supposed to be in MGSV.

This seems like it would be really cool if the enemies were Lovecraft horrors instead of generic fucking zombies.

I didn't hate it nearly as much as I expected. it might end up being sorta fun for a few hours.

Maybe it'll be worth a pirate, who knows.

Read nigger read

It really should have been an animated scene like in Far Cry, only slower, so you actually have to think when and where to start healing yourself, if at all.

Carrying a crippled teammate that doesn't have the time to heal, and you can tell has damaged legs, would be a pretty sweet mechanic.

Agreed.

Also going further into the video I'm disappointed the zombies don't look to pose much threat during the defense phase.

Yeah, they seem to ignore the players completely in favor of attacking the antenna, plus, guns look weak as shit, that chick with the bow was basically useless, while the sword looks to be incredibly powerful since it can hit multiple opponents and stunlock them.

See, if it was just that, I'd honestly be happier. But TPP had soldiers, tanks, vehicles, and all these other things that just seem to not be in this game at all. I mean, if they show off all 4 players on D-Droids or in jeep, it will be MUCH more interesting. Also there is the fact that the enemies have been downgraded to zombies. It means all the interesting AI things soldiers did in TPP are not present, and if it's just zombies and monsters, will you even have real engagements with human enemies? I think the problem is because the soldier AI in TPP isn't equipped to handle 2 or more players. They'd have to do a lot of work to do things like have soldiers overwelmed by lust at seeing all the players in boxes with sexy pictures on them. So, instead of doing ANY WORK, they just made them zombies, because zombies are brain dead.

It just doesn't seem as interesting a sandbox as TPP offered. A far less interesting sandbox that you get to share with others… not great.

I don't see how this will compete in quality against things like Dead Rising 4 and State of Decay 2 (and that Sony zombie game I forget the name of), all of which have more interesting mechanics to the zombie fighting and also have co op (well, maybe not that Sony game, but it might).

Feels good not hearing the kind of 'person' that willingly be attention seeking whores on anonymous forums.

Dead Rising 4 looks to be nothing but pure shit, I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

But I agree, especially since they didn't really have much of a climax, all it was was the four players running away like a bitch.
For the "most common enemy" the zombies didn't really look like much of a threat or a challenge and the melee combat looked very unsmooth. The spear had my interest in the cinematic trailer but here it looks very "meh" and the machete looks to be Drakengard levels of combat. The infiltration part looked very promising but the rest just fell flat on its face.

To be fair we have no idea what other enemies there will be. I can easily imagine a human faction and beefier zombie types make it into the game.

Then again, this is Konami.

Smoother gameplay? Because one thing no one can deny is that MGSV plays wonderfully, it's a crystallization of 20+ years of gameplay refining. Too bad everything else is shit about it.

lot of reused assets
I do like surviving thou
better be some deep and intense surviving before I look into.

Here's what you so desperately crave, i know you will unhide my ID to read this.

You're an idiot.

The parts that were already in TPP still look smooth, yeah. But everything new… no, not really. Even though State of Decay was a MUCH rougher game, the second DLC was almost EXACTLY what this is: Open map, gather supplies, deal with a horde. Except it also had survivors you can rescue and vehicles (which one can hope at least the latter is in Survive as well). Survive will have to impress with the weapons you can build later, nothing fancy was shown off here. Like another user mentioned, if there are mechanics like carrying wounded teammates, that could be very cool.

But with just what we have been shown so far, it's very underwhelming. The only AI trick shown off at all was the sheep, and that confirmed that there are no helicopters in Survive, and all fultoning will be done with wormhole tech.

Fair points, though I can't say I was that impressed with State of Decay.

I did like the idea behind it, but the execution left a lot to be desired, especially with the real time clock bullshit, on top of the lackluster aspect of pretty much everything else. I can only hope the sequel does a better job of it, or at least leaves room so modders can fix it and we can finally get a zombie survival game that isn't shit.

Fuck off

Especially fuck off

I think some of what I liked most from State of Decay was the whole survivor system, where you could end up needing to leave your stronger characters to rest a while, and really manage your group inventory. Even recovering a dead character's backpack was vital at times, and (at least the more open ended DLC, as I never played the vanilla game) had a lot of ways you could approach surviving with different bases and such. It was problem riddled, so I hope they do a much better job with 2, and just refine what they had going for them.

I think if I'd want anything in particular that State 1 didn't have that Survive does is the anywhere fortification building. As it was I pretty much just used cars for barriers and killing some of the absurd special infected I didn't have enough ammo for. Though in State of Decay it would probably work best as an assignment you can give a survivor that they pour time into, instead of something instant.

If Survive can give me:

Then yeah, I'll give it a closer look.

yOU KNOW WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST? THIS HAS THE MULTIPLAYER ASPECT THAT MGSV NEEDED SO MUCH, THE HABILITY OF TAKING MOTHERBASE SOLDIERS WITH YOU ON MISSIONS, KONAMI CLEARLY CUT FROM THE RETAIL VERSION

YOU CAN ALREADY SEE THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE LACED WITH MICRO-TRANSACTIONS ALA JAP STYLE FULL PAY TO WIN

and when it launches there will be anons defending it, so if you liked it kill yourself preemptively

I actually have seen anything imply you'll get to bring AI troops with you. That would be interesting, but feels like it would be too much work for Konami to finish that up, even if work had been done on it. Remember, this is a cash grab, they don't want to spend more money than they have to.

Wormhole devices I never thought were an actual historical thing in TPP, more of an extra the player gets for easier transport of goods when they finish the game.
The map itself is an exact rehash of the Afghanistan area I'd say.

You must be in hog heaven recently.

I honestly don't mind some aspects of it but it looks like it's going to get repetitive fast
One thing that's really irking me is the complete use of asses from the TPP
If you're gonna pretend it's a new game at least make it look nice

But those were some high quality diamond asses.

Joking asside it seems to be that everything that isn't recycled is very low quality or lacking(from purely an animation standpoint check out the machete, spear and bow animations, as well as the zombie grabbed my leg animation.

Also is dollchan bugged for anyone else? It keeps giving me errors.

It could be cool if there's some MohHun styled missions were you're taking out large monsters or someshit; I kinda miss PW's vehicle missions, and I really miss having bosses.

Is this multiplayer only or singleplayer?

Does this look singleplayer to you, m8?

Well it seems to have its own story missions and I've read that players can play singleplayer.

I was actually excited to see if they would make Mother Base construction more interesting since it would be about creating more defenses against zambino attacks.

Now it just seems like a slap together of maps and assets to turn it into a coop game.

Single player games require content.

I'd expect the Mother Base building from V with a side of "anti-zombie" reskinned equipment and defenses.

calm the tism

Gameplay doesn't look all that bad… If only the whole setting and premise weren't so goddamn retarded.
It should have been a part of base MGSV, though.

Cool. I'll get this and play with some friends.

It isn't even autism in this case, resources being incredibly scarce to the point where you need to resort to your own designs is an important part of the theme of any zombie survival. If the resources that were dropped were simply a full-blown machine gun then it would make even less sense, the outside world can transport things to the zombie world with very high accuracy and the survivors are capable of using portals to travel around the zombie world and to even send messages to the outside world. Whoever is sending them that shit is a huge plot hole because there is a very clear two-way communication. And the ones sending them the shit obviously don't seem to mind dropping expensive equipment using even an more expensive technology that they themselves developed into random signals they recieve from portals with no information whatsoever what the fuck they are even doing.

What the fuck get out

The supply drops are being sent by Big Boss

When you beat the game your brought back to help build Outer Heaven

The issue with that however is that, since Big Boss knows what is going on, they could transport additional troops by portal and even a portal scientist or two so they could speed up the process of saving his own men. And it would be much more cost-effective as well since that would result in less survivors going on suicide missions just so they could get a machine gun they would use to keep the transmitter safe and end up accomplishing absolutely nothing other than weakening themselves by wasting resources.

N A N O M A C H I N E S S O N

But nanomachines or parasites

Maybe it works on reverse Terminator rules and he can't send living matter.

Yeah it really feels like they just used left over shit.

Except that every single other case of portal use seems to suggest otherwise, in MGS:V nobody really sees an issue using portals as a substitute for fultons and neither do the survivors in Survive. The portal bringing them to zombie land at the start makes it clear that it is possible to transport human beings across that distance along with their equipment without injuring or killing them. It even managed, according to the trailer, bring a fuckhuge portion of Motherbase completely intact so even if the portal in the trailer simply bringing them across alive because it was big is the excuse, it would make perfect sense for it to be viable simply for a smaller number of people to be transported using technology instead.

This video reminds me there was one feature in PW that wasn't included in MGSV.
WHY THE FUCK WAS THERE NO COOP IN MGSV!?
MGSV WOULD'VE BEEN A PERFECT GAME FOR COOP AND MORE COMPLEX MISSIONS WITH HOW OPEN THE FUCK MAP WAS!
IT WOULD MAKE SENSE IN THE CONTEXT OF THE GAME SINCE IT WAS ACCEPTED IN PW!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

I think the ideas and realization are very interesting, and if pulled off right it might actually end up good

However

I'm cautious, but at this point I got nothing to lose

Its pretty much a given

It doesn't look that bad, but that's because they're using the fox engine and all the gameplay and assets are stolen from MGSV
You can already see the cracks in it from the subpar dev team, like that horrendous foliage pop in at the beginning

Really this would be pretty kick ass if it wasn't yet another wave defense zombie survival thing, even CoD knows that gameplay concept isn't good enough to be more than a side mode
Maybe there's more of that infiltration shit and other mission types and those defense missions aren't the main type of gameplay they're going with, but I highly doubt it

Also
This overuse of the completely anachronistic and not even canon warp portals is fucking hilarious

Well a transmitter wouldn't be all that weird, since radios are relatively simple constructions. The issue with the transmitter here though is that it sends some magical beam through the portal rather than doing what a normal transmitter would by simply being loud in all directions.

I still can't get over the fact that METAL GEAR has descended to the point of zombie game, fuck you Konami

I think they're going to go full retard with the wormhole thing just as 4 went full retard with nanomachines.
Shit I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in previous characters and write it off as wormhole ghosts.

It is metal gear after all.

Stop. Don't make me think about what could have been. It only makes the pain worse.

is this MGSV?

Remember, Kojima thought about making a zombie game
They're even stealing and shitting on his ideas

Hell, they'll probably do that just so they can reuse more models and animations
Get ready to see grand appearances of zombie dog, romero ocelot, and not quite quiet

trust me, it's far more superior than this survive shit.

It's stuff like this that makes me sure that if Kojima announced Survive everyone would be lapping it up.

Because it would be better than this generic shit

Looks good

We'll never get it back……

Uh huh. Sure.

Because it was pitched as Revengeance 2, you fucking casual

Wow you are so smart user.

There are gmod star wars rp servers that hit 100 regularly, it really depends on what's popular at the time.

RP is shit though and TTT is filled with 12 year-olds

Looks pretty fun

With zombies? Were they trying to go the Yaiba route?

I'm just saying after MGS3 the quality of MG games dropped severely and it's obvious that the entire team just wanted to be done with it. Now if they made a zombie game they'd probably half ass it even more than they did Phantom Pain.

By the look of things, it might be linked with MGO in some way through the customization features and clothing store for example.

Also due to so many recycled assets as well.

But it could just be that Konami are being such jews about spending money on any more development they went shoe strings.

Since the gameplay is exactly as MGSV Its already good for me, never gave a fuck about story in games. But all I want to know is if they will use peer2peer as a conection type, couldn't play MGO because of that.

Now that Konami can focus on making it a game their only problem will be the story.
Imagine if Cuckjima hadnt ruined the lore of this franchise with his animu shit.

here's your (you)

Yes, keep sucking on that guys balls. Its not like he was just a face front for a whole group of people.
That kinda guy never ever turned out to be a shit nowhere near as taleneted as people think.

he's right though

peace walker and v have no reason to exist

Can't wait to discover how many assets they recycled from Ground Zeroes and TPP along with cut content was long in the game, because fuck the suffering we must withstand.

I thought we were only gonna get pachinko games so I'm fine with this.

Looks like it could be $20 worth of fun

you know what? In a way, I'm glad they're doing something obviously non-canon like this, instead of actually raping Metal Gear's corpse by making a new mainline game.

Can't be worse than cinematic kojima garbage.

What's wrong, were you under the impression that he's some kind of vidya god who can do no wrong?

as far as gameplay goes it looks alright

On the one hand it's a blatant cash in with zombies and reused assets.
On the other hand it's 20$ for an non-canon expandalone with a SP campaign and co-op. MGS V core gameplay is breddy gud regardless, so in the end I have zero problems with this thing's existence, but if they tried to sell it as a full priced title(which they arent), calling bullshit would be well justified.

Yeah, I think my biggest problems will be price and difficulty.

If it's a $20 "expansion" like Red Dead's? Fine, I guess I can jive with that, but fuck 'em if they try to charge any higher.

My other worry is difficulty - the gameplay footage seems neat (though i'm getting a lot of "why wasn't this in MGSV?" vibes) but if the enemies aren't sufficiently dangerous then I see absolutely NO point in sneaking about whatsoever.

Stealth in MGSV was almost entirely pointless by the 20% point simply because of how powerful your gear ended up being, and you were on your own up against attack choppers and riot soldiers by that point - how are they going to justify using stealth at all when your squad of 4 has even moderately-decent weaponry?

looks like shit
but that's not exactly anything new for the franchise

I believe the reasoning is something like

In gameplay terms, they are.

Even if that's not strictly the mentality of the players, that definitely seems to be the developer mentality at the moment.

I guess it's easier to just build a scoring system and slap a "stealth bonus" on the end instead of trying to delicately balance a game between "quiet" and "loud" playstyles.

People will purchase, play, and even enjoy this game, along with RESIDENT EVIL VII, while you lament the death of these franchises. I'm right there with you, but you know this to be true in the end.

As for what I think about the gameplay? Well, it looks like they ripped entire maps from MGSV and slapped them into this game, then turned around and called it "an alternate reality". Fuck you, Konami, that's just lazy. The AI appears to be dumb as shit, though it's possible that later on in the game you may fight stronger and smarter enemies. Basically, this should be a 20 dollar DLC at best, but you bet your ass they're gonna try and sell it as a full priced game. Fuck you, Ground Zeroes was T H I R T Y D O L L A R S on launch, and that was just a fucking demo. This is a greedy and unhealthy precedent to try and set, Konami.

Ground Zeroes was also good

It looks okay, but why did they waste co-op MGSV on a zombie mode? It makes me feel bad for the developers.

You fucking weeb "its ok if nippon does it" fags need to be purged.

Oh blow me, there are plenty of game franchises that reuse assets that aren't from grorious nippon.

Yes, such as:
Doom
Quake
Halo
Might and Magic
Bioshock
Grand Theft Auto
Assassin's Creed
Call of Duty (especially MW3)

All games that reuse assets

Dude, those are only bad because the lead character isn't named Hirosakuki Mikyaya.

Trust me, if those games had anime characters in it they would be 10/10.

There's quite a bit more, like:
Dead Space
Dead Rising 2
Saints Row
and most Valve games

Can we count games that all use the same stock sounds for everything? If that's the case, throw in a lot of raven software games and 95% of movies while we're at it.

well I mean
Demonsteele is pretty fucking fun, and that's a mod that uses lots of assets from other games

but it was made in the west by a west dude who's a huge weeaboo so fuck you nerd

THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE DEFENDING THIS FUCKING GARBAGE!!!

So then just shitpost
It's what I do when people are being stupid. I like to be stupid too!

No

People who don't care about score or ranks speaks more about them than the game itself. That's like saying there's no need to vary your combos in DMC because you can still finish the game without ever achieving an S rank, or always clearing one line at a time in Tetris (same goes for any other arcade game, really).

I'll even go as far as to say devs shouldn't concern themselves too much with things like "delicate balance", realism or whatever (unless we're talking about utterly broken and mindless shit like Musous where enemies take 3 hours just to attack). That's the kind of mentality that neuters games, at which point they're forced to include fewer and fewer options just to make sure players don't find any game-breaking strategies, which is often the thing that makes games fun to begin with.

This seems to be a problem particularly with pure stealth fans, as they immediately shun any stealth action game that includes powerful abilities, as I've already seen people bitching about Aragami which was recently announced, for example. Even survival horror fans aren't this uptight about limitations not being forced upon them.

fuck you nerd i will destroy you with ym great shitposts fuck you you are a nigger weiner

There's this one squeaky gate sound I first heard in Castlevania 64 and now I hear it fucking everywhere. It drives me insane and really kills muh 'mershun. Sound happens about 20 seconds in to this embed.

that's right bitch penis boy you heard my words what are you gonna do to them?

I hear the door opening sounds from Hexen in EVERYTHING and it drives me fucking insane. I know that feel.

There are things to like about this game, because nearly everything about it is stolen from a game that had a good engine and gameplay and models etc.

weebs are all homosexuals, i have no doubts anymore

guess i proved you wrong bitch boy hahah

You need to go back to Reddit and fast

Jesus Christ, is cuckchan down?

That's not at all what I'm saying you illiterate retard

This looks fun and all, but why zombies? I know people are gonna say it was easier to code, but I would have liked it set in the normal MGS universe, that way everything looks tacticool and the enemies are soldiers, and they could re use more assets that way. I might pick it up on sale, or if the multiplayer works like in the pirated version of MGSV I will probably pirate it, depending on the amount of microtransactions.

Konami suits are still under the impression that zombies are fuckhuge popular.
I mean they are, but not as much as a few years ago.

user I don't think you understand exactly how little money they want to spend on this game
The majority of the game is likely to be wave defense bullshit
So that the majority of playtime will be spent defending a few buildings and they don't have to make as many areas
And they're already reusing the complete MGSV maps instead of making new ones

Yeah, but I think for literally everyone, the zombies in MGSV were the least enjoyable part next to the children. You'd think a company that makes pachinko machines that are sold by popularity of the franchise alone would have done some more focus group testing.

You know what, this actually look great. I just the character isn't a preset and I can choose what weapon to bring

When it's being this underused, and when it's evident that Konami will throw it away, yes.

Metal Gear Survive™ begins with you creating a custom character just like MGSV, and once going through a basic movement and combat tutorial in the attack on MB in a ripoff homage to the first mission of MGSV, the trailer cutscene happens, and after going through another five tutorials with your comrades, the "Last and First Men," including strong woman who don't need no man and jive soldier boi, you begin a twenty hour long unskippable cutscene on the history of central Africa, which is where the game takes place so we can reuse assets delve deeper into the issues of soldiers on the battlefield.

After 200 hours that's really just the same 5 hours of shooting zombies "those who are lost" who turn out to be made from the bodies of child soldiers who were dumped into tar pits and had fused with the protozoic amoebas which were the precursors to the parasites, which give off radiant energy from the crystalized red rocks seen in the trailer, you discover a vast military conspiracy that is attempting to keep you from leaving. With help from "The Wizard," A child computer whiz turned political prisoner, and a mysterious man calling himself "Gary Murray" over short wave communications, you learn that you are in a "black site" code named "Camp Alpha," a dumping ground and testing site for technology and weapons made by the Philosophers using the south African government as a front. Later revelations reveal that the site is an inheritance from The Philosophers, and after a daring raid on the south African Lobito Island to rescue Murray, destroying Metal Gear KODOMO, a prototype bipedal weapon platform that utilized diesel fuel containing the parasites amoeba to overcome the limitations of previous war machines, you learn the awful truth, you and your comrades were recovered from the remains of MB by XOF, and left to fend for yourself in camp Alpha, so that you could clean up the failed prototypes that ultimately lead to the micro technology that dominated civilization later on.

The first events of the trailer were a near death hallucination brought on by PTSD, and the amoeba have given everyone a DEADLY MEME VIRUS, so even if you somehow escaped the site, you have less than 72 hours to live. The end game consists of a suicidal assault on a XOF compound that is coincidentally a modified camp Omega to destroy a rebuilt ZEKE that has been modified to launch biological payloads. The game ends with a fade to black of your squad fallen after barely defeating a reskin of KODOMO your past, with a post credits call revealing that the Patriots have recovered people from your base camp who have developed an immunity to the parasites nanomachines hypnotic suggestions Obama amoeba. There is no postgame.

You can trust me my uncle works in Konami's pachinko division.

You could have the best engine ever, if the devs are fucking trash you will have a trash game.
Kill yourself guy

Fuck I can't stop laughing.

Like kojima

This game looks fun as hell. I'm buying it, but not at launch.

And fuck you guys, I've always wanted a co-op metal gear.

Pretty much

That's not a problem with the engine itself
Again, the game being trash overall isn't what I'm arguing against, that's just you being a faggot that can't read

But it's going to be a co-op zombie game with metal gear gameplay
This was their first chance to show off gameplay and it turned out that their design ideas were just as generic as the concept

What the fuck was Peace Walker?

Hi Reddit

Garbage?
I mean it has its moments but it's so fucking bad

How? it got stealth element, and when you activate the comm tower or whatever, it goes to defense mode. The game is actually what the name imply, you have to survive

Welp. Its weird. I think MGSurvive actually has some interesting ideas. But really I think this will live and die off of its "attack" "defense" mission ideal. If its just going to be that, then it will have made no progress off of MGSV. Peacewalker had a lot of of diversity between side ops and MGSV sorely lacked that, and if MGSurvive also lacks it that'd be sad. Cause I think the injury system could be used to great affect and also could've been nice to see in MGSV. I also like that the ring radar is back. And the freeform nature of it could be fun. But if its just that for 56 more hours, people will be pissed. Hell I'm already pissed but atleast I'll see what they have to offer.

I guess the problem is that mgsurvive has zombies…. cause zombies. Little or no reason for them. Its zombies for zombies sake. SO that point is valid, but we also dont know why Kojima had the parasite zombies, cause they very well could be zombies for zombies sake.

I can't play piss walker with random people online right now, can I? Didn't think so. It also has shitty controls, shitty graphics and shitty sound.

Here's an old meme for your flustered ass.

The important part here is that it's co-op.

How do you live

The stealth segment wasn't big, it was just a short walk to the main event
And zombies aren't exactly masters of perception in the first place, they don't even fucking walk around if they're not attacking something
And how the fuck is survival against zombies not the most generic thing imaginable

Filtered and reported
Enjoy your ban newfag :)

How do you?

What's to say MG Survive won't be just as bad?

And you won't be able to play MG Survive with random people in 2023, either.

Nothing. It could turn out to be even worse or magically be the best game in the series, only time will tell.

You really think motherbase being transported to alternate universe where zombie exist is somehow a canon MGS story? Its clearly a spinoff title like AC!D

Is this kike serious?

What do you mean?

Knowing that the game is reusing the engine and assets just makes me more interested. Gameplay in MGSV was fucking godlike.

Remember, everything bad about mgs was konami while everything good was kojima.

On one hand, that leg injury made the guy limp, which is a surprising amount of effort someone had to have put in to make
On the other hand, we don't know how far they're going with it, how much it will effect gameplay, and healing it is as simple as waiting a few seconds in a menu while your incredibly vague "resources" drain

The base mechanics of MGSV were good

Because gameplay is what separate good and bad zombie survival game. Just because you play shit zombie game doesn't mean all of them are bad.

Looks like a zombie mod for MGSV. Why in the fuck would they turn MSG into another generic zombie game?

Because the MGS retards and cuckchanners like the ones you can find in this very thread will eat that shit up and fun their next pachinko machine.

After all these years, I don't think I can stomach more defending against waves of enemies, even with the best gameplay in the world
It was never all that great to begin with, even in games where the main enemies were more varied than "zombie"

So you just burnt from zombie game, not that MGS survive is bad. Gotcha

PW is a 6 year old game, of fucking course the online is dead. The same will happen with Survive, regardless of its quality

A combination of carefully playing their cards, a desire to reuse assets, and trying to follow the industry. If they went into making another MGS like 1 and 2, fucking up would be more catastrophic than just making a spinoff.

Unironically I feel retarded shitposts like that

What's to say they won't have soldiers and tanks, though? All they've done is show the most basic and retarded enemies of the game, if they're reusing assets why wouldn't they reuse the old enemies?

Fuck I accidentally clicked New Reply early. How the fuck did I manage that?

Anyway I was saying I feel shitposting like that should honestly result in a ban in the poster's history is full of it.
Of course this would require an intelligent moderator to discern such a thing without major mistakes.

muh freeze peach

MUH FREEZE PEACH

CAN'T WAKE UP

I mean, it looks like more MGSV, so it could be OK, but as other anons have stated, the new animations seem really out of place, and the map is just a copy of Afghanistan. I'd buy it if it was 15$ or less tbh fampais.

Oh wait
Freeze peach == Free Speech
Took me a bit.

Fuck it. Encompassing the worst of shitposting in free speech isn't worth it when looking at the degradation of communities like this. With the right BO, professional shitposters and retards should be expunged. Not for the flavour of opinion, but for the inability to express or understand anything well thought out, and for actively dragging the quality of the board down
But the right dictator is needed who can discern this from harmless fun and joking, is patient before jumping on anything, knows when to let things slide because it spawned something entertaining and isn't pure cancer, etc.
We need the Trump of image boards

We need little weekender cuckchan niggers like yourself to leave the board

are you mad that he actually want mods to be competent or that he mentioned trump?

It's not that bad, the game looks fun.

Fuck out of here cuckchan

Leave

Reminder that dysnomia did nothing wrong.

He BTFO out of the goons on Holla Forums so now they're here trying to derail every thread by making incredibly tenuous claims that everything is marxist in an attempt to bait Holla Forums and Holla Forums. Recently it's been less effective so they've calmed down.

Honestly, it looks alright. 6/10 maybe.
Quit overreacting.
Wormholes were in the original MGSV, retards.
That part's obviously not meant to be taken seriously, and neither is this game.

If it was a free add-on to MGSV, I'd play it. But clearly Konami intends to release it as a $60 standalone, so oh well.

But MGSurviVe takes place just after Ground Zeroes, before wormhole tech is invented.

Not that wormhole tech was even canon in the first place.

$15 would be too much to ask for this turd.

I don't know iv seen several threads today destroyed due to goons false flagging as Holla Forums.

fix'd

I've been holed up in some comfy threads for the last day, you just have to call them out before the thread's cancer advances to stage five.

I love Co-op games, and i've been wanting a new survival co-op game, but I did not want this to happen, sorry guys, I wished this by accident.

This infographic is retarded and makes you look retarded with it's lack of nuance. The zombies in survive are not the same as skull soldiers, which are intelligent and can use guns. And the skulls are also not the only type of enemy in MGSV, they are rare super soldiers. Delete that image from the internet and kill yourself.

What.

Hit too close to home eh?

How did it hit too close to home, did you read anything I wrote? nobody liked MGSV for the zombies, quit defending your dumb mspaint comic like it's some brilliant commentary

salty kojimafag

salty Kojima hater

I'm still not the one who looks dumb for defending a comic that gets literally everything wrong about what it's commenting on. Did DSP plays make it?

I'm genuinely convinced that if you watch enough DSP you become him.

wooooooooooow there was nothing I could do, I just became a fat fuck

are you five?

after they put kojima in charge i don't understand the outrage you guys have of yet another shit mgs game. surely after 2 decades of nothing good coming out of the franchise anons would expect these things

I hadn't even considered that they'd be competing with other zombie games, Konami really is dumb as all hell.

Maybe worth a pirate, that's the best I can do.

Why couldn't Konami do what Rockstar did with UN and release it as DLC?.

because sales for it would've been incredibly small
and people would've been disappointed because it wasn't story related

From a business standpoint it made sense

Literally no one likes the skulls retard.

Everyone thinks the whole parasites thing is beyond retarded and a new nanomachines, and the skulls are especially bad.

What the hell is this feeling

It's like the game doesn't actually look bad but that's because they obviously ripped as much as they could from MGSV as they could. Like I want to play it just to get more out of MGSV tangentially.

God dammit all I see is a mess of cut features that should have been in the Phantom Pain, I honestly wouldn't even mind if it was a dumb minigame in the game itself bundled with a completed TPP

God dammit Konami this just hurts and I hate it.

Because it's the next step in kikery
First it was making free content expansions
Then it was making tiny expansions and calling them dlc
Then it was making dlc before the game even shipped
Now it's selling dlc as a whole new game for more

So what I'm gathering from this thread is that most people would have loved if TPP had co op, so some might settle for this co op game that plays like TPP (but so far only has retarded zombie enemies) if it's cheap?

I can't even feel that interested, because the only well handled zombie moment was the fence coming down. And, that's something you'll quickly stop using since the fence seemed to be the weakest barrier. Every other big zombie game coming out looks like it'll do zombie better.

If they rereleased TPP with multiplayer for all missions, that would be a MUCH more interesting game.

Well, one user earlier suggested it might be pirateable with multiplayer intact, so there's that at least

The fence was a cool "oh wow, technology" moment, because if they actually weren't lying, the fence only breaks with enough weight. So, it maybe wouldn't be the worst barricade, since it could hold a small number of totally-not-zombies-XDDDDD forever.

Speaking of obvious TECHNOLOGY bait, how much you wanna bet the only times that "killing enemies with the environment" shit will be used will be with those exact same static spike things

LOOK AT DIS TECHNOLOGY SHIT GOY, SHIT, I MEAN VALUED CUSTOMER

It depends how much stuff Kojima's people actually finished before they all got fired/left/committed sudoku. I imagine the spike things were done or at least working when Kojima left, so they just finished it up. Since those were all going to be things Liquid and the other kids set up, I assume the rest was basic jungle traps; snares, pits, weighted trip wire traps, etc. But, unless that stuff was nearly ready to ship, I doubt it'll make it into the game. So yeah, probably just those spike things.

I am going to have to agree with this, the WIP Chapter 3 footage and concept art make it very likely that the traps existed already but were never added due to the island being unfinished.

I wonder if the playable battle gear got anywhere near completion

If I remember correctly, Kojimbo said that it was finished, but that it was just so unbalanced that they couldn't use it.

Looks 10X better than Toilet Paper Pain

Well then, can't wait to use the hover tank to fight Metal Gear Zombie
Hell, they'll probably reuse the assets for sadmananthropod but reskinned with rust glowing crap on it
Maybe it'll even be piloted by undead liquid

Wait shit, that island was mostly finished too, wasn't it

Man, jus give up. I never said I was a Kojima fanboy, all you can do is make shit up and I'm pointing out the exact flaw with the argument and you have NOTHING. At the very least why not change it so that the bottom picture is of the actual zombies in the game, then at least it would make some sense.

You feel it too, don't you? Yeah I do actually kinda feel like playing it but honestly, if there's no venom Snake, no human soldiers and no political intrigue then I don't give a shit. There are plenty of games where you can just hack & slash enemies as dumb as the type of people who play those games.

Ah, here's one now.

fixed it

That makes even less sense now

Jesus fucking Christ this is Holla Forums tier memery.

user you aren't very clever

Still low energy

are you joking?
it's MGSV except none of the enemies have any AI. it looks fucking awful.

Jesus christ, the assets in this game are so fucking lazily reused the box that the dude secured actually said Diamond Dogs on it, could you get any lazier?

Is this supposed to be based off that namefag from france who loves muslim dick?

man look at all these trolls who sit on Metal Gear threads just to piss off fans

i wonder if they're the same ones who post unsolicited feminist shit here cuz kojimbo =musoggynees

No, kojimbo = shit non-games

Eat shit

I knew Huey has always been a rational person

You want some of this?

That pic is fucking perfect.

It is. It's no wonder Hal is so much better than Huey.

Cmon user. Last boss will be zombie Metal Gear Zeke.

Looks ok. Might be good if they don't charge full price for it, since it's almost entirely re-used assets.

Venom is sending the boxes, you're in the distant future

Shutup user. You don't get to play this game.

Why's that?

Because no one here is cool enough to play this game, that includes myself

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

These seems like it might be a decent if not good 20-30$ standalone.

It improves on 5's formula but reuses enough assets that asking for more than that is PR suicide. I mean why the fuck are these guys in Afghanistan? These guys are Militaries Sans Frontiers are they not? If Konami is so dumb that they don't even polish up the Africa map and label it Costa Rica then I'm dropping all interest.

I wouldn't call what we've seen here "improvement"

It's different, to be sure, but "improved" has yet to be seen.

I'm not even sure there will be a different map considering that they said there was no helicopter to pick up fulton targets, and thus one could extrapolate that there are no helicopters in general to take someone somewhere else.

but like…dude wormholes lmao

I guess I should say "adds more to the formula" instead of jumping the gun

That shit's in MGSV. Blame that hack Kojima

FILTER ALL TRIPFAGS

cept ROB. Because ROB isn't a raging faggot.

I dunno if I should be upset or laugh at how lazy this is