Monster Hunter thread /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

mhgen.kiranico.com/heavybowgun/wyvern-blaster
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I had a dream the other night that MH had a new mechanic where you could carve a monster while it was still alive.

I saw four hunters, a full hunting party, wrestle down a tigrex and then start to skin it alive.
But the fucking thing just wouldn't stop screaming at them and clawing and biting, so i witnessed a hunt where a skinless tigrex was zooming all over the place screaming, you could see the muscles, fat, veins and sinew underneath and everything.

It was absolutely horrifying.

Jesus, man.

What dream ? You were awake. :^)

Still better than the dream of Najarala swallowing me alive.

Akantor's armor is edgelord as fuck, I like it.

With HG Earplug, Bludgeoner and Mind's Eye as the icing on top.

Hot goddamn, that's some fantastic armor. I need to finish grinding out Akantor ASAP. Get to see what the Zelda DLC equipment's all about too since a sword & shield opened up with that Goddess's Fire item, and lo and behold it takes Akantor stuff to craft it (probably no coincidence they picked the monster that looks like King Dodongo for Zelda stuff).

What in the fresh hell is all this?

We huntin' bugs boys.
2 Star
32-7148-4951-1402

An invitation for you to try out bow I guess. it also rewards substantial monster fluids/broths if I recall.

I'm pleased with the game all over again with Akantor, it's a challenge to fight this guy and he doesn't really feel unfair even though some of his moves aren't well-telegraphed. Doesn't aggro terribly often and when he does it doesn't change his moveset much or speed him up so substantially that he's suddenly a pain to deal with. Get the same rush from Akantor that I did from fighting Shagaru Magala.

Hm, wasn't expecting a big enough Handicraft detractor with a full Akantor set that it'd give me Blunt Edge at the same time as Sharpness +1. HG Earplug, Bludgeoner and Mind's Eye must be for the G-rank set rather than the HR set, seeing as I get a bonus to Hearing but not high enough to actually trigger any Earplugs skills. Time for charms and decorations to shine and try to offset Blunt Edge as well as give me Earplugs, I suppose; I nabbed the Akantor charge blade and I'd rather not have 2x sharpness reduction be eating through my already low sharpness, the power boost over the Seregios sharpness is too nice and suddenly having a bar of green with Sharpness +1 was nice.

How active is 4u? If people are still playing it, I think I'm gonna go back to that and just uninstall Generations. That, or I'm going to hang my hat and Hope to fuck that 5th generation monster hunter isn't cancer.

4U is alive.
Expect to see familiar faces though.

user… there isn't one of those in the game

How alive though? I don't see anyone really making rooms outside of this thread.

I'm playing 4U, user. I feel in charge.

4U doesn't have Bludgeoner, user, that's probably what confused him.

Ah, I see, different skillsets between the two games. That explains that then.

Should keep my eyes peeled on G-rank Akantor armor regardless since Blunt Edge can be pretty easily offset by loading up with decorations, and if I chance upon a good talisman with Hearing bonuses there's my Earplugs bonus that the other guy mentioned. Getting used to not having a speed-eating bonus will take some getting used to after rolling Deviljho armor for a good while.

My mistake, I hate how there's Blunt Edge, Bludgeoner (who's skill is named Blunt).
Also

I forget they exist most of the time, plus the speed-eating comes in handy for speeding up the animation of stuff like rations or cold drinks to boot.

razor sharp

Why bother when it has auto-sharpening?

Even with auto sharpening you'll go to blue in no time.

R8 my hunter

6/10
would be higher but GS

What about it?

They're not impossible to solo, but if you're having problems go search for a stable group.

Thought Akantor's charge blade would be a step-up but its sharpness was a hell of a bigger stumbling block in that department than I expected it to be, got my shit pretty thoroughly pushed in by a blue Rathalos in high-rank expeditions and so it's back to the Seregios charge blade pleb-zone with white sharpness for me.

Maybe once I can get it upgraded there'll be more acceptable sharpness for it, it's obscenely powerful but I just can't live with that low sharpness.

Well, that's why akantor's sets skills focus on Bludgeoner and Mind's Eye.
It sorta all works towards the same goal, fuck sharpness and just obliterate shit with raw damage.
Doesn't really work with other setups unless you clownsuit a lot.

Rolling 4U and apparently Bludgeoner doesn't exist yet along with it having a totally different skillset. Without decorations/talismans the skills for HR's Akantor armor are Critical Eye +1, Sharpness +1 and Blunt Edge, though it looks like the same general principle of "who cares if you bounce, go in balls deep anyways" still applies.

Yeah, I know I should probably look into playing online to complete some quests, if only to try it out. But I really like playing solo and I find it a shame that the endgame forces coop by sheer HP volume.

The best way i can explain it is that in each MH game the village is seen as the "singleplayer" content and the guild as the multi content so they sorta expect multi help for guild stuff towards high HR.

Only, this progression doesn't really work as intended because in many MH games shit becomes really inconvenient if you aren't doing guild and village at the same time, or HRing up in guild before advancing in village.
Stuff like not having the mats to make weapons that don't bounce off certain monsters, having shit defense for the amount of HP monsters are hitting you, and so on.

Every MH has a different pacing with the village but i sort feel like none of them get progression correctly for a "village only" SP focused type of player the entire village system is supposedly designed around.

I totally blame the two faggots that got super-nova'd :^)

Playing 3U again makes me upset Qurupeco didn't get brought back in 4U. Imagining the experience of watching first timers with it get dickslapped by jho out of nowhere would have brightened my day. The powderstone quest just isn't the same.

Meeting Jho the 1st time went horrible. I also miss the breakable secret areas like the one Jho would break in the Tundra area where he'd sleep and you could also collect dragonbone relics in.

I want to make a room for 4U but I doubt anyone would join considering how dead this thread seems to be. I also have Gen if anyone wants to play as well.

REMINDER NOT TO HIT THE HEAD WITH HUNTING HORN

Updated weapon chart

A part of an ongoing effort to build a full set of G-Rank Gaurga armor. Guild quest currently level 86 at time of posting.
4U Elder Hall ID: 47-1116-4041-5030
Pass: 0088

Do you even play the game or do you just try to force that meme in every thread and never actually play with others?

I need to make a garuga mask first but I'll be there to help you out again, if it's the same person I was helping with their GQ

There's still 2 slots open if anyone wants to join.

why?

Go fuck yourself, game.

the worst part was that his attacks were piss easy to evade, he just had a stupid amount of health. I always usually kill monsters when I'm doing village quests because they're the only entertainment I get out of the mundane grind.

Turns out gammoth is a mundane unfun grind, who knew.

Monsters with too much health are just boring to fight, it's what ruins hyper monsters.

That's only because you're not supposed to beat him at that point.
Yes, a village quest where the entire point is to pretend the flagships are badass by making them appear when you can't beat them. You still have three quests like this to go through by the way.

Iunno, I slapped down that glavenous pretty fucking hard. I'm HR3 in guild.

Regardless of how hard you slapped him, the village 3 glavenus quest has the exact same HP bloat. He has less than 3K when you are supposed to beat him.

well to be fair, when I fought Gammoth, I was using an SNS and I accidentally forgot to switch out of my transporter set, while when I killed glavenous, I was using my lance build with crit boost and 100% affinity.

Can someone post mhgen damage formula?
i don't want a calculator, i'm using mhx and i don't know how they translated weapons names

Absolute Readiness
Perform a corkscrew-like evasion. In addition to a lengthy invulnerability window, Sharpness is restored, ammo refilled, and phial coating applied. Once triggered, you automatically unsheathe your weapon.
Complete the 3★ Hunters Hub Quest "Wyvern Sand Runners".

Thats what you get for not getting 100% completion you nerd.

Huh, I might actually use that. A passive damage boost over a single move that can easily miss seems nice.

Well fuck me. Here I was all this time thinking that it game you a flat damage boost.
Still is pretty good with what I'm currently running. 90% affinity sounds nice.

anyone want to share their mh4u save with me? I just CANNOT be assed to fucking start over from scratch.

the only requirements I need is that you are at least HR 70 and G3 rank, and that you have the rainbow pigment unlocked.

It is mathematically a flat damage boost (3.75%). But yeah, it's garbage.
Depends on the weapon type. Assuming that you are not retarded you use something extremely specific and most likely stupid, thus it's safe to say that you are, in fact, retarded. Thus my advice would be, learn HAs and get some common sense, because most weapons regardless of style have at least 1 HA that is better than general arts.

literally gay

Unlocking the rainbow pigment was a lot of work, and so was completing the challenge. everything about 4u is better than generations, but I refuse to do that shit again.

so I just got my fucking mh4u save back.

It was apparently in a fucking backup folder all this time.

Fucking this. I used to love hunting but then my quest list turned into nothing but hypers and eggs from HR5 to HR7 and I stopped giving enough fucks to continue.

Yeah, you have no idea how estatic I am right now getting my HR 76 save back. I thought it was gone for well over a year because it just up and poofed when I did a system transfer and I was told by many people that shit was fucked, since save exporters at the time couldn't read save files that weren't correctly associated with the nand, just I just assumed it was gone forever.

Made a room 4U big guys out there.
09-7840-7968-6208
pass:1122

Is the high rank macao armor a good set until I can get to HR garuga?

Why does Capcom hate money?

They don't hate money, they just don't make their product to go by the taste of westerners.

What do i do?

On one side i'm happy since i don't have to worry about games in my life anymore.

>I enjoyed it

Whatever hunting mojo I might've possessed in the past is now rotting in a dumpster labled MHGen.
I'm dying here, user. Send help.

They're making millions off the series, they don't hate money at all.
They just hate you, personally.
They have a printed picture of your face on their main office wall and they play darts on it all day, i've seen it.

Since the last 2 games have actually done really well in the west and they keep saying they want to make MH5 different I can see the next game getting a console/PC release. Unfortunately it will probably still be limited by what portables can do since I can't see them outright abandoning that shit in Japan.

Why on Earth do you think releasing on a telly console or the eroge platform would contribute meaningfully to profits?

Play 3U if you don't mind soloing. Your missing out on the best monsters if you don't play it.

Anyone who really likes the series should play at least FU, 3U, and 4U for the best experiences and content. Cant get wrong with any of these.

Went back to MH3U after playing MHG for like ~300 hours. I suck ass now at this game I used all 10 mega potions and carted twice fighting an LR Lagiacrus.

Gen really softens you up.

Underwater isn't as bad as I remember it though just dodge occasionaly in the wrong direction. The biggest problem though is chasing monsters around down there the arenas are way too big. I also really miss MHG's hit sparks they make hitting the monster feel so much better.

I never had that much of a problem with the underwater fights even without the circle pad pro in 3U.

I prefer land battles but i don't know why people hated the underwater fights so much.

Can we take a minute to look back on loc lac city and lament on the loss of the best online hub? I like 3U, but it took away my favorite area. Feel free to lament on other previous hubs that are no longer with us.

I was surprised when Dondruma returned in MH4U in the form of a village.

We probably won't ever see Minegarde again though.

Ynow I never got to see minegarde on the original MH. Back in the day I could never get my ps2 to connect to the internet, not matter how many times I tried. And one day years later I decided to try again for fun to see if I could….it worked. First thing I did was try connecting to MH Online, didn't work. I searched online and found out that the servers had closed only 6 months before. It was heartbreaking.

The sunken forest or whatever it's called is complete garbage. The murky water and plants everywhere obfuscate the screen way too much. It's the Jungle in MHF all over again. Considering that it's the only other map with underwater elements probably soured a lot of people. If you're limiting it to only D. Island it's just a nice change of pace.

Garbage taste right there. Flooded forest is the best MH map.

Hm I think D. Island is the best MH map even in Gen with all the water removed it is the best map in that game.

I never spent much time in loc lac I started on tri but unfortunately all my MH friends quit quickly after we all finished single player.

Got to HR6 and village5 in just five days since i got the game while juggling my full time job and college
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK

Ah, memories of running DLC Ala with the faggots from Holla Forums until 5 am every night back when i was in full MH fever mode.

Before long you'll become tired, bitter and miserable like everyone else here, but it's nice until it lasts.

ah don't worry i know i will
I played 3 monhun games before, once my HR goes into 3 digits it slows down a lot

bump

Was my post swallowed?

devoured whole

Which game, and Japanese or foreign?

y-you too

What's your fellow MH players opinion on God Eater?
I started playing burst on PPSSPP with a bro and it's alright.
The combat mechanics nad monsters are vastly inferior to Monster Hunter, combat related controls are also a bit messy since they crammed a shitload of actions with the limited psp buttons.
But the interface, bullets, upgrades, skill system, equipment system and everything non-action related are all much better in my opinion(except for the quest selection menu).

user did I do wrong?

I hate the gross anime overtones. GEB was okay and the ending was radical. I look forward to playing the sequel. Definately worth playing if only to play what is probably the best MH style clone out there.

I honestly couldn't stand GEB, everything just felt sloppy and unfinished. Would you say it's better than Toukiden?

Couldn't say since I haven't played it, but from what I've seen if GE isn't your thing then you'll probably be more inclined to like Toukiden. If not Toukiden then you just plain do not like MH clones and should give up.

Well there's always Soul Sacrifice, fammo.

Nah, FU is actually pretty damn bad, I mean yeah it used to be the best one, but now it just sucks.
P3rd is way funner, but FU has way, way more content because of G-Rank

GE is fun. Not as good as MH in most ways, but still enjoyable.

I GUESS

Dont listen to this fag. Just because its old doesnt mean its bad. You can still have a great time with it if you dont have your head stuck upon your ass.

That really isn't my point, but anyways.
By all means, try it at least until HR

lol

4U room, come and show off your clownsuit.
13-1341-5423-9278
pass:1122

If FU is so good then why are you playing 4U instead of it, faggot?

Looks like someone got their feefees hurt.

Maybe he wants to see how far the series has come since FU, or in his possible opinion how it may've regressed in some ways

Unless you'd throw a hissyfit about somebody playing Super Mario Bros. instead of New Super Luigi U because why wouldn't you be playing the latest and greatest thing in that scenario

But Super Mario Bros is better than NSLU

That or he believes 4U made some QoL improvements over FU but both are still good games.
But really it's coming "FU is bad" is coming from the faggot who tries to force not only 1 but 2 memes every thread, so you can pretty much just ignore him

Had to shut down the room abruptly. Will make another one in approx. 30 min. I can also make a Gen. room instead if anyone would rather play that.

Made another 4U room.
07-2672-2891-4957
pass: 1122

Edge lord the game is fine since it's the only hunting game like it. Plus it looks like MH is still putting it to shame in terms of sales so I don't see it becoming the standard. I just wish hunting games got big enough so people started making competent different takes on the genre.

I played toukiden too, with the same friend, it was shit.
Shit mechanics, shit story and shit combat.

That's the thing, I already played MH, GE, toukiden and even Mercenary Kings. I think EDF also falls in this genre? But I still haven't played it anyways.
MH takes the cake obviously but the only other one I played that was any fun was GE. The combat is worse than MH, its not as solid, I always wish I was golfswinging the monsters and the monsters themselves have some bullshit moves/animations. Other than that it's better than MH imo.
Something that I really like is that the whole map one single giant area, if you run away from a monster they can follow you around, no changing areas for a quick heal or separating 2 monsters from each other in separate areas, you can see monsters/players in the opposite end of tha map if you have a clear view of that place and vice versa.
They go pretty wild on the missions too, today I played one that would be a MH equivalent of killing about 30 high rank Great Jaggis/recolors, no hunt-a-thon, they were on screen five at a time, one drops, another comes in 5 seconds later, this in the smallest map, almost an equivalent of the arena map.

It is boring, and people who like it and especially defend it have an extreme taste for very bland and boring games.

What? I don't see how it's any better or worse. Only thing I remember is that item selection was a complete ass.
You mean customization that punishes you with dmg decrease with every chain?
Last time I remember, there was barely any depth to it, not even lore related.

And on top of that, almost every monster has around 3-4 recolors that barely differ from each other and quest line is just a combinatorial hell which becomes slog to go through early on, before you can even made it to the 3rd recolor.

EDF is japanese's Aggressive Anthony.

SS:D is a good clone, though a bit easy. Freedom wars, but I didn't try it because gameplay looks god awful.

It's the most story focused MH clone of them all.
The story, characters and dialogues are…alright.
Not really that good, but more involving than MH, it's like a very, very, very long JRPG with a lot of dead air in between story segments.

The gameplay itself is quite frankly subpar, the animations, player feedback, the monsters, basically everything is in every way inferior to MH itself.

I love/hate the armor system.
I love that you can wear whatever the fuck you want and look cool, but i hate that it kills the skills specialization you can do in MH.

I feel like we need a merge of these two systems, a sort of compromise where you can wear what you want -and- have the armor skills that you want, but i don't know how one would go and balance such a system.

Overall i don't recommend GE to MH fans, or JRPG fans, both fans can play their own games and have a better experience rather than wasting their time with GE itself.

If you want to play a MH clone, play Soul Sacrifice.
It has tons of problems mechanically, but as far as i'm concerned, it's the only MH clone that breaks itself from the mold due to the fantastic designs and overall atmosphere of the game.
And improved SS sequel with better mechanics, more content and expanded everything would become an absolutely worthy alternative to MH, but the series will unfortunately probably die, forgotten in a hole along with the Vita.

An hour-and-a-half later and no one has joined. Guess I'm off to see if I can get a few Yama Tsukami kills in FU then. It looks like threads are reaching their last days by the slow posting speed and lack of rooms but at least there's still some discussion of the games going on.

We told you before, these threads are for discussion and bitching (mostly bitching).
If you want active players it's /mhg/ on /vg/ or bust, end of story.

I'll check it out then.

I meant the way it's more simple, in most cases.
During combat the item use is a bit janky at first if you're used to the monster hunter style but as you said, it's not better or worse.
But in the "Hub" I think it's way better, the shop is super simple, selecting quests is super simple, no need to choose quest then change gear then eat then take quest than wait for all members to be ready in that order. No separate quests for village and Hub, thisis a big plus when playing with a friend, I still don't know why monster hunter makes you go through literally repeated quests online after you already done them offline and vice versa.

Customization is nice, it is weird that it penalties you for getting multiple layers of "code" when there's already a "bullet value value cap". But I was also thinking of you not having to keep buying/crafting bullets in between quests and instead "replenish them" during combat, through combat.

I like it in this game because there's basically no armor and armor upgrades. You get stronger by upgrading your weapon, exactly like you uprage it in monster hunter, except you use a combination of 3 weapons:blade, gun and shield you can combine their passive skills and they all stack always as if they ware monster hunter armor skills. Instead of crafting armor, you craft "upgrades"(stupid name, it's like an accessory) and they only give skills. There's no way to increase your defense that isn't through skills, so you can combine your gear to make a unique set with the skills that most fit your style, whitout having to worry about your armor being old and having low defense. Note that negative skills are a thing, so the accessories with the most useful skills usually have another shitty one attached to it or the weapons have low stats. This allows for monsters to start dealing high damage when reaching "high rank" and no farming will make them deal less damage. I also like that the amount of healing items you can take in quests varies depending on the item, you can take 10 good potions twice as many shitty potions, that's seems like a lot, but the healing value is very different than monster hunter's potions.

It doesn't tho, the weapons and upgrades I'm currently using would be an equivalent of some armor with fastcharge and draw attack and attack up or something like that. The Difference is that those skills aren't tied to my defense stat. I don't need to farm to make or upgrade my armor to have high defence, it's medim defense for everyone the entire game unless you get defensive skills instead of offensive ones.
Speaking of farming, there's a lot less farming in GE, since you can combine several low rank items into their high rank counterpart and vice versa, also exchange special reward coupons for some monster drops and whatever. There's a lot less stuff preventing you from taking whatever mission you want to play at the time, shame it's not as fun playing those missions as it is playing Monster Hunter quests.

I'd like to but I can't try Soul Sacrifice because Vita.
Also, anyone heard of/tried pic related?

Did I miss a lot of those little things ?

There's a fair deal of tiny details going on in a lot of the maps, it's fun to kind of soak it all in on gathering missions and pay attention to stuff you're usually too busy fighting to notice.

JE SUIS MONTÉ

pardon

why solo? just go online

All the quests are just minutia I can handle on my own, especially since I've got DLC quests to get some armors and weapons like Kushala Daora's sooner than I would normally be able to. Also my internet connection is horrid, I'm talking like 16 KB/s near-dialup here.

In one of the maps there's this giant ass dragonfly, but i forgot where, it sits on a wooden branch and flies off.
It's really freaky looking, but maybe it's just because i don't like dragonflies.

I wish i could find a screenshot of it but apparently nobody made one yet.

Which map ? Do you have any details so we can find it ?

Jurassic frontier isn't it?
Great Maccos rest area.

Yeah that should be the place.

Toukiden's best points are the women and the Tenko.
And by best I mean "only good".

Yeah I've seen it before. I tried attacking it but it was too fast.

Bring:
Enjoy jho in

Here's gameplay footage from the Monster Hunter Stories demo.

I hope it comes out to the west eventually, among all the MH spin offs this seems by far to be the most polished and fun to play.

any idea how I can make Monhun fun again

How do these people exist?

The tutorial is still REALLY shitty tbh, especially when it comes to explaining skills and how they work in relation to your weapons and armor.

Unfortunately until a MH game has something like 2 solid hours of in depth tutorial regarding skills and how exactly they affect you, we're always gonna have players like that.
Some people need the game to literally explain the details of every single mechanic to them or they're just gonna ignore the unexplained mechanics entirely, they won't look em up online or anything.

Just take a break from it, if the game's starting to bore you come back to it later and/or go back to MH4U

I want this so bad.
I'll buy D1 if it comes to the west

i pretty much 100% 4U with my last character. around 1200 hours lad

then go FU or 3U.

Well, the quest supplies did give me two tinged meats so I naturally figured Jho would eat it, but he never did. Is there a specific occasion to drop the meats ?

but i'm enjoying DQ7 to go back to play games I already have played

Then why are you complaining play the shit you enjoy playing come back when you get the itch or when the next game comes out. Shit isn't complicated it's Video Games play the games you enjoy playing.

So, worth investing time into Gen or is it weak shit and I should keep playing 4U?

Unless you have friends that want to play I'd say skip it.

Can you yohoho it? Then give it a shot and bask in the glory of this clusterfucked shitshow.

Monsters will only eat when they're drooling, which indicates they're hungry.

Guys im planning a thunder HBG set arround this beauty:
mhgen.kiranico.com/heavybowgun/wyvern-blaster
My set will have (only got 3 parts so far)

Thunder Atk+2
Elemental Up
Trueshot Up
??? (depends on charm)

But im worried if the recoil on Thunder lv2 and Thunder Pierce lv2 won't be too big, i can't shove Recoil+ there unless i get a perfect charm, considering my luck thats not happening, so im looking towards Guns Blazing III Hunter art (adept style) for recoil reduction, would that be enough?

Ded thred

U r favorite wepon is ded

NOT ANYMORE

Then pls respond

Guns blazing is certainly the best hbg art. Unfortunately even the lowest tier one takes forever to fill so you might just have to deal with that recoil.

So Holla Forums, some dude on GameFAQs just beat a Japanese-set record time on 6* Rajang. What have you guys been doing with your game?

Why.

If you really need Recoil, I'd switch out Elemental Up since its boost is pretty small compared to the other skills. I've heard nothing but bad things about Guns Blazing, but the other two HBG HAs are pretty meh as well so I won't stop you from trying it.

How do I git gud?

Hit the monster. A lot. Don't get hit.

what is adept style?

If I could yohoho it, is Cross MP compatible with Gen and is there a translation patch?

Cross and Gen have seperate servers and I think there might be a translation patch flying around.
Don't quote me on the latter, though.

Maybe you should go back to gameFAGs and stay there.

No, japs have their own server.

MOTHERFUCKER

There's a translation patch but I just played raw so I don't know where to find it. MonHun online is region locked, so foreigners can't join, so just stick with Cross.

Finally able to get into the game but I didn't keep up with it. Why the fuck does S&S have the same damage as hammers? Did they even out damage across the board or some shit? I don't get what's going on here.

One, you're not factoring in motion values.
Two, S&S strength isn't raw damage like a hammer, rather

1-using items quickly
2-applying oils
3-elemental counter with quick hits
4-Applying various statuses easily
5-(this applies to Gen) extreme KO potential, this is the element you should REALLY be complaining about when it comes to S&S-Hammer comparison, and the reason why Hammer is less useful in Gen

Doing random shit in 4U, G rank stuff mostly. Two slots open.
Room ID: 60-0309-0227-1599
Pass: 2187

>my first ever encounter with hot monkey dick ended in complete failure

And that's how I learned what a Rajang was

They put in the true damage values this time. In other games they were adjusted to each weapon's damage per strike. It's a bit disconcerting at first but it's clearer in the long run.

My first rajang was like a week ago.
I carted once because I was greedy, but otherwise I found that fight tense but fun, I even gotcha bitch'd him with the red shield CB slam twice. Needing to break both his horns to get the item is my only complaint really, 9/10 would hunt again.

When I could actually get to the fucking Rajang (seriously I'm not exaggerating when I say Zinogre and Kirin are only hard in that mission because of their disgustingly high power and HP bloated for that mission) he was absolutely great, scaled down to where he properly should be I bet he'll be an absolute blast to hunt.

I'm trying to settle on a weapon to git gud with. S&S seems fun as hell but is there any style that's objectively better? Also is SA the hidden OP mounter that it seems like? I've seen some gameplay of guys tearing monsters the fuck up with SA aerial style because they could chain mounts.

Git gud with whatever weapon meshes best with you, man. Pure DPS or constant mounting isn't fun if you don't like the weapon.

This.
I understood only now why i hate cross and it's because i'm playing aerial SA aswell. I'm not even focusing, just mashing jumps over and over. Even if it takes me longer to beat monsters with other weapons, it's 10 times better since i'm actually planning the hunt and pay attention to the situations.

Talking about aerial style what's more important and why? nosedive or mounting master?

Well I used to run LBG in 4 and was pretty good at it but I got a lot of "wow, what a pussy, use a real weapon" crap from friends. I might stick to LBG because it's so familiar. Does gunning in this game have styles at all? Has anything changed for Gunners in any significant way?

Tell your friends to piss up a rope and keep rolling LBG if that's the one you like.

Gunner weapons have styles, yes. Wouldn't know the changes since I haven't played Generations and I have no interest in it but I remember hearing that dodging-based style's good for it, I think it was called Adept or Bushido.

if you're actually changing weapon because your friends are retards then you're really a pussy. Stick with what you want. I can't play gunner since i can't aim and end up close to the monster.
A shame since i really want to use bow and i like the look of gunners armors

More trying to roll something else because I wanna mix things up but none of the weapons I've seen have really interested me. I played a little hammer before I quit 4 and swinging around a giant Zinogre head felt fantastic. But yeah, fuck it, probably gonna stick gun. Saw that they have aerial and it looks pretty sick

Also as a gunner you want to be somewhat close to monsters. Sniping from across the map makes you look like a retard since you're gonna miss most shots from that distance and you're losing out on critical damage. Gunning, depending on what type, is all about dancing around a certain radius from the monster for that juicy crit damage. It's more like pseudo melee than it is ranged since you're still very much in a danger zone if you're close enough to do actual damage. I didn't do bows because I absolutely hate them but they're not bad, just different, kind of like how HBG isn't just a bigger LBG. Go bow for like 20, 30 hunts and watch a video on crit range. You might find yourself actually having fun

I always get this kind of bullshit , which makes me twice as smug when i clear a quest and everyone with the "superior" weapons carts left and right. You make the weapon work, not the other way around.

It's just the 3ds controls that feel really cluncky to me. I'll probably try just for fun since i already use it for bug grinding

There's something terribly satisfying about bullseyeing a retreating wyvern out of the sky while your friends are fucking off to find him before he's even left.

I know how it is. It took me a while to get used to aiming but once you pick up on it, missing shots is a much more rare occurrence. Plus you can place shots on more mobile enemies that melee has to chase for which puts things in your favor since you don't have to worry about gap closing.

The entire point of MH and why it works is because you initially pick a weapon and it sticks with you.

It's the WEAPON that makes the game fun.
So fuck what other people think, the weapon resonating with your playstyle is the entire reason why people initially get hooked on this series.

I forgot about this. Did they crack its Denuvo yet?

And good players are even better with the best weapons from the types they like using.

I agree but you shouldn't really bring a 150 raw to a G rank hunt unless you're soloing.

Well i'm talking about weapon types, not specific weapons.
Obviously you should aim towards a set of weapons within the weapon type that you like that is effective against what you're hunting (or a good jack of all trades that is effective against everything if built right, like for example narga stuff).

>put up room for shadow hellblade swordanus 8

People don't read quest requirements it seems.

Is there a generally good starting gunner set? I remember in MH4U the Nerscylla set was solid across the board for them. Does Generations have an equivalent?

Did you specify rank 8 when making the room?

I used rathalos until mixed sets. Can't go wrong with Attack up M or L and weakness exploit.

Not really, they now have internal ammo.
That's it.
Seriously that's all they changed.

they have really horrible HAs with 1 exception for HBG and LBG… 1/3 isn't bad I guess?

Yes, I did specify it in the room title.

Yeah people don't read and just come in and ask to post what they want, or just look at the quest and drop instantly.

A fitting end.

God Eater 2 niggers, did CPY actually crack it?

Well shit son. They can't be that bad, can they?

I>n area 7 of ancestral steppe a limping exhausted Tigrex tried to get fly away.

They have so low enough damage the time spent using them is better spent just shooting the monster.
The HBG one is gunpowder, it's… better than nothing.
and LBG's Full Load is stupidly good if you play around it. Rapid Heaven is generally not that useful. Honestly though, Adept is the way to go unless you really love the hops that LBG has. Power load from the adept is good enough without sacrificing much.

Shit, it's a 4u quest, kira doesn't have the HP values on it. Reward 34,500z alone doesn't inspire confidence though.

Everything's fine until Rajang, then I experience the hot monkey dick and HP/power bloat.

This quest is marked as "HR4 and up".

I need clarifications on double element on DB.
Is it true that they only deal "half" the element at the time? to quote the post

So i want to start playing MH on the PSP and i want to know where, i am looking at several isos but can't figure where do they begin

Freedom Unite was what I started with, don't remember which game it's a complete port of but it's more or less regarded as the best PSP one from what I've seen.

If you want to play every game Monster Hunter Freedom is the completed version of Monster Hunter 1. Then Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the completed version of 2. If you just wanna play the best the PSP monster hunter play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Start with MHFU.
Then move onto MH3P.

If you're still interested after that and want to move on to other platforms you can go MH3U, MH4U, and MHGen.

And that's basically it.
But speaking in pratical terms, by the time you reach mid-MH3U, MH5U on NX will probably have come out already so at that point you might as well move onto that.

So realistically your progression will probably be:

MHFU (learn the basics, get some hair on your balls) -> MH3P (try out the SA and have some fun winding down) -> wait a bit playing some other games -> MH5U comes out in the west on NX and you jump onto that.

Maybe we don't even know what the NX is yet let alone if MH5 will be on it.

As far as I know Nintendo still has the exclusivity deal with MonHun, but that's a good point that we have no clue what the NX is.

>MH5/5U as an NX launch title

Considering the NX will probably be a home console-handheld hybrid, don't expect too much graphics wise.

There's a 100% chance MH5 will be on NX.
MH4U and especially MHGen sold so fucking much it's basically a given Capcom will continue to work for Nintendo on this series.
Again, especially if the NX will be part handheld/have an handeld component/have an handheld focused version, nothing will essentially change with them saleswise.

By the way another thing we can safely predict is that japanese players won't give a single fuck about the home console aspect of NX, so expect MH5 to be ENTIRELY focused on the handheld side, as usual.

Not expecting much since they've been going with the same textures/models since the PS2 days, but Monster Hunter doesn't really need a huge boost to graphical fidelity anyways. Some stuff would just look awkward or completely shit with too big a graphical bump-up or a change in artstyle.

There is a deal? I thought Capcom just go with them since MonHun is a portable series and 3DS is by far the best selling portable.

Again if the NX is actually a console/handheld(which it probably is) it will definitely go to the NX. However if the NX is either a home console or is some other kind of supplementary experience when portable. Then Capcom will have no reason to stick with Nintendo and will most likely just take multi-platform.

As far as i'm concerned MHGen was a step in the right direction visually, with more vibrant colors and more effects on the swings, hits and so on.

All they need to do is to bump it to stable 60 fps and we're set.
In fact i think it's safe to say MHGen was pretty much a preview of how the series is going to look moving fowards, only unstable framerate-wise because it's a game released at the very end of the 3DS lifespan, squeezing the system for everything it's got left.

Impossible.
Home consoles are -dead- in japan.
You guys have no idea how dead they are, they're fucking buried.
Only handhelds and smartphone/tablets remain.

Basically only the PS4 is surviving, but barely.

Like I said it probably will be a hybrid just we don't know what it is and Nintendo can be completely retarded sometimes so you never know what might happen.

To what I remember Sony wanted achievements in MonHun and the team was so unreceptive to the idea they migrated to Nintendo and that's why Monster Hunter 3, 4 and Gen are on Nintendo consoles and not Playstation or Vita.

Doesn't the PS3 port of Portable 3rd have trophies?

Yeah.
The whole "they didn't want to put achievements in" is a bit of an oversemplification of the situation.

It was probably a number of factors and capcom noticing that nintendo handhelds were selling more than sony handhelds and the rampant piracy on PSP and so on.

At the end of the day the main priority of capcom is always, no matter what, to make the maximum possible profit with the minimal possible investment and effort.
So they're always gonna side with whatever company allows them to do just that.

And i'd like to add that you can see this mindset in the WiiU port of MH3U.
A complete rush job that even has input lag.
If they don't think something will sell billions, they won't give a shit and rush it completely.

Then why'd they rush MHG out the door when sales were growing so much in the west?

One of the biggest factors you seem to be missing is that putting the games on the Vita or a home console would have required Capcom to redevelop assets from the ground up. By putting MH on the 3DS, they could just downgrade some PSP assets and call it a day. I can grudgingly understand this in the case of small budget games from small publishers, like 7th Dragon going from PSP to 3DS, but not when it's one of the biggest publishers in the industry.

user Capcom has been nearly bankrupt forever since Inafune invested in western developers and made all their talent evacuate. Then took the fuck off to destroy his own company. Granted though MonHun is pretty much the only cash cow Capcom has left besides maybe Resident Evil. So they should be putting more effort into the thing.

MHGen was made by the same team that did MH3P.
Their job isn't to make super polished games, rather to experiment with new elements that are then later polished and implemented in the main series by the main team.

And if you wonder about the lack of G rank, this is normal for the "cycle", in japan they get normal MH, and then MHG every MH game, so this is, just like MH3P, supposed to be an "in between" MH with no G rank and then NX will at first have MH5 (that we probably won't have) and then a MH5G (that we will have in the form of MH5U).

And by the way it worked, since MHGen sold incredibly well.

Well the problem is that everything capcom does that ISN'T MH, is failing and not making them money.
So they need to make MH as cheap and as profitable as possible to make up for it.

They might be big, but they're dumb.

Just got to 8 star caravan. Never thought a I would get wrecked so hard. Am I going to have to spend time at each star rank grinding for better armor for the next rank?

Accidentally wuoted

Naw I know the no G thing for the first iteration is normal I'm not complaining about that. The Hunting Arts and Styles were just incredibly poorly thought out with a lot of weapons just having completely useless styles and arts.

Umm some people who are good can switch armours only twice one set for low one for high. Then they finally build the armour they want at G. However if you're having a hard time grind out for better equipment set your own difficulty. Just like any other RPG if you get stuck and need some help you can grind to make it easier.

Running with GS. Sometimes I just get too greedy and don't have enough time to sheathe and run.

Go on expeditions for charms (if you're really lucky you chance upon something with a +10 or higher in a skill you want, I've got a +10 Auto-Guard talisman laying around somewhere that's kept me good with charge blade), guild quests for high-rank expedition access and access to the booze item for the open-air kitchen if you haven't already, and poke around on Kiranico for armor sets that mesh well with your weapon. Never rolled greatsword but off the top of my head you'd want CritDraw and any other skills related to sheathing, if possible.

Oh fuck I remember that quest. Good times.

Got the booze items for my kitchen. Guess I'll look into what they do.

For the most part they give Lucky Cat, Unlucky Cat (as far as I can see it pretty much just starts you off close to the monster you're hunting and makes you stumble around drunk before starting the quest) and fixed skills for rarer stuff like Moxie or Bombardier. Two boozes together is a guaranteed Unlucky Cat though.

The Man gives it to you free

He does? I don't ever remember getting it. Huh.

My 4u playthrough is like two months old and yeah, it's a talisman he gives you early in the game, he says something along the lines of "equip it when you have a weapon with defensive abilities and you won't be sorry" at the end of the dialogue.

anyone?

MHGen in the West didn't sell well though. They even have sales for MHGen for 30 dollars in both Gamestop and Amazon. Why they are trying to boost the sales probably. Considering it's almost 3 months after the release, there is no way the sales are going to be much higher in the West. Compared to 4U sales in the West, the sale drop is noticiable.

Do tell me a better site for sale data, this is just what I can find so far.

Oy massive niggers, was God Eater 2 cracked yet?

I don't know? There is no GE thread to ask that?

Each sword doesn't do both elements. It's one or the other. Just focus on single element DB.
For instance you attack once with a 15 water 15 ice sword set.
You're doing 15 water and 15 ice.
You attack once with a 20 water sword set.
You're doing 20 water and 20 water.
It's also better to focus on Specific Element +1/2/3 rather than Elemental, unless you want both for some reason.

The West is, at best, an afterthought. Cross outsold literally every other game in 2015 despite only being out for a little over a month in that year, and passed 4G's lifetime sales a few days into 2016. In the relevant market, it was a success.

That said, it IS by a sub-team, and Tsujimoto enjoys a lot of nepotism protection, so Monster Hunter 5 isn't likely to have that much influence from Cross. We're more likely to see Cross continue as it's own spinoff, with a Cross 2 coming out in between Monster Hunter 5 and Monster Hunter 5G.

I think it works just like any other Vita game now, doesn't it?

I mean yeah, it was a BIG success in Japan.
Which shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone. But in the West, Gen hasn't been as popular. Dunno if it's franchise fatigue or people who bought 4U not being interested on it because it is a spin-off, hold on for the next main game.

There might be a new anniversary again after ten years, but not sure if it would be called Cross 2, since X also means 10.

Like I said, the West is an afterthought that isn't going to have any influence on the franchise as a whole in all likelihood. At this point, the direction of the franchise is purely a question of how strong Tsujimoto's nepotism protection is.

Doubt "10" was the intended meaning of Cross, Roman numerals aren't as common here as they are in the West.

it's just that there's only one viable paralysis DB in mhx which also deals thunder damage, so i wanted to know if i should bother making another one with just thunder. I was thinking of the lagiacrus one, but i'll probably use the raizex one since has higher sharpness, 1 slot and 20% affinity.

Yup.
I meant X=10 as in 10th anniversary kind of sense. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

It's probably partially because japan is casual as fuck when it comes to video games.

Would've been a wee bit late for that, since MonHun was March 2004, with X being November 2015. Possibly started as that idea though.

Possible, but I think it might be the other way around, considering that the record breaking sales were in the first month, and it was the first "new" Monster Hunter in two years at that point, with 4 having been back in 2013. Cross dropped in price pretty rapidly around February or so, I started seeing it go for roughly 3000, then 2000 for a new copy pretty quickly. On the other hand, could've been market saturation, but that hasn't been an issue before to my knowledge.

Since you need to be in multiplayer in order to obtain more rewards for the sakura method, does it also works with materials in guild quests?
Do i get more rewards if i do a quest online (even if i'm hunting solo)?

No.

user, nobody gives a fuck about the west, especially not the MH teams.
This is a japanese focused series, always has been, always will be.

Probably because importers were already getting tired of the game by time MHG came out and word was getting around about how rushed it was. Also 3DS piracy is now much larger than it used to be. Also I never said MHG sold well I was responding to someone who said Capcom only rushes things that won't sell anyways.

Heads up: a namefag from the old Holla Forums MH community (or someone pretending to be him) has been sighted.

If he doesn't go user shitpost him on sight.

THEY FUCKING EXIST
THEY REALLY FUCKING EXIST
i couldn't even kick him, i left the room myself, it felt so tainted that it was not worth staying in there

I haven't run into any literal Kiritos in MHG they were pretty bad in MH4U though. I did run into a guy who died before anyone even got to the monster though. We didn't triple cart though since he cowered in camp the rest of the quest.

How do you people play for thousands of hours without doing this to their circle pad pros

This is more of a maintenance question than a monhun question I really don't want to have to send this to Nintendo for repairs if I can fix it myself for free

Solofag here, what's the story about kirito ?

Depends how it's ruined, is the damage internal ?

curb your enthusiasm, user.

the device works on a gentle nudge, no need to force it.

God damn, how rammy were you with that thing? Might have to get another but tone it down. Take it apart and see if anything's visibly busted?

There isn't any physical damage from what I can tell, but when I press forward on the circle pad it's completely random as to how fast or whether or not the circle pad actually registers that input.

It's reminiscent of having that weird analogue thing on my psp just start sticking in game also from playing MonHun, which I did end up having to get fixed.

It wasn't just from MonHun but from a combination of the small number of action games on the 3DS

Is there a tutorial on taking apart the 3DS circlepad or something?

I should probably specify that it isn't that weird peripheral device but the base circle pad that comes with the 3DS.

>MH4U's mount master failure spamming frenchies.

Ya know its gonna be a shitty hunt when you got Leon, SOLknight and Kirito in your party.
Never have i had such misfortune as to have all three in a 140 Teo room.

I encountered a Kirito in MHG and he single handedly double carts in the first 5 mins of Hyper Nargawarga and sits one zone away so he can get his carves.

Oh, shit, you mean the normal circle-pad that's already built into the system. You could probably find some guides on taking the thing apart but I don't remember if you need a tri-wing screwdriver off the top of my head.

Ever heard of sword art online? the protag is a fucking edgy mary sue, kids fucking love it

Never heard of it, but considering his name probably means "cutting person" that's not surprising.

Let's get me to HR Break fellas, mhgen

Currently have to hunt the HR6 Agnaktor & Duramboros before going for the urgent for HR7, rush to Nakarkos after that. Preferred hunters below HR 40

ID: 22-2780-8031-3643

There's been three major light novels written about "guy gets stuck in a fantasy world/mmorpg" trope.

-Sword Art Online
-Log Horizon
-Re:Zero

All three of them aren't particularly good.
But LH and R:Z have a couple of elements that make them slightly more interesting, while SAO has literally nothing going on, it's essentially fantasy anime: K-On edition, you'll lose braincells by watching it.
So obviously SAO became the most popular by far.

So you don't feel like you got carried?

In situations like that with people carting just close your 3ds and finish the quest by yourself way better than risking some mong getting killed.

Ah, playing as teenager's favorite shonen retard, got it.
You'd think LS would be more accessible to casuals in mhgen though. Two of its hunter arts literally do the most technical parts of the weapon for you.

Y-you too.

It's because the reputation of tripping everyone is so widespread now that people are ashamed to use it.

Pretty ironic considering bushido fixes the whole tripping aspect by making almost all the moves vertical.
Just when the weapon is fixed if played propely, people stop playing it.
LS can just never win with this fucking community.

Unfortunately Overlord is too small, i can't honestly include it as one of the "major" works.

So did everyone suddenly decide to jump on the .hack train all at once? That's such an odd thing.

What was the thing that really kicked off the trend this time? I watch all 3 of those animes though I only watch Sword Art to see how shit it will get.

Yeah, you're right, it is just as bad as the other three though, so if it had more of a following it'd fit right in.

Well it's not exactly recent.
SAO was originally written in 2009.
Then it was adapted to manga and in the end we got the anime and so on.

Log Horizon is 2011, Re:Zero 2012, Overlord 2012.

So perhaps you could say SAO rekindled the trend but it's not really a new concept in the first place, as the other user here pointed out with .hack among other past works.

I was talking more about the thing that sold so well that it made everyone else see gold and start just cranking the shit out. Like when Haruhi Suzumiya had the dancing outro so every fucking show afterwards had to have it.

haha noice
saved

Log Horizon has a very likeable cast, the fact the protag plays a support class instead of dual wielding edgylord is already a huge plus
Re:Zero has Rem, that makes it a 9/10 series at the very least

Palicos are nice and shit, but i wish there were more viable specs other than boomerang
there could be more one slot skill palicos could use to bring in specializations like the boomerang pro skill, these would not stack (pick only one per palico):

Melee Pro: A button no longer throws boomerangs, it instead has new melee attacks that can combo with X, XA has the lunge and the spin you can do after a boomerang, dodge is also greatly improved for prowler, palicos will block attacks most of the time

Support Pro: Prowler can now use all hunter items except for bombs, horns, traps and tranquilizers, your cat also gains the effects of Mycology and Botany if you are Gather spec, and Wide-range 2 if you are healer spec

Bomber Pro: You have super armor when using any bomb skill and all your bombs get a bonus from weapon raw and deal weapon element/status on attack, you can also bring and use hunter-made bombs, when you use a hunter-made bomb you lay two bombs per item use.

thread ded
again

Can someone explain this to me?

Palicos can aggro monsters creating much larger openings than pure solo hunts can achieve.

Is this game like animal crossing that it's only fun if you play with other peeople?

Say again ?!

Fixed that for you, m80.
Always remember to remove cat-kebab by stuffing the little shits into a duffel bag and throwing them in the river.

I am mildly triggered.

No, it's fun alone and it's equally fun with other people (well, as long as the people you're playing with even remotely know what they're doing).

It's designed to be fun both ways.

GIB BACK AINU CLAY NIPPON PIGS

I'd call you the king of spergs but that honestly upsets me too.

Goddamn cat players trigger my shit so fucking much.
I have an assload of quick message options just to bully their shit when they inevitably cart out on hunts.
REMOVE NYANTA

Carting as a nyanta
How fucking bad do you have to be? They give you three fucking lives.

It's utter cancer. The easier you make it for players, the harder you will see them fail.

Checking those yuri dubs.

It's nice for gathering at least. Sure as shit made the plethora of the fucking early gathering in single player more bearable.
I've not played much online on Gen, and I'm honestly glad I didn't. I can't fucking imagine experiencing the horrors like those that have already been posted ITT.

I thought the gravios was annoying, and now there's a black version than can just sit on a lava zone and spam heat ray/flame cloud for three minutes. What's the best weapon for this fucker ?

Spam mounts to break its back quick and the fight gets much easier. Obviously shit like HBG pierce(Not with mount) or IG help with these endeavors.

Personally I find gunning works well; it's really easy to kite Gravios and the only attack that has a chance of hitting you is the beam/fart spam. Both kinds are also super weak to water.

I'm sure you can fight it up close too but I tried that once and just kept bouncing off the parts I could reach and went back to bowgun.

Yeah without his farts the Gravios becomes pretty easy. If you're playing with a decent bug-sticker the fight shouldn't be too bad.

Just made a musket set with full arc EX, looks equally faggy, fabulous and awesome, its like a jojo character, the color scheme is almost perfect

Who else fashion hunts here?
Im building a pink samurai for the mizutsune longsword, just need a charm with:
OOO +12 water attack +2 (chain crit, elem crit or crit up)
Will have
expert+2 (total 30% affinity with the weapon 10% base)
chain crit
crit up
elem crit
water atk+2

Building functional fashion sets is the most satisfying shit

>takes an upgrade to its Shagaru Magala weapon, L'Oppresseur I think it was called je suis, to put its damage on par with my Aslat Charger
>only getting one break on high-rank Gore nets you a low-rank feeler item, you have to break both horns to get a high-rank feeler item

I find it to be the exact opposite.

It's fun as shit solo for me but I'd vastly prefer to play local multiplayer than online multiplayer. I understand that's not an option for a great many western players though considering that Japan designs around its disgusting population density first and foremost and global online is an afterthought or only included to make a west release viable at all.

Anyone that hasn't played MH IRL with other people are basically missing out on half the reason why MH is good.

Anyone else here use air lance?

I have a set with weakness expoilt, bludgeoning, hg earplugs and dreaking soul and can eat 100% of the time for feylne rider, I feel like it works quite well but from hundreds of hours of playing online I have yet to see any others using the same mix.
Pre-quest start I have 272 attack or 282 attack depending on wep choice and that doesnt factor in blugeoners bonus.

I imagine so given that the game in general requires coordination that's difficult to achieve with online, not to mention the way the game is built makes latency an incredibly apparent issue.

Actually funny enough that has never really been that much of a problem for MH games.
I don't kn ow the technical details but a lot about MH is "instanced".
Unless you're having horrendous lag, the game is very lenient about mediocre ping and will compensate most of the time.

The online experience is mostly miserable because of other players being idiots, can't say it's especially miserable because of latency, and i've played with a pretty shitty connection before.

Shadow walker bugstick did the trick, although his armored legs kept being an issue the entire damn fight. At least I got to mount something six whooping times.

LBG
Battalion strafer

I put down my Axe of glory to kneecap these walking Akantor snacks.
Seriously make that set using Helios parts it works well with Garuga as well.

>7+ Trapmaster +7 evade extender 000 charm

I completed kokoto's second requesr (kill a velicudrome) and apparently the rewards are hunting set (design). What is that and how do i equip it?

It doesn't give it to you it just lets you build it at the smithy. Go there find the armour pieces and see what parts they require.