Halloween Events in Online Games

What do you faggots think about video games that have special holiday events? In particular stuff exclusively for the Fall/Halloween.

As much as I hate it now, Destiny did this very well, with the community hub having trees which leaves have changed color and little other things that really brought out the spirit of the season.
Blizzard did this great back in the Lich King days and I (hope) they do the same with Overwatch by giving us a new Halloween Themed map and skins.

I suspect more and more online games will be doing this, just because it's lots of fun to participate in. More and more, celebrating the season in games can be just as fun as doing it in real life.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/10745474.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I enjoy it more when they at least put in the effort to make up an in-game holiday that is similar to the real world equivalent .

So like decorations and shit? You like generic bullshit that everyone and anyone could do?

tf2 has Halloween events every year since 2009 but they've been getting worse each year.

I mean a holiday that is basically Halloween but the developers give it context in the game, exactly like what you were talking about and saying Blizzard did great in WoW.

You know, as i grow older i've come to realize that i love halloween because i fucking love pumpkins.
I love almost any recipe that involves using a pumpkin.

Soups, pasta recipes, having some simply roasted as a side dish, and so on.
All i want to do this halloween is eat something pumpkin based and watch some halloween movies, i can't wait.

The atmosphere was covered with jack-o-lanterns, bats flying around and the monsters had some simple modifications.
Also, there were some items you could only get during the week of Halloween.
Lots of fun, really.

Let's not even try to kid ourselves when we all know Thanksgiving is better for the food.

THEY ARE THE FUCKING BEST

All Saints Wake in FFXIV, Hallows end in WoW, Festival of the Lost in Destiny, even in shitty games they are the fucking best.

But i love spooky shit in general. Boo levels in Mario are the tits.

Is FFXIV worth playing? I've heard complete shit to it's one of the best mmos on the market.

i remember wildstar shade's eve was nice
sacrifice the aurin

gets updates every 3 months like clockwork, more content and game options than any mmo i can name, amazing ost but thats a given for the series and play on a bloodborne box with a controller is fantastic.

It's THE best MMO on the market. That's all I can say for certain. I think it's a fantastic game, but it just happens to hit all the right buttons to make me enjoy it.

It's pretty much the only thing worth doing in GW2, as part of the holiday trilogy along with Xmas (Wintersday) and the Lunar New Year (Dragon Bash).

yeah I remember when people actually gave a shit about tf2

Is there any game not improved by spooky shit?

I remember looking forward to holidays in Animal Crossing

Did Cave Story have a halloween mode too, or was it just for christmas?

Fuck me, have they added a new halloween boss after Merasmus He's difficult to take down really, people just went full huntsman on his ass and hope theres enough time to kill him in 120 seconds. He's the best halloween boss, no contest

Yeah, i miss when both teams team up to kill the halloween boss

Valve hasn't made a new Halloween boss since Merasmus in 2012. I think the reasoning for it was people would try to kill each other over the Halloween awards after killing the boss.

Merasmus a cute

The seasonal events for SWG were the absolute best.

I remember on time Darth Vader was sent to a player-made city allied with the Empire for Christmas on Tatooine and the admins made it snow and Storm and Snow troopers were doing fun shit.

Sounds like a good time

Definitely. I've been with FFXIV for nearly 2 years now, and can safely say that I enjoy it immensely. There's plenty of content to do, things to keep yourself busy with, and plenty of fun shenanigans to enjoy during downtime, from farming to mining for fish. It's got some pretty good raids, nice seasonal events round the year, and cute fashion for us girly girls. My only complaint is that I'm quickly running out of space for all the fashion I have that can't be put away in my armory. I may have to empty out the pockets of my other retainer and make them a wardrobe too.

I love halloween in general. even the kid friendly halloween stuff is amazing. I remember playing Adventure quest and always getting excited when the halloween events would come around and mogloween was always a joy. Back in Gaia online they had this one event where players could join like 1 of 3 factions and fight each other to get cosmetic shit, it was pretty fun.

honestly any MMO without seasonal events is trash.

I like Halloween, but as a European I find because of it Walpurgis Night during Spring is ignored and thats a shame, because why just have one scary holiday?

I playthrough this game every year around Halloween. Tis' the best, and it satisfies all my spooky cravings.

The Nightmare Before Christmas game on PS2 was pretty good. Bosses even had QTE dancing segments to deal more damage.

Trying the free trial.

If I like it I might go along with the beat.

they added some weird shit, we've got:
and just gamemodes after, unless you count the skeleton king from helltower
now we have the doomsday halloween mode which is pretty fun because of random server-wide spells and bumper cars
last year was incredibly lackluster, they added some gargoyle which collected 'souls' of killed enemies, you get X amount of souls and your gaygoyle goes from bronze, to silver, to gold, to platinum or some shit
and I just learned that giftapults can no longer be crafted, what the fuck valve?

It's definitely a good alternative to that other one.

- Beautiful sights
- Beautiful music
- The lore isn't handled with kid gloves
- Job system lets you change your class on the fly
- Nice races
- Excellent yearly events (That aren't simply recycled each year)
- Crossplay with console players

- Not alt friendly
- The Main Story is absolute dogshit (until Heavensward)
- Weebs, weebs everywhere
- Catgirls everywhere
- It's still another hotbar MMO.

Mileage might vary, but it's probably the final bastion of MMO quality before the genre dies entirely.

I like those events. TF2 and MapleStory always had really fun holiday stuff when I played them.

but you can do everything on 1 character so I dont know why you would want an alt.
t.altaholic.

although it is still filled with weeb trash I love it when people have mundane stuff as tehir names, shit like
I cant help but love it everytime.

Guild Wars 1 and 2 have fun ones. Well, 1 does. 2 is built on frustration and grind.

Payday 2 has a Halloween heist they add every year, but I remember the first year they had it they almost delayed it until November because of some issue. The community went mental for good reason.

Because I like the different races, and don't want to throw down for a Fantasia every other week.

I wouldn't mind if the horrendous Main Story became skippable for alts if you have a maxed character or something. Alts keep the game fresh.

Fuck yes, GW2 has 2spoopy hide and seek in a labyrinth and I love it every year.

FFXIV gives us cute things so

Why is fall objectively the comfiest season?

Terraria has a Halloween event. During the month of October, each enemy has an 1 percent chance to drop a goodie bag. Mostly costumes are inside.

I think they changed it because trying to get both teams to work together was like trying to herd cats.

Lalafell master race

roegadyn go home.

That's a funny way of spelling *Elezen*.

That's a funny way of spelling Au Ra

This, we are the cutest! CUTEST.

Great, it's the same place just with less people. I really love these images if people think it changes much to get rid of a minority of persons who like something. Why stop at weebs let's remove everything until there's nothing left and it all has to be rebuilt.

Horns aren't cute. Those things could easily puncture my cheeks if I went in for a kiss. At least keep the horns out of my face if you're gonna have them, and generally not towards your or my body.

Us ffxiv players are just vagrant shitposters without our thread. someone fucking make it already

Because people who like things I don't like don't belong in my hugbox.

Where do you think we are, bruv?

I miss being an Au Ra. Would've tried Rog but I can't stand their run.

I would if I could.

tiny au ra with max bust and tom boy hair is a life worth living.

Wasn't tiny but you're right. I can't wait to buy the broom from last year's Halloween event.

Pick one.

We're not on halfchan that's for sure.

You want ara you go elezen or savage ara you go roe
au ras are taiga tier pocket qts

Used to really enjoy the halloween event in Guild Wars
Based my whole guild on it. Always wearing the pumpkin hat all year round even before it just became skin

Too bad GW2 ended up being shit

Every roe I have met has been insufferable

Every Roe I've met has been deliciously well-hung and DTF.

8ch.net/v/res/10745474.html

I gotchu fam