So which of these are actually worth playing apart from the first one, obviously?

So which of these are actually worth playing apart from the first one, obviously?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/underhell
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you've prefaced this with "other than the first one" your expectations are likely too high already. You've played what is good of the fear series.

Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate are still pretty good, go for them, avoid the "sequels" at all costs

The expansions are good nigger

The two expansions are fine, not a whole lot different than the first game

alright, that's good to hear, I'll give them a run through.

Don't get me wrong; if that picture is your steam library that means you already have the game, might've even payed for it. Might as well play, could even be good for some spooky October fun.

I guess I still consider that the first game

yeah shit's like 2 dollars per game right now, I had pirated the first one a few years ago and enjoyed it so figured I'd actually get them.

Theres something mystical about the season
Always bing a lot of good shit

The two expansion packs and the second game. Don't go into the second game expecting more of the first and you'll probably like it.

3 is an abomination.

3 is better than 2

It's really not. The second game is an alright FPS by itself, not a good FEAR game but a decent fps. The third game is just atrocious and one of the worst games i've ever played.

Expansions suffer acute consolitis. Fear 2 has advanced consolitis but it has its moments and Fear 3 is pure consolitis cancer-ebola without any game left in it.

Fettel makes it better and they´re both linear as fuck
2 tries to be the first one but fails in most regards, 3 is a Call of Duty clone with some okayish ideas.

Id say they're both equally shit to be honest, just Fettel is pretty fun to play has and coop is ok so I guess that makes 3 better for me.

i got f3ar free and played through it and still dont know what the fuck happened
like i cant remember anything about the game other than shooting in some weird prison, an emo floating ghost dude, and an abortion or something

I don't know why people say Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate were good. They're practically singleplayer source mod tier.

Fuck

Because the gameplay is still top tier even if the level design aint that great

Expansion packs were not made by the same studio but they did some good world building that expanded on the first game, try the second sequel if you want a dose of what the original devs wanted the first game to be while retconning the first two sequels, some good gunplay but several moments ruin it, now the last game, that's quite the fuckery by Warner Bros, literally the Tiberium Twilight of the game that was supposed to end it all, fucked the stories of both previous games, they got John Carpenter to write the game and Monolith Productions was exiled to doing shitty Batman and Lord of the Rings games. Pure shit.

Anons help, how do you get rid of an erection that's gone on longer than 3 hours?

Saeg

seg

newfag

ebn

play 2 or 3, it will be replaced by suicidal thoughts

Can't. Autism wills it that everything should be played in order.

That reminds me, which comes next Perseus or Extraction?

Extraction Point then Perseus Mandate.

Thanks mang.

F.E.A.R expansions are garbage. They weren't even made by Monolith but outsourced to some retarded studio, if I recall correctly.

Terrible level design and shameless product placement

2 is fine if you just want more F.E.A.R.
3 is good for co-op and watching a ghost eat a baby out of his teenage mother

3 is a fucking snooze fest. 3 shouldn't exist. It's a blight.

2 is okay though it started to show bad design choices as things progressed, imo. They tried adding a few gimmicks to the mix,–such as a turret section to name one–resulting in this mixed bag of okay to shit tier portions of the game.

The first had Alienware. I'm guessing Dell bought them between the expanions and the main game.

All of them to some degree. Even F3AR.
I mean you already have them so just go for it.

quality

The first game is the best. If you like the first game and want more then the expansions are pretty much just more of the first game, they are pretty good if you just want to play more fear.
2 is not as good as the first game but can still be an alright shooter. I'd say give it a try since you already own it, maybe you will find it fun.
The third game is absolute garbage and if possible you should refund it without even playing it.

I would do it earlier but that would ruin the magic of playing FEAR on october.

Everything Fear 1.

The expansion packs for Fear are not cannon if you care. But Fear 2 and 3 are shit anyways.

I'd say definitely FEAR 1 and Extraction Point. Perseus Mandate was OK but didn't capture the magic of the first two entries. Its story also doesn't make much sense as you're another character with the same powers and it felt a lot like they just threw it together.

I've heard bad things about 2 and 3.

F.3.A.R and F.E.A.R 2 are literally just copy pastes of Extraction Point and Mandate anyways.

They really are, they are the laziest pieces of shit Ive ever seen.
WB will be on my shit list forever, also a reminder that if we're lucky Online will be the last entry and that Monoliths talent has left, they're hiring SJWs and Mordor 2 is in development.

The original game and its two expansions are definitely worth your time, play them in release order. 2 is pretty fucking terrible for the first third or so (2-3 hours) but improves a little after that. It also retcons the two expansions for 1. Play it if you've got time to kill and want something vaguely similar to F.E.A.R. with heavy consolisation. 3 is a terrible horror game and a poor shooter if you play it alone. Play it in coop and pretend it isn't part of the same series and it's surprisingly entertaining.

I don't think it's good

The one reason thing Perseus Mandate did better than Extraction Point was the underground horror section. Arguably it's superior to a lot of the horror from the first game too.

Vivendi timeline>literal shit>monolith timeline.

Vivendi timeline doesn't have Alma rape though.

Are there any other games like F.E.A.R.? The closest I can think of is Call of Cthulhu. Horror games without weapons are popular these days for some reason

**But it has holiday's death, church, hospital and convergence scenes which is actually quite relevant to the plot and fits in nicely.

Underhell though it's technically a mod. It will also probably be finished somewhere around fucking 2050 but Chapter 1 is out.

moddb.com/mods/underhell

Nightmare House 2 is a pretty good mod that emulates the plot to F.E.A.R. but has better horror by forcing no flashlight for some sequences. The only issue is that Valve's update to Source engine broke the fucking mod so nobody can play it without some extraction fuckery.

The expansions are must play. F3AR is a on okay console shooter. FEAR2 is utter shit.

Extraction Point > FEAR >>>>>>>> Perseus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FEAR 3>FEAR2

all 3 fear games are decent. extraction point is ok, perseus mandate is pure shit.

they aren't, otherwise they would play like shitty fanmade mods

Nobody knows because muh console port, but in Fear 3 you can play as the psychic villain from the 1st game. He's a riot to play.

As a ghost he can force choke people, use a primitive gravity gun power and shoot some weak magic missiles. Then he can posses an enemy (trash or big guy) and use all their weapons\moves until they die, rinse and repeat.

Possession can be sniped, you can go allahu akbar without dying (just returning a ghost) and esper powers bypass solid cover: it's hilarious and if you play it in coop, your soldier mate will soon feel like a retard tagging along.