EDGBA

Did any of you fucks get one of these? I got mine recently and I'm trying to figure out just how the RTC on it works. Pokemon fucks with it if you set it but you can work around that. My real issue is with romhacks, some have an emerald base but others have a fire red base with RTC in. Liquid crystal will just read the RTC, but I don't know if all FR hacks work that way, anyone given it a shot?

Also GBA thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-flashcard.com/home/8-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-2013.html
gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2782
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that one better than EZ Flash IV MicroSD?

Yes, mostly because it can take raw roms and loads them lightning fast. Also it has an RTC but apparently it's tricky to activate.

As for you OP, I'd hit up Krikzz on his site. In fact someone may have already posted about this on his forums.

Interesting, I'll check it out, as long as it is available for shipping here.

Yep, you can get it shipped anywhere from the Ukraine, or you can buy from one of the many local shops that sell it. If you're a burger like me Stone Age Gamer isn't a bad way to go, they mark it up a bit but they also kit it out with a nice case and it ships quick and arrives same. I still wouldn't throw away your EZ Flash IV, I have one too and I'll hang on to it since it's not bad, but this thing is like the new Cadillac of GBA Flashcarts. I hope I can get my hands on one in the next wave of sales. They're all preordered out right now but around now is when the guy said his orders would be caught up so any day now they should be back in stock.

Is $99 USD apparently that's a lot of dosh.

That thing looks fucking huge. I got an EZ IV because it's flush with my Micro.

Also 100 bucks is a bit too much in this late day of flash carts. Other than speed and minimally useful RTC, what are the benefits?

I spent 300 each on the SNES2SD and ED64, so to me 100 for one really isn't that much. Still since you already have an EZ Flash IV it might not be worth it to you just for it's features. I'm going to get one because I like the guy's work and want one of his everdrives for every one of my systems that support it.

No idea. I had an m3 and a supercard back in the day.

I'll show you some gets

I don't have an EZ Flash IV, but it was very tempting since it is more affordable.

I want to get an R4 for my DS Lite but they cost like 50 bucks where i live.

If you're in NA get this one from here. They have you send them money through paypal, which is secure, but feels odd, but I literally just got an R4i from them this week. Shipped off quick as fuck once I sent the money.

Ah, well the EZ Flash IV isn't a bad option, not as many features but it will handle games fine. Before the EDGBA came out it was really the best card on the market and some can fairly argue due to price it still is.

Forgot link
3ds-flashcard.com/home/8-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-2013.html

I'll check that out, thanks.

I have an Ez Flash IV but I can't save in Mother 3. Anyone know what that's about?

There's a workaround for R/S/E but romhacks are sort of a gray area.

You don't have to patch your roms, it has and will have active support for years (krikzz has 1yr free replacement, and after one year free repairs unless it's unfixable), and it's actually getting updates.

If you have an M3 this won't do much new for you, it's nothing new, just doing stuff better than others.

Mother 3 is a 32MB rom so that could be an issue in the EZ4 but beyond that did you make sure you patched it before you put it in?

also as a little thing it has native support for PocketNES, goombacolor, and smsadvance now so you don't have to build menus for those like you would have to on any other cart.

Why would I?

The fact you're using the game boy player boot disc is already a mark against you, but if your M3 works fine then I guess yeah don't bother.

How the fuck is "Using the disc required to use the device" a mark against someone"?

Game Boy Interface is infinitely superior in every way because it has 240p support, no shit audio filter, and runs closer to the intended refresh of the GBA.

gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2782