Digital Homicide Suing 100 Steam Users for 18 Million

techraptor.net/content/digital-homicide-suing-100-steam-users-18-million
archive.is/AAfkA

This some next-level kikery right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/xAoyh
archive.is/QXKTt
drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B6FG7o2HBZWlbHRCcXJpSDNibm8?usp=drive_web
archive.is/3rhgE
archive.is/k1CXk
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6FG7o2HBZWlbHRCcXJpSDNibm8?pageId=105390416713216118855
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this guy completely unaware of how much of a fool he's out of himself?

This is flat out disgusting behavior no matter what kind of developers they are, how do they think they can get away with it? Instead of trying to sue maybe they should try and make better games?

*how much of a fool he's making out of himself

Valve doesn't even have to lawyer up for this. All they have to do is threaten to de-list this guy's games.

They are made of money however, and revealing Steam user identities would cost them more in PR than squashing a bug in court, so I don't expect this to go anywhere meaningful.

A little unrealistic, no?

Way to prove them wrong, eh, Digital Homicide?

And for writing bad reviews of their games, at that. Not even EA and Activision are that stupid.

It's the RIAA/MPAA model. Claim damages equaling some outrageous sum, settle out of court for a tiny fraction of it. It's basically extortion.

Narcissism is a funny disease.

The question is what do they have an ego about? It's one thing to say that most AAA or indie games have no effort or love into them, but these DH games are really amateur projects based entirely on stock assets that are sold on Steam, and yet the devs still think they did nothing wrong. It doesn't make sense.

Stop harassing him. You just proved him right. Way to go shitlords.

user. This is what happens when devs are baby'd. They start believing any shit they put out is gold and criticism is harassment.

I'd love to see how that unravels. It'll likely blow up in his face. Also, fuck off Jim, the Jimquisition is shit and you should kill yourself you fucking kike

Who baby'd these devs? And dont they know attacking communities is the one way to lose support?

Mental illness seldom make sense.
It's his creation, therefor it must be perfect. Because otherwise he would have to acknowledge that he failed and is not perfect. That is impossible in his diseased mind. Thus: His game is perfect, and all those detractors are slanderous liars.

Holy shit, when will this guy stop? This is just hilariously pathetic at this point. His games are steam trash and everyone knows it except for himself it seems.

I doubt they have a case, but I'm half tempted to quit Steam if Valve doesn't contest it.

On one hand, the case is so laughable that they can't do shit even if they had the names.
On the other, you still have to fuck about with countering it, and Valve should make a stand to show it's not right- not to mention they've been accused of doxxing.

Steam is also shutting down discussions of it on their forums:
archive.is/xAoyh
archive.is/QXKTt
Some users have also started a mass flagging/poor reviewing campaign.

Could it be Steam trying to stop the list of subpoena'd names from growing bigger,
or do they want to throw 100 users under the bus as quietly as possible?

This could be the controversy that breaks Steam's monopoly.

I stopped using steam when they released payed mods for Skyrim. I do not miss it, and have yet to miss out on anything.

So did they run out of meth money?

I doubt it will kill them or come close. I think it will have to be something on Valve's part that fucks with people's games before something of that level happens, like a mass deletion of people's accounts or some shit, but I will say this is some shady shit that Valve better explain quick before it becomes an issue.

Half of nothing is more realistic.

If they do this then Valve is fucked.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bad phrasing, I meant more that it cracks the armor, more users complain, they get treated shittly, Valve keeps doubling down, two or three incidents, and people move away over time.

IMO, best thing for users to do is make a stink. Scare Valve onto standing by the consumer in an issue they would win, so they have set a president when the issue is more blurred down the line (usernames of people who refuse to update their game that removes X content due to kikery)

Sure thing. Who need customers anyway?

I mean this lawsuit will probably go nowhere, but I do think Valve should respond to it and threads on the matter, regardless of how retarded it is. Valve literally have no reason not to speak up and side with the users since this guy has no fucking case. But as I said, at worst, it will make them seem shittier and people will grumble and grit their teeth for a while until the next Steam Sale. But I don't think they even responded to the whole paid modding thing till after the weekend so that's when I'd expect something out of their traps.

What kind of hack judge grants someone this insane a subpoena?

Mien sides.

Jesus fucking christ

That'd be hilarious as fuck.

PERSONAL DAMAGE

The same kind that makes a guy pay child support even when his wife divorces him after admitting the kid isn't even his, goes to live with the biological father who doesn't have to pay a dime, and both mother and biological father get to laugh their way to the bank on the ex husband's dime.

I guess that's the going rate for ass blastitis treatment these days. I blame the litigious nature of modern society.

This should be turned into "Jim Sterling is inciting harassment of poor minority devs from third world countries! Cis white men punching down is not acceptable in gaming community in the current year".

The dev hasn't virtue signaled though.
Not to mention he's a man (probably a white man), and his game looks like shit.

People supported Wu before they saw what she made.
No one is gonna support these guys.

drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B6FG7o2HBZWlbHRCcXJpSDNibm8?usp=drive_web

You'd think after this Valve would just de-list his games from Steam, but Valve have been proven time and time again to not give a shit about their customer base.

That will never happen. It's not that people will leave Steam, they won't, but the negative reception would be massive across customers and gaming websites. Plus it would ensure the DigiHom devs get even more shit thrown at them.

I'd be surprised if he did, he isn't sueing them for defamation, he's sueing them for "personal injury" because he knows they're fucking right about stealing assets. Besides I suspect the point isn't to win it's to drain the money of other people who criticize him and to silence everyone else. That most likely won't work though.

But this will only backfire in his face, the article states that Valve can counter the subpena, it would be in Valve's best interest to counter it in order to gain free PR.

Valve didn't give refunds until they got sued and lost, if they counter it it's because they can't shake the shekels out of the 100 users without causing an uproar.

Incidentally if you don't write a non-copypasta angry letter at them it might help.

Dear Valve,

yfw when law drama between devs, pubs and other shits is more entertaining than modern video games

Is this judge fucking retarded? so now devs can get your info and sue you for giving them a negative review, fucking wonderful.

Hate speech is literally worse than murder you shitlord. 2nd only to rape.

But assuming these people leaving the reviews lived in different states or countries it would be more trouble then its worth.

*raises paw*
Ummm. I thought there's no such thing as hate speech??

STOP HARASSING ME OR I'LL FUCKING SUE YOU YOU DISGUSTING NECKBEARD MANCHILD

Good luck, I'm behind 7 lawyers

With another behind you

He's probably american. It comes with the culture.

No one noticed the REALLY scary part.

Women

I suggest you all listen to the interview Jim Sterling did with him. Just to see how deluded he really is.

It's pure fucking gold.

I'm not surprised this idiot and his brother are doing this. They make some of the worst games ever and get mad when criticised.

Oh shit someone tell valve some autist is almost mad enough to stop using their DRM platform

Wtf do you guys keep shitting on it?
Nothing has EVER happened to me or my steam games and I haven't heard of anyone getting problems either.
So what?
It's the same with amazon kindle books.

To add more:
You don't own gold either, a German bank told a guy who bought gold that they can't give it to him.

That's embarrassing

As much of a cuck Sterling is, holy shit that was fucking funny. You could tell he had a grudge against the living landmass.

because of autism, same thing with linux fags

You just know there's some dumbass CEO who read this and is planning on doing something similar after seeing their publicity skyrocket

Nobody really had an opinion on it until something like a year and a half ago, and now suddenly if you use it you're cancer and should kill yourself. I even see people shitting on GOG every now and then.

It's the new hipsterism. You must only eat organic and freerange, you may only dress in things hand-made by some schlub in a south-american country you've never heard of, and you may only play games you've made yourself. Probably coded onto punchcards.

Thanks, I thought it was serious or that there's something way bigger about steam that I wasn't aware of.

It seems they're gone now. No statement, so either they finally kicked him off or he rage-quit.

What's the next step, suing Valve?

I'd love to live in a world where that trial gets the same attention as the Hogan trial

Holy shit, they really are gone. What did he expect Valve to do, willingly hand him sensitive user information? I just wonder whats going to happen now, I'm looking forward to see them suing Valve for "personal injury" or something.

I hope he wins.

You're too late friend, he already lost.

It's too perfect a plan not to work.

That is a rather defeatist attitude.

Steam went and pulled the plug on them entirely. They're dead.

Of course you do, You'd rather all indie devs have a precedent for suing people who criticise them

kys twice

Valve better contest this holy shit.

In the extremely unlikely case of this going through, it would allow for just about anyone to sue for giving bad reviews of any product. This shit is stifling.

Considering Valve removed DigiHom's pretense off the store, we have nothing to worry about

That doesn't remove the fact that a federal magistrate judge greenlighted a Valve subpoena to give the identities of those who wrote the reviews.

New wallpaper!

So it's now Digital Suicide

Holy shit. Refresh the article. Looks like Valve isn't putting up with this shit.

Fuck, you beat me to it.

ESL retardbro

Are you sure it's not a (((community manager)))? Steam's crawling full of those.

Perfect.

Bob's Game Syndrome

Because EA and Activision know they'd never have a case. The fact that he even got a subpoena in the first place is beyond belief.

This can't be real

Can't they sue them for that? Please, I don't want this to be over. I just want Steam users to die horribly. Is that too much to ask?

I am going to sue both of you for criticising me. I've already told my mum by the way.

I love how valve gets in fags faces and doesn't take any backtalk from cucks, I love how triggered they make contrarian 14 year old faggots here because they know they have no power and valve will never care about their opinion.
Don't like it? Leave and use a better service, oh wait :^)

literally what games?

Digital homicide? What's that? :^)

I'd say it's more like Digital Suicide.

The only thing they've made of note is The Slaughtering Grounds. And that's only because Jim and Angry Joe shit all over it.

Thay don't have a hope in hell of getting that user info or winning any lawsuits.

Not only is the first amendment a nice hefty brick wall in these types of cases, but if they really did use stolen assets then they are the ones that can be sued by other studios for copyright infringement.

GG no re.

They*
The one time autocorrect doesn't kick in…

Sterling is cancer but come on now, we don't want to set this precedent.

What they were asking for was for steam to turn over the personal information of over 100 clients.

If they did so over such obviously fraudulent charges they would lose a shitload of PR, which they increasingly worried about since EA bad press and paid for mods.
I'm sure Valve has a pretty decent legal team considering they've been in and out of court with governments.
Some faggot with a enlarged ego wouldn't stand much of a chance.

I would sell my soul to Satan himself just for the chance to shit in the mouths of everyone who is like this and make them chew it.

This is what happens when the unwashed masses get the right to express their "creativity".

Huh?

There's nothing creative about this, it's just some lazy scammers.

You mean unwashed autistics.

which they do by conning people out of legal fees obtained by stalking and harassing their identities

Broteam is streaming talking about it.

How did he manage to collect these peoples photos?
Is this autism?

No, he still believes everyone is out to get him.

The saddest thing is that he mentions he has kids. I just hope they don't tell anyone who their dad is.

litterly woh

Basically all he's doing is screencapping negative reviews of his game that hurt his feelings.

Someone has been doing it for years on /int/

I quit using Steam because of their general fuckery, and I didn't even have to get banned to get sick of their shit. I don't care if I abandoned my fucking game library. It's not like I paid full price or even "sale" prices for most of that shit. Thanks, G2A.

Now I buy NoGameStation 3 games on G2A. Well, sorta, as they're digital only, I pretty much rent them.

GoG has some issues like using fan made patches/hacks and going out of their way to remove the reference to original creator, or the fact that a lot of the developers have been defunct for ages so buying games there is likely filling pockets of the likes of EA and Activision who have been sitting on the licences since then, but instead of those more legitimate complaints most people seem to just project their opinion on CDProject RED or Witcher games muh downgrade on GoG.

As for problems on steam i had a fried who bought a shady code and/or used a VPN to activate it and got that game removed.

Also people need to remember that ToS is not above the law and clicking agree an unlawful document can't actually relinquish relinquish your consumer rights. If if ever actually came to blows with steam and courts would decided that digital goods are still goods that are bought and sold (like 'Urp has been making sounds a bit) steam can shout how they are all "exclusive licence subscription" at their whim until they turn blue and will either have to change their ToS and withdraw the service and pay damages. It just that for now eveyone is content with the status quo since there wasn't a big enough shitstorm.

If he loses and he will, that makes he will be bankrupt, which he already is.

I can't wait.

This reminds me of the paranautical activity dev. Too bad his game is unoptimized as fuck. And I'll use Steam for as long as it exists. People sell games for way too much money here. Steam's prices are humane on sale in comparison.

Whelp Valve teaming up with Bethesda for the paid Mods and Valve essentially abusing the centralised system of steam to try and shut down descent for starters, then they only gave refunds after they got sued and lost, and Steam itself is data mining you (both your vidya and any other steam services you use) and if you remotely cared about your privacy you'd be against that alone on principle.

*Oh yeah, I forgot, Steam having absolute control over your vidya to take it away from you because you don't "own it" and requires a crack and a separate folder so they can't just arbitrarily take anything they want await from you since the service is centralized and required to play games thus allowing that kind of control. This includes the workshop for things like Mods (see facilitating paid Mods).

That's because Holla Forums hates video games, and all things related to playing, storing, or acquiring video games.

yes, Holla Forums is one person

this is pathetic

I want to fuck that cat in the pussy

There is no pussy to be had there user. Atleast not a normal one.

So like scrodinger's cat? There's a pussy but not really? Just tell me already I need to fuck that cat.

Even. Better.

Imagine if he comes here and start suing us using our IDs like they did with the steam IDs.

That would be glorious.

You guys need help this shit is gay.

What? Are you not man enough to fuck a cat-boy in his boipussy?

What are you? Gay?

That is a compelling argument.

Yes I hear boipussy is all the rage these days.

But user, most people on Holla Forums aren't gay.

What's so gay about fucking a cat?

Who else user? Steam them selves. Altering comment sections so a devs feefees don't get hurt. Forcing a good comment on front page when overall % calls the game shit. Just imagine every honestly shit game in Gamestop with a sticker on it calling the stickered game, "Great Experience". It'd be a fucking lie so the devs learn nothing from their shit game.

that's a catboy

Legalize punching retards.

Four
Count 'Em
Four Vaginas

So is it a boy or a girl?

it's a boy

Even if it's a pussy?

there is no pussy down there

They got kicked out of steam already, I'm going to be laughing when they waste the little money they could have jewed out of retards on a pointless lawsuit.

Can someone tell me who this Digital Homicide guy is?
This is the first I'm hearing of him.

Just a guy that develops shovelware

It's a company made by the Romine brothers. They came to fame when they released The Slaughtering Grounds. It was eviscerated by Jim sterling because it was a piece of shit

Then DH hit back Jim's review video by reuploading it and putting childish rage and insults over the top. They continued to release shitty asset-flipped games and Jim kept reviewing them.

They then blamed him for poor sales and he said he would leave them alone. Of course nothing changed and they continued to shovel their shit onto Steam and when it didn't sell they decided to sue Jim.

The lawsuit isn't even over and they're doing this shit now.

You really should listen to the interview Jim did with one of the brothers before they sued him. Hilariously cringey and showed how retarded they are.

Ohhhhh, THAT'S why I've never heard of it.

Fair reason. This lawsuit is definitely the most attention they've gotten at least.

amusingly enough on the fat fucks channel its the video in question that autoplays front and center with 2.1m views while the rest is 300k views or lower.

1 year on and he's still leeching off this lulfest

In his defense: So would I.
I haven't watched his stuff ever since he left The Escapist after proving that he's willing to look past shit developers do, so long they're his friends. However, the more I read about those DH guys, the more amazed I am. I've seen gaming companies do shitty things, but this is on another level. I mean look at how they're defending their shit. They must genuinely believe that their games aren't trash.
My brain fails to comprehend how that's even possible. I mean, what bizarro world are they living in, in which they look at The Slaughtering Grounds and go "Yup. This deserves sales".

Yeah, their stupidity is staggering.

this stupid fucking kike!

Smart/10

If it was just stupidity, it would be one thing. What really boggles my mind is that they must believe the shit they're saying.

I wanted to make a remark about how they must have gone to the EA school of PR, but no, not even EA went that far.

and whats this all prove? that you're autistic and want people to use a dead OS? or that you want them to use even more DRM restrictive piece of hardware? (console)

Somehow I think that'd be the end of his shit.

One thing to point out is that the devs still released their games onto Steam, they did so under different aliases for the a while. And so people still shat on them without realizing they were DH games.

That's against most laws. I hope a person he tries to sue files charges and he ends up in prison.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that. Makes it even funnier.

Sums it up exactly.

This is how important reviewers think they are

if only he had taken jim with him

As retarded as totalbiscuit is jim should have been the one to get terminal cancer

To be fair, they did blame ALL their misfortunes on Jim

Where did he say that?

He did nothing but shit on his games, the only popularity that they ever had was when he did those videos. They fell into irrelevancy right afterwards, even mid-lawsuit.

They're suing him for 10 million, too. It's a fucking shitshow, waste of life. A bunch of fucking insects going at it, trying to lawyer their way to success. Somebody should put them out of their misery, but they're not worth the time.

Update.

After having their games removed from Steam, Valve went the extra step.

archive.is/3rhgE

I sincerely hope they try to sue Valve, would be hilarious.

more like Digital Suicide

And this got the approval of a judge? At least Valve finally put their foot down on one developer being hostile to their consumers, if only they can do that to the rest, but then again I doubt there are threats of suing customers yet.

I love this guy, he is a top tier shitposter troll. A real hero, a real human bean. Respect.

archive.is/k1CXk

How do they still think they're in the right? What the fuck?

Are these guys insane? Surely the must realize that attacking your customerbase, even the shitty ones is a recipe for suiciding your rep?

Yeah, they've been acting like that for a year now. Their terrible, asset-flipped (and stolen) games are
everyone else's responsibility for being that way.

He lives in Yuma AZ, which is pretty close to my mom's house. It's a pretty ghetto white-trash town.

That explains everything

Oh fuck, the guy's from my state?

I guess their point is to get reparation shekels, not so much maintaining reputation

If he has to advertise his need for a lawyer then I assume all actual lawyers he has seen have rejected to take his case.

His rep never mattered. All his games have shitty reviews and that was fine because people couldn't get refunds and they were cheap. But now steam has introduced refunds, allowing refunds for games that aren't fun or are broken, so all the people who are looking for a so-bad-it's-good game can get their dosh back and he's lost his scammy source of income. Now him and his ilk are desperately scrambling for some new source of income to supplement their government assistance.

Ha jim the fat fuck cuck sterling thinks he's relevant.

$124,980 dollars a year in patreon support.

He's not relevant to us, but he is relevant to a lot.

I wish I too, was american.

He's British.

That is not any better

Never said it was, calm down.

If it's Yuma then he's not white trash. Probably a spic or a redskin

Lots of Americans are converted Brits. Piers Morgan for example.

I will never understand his fans.

we live in times, dear anons, that are unfuckingbelivable! Just imagine you had heard this news 15 years ago in a games magazin,

Immigrant please.

But he's the one that voices them. Most people don't really have the time to voice their opinions with any level of presentation, so when someone does echo chamber their opinions in such a way they'll support them.

It's not too difficult to understand, especially when you realize that most people only give 2-3 dollars each.

Check his hispter welfare, fucking SJW indie clique along with other game journos, and of course plenty of his sycophant asslickers who cheer on him and his wife's son.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6FG7o2HBZWlbHRCcXJpSDNibm8?pageId=105390416713216118855

Here's the documentss

And Valve has the option to contest it, I am sure that they will too. Let's see how the Romines do against Gabe Newell's overpaid group of attorneys.

Watched a stream earlier which analysed it. Great watch and it was funny to see how dumb the Romine brothers are.
Especially the ridiculous estimates on the potential profit from their games which was lost due to the "harassment".

I always assume it's money laundering one way or another, "content creation" or "streamer" are just fronts.

wow you're a real cutie girl here's 20k anonymous e-dollars.

no, it's taking advantage of kids who don't have much in the way of real friends and they think that these people care about them at all which they may do nothing more then because their they're livelihood

this is one of the reasons you shouldn't let your kids have money till they're much older to really grasp why wasting it isn't good

All their cancerous games are on Amazon now. Of course they're getting the reviews they deserve.