MUDS

So why don't you losers play games with actual depth to them instead of bitching about limited graphical games.

What's wrong? Illiterate?

Other urls found in this thread:

lostsouls.org
pastebin.com/3yqnywjN
strawpoll.me/11243305
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vayra/Character_Building_-_skillsets_and_starting_packages
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vayra/Vayra's_Elaborate_Scrub_Guide
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Makoto/Brains_Whips_Scrub_Guide
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Uriel's_Guide_to_Hellmoo
pastebin.com/mx63KigB
digital-signal.net/index.php/free-music
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Mudlet
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Hooligan
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/HellWiki:Current_events
roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
hellmoo.org/
eotl.org/
eotl.borkweb.com/view/Main_Page
eotl.pbworks.com/w/page/7876123/FrontPage
archive.is/mmC4I
poal.me/jft4y6
topmudsites.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh fuck, I haven't played a MUD since like the early 90's.
People still play these?

Yes, the hobby has dwindled, but MUDs have continued on and advanced in many ways.

fuck off

God is dead.

I feel like when you reach the level of freedom and roleplay that a MUD can offer you now…why play a MUD at all?
At that point, why not play an actual tabletop campaign IRL with other players?
Might as well have the real thing instead of essentially typing up a surrogate.

vs rather just playing a MUD with hundreds of unique people to play with, no setup time, no management hassle.

Basically they are what MMOs always promise but never are, because they have depth to them. The only thing they don't have is graphics, so you better be able to read, nigger.

I don't know why you're insisting that people here can't read or that it's special to read and type shit.

We're on fucking Holla Forums, we type and read all goddamn day, we interact via text with other people, it's all we do.

And every single person here has been roleplaying consistently for years as a huge shitposting faggot, it might as well be the main cookie cutter build of the board itself, Holla Forums has turned into a sort of MMO for many people and they're all addicted to it.

I haven't insisted that anons can't read. I never phrased it as such, and my point wasn't even centered around reading.

you'll have to excuse him, he can't read

I play tapestries and fucking SWIM in furry pussy so fuck you.

HellMOO was a good time 10 years ago.

Which that are still active are worth investing time in? Not interested if the majority involved are there only for beast race fetish shit.

www.topmudsites.com

The one in the OP is Icesus. Has a unique setting, but standard fantasy races (lots to pick from though), skills/spells and the like are handled through joining various guilds or orders (such as the Templars of the four elements)

That's just one though, there are dozens of good MUDs.

I'd rather not deal with the retardation plaguing online games, especially BR and Ruskies.

Mob and loot variety doesn't equal depth.

Recommendation;
Discworld mud. Genuinely hilarious and clever game, actually difficult, pretty fun. Very unlike standard 'kill goblin with fireball' hack n slash, and you don't have to like terry pratchett to find it entertaining.
Excellent parser.
Finally; loads of actual fucking players!
Shilling complete

You know, I was thinking that we all join a mud together, maybe /tg/ will want to come.

Try being able to craft whatever you want, entire player based economies, leading cities, limitless interactivity with environment (basically whatever you can think of can be scripted).

MUDs are far less limited than graphical games precisely because they can describe whatever is necessary and your imagination fills in the details. There is no clash between design and depth. No simplification to make gameplay fit visually unlike graphical games.

What games can individual players influence lore? In MMO bullshit you can't influence jack shit. You're just another copy of race/class wearing different armor (maybe) with different colored hair. You don't mean shit to the lore of the setting, you interact with the setting, but have no lasting affect on it. In MUDs however the opposite is often true. Player based factions, wars, territories, bounty hunting and the like shape the world they are playing in. Building houses, ships, furniture, weapons, musical instruments, tools, castles, forts, cabins, etc. etc.

MUDs are practically limitless. As you can write whatever you want into a story MUDs can craft whatever you want gameplay wise, with as little or as much detail as you want. MUDs are only limited by their developer's imagination.

That would be cool to arrange, if enough people could settle on a particular MUD.

I'd give it a shot, it might wean me off the shitty MMO I keep poking at.

English is not my native language.

I guess the question is are there any muds anons know? Or should we just look at the top 10 and decide from there?

I wish I had the attention span to get into MUDs, they seem hella fun

The latter seems alright to me.

How else will you learn?

By immersing into daily life in an English-speaking country. Just the same way how you learn Japanese.

After that you can play text-rich computer games.

You would replace "immersing" there with "delving" and "how you" with "you would".

Writing/reading skills are more easily picked up online I think, you are generally exposed to a greater variety of words and people will be more willing to correct you, whereas it can be awkward in person.

I'm pretty familiar with Icesus, but I'm open to pretty much anything.

Let me take a peak at the top ones. I've been thinking about doing this for a while.

Are there any new muds these days?

I do play MUDs though, I spend most of my time on this one.
lostsouls.org

I'm looking at that one now, any reason on particular you like it, or that its just familiar?

Also checked

Sorry, grandpa, not interested in staring at a black screen and some text all day. 2D is fine, 3D is the future, DOS is dead and anything older than 1986 is reaching too far back to give a shit. There's a reason people listen to music and read literature from centuries ago, and it's because they're timeless. You can't say the same for garbage like this shit.

I picked it at random back in 2002. I got into it particularly because I liked its game balance, solid party system (complete with rows so tanks can protect weaker members), robust skill selection and unique character growth.

You spend experience to train skills, to level up at a guild location, or to buy advancement points which are needed for leveling up as well as can be spent to raise an attribute.

The setting is interesting. The sizeable world map is all that's left of the world because of a cataclysm. The climate, flora, and fauna all replicate northern europe.

My favorite character was a troll monk. Joining that guild is not easy because you have to travel way out into the mountains to the monestary. It wasn't usual to make a troll monk, but high regeneration, strength, and endurance work well for an unarmed fighter. Only downside to trolls is their low intelligence (no problem for a monk) and being around light hurts you unless you have something that absorbs light. Dark Elves have the same problem with daylight.

There are a lot of little things like that giving tons of variety to the game. Hell I once even played a straight no combat alchemist. Brewing potions and selling them in merchant stalls to players for profit.

I meant to say I've played it off and on from 2002.

It's not my ultimate suggestion for a MUD to play though. That would be Accursed Lands, but it's enforced roleplay. You have to play your character serious and in character. Great immersion though. I built a cabin on it and it took like 8 real hours to complete (including chopping the trees that were needed to build it down)

Fuck off hipster fag. Holla Forumsscape/RuneScape 2007 is good enough.

look at this man and laugh

tl;dr

i remember when gilmore wasn't a little bitch caving into crying furry demands

He's calling you a fucking imbecile and wants to cut your throat and shit down it because you're not playing an old game

hellmoo and hatemoo were one of the best games ive ever played. less graphics allow more depth.
I loved walking around and making npcs literally explode with my aciddick

oh shit nigga is dat sum Aardwolf?

Daily reminder that letting Alastor wizard on a hellmoo fork is the fastest way to kill it since he's literally insane.

If other anons have suggestions I'm open to it. I would almost rather one someone is familiar with. Aardwolf seems the biggest though, and with some graphics options.

Why not just go hellmoo? Fuck the furries, if we have enough of us maybe we could take it over/force them out?

Last time i tried hellmoo me and my friends got banned for setting off a nuke in freedom city.
We then moved to hatemoo which was even more dead, dont think it even exists anymore.

Years later i tried infernomoo, but they replaced the orphanage with a clone factory because of "muh evil pedophiles".
When i complained about it a admin went out if his way to hit me with an lightning, almost killing me.

Fuck the ban, lets nuke the city.

Also is there any way around sucking that old dudes dick in the museum?

close your eyes and let it happen, it probably wont be your last time

Remember the 10000000000 billion clones of Dragon Ball Saga when that codebase got leaked? Yeah, they're all dead now, what a surprise.
They were shit, but I still had fun bullying autistic manchildren back in the day

Sounds good, be interested to see how long it lasts at the least.

I'd definitely give it a shot. Any ideas on what MUDs we're gonna try?

I play roguelikes (mostly ADoM and ZAngband) for my fix of complex games. And I don't need a Second Life/Minecraft social/crafting layer on my gameplay.

What for?

Usually cancer.

Can and will are two different things.

I'm a loner, so not interested in forming parties and guilds, PvP, griefing, etc.

I tried DikuMUD decades ago for a few days and never played any other MUD since then.

The sentence should have been organized like "By immersing myself in the everyday life of an English-speaking country, just like how you would to learn any language."
In context, 'delving' is too exploratory, becoming immersed is a better comparison to make. A complete restructure is more appropriate to address a few specific things:
Into is a good descriptor for entering, but 'In' is more appropriate for changing your state of being and location. Daily is better used as 'Everyday', similar meanings but with nuance to 'Daily' referring especially to something that recurs daily, and 'Everyday' referring to a normal situation or status you encounter everyday. The 'Everyday' mail would be about normal and uninteresting things regardless of if you actually get it every day, the 'Daily' mail is news you get daily.
'Just the same' is used correctly here, but I feel that 'Just like how' is a better descriptor to ensure it is clear you are referring to the manner of how you learn English. This allows you to merge excess words and the partial sentences into one complex sentence. Starting with 'By' can be ignored because you take the greentext as a presumed question, with an imaginary 'I would do that' inserted. Most people do things like this when responding on imageboards in general.
You can't learn Japanese. Japanese is a good comparison, but naturalization is required for most languages, so it's more potent to just use the general form or comparison of 'any language'.
If I were to write that sentence from scratch, I'd take a different approach to the structure entirely, but I feel the syntax is generally improved from my changes.
Embed tangentially related.

How have I not known this?

Haven't forgotten. Any other muds you fags play?

I played HellMOO, I made a bunch of scripts too: pastebin.com/3yqnywjN

Fuck knows chum. But it's very robust.
In game char name is Dalziel (because fuck you that's why), HMU for pointers and shit and probably an in game pint of Morporkian ale

UNRELATED
I cannot for the life of me connect to hell moo, I always used to use Charon anyway but now I can't connect using mudmagic or mushclient. Anyone got a live hell fork?

You guys just wanna do Aardwolf then? Looks big, its on the top,
and it has some graphical features

you could always use PowerShell or the Linux Terminal

I'm so confused as to how these games actually work.
Can someone explain it to me? Or show me a good one to try?

Can we get a Holla Forums group for hellmmo?
Not only would NORMALFAGS never play it, but the meme potential is limitless.

Effectively you connect to a server and do stuff by typing in commands

I don't see the point. While I love hatemoo, hellmoo is just a sad hugbox mockery of it, and any Holla Forums group would be doomed to banhammering.

If Hate were still alive, I'd be down to make a group in a heartbeat.

Supposedly there's an offshoot of hatemoo called infernomoo available at inferno.optiquest.org:7777 but I'm not sure if it isn't crippled like hellmoo as I haven't actually played it

Hellmoo isn't even that bad right now. There's plenty of opportunity to PK, unless you're talking about the inability to lockpick player houses. There's a reason why that stopped.

ded

Because I read enough outside of vidya and I don't want to read more

Get the fuck out of here. My knowledge is at least 3 years old. Did it change for the better?

I kinda really want to explore hellmoo, I played it a bunch a long while back during another mud thread and it was actually really fun exploring and pissing on everything

But it was hella boring alone, I joined some group that was recruiting but they never if anything, if you nigs are down to play that shit I'm down too

rip, although there does seem to be a server up at that address I only remembered it existing from seeing the name while reading up on some hellmoo drama

There was a serb reset back in April. It's alot better now. Pretty much everywhere outside of FC is PVP territory.

Nope, I can already read the writing on the wall with this one. FC is a "safe space" and the 'no-pvp' rule inside of it is either literally hard-coded into the game, or you instantly get 99999999999999999999999999 assraper NPCs/mods on your ass if you even attempt it without consent, complete with being blacklisted for a certain amount of time. Tell me if I'm close here.

Either way, it's not enough. As long as FC remains carebear central; as long you can't fuck with anyone, anywhere, then the game is still fundamentally shit.

75% of the game is a red zone now and there were no visible carebear autists.

Though it doesn't matter, I just tried connecting and it seems its ded. rip.

I still disagree that it's carebear free, but whatever. We'll shelve that.

Dead as in no playerbase, or dead as in the games no longer up?

as far as I know, the system is as thus:

of course, this is unless you feel like being online for the duration of the challenge, which was at least 12 hours iirc. this really does not promote pvp of any sort.

I just tried connecting to it at hellmoo.org:7777 and it seemed to be down
However this seems to be ipv4/ipv6 related as by default it tried connecting to the ipv6 address (2001:470:4a:2:7ae3:b5ff:fe18:da6c) and it failed. but connecting to the ipv4 address (207.135.97.140) works

So did we decide on one or should I just make a decision?

From what I can see no decision was reached, so go ahead and pick one

Out of all the ones ITT, hellmoo is the most meme mud and probably the easiest for everyone to get into. It would also be the easiest to have server wide sway in if we got enough anons.

I'm alright with that.

Whats that e-poll website that isnt shit? I'm going to make one then, hellmoo is popular but some anons here have issues against it. Otherwise I say Aardwolf, because its big, but it would be a bit more "serious" so I dont know how some anons feel about that.

I'd say poal.me but it appears to be ded

Well shit, I'm actually reading up on hellmoo now. The more I read the more I think its a terrible idea, but also an excellent idea, a terrible excellent idea.

I'll just use strawpoll and leave it up for a bit. My preference would be fantasy but anything with anons is normally entertaining.
strawpoll.me/11243305

The only problems with hellmoo is the grind, the insulated playerbase and the grind. Since I'm assuming there's no active hellmoo players on 8ch which would mean we would possibly get griefed off the moo for being a new corp that materialized out of nowhere.

Though it is the most meme game. Last time I played it it seemed that everyone who was playing lurked 4chan at some point and the ERP levels were at a minimum.

I didn't play hellmoo when it was bad, but I don't think it's comparable to what it supposedly was. There were carebear corps but they were never visible in chatnet.

Flexible Survival best MUD.

Keep voten negros. Ill call it in a bit.

how much time is 'a bit'

Its 3vand 3 now, I myself haven't voted yet. Its been up for 4 hours. Ill give it one more then flip to break the tie if there still is one.

only a few minutes, vote if you haven't looks like hellmoo is going to win

Votes closed, hold on to your dicks because it looks like its Hellmoo, don't let that stop you if you want to play something else.

Also what client do you fags recommend for this? We should also probably put out names in the thread so we know who is who. This is also my first time playing this so if we have some anons who know what is what nows the time to give some tips.

Yeah, InfernoMOO still exists, even if the population is pretty low.

Although MUSHclient seems to be the standard client on windows, Mudlet is pretty nice, is natively multiplatform and is free as in freedom

If anything, a MUD client ought to be FOSS.

Started yesterday, got my weenie cleenied by a nice guy named cron, he taught me a bunch of stuff and now I'm a bit less shit at the game, he also gave me some money after I blew most of my starter money on a steel athletic cup

IGN is Gobab, maybe we should start an in game equivalent of a guild or something, or maybe a hang-out place to gather at

I don't like the word "MUD" for a genre

My knowledge is probably outdated, but the wiki's definitely is. Some not shit pages:

hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vayra/Character_Building_-_skillsets_and_starting_packages
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vayra/Vayra's_Elaborate_Scrub_Guide
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/User:Makoto/Brains_Whips_Scrub_Guide
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Uriel's_Guide_to_Hellmoo

it's important to map out your character beforehand, if you roll bad stats, you're going to have to reroll

guns are OP

whips are good

clubs are the easiest to use and require minimal effort to minmax and aren't shit

fists are dps and great against lower parry class weapons

spears parry everything but are slow

blades aren't very good

if we're going to make a corp, we're going to need some brainy folks for crafting. brainy don't have to be completely useless in combat and can use whips or clubs or guns reliably.

Oh neat.
how do I connect with a client?
I think I'm doing it right but its not connecting

hellmoo.org:7777 isn't working, try 207.135.97.140:7777

How many people do we have doing this thing?

Shit, it's been awhile since I played any of the moos, but I'm down.

ayyyyy, that worked. Let me dick around, I need to get used to the client and shit.
Name is Biff

Requested character Tannon, not got the email yet though.

Hey, I'm Halspin.

can confirm, I ended up getting some really high blades level to the point where there was like only one player on the server who could train me

blades were still shit, and high level blades are a pain to get/expensive.

Venire here

Looks like one guy already rerolled, which is nice to know its easy. I figure once we get established it will be easier for new guys. Also there are ways to split up the windows to make it more bearable. I'll look into that in a bit.

And I think I fucked up the dreams before.

I rolled as Godmaster.

I played hatemoo religiously a few years back, but it's been long enough that I've forgotten just about everything. I'll be taking it slowly while I relearn basic commands and everything else.

Right. I'm rolled up for a crafting build, fyi.

same
how do turns work? is it whoever can type faster? are there any tilesets? good linux client?

I did craft and sci

someone should be our head knocker.

I have yet to receive my email.

What's best client? I'll try to learn this game and maybe join you all

Depends. I've favored MUSHclient for years now. It is feature rich without any of the bullshit that drags down other clients for me.

well, MUSHClient has done fine by me, but I'm definitely not very experienced with MUD clients, so take that with a grain of salt.

On this note, anyone know how to separate chat and map from the main window. My head is starting to hurt.

A good linux client would be mudlet (but there are some other clients I haven't tried that could possibly be better), the turns work on a timed basis (so you attack once every x seconds after targeting a dude), but being able to type fast might be able to help you react to things faster

You can use MUSHclient on linux as well. It works just fine through wine.

Decided to roll a brawny spear character. I was a bit undecided on what else to take, so I grabbed swimming, climbing, and wrestle. My faint memories of the game are telling me this is incredibly subpar, but whatever.

I will make sure I can headbutt. I will grapple and headbutt them all and they will learn.

I use mudlet, best for making triggers and scripts.

I'll make something real quick.

ah makes sense, im grabbing mudlet, atm
do we have a corp yet?

planning on going spears + writhing smoke + chiller or carrie for now

Laughter. I'm pretty sure everyone started this very day. I doubt we have anyone with over 5k xp at this point.

downloading mudlet now. Been ages since I played HellMOO.

Feels good man

Wheres a good place to sleep?
I just got past character gen.

You have to rent a place if you have no corp. There are cheap apartments just outside FC at bradbury.

Cube motel, right above the orphanage.

for

Bob Barker here
starting up a new character
Reminder that I have an old stash of plugins: pastebin.com/3yqnywjN

You're a pretty cool guy Bob

>pastebin.com/mx63KigB

I can't get my old redirector script for mudlet working. Going to use this instead.

this will work with mudlet?

No, unfortunately. Mushclient only.

what do we have so far?

as far as I can tell, between half-a-dozen and a dozen newbies of varying degrees of previous experience.

First person to 15k should make a corp. What should we name it? I was thinking WEW for traditional 8ch, but I can't think of a good acronym for it.

Or alternatively, we infiltrate various corps and make a corp when we're not all under 10k xp.

The corp should be named KEK. also I'm Krimson in game anons

From what I've seen on the thread, we've got 1 (2??) brainy crafters, one of which is using clubs, 1 spear/beeftank, and that's about it. There's other people, but they haven't chimed in yet on what they're doing.

Fucking codemonkey let me post.

I'm gonna go whips.

Well that took some getting used to. I'll probably hope back on later, the orphanage is crowded right now.

BobBarker rolled rifle+repair+medic

Tannon rolled: rifle, medic, locksmith, sneak

Brawn: 11
Brains: 11
Cool: 12
Reflex: 12

I'll be back in a little bit, quit at the cube hotel in the meantime, got something I have to take care of.

Is there a command I can set to never wield a certain weapon? I have a flint knife for carving purposes, but it keeps auto-wielding itself during battle and it's cramping my style.

I used 'ready' on my military fork, but the damn knife just keeps equipping.

ready fork and nothing

still waiting on this email

Thanks, that did it. I forgot that spears were 1 handed weapons.

now for the grinnnnd

no response from [email protected]/* */ :l

I would try requesting the same character name with a temp email service.

I never found sneak to be super useful, if you're taking locksmith i'd consider taking hack as well.

Consider rerolling, or don't, whatever. Just sucks to reroll way later on.

I've decided to reroll. Should I go fists to become a abom or shoot shit.

If we get a corp going I'd love to have a hacker+locksmith so we can go raid apartments (something I've never done, seems cool)

finally got in,about to roll
ign: Vhape

digital-signal.net/index.php/free-music for hellmoo inspired music

Abom is Dante Must Die level of difficulty. Only take it if you know exactly what you're doing.

Fists are good though. Can't go wrong with always having your weapons on hand.

what skills go well with fists

Fucking HellMOO man. I got into this just about a year after its heyday (which I seem to have a habit of doing), got into a good corp, got booted because of buttdevestation unrelated to me, played through a reset, played through the Gilmorepocalypse, tried to go hardcore, died in hardcore twice, switched to InfernoMOO, eventually lost interest. I don't have free time these days but I might jump in if it's with Holla Forums. What's our future corp makeup look like right now? Anyone have some stories from the glory days to drum up interest? Is effective xp still out for no good reason?

mudlet chat script guide
hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Mudlet

It's a pure combat skill. Outside of fighting, it doesn't really go all that well with other things.

But since its primary stats are brawn and endurance, you'll have to dump some points in there to make taking fists worthwhile, which will probably lock you out of lockpicking, brainy shit like crafting, so on and so on.

is possible to cram reflex,endurance,brawn,brains if i keep brawn low, for spears?

Trying to spread yourself over 4 stats might be too much. There's nothing stopping you from doing it though.

reminder to always powerattack when you can

When I was blades last time I bound power to my NUM5 key, I'd suggest this anyone planning to melee

rip, 1 ingame day is like 6 hours right?

Does there exist a MUD where I can summon ghostly weapons and slipt skulls?

help time tells me time goes at a 8x rate, so 1 in game day would be 3 hours

Oh nice, mutlet lets me adjust font size.
Now I need to become smart enough to set up that chat box and mapper, then I;m gold.

I need to stop climbing into the furnace

for the chat box, you can put the following in a new script
local WindowWidth, WindowHeight = getMainWindowSize();createMiniConsole("chat",WindowWidth-950,0,950,300)setMiniConsoleFontSize("chat", 9)
in a new script and then set a trigger for the chat phrases with the code
moveCursorEnd("main")selectCurrentLine("main")copy()appendBuffer("chat")
This should set up a chat miniconsole (if you want it to delete the redirected line just add deleteLine() after the appendbuffer().

Consider ripping the RegEx from my chat redirector script, it's the important part

>pastebin.com/mx63KigB

I chuckled.

Maybe we could try setting up a party so we have some communications?

time to grind again!!!!!

invite me
Vhape

Consider trying to join MEME until we can get our own corp (it's gonna take some credits for the corp apartment rent). It's a newbie oriented corp and by being in a player corp you'll get access to corp contracts, along with the benefits of players helping you.

Whatever you do you want to try to get into player-corp ASAP

WHO IS MEME, IS HE COOL?

I'm in MEME, it's okay.

How would we go about joining?

Just asking, he came up on me and another guy. We got scared and ran.

"page LoveMachine I wanna join"

lel

also if you type "who" you can see who is in what corp and who has rank

If you on, tell him it was Biff and vernain
sorry if I got your name wrong, you were cool
He came up, pissed on the ceiling and then said join my shit, and cracked his knuckles. We didn't know what to do and booked it.

its actually pretty normal behavior in HellMOO

thanks

You can butcher asses right off of people, I was terrified. Maybe he was horny and would rape us to death. I don't man. Is he cool? I figure with a name like meme he has to be pretty chill.

He's cool. I told him to fuck off when he wanted me to join his gaylord corp, but then 20 seconds later he used a medkit on me.

finally gen'd my actual character
went with spear,chem,med,scavenge
mud seems pretty cool so far

Reminder that the MEME requires Dead Babies. Abort women and delivery the babies to the corp HQ freezer.

Be considerate to our corp host while we build our 8/v/ empire

what's with this fucking email taking so long

I have an old account but I have no idea what you're talking about. I think account creation is automatic, try a different email address.

why dont i just write a fanfiction at this point

Are you retarded?

are you? why the hell would i want to "play" this "game" other than to have a story to tell?

Damn son, you are retarded.
Made me replay I guess,

well you can have fun with it. that doesnt make it a video game, or even a game.

Holy shit have those captchas gone full retardo.

this post reads like tumblr

Anyone tried it?

You apparently don't understand what you're looking at.
It's ok, it's a dying form of video game and probably not your thing anyway, newfriend.

i dont see the appeal, but i get it. what i dont get is why this is on Holla Forums instead of reddit

No, in the case of HellMOO, it has nothing to do with any literary fiction. It's a game like any other, except with a text interface. You kill things to get money and XP so you can kill the other players and ruin their shit. You saw a block of text and thought it's a book because you're not a smart man.

you think this bullshit is a big secret? its a roleplaying game, you might as well drop the bullshit and start using tripcodes while you erp right on the board.
the only point of these threads is greentext stories, and hardly any are even in the thread.

1. WHAT GAME DID YOU GUYS DECIDE ON?

2. HOW DO YOU PLAY THIS SHIT?

3. DO YOU NEED TO SIGN UP TO PLAY?

4. DO YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING OR CAN YOU PLAY THEM IN BROWSER?

EXPECT MORE QUESTIONS AS I THINK OF THEM.

Nobody cares if you're entertained or not, you attention seeking contrarian whore.

The only thing people roleplay as in HellMOO is a griefing psychopath, and yeah you're right, tons of ERP in this thread.
You never got back to me on whether you're retarded or not.

well, they should care about blatantly not-vidya content on Holla Forums. at least undertale was a video game. this is just a circlejerk that makes waifu threads look healthy in comparison

tons of nothing but goons in this thread. how can you even enjoy these games when you read on a first grade level?

I think most everyone decided on hellmoo, take a look over the thread for what client to use and such.

Holy fuck HellMOO, I played it for several years way back when. I'll see if I have my notesheet somewhere, I've documented a lot of fucky shit you can do.

On the top of my head tho.

You can get into heaven while alive?

your loss, OP

So everyone joined MEME?

Is there enough water in the world for this to be a fun or even viable character? Also, what weapons would be good for underwater combat? Can I drag people into the water?

So, why are you getting mad again about people talking planning to play a videogame together?

Not really

Not important since underwater combat will be rarely even relevant

It is possible to grab people and then drag them to another tile, yes.
You'd need insane brawn though.
Mightaswell make a headbutt build

hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Hooligan

Also, does anyone have a better source of information?
This wiki is pretty shitty

Are you sure? That looks like a lot of water.

And what do you think you will find there?
That's right water. Nothing more. There's no reason to go into the ocean.

Yes, but they are mostly in the form of porn games. Such as that zombie game and hit titles such as those featured on www.fenoxo.com

Most of the neo-mud porn games are Visual Novels though, so they DO have graphics.

welp

You say that until you realize that you can cut off the head from a players corpse and use it as a sockpuppet and then proceed to facefuck it.

Tell me a game with proper graphics that lets me do this kind of stuff

can we get a playerlist going?
Vhape

Yeah, but none of that actually happens, it just says "you facefuck the head of Goblin". It has no consequence at all.

Well that's disappointing. What about rivers or anything else?

So? Doesn't change the fact that it can be done and is one of the most humilating things you can do to another player
It's just one of many examples.

Here's a little story that actually happened to me

There are things like sewers and basements with water and a beach area, but you'll be lucky to get a chance there to actually grief someone

Exactly what "consequences" would there be for skullfucking a corpse in a 3D game besides an animation?

stop falling for the bait

memes! aren't they wonderful while you're ten

autism

Is HellMOO still being updated? Because I found this:

hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/HellWiki:Current_events

*clp is the ingame changelog mail channel. Type help mail and help mail2 or @read last:200 on *clp for the last 200 updates.

We need to start making a map, its can be confusing at first for new people.

Was necropolis ever made into a proper city?
Being a abomination/freak was really cool, but being stuck in a town with no real vendors was kind of a bummer

I want to register but I'm not receiving any e-mail even after an hour.

Is there a way to drag corpses to the soylent machine? I can't seem to figure it out.

gmail didnt work for, you wont get your character name back unfortunately

if i remember correctly it was "drag to " but you wont automaticly open any doors, so if theres anything in the way you'll have to do "open " first

well fuck I got a corpse in the recycle plant but I can;t figure out how to turn him into food.

exam (item) is your friend

f-fucking nerds.

How much rape does it have?

Feelio when still too weak to even venture outside of town and get my first mutation.

The whole reason why orcs live in the forest is because there were elves there but the orcs came in and genocided them through rape then never left.

You can get a lot by suicide running, if you know where the thing is. Your clone updates once you have it I think, might've been an infernoMOO thing and if you're good you might even get back out in one piece.
Just drop your stuff in your apartment beforehands.

I'm not sure I can even suicide run it. My character isn't very speedy, and can barely ever escape from any fights.

I'm gunning for the billy goat mutation first, and if I remember correctly, there's a chud or something blocking the bridge. I'm scared I won't be able to make it past him. Plus all the armordillos.

You should be fine if you can type fast or know the way and set yourself to pacfist. However in that case, it won't get you past j'mak on the bridge, yeah. You can try grabbing and shoving him away, or wait till somebody kills it. Ought to happen relatively often.

So are we all on HellMOO? Is there a Holla Forums group?

We've got at least 6 dudes playing it, probably more. No "group" yet (assuming you mean corp), because nobody is rich enough to afford one.

Some of the other noobs have joined an existing corp called MEME though, since they are babbies who can't handle being alone.

Well I just requested "BigDick".
Im new to this whole thing so any tips?

Shit, I meant "DigBick"

There are some links earlier in the thread to various wikis. Give them a glance to decide which sort of character you want to be, and get a general impression of what does what. For a super beginner, the most important thing is simply not fucking your character by choosing some retarded shit.

After that, it's all just killing orphans, running around and speaking to the various npc's to find easy jobs you can do, raping/whoring, and killing more orphans.

Have you played any sort of MUD before?

no MUDs but I have used CLI's for awhile now. I just need to get the hang of the commands and the syntax

What shoyld we use to keep track of fellow anons? Pastebun? Google docs?

Won't be necessary when we get a corp, and until then isn't there a friend list or something?

we could just include an informal tag in our @doing status

something like including 8v at the end of your status or whatever

MUD are in may cases more versatile than a contemporary GMMO due to their lack of visual constraint, which means more illicit content, more content in general and expansive world maps, and more interactivity, hilariously
some people also prefer (con)text interaction that is absent in 90% of graphical games and text UI in general for aesthetic, fuctionality, or feel.

literally a 'dorf fort is not a videogame' poster
facepunch has been defunct for ages, your goon boogieman stops at space games, where they will spend the rest of their days
I would tell you to stop pretending it's still 2006 but I doubt you' were old enough to use the internet at that point

you should be able to spot an user by their neverending shitposting

How long do the emails take to get sent? I havent got mine yet?

I got mine right away. Try again if issues

fuck outta here sexhaver scum

rip your benis :DDDD

saw you running around FC, so I guess you got approved

corp contracts are pretty important for getting money and XP from job related contracts

you're losing out of like half the XP/money by just grinding mobs without of corp contracts

Beetlejews are you in this thread? Because if you are I pissed all over you.

Why are there no singleplayer CRPGs like this? Seems like the lack of graphics would enable them to become the ultimate RPG.

looks like there was a roguelike convention

timestamps
/r/roguelikedev/comments/53bla0/roguelike_celebration_twitch_videos_with/

There are;
roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Roguelikes are an enormous genre even ignoring the shitty indie shovelware that misappropriates the title.

Try Cataclysm DDA

I pissed on him too

Got my spears to 3, and my first two mutations. I'll call that a job well done for today.

Is anyone even close to having a decent amount of money to start the corp?

is the hellmoo wiki still vaguely accurate? and does the prospective 8corp have another whip/crafter cause that was my build (build being a generous word cause i was shit) last time

FIX UR SHIT HUTWAHLS

Seems a business license runs 15k in the city hall in case anyone wants to know how much money is needed

selfdubs witnessed
and holy shit i forgot i had to have my mouth raped by an old man to get going in this game how hilarious

You can just kill the guy in the museum too, the cameras don't protect him.

well i was a part of a shota sex scene i certainly did not need to be a part of

I got the city layout now. Question is whst do? I know ratso gives jobs, where else should I look?

assuming you haven't done preliminaries/straight outta bunker:
procure a knife
kill and eat orphans until you've killed 6 rabid ones
-agnes pay and get 300$
there's one or two other jobs about the orphanage you should endeavor towards, as well as the shoggoth job under it, use this opportunity for the raw on your combat skills if you can and see if you can't loot a corpse or two
you can redo these quests "daily", and it's the easiest area
UO is the unemployment office and it can help you find jobs to do
alternatively if you've got high sense go scavenging in ganglands and grind the shit out of that until you're finding hubcaps left and right

Would pistols/sci/hack/locksmith be a worthwhile build? Thinking about going 14/14 ref/brn, with the last two into either endurance or cool, but I'm not sure how important drugs are and how much the latter can be buffed just by wearing dank jewels. The plan was to grind blades as a backup until ammo is steady.

consider harakiri

y go on a imageboard then fam? y don't u jus get real ppl to talk vidya w/ muh nycka u dum nigga fo rilly tho hahahahahaah

ayyo sage 4 dat ole off topic ish pimp'n

I'll take that as a yes, cheers. How many people do we have around so far, any progress on the endankening?

Reminds of the best MUD ever: Revenge of the End of the Line.

telnet eotl.org 2010

BTW, I think this is the oldest running MUD in history now.

Can you use a temporary/burner email to get an account?

Yes, but you might be fucked if you ever lose your password

I'm not sorry if I pk'd you. I suggest using the balloon to Newbie Land in the Lounge before you get brave enough to venture into EC and beyond.

That's not the joke I was making but okay user it was a shit joke but still

Do the agnes cultist photo thing underneath the furnace in the orphanage for easy xp/money. Blow up the crank mansion like Ratso wants. Set 'playstyle to aggressive' or something so you can start executing niggers and go grind on orphans until you get 10 fatalities for easy job xp. Grind up some orphans with the RDCD for soylents and xp. Use medic kits on the homonerds in Sharpton hospital.

Once you get a bit better at combat, find a light source and hop into the sewers to explore and kill Chuds. If you're good at scavenging, you can slice them up and take their meat/skin.

There's plenty of shit to do, man. You can even do some moonshine runs for Care Dog later on for easy stacks of cash.

Could anyone experenced with corp stuff tell me if there are any other initial costs past the business license price?

just realized the yatco chat guide really didn't work

I don't think there is. Once you have the corp, it's all gravy. I might be speaking out of my ass though. It's been years.

There are other expenses though, such as procuring a corpclave HQ, which is mega expensive, and then all the costs involved with fortifying it.

Alright then, we'd just need to find a CEO candidate for the corp, I actually got the $15k needed for the license

made it past all the cultists to the photo only to die on the way back

hopefully i can go get my stuff

any reason you're not robing up and strolling in I wouldn't be aware of?

So i got all my stuff,almost drowned,but made it back into the city, the idea of blending in with the robes completely went over my head until I went back,it was good exp tho

Where do I find walter for a crack mansion bomb?

fucking hell actually being a throwingfag is difficult not only due to throwing being garbage but the few that braved the journey probably held onto the information, I can't find anything on
when heavy shit starts getting chuckable
and so forth
grinding it is easy as shit but when bricks do more consistent damage than shurikens I'm forced to question exactly why
does anyone have any of this information? so far it seems like it might be based on weight damage-wise and possibly my weight limit on chucking shit will increase as brawn and/or throw level increase

He's the ammunation! vendor, the suitcase bombs cost $4.5k

shid

So pretty much dead games if you are not a native english speaker?

It's a perfect way to practice, if you've already made it this far. But yes, it's a dead medium if you can't read English.

It isn't about being able to read english, but guessing each word, or combination of words, that is going to make the scene progress.

Hellmoo seems pretty easy on that end. It isn't Shakespeare tier writing.

Hellmoo?
From this hellmoo.org/ ?

It looks dead.

Are you connecting to its ipv4 address (207.135.97.140)? that was noted earlier in the thread because of some fuckery with it not listening in the ipv6 address
Also, you can examine stuff to see how to interact with shit and also by default there are hints that tell you things you can do

Shit, user. I never played a moo before, so I'm going to read the thread and see if I can figure out.

welcome to the worlds foremost orphan raping, murdering, and butchering simulator. You can do those things in whichever order suits you, mind.

Hellmoo is what some anons are playing now. There's other MUDs out there though, but I would say that Hellmoo is the lowest in terms of having complex English.

So, I need a program to connect, right?

Is HellMoo also multiplayer?

You just need a client. if you're on windows, MUSHclient works pretty well.
And yes, it is multiplayer, that's part of the fun.

MUDS/MOOs/MUSHes/etc. are the text based online games that ended up getting copied to create the original MMOs, so yeah, they're multiplayer

friendly reminder to piss on Beetlejews

I haven't played in a while, but throw was heavily nerfed a very long time ago and was never made viable again as far as I know. As far as getting information that precise on the game mechanics, you'd probably need to ask someone who has access to admin on inferno/has the hellmoo codebase because hellmoo admins will never give you that shit.

Thank god for timers and anime.

Forgot my bragging picture.

Is there any reason to take Fuck skill in hellmoo?

Are there any other lewd muds? or muds with lewd?

I think a better fuck skill will net you more money from the whore and porn star jobs, don't quote me on that though

I remember back in the day when I climbed mt fisty with nothing but a grappling hook and a backpack full of speed hypos.

Reminds me of the good old days too. Me and me my buddies setting out on an expedition to grab leapfrog. None of us had ever been to Fisty before and none of us were very high level.

Just loaded up on belt-lights, hypos, trauma kits, fibs, grappling hooks, etc etc, and headed out for adventure. There were a few broken limbs involved because of shitty climb scores, but it was good times all around.

It would be neat if you could have a DF map as a MUD map

It took Toady how many years to make a good single player game? Shit doesn't translate well.

By the way, a dude to set up the corp is still needed, any volunteers?

I'll do it once I get to 30k xp if nobody does it before then. I'm not going to be a corp holder at 10k xp.

Ahh never played it. I've played EotL on and off for ~23 years. Tried Genoice, and Batmud too. But home is where the heart is, and EotL is home.

I can't recommend it enough.

(official site)
eotl.org/

(wikis)
eotl.borkweb.com/view/Main_Page
eotl.pbworks.com/w/page/7876123/FrontPage

thx for the joke, sorry for the webm it was just the first thing that came to mind heh

*Genocided

polite sage need coffee

*Genocide

fuck

Thread archive

archive.is/mmC4I

Fuck it, I'll buy a corp.

We need an acronym, was thinking WEW or KEK but can't think of anything good that fits into either besides Kō Enerugī Kasokuki Kenkyū Kikō for KEK, or that particle accelerator in Japan.

downvoting KEK
WEW is okay
I'm not creative either so fuck

Someone should make a HellMOO General thread after this one dies

are there any good fantasy muds with lots of class/race/spell options? preferably not rp forced, Only one I've found so far is batmud and I don't know if its any good

poal.me/jft4y6

The majority of MUDs are fantasy: topmudsites.com/

How about Waffen Ersten Wurst Wonach
WEWW

Weapons First Afterwhich Sausage

60 hours on wiktionary

Putting a bunch of german words that make no sense is pretty cool when you are 14.

how about we eat wieners?
Replace wieners with any W word of your choice

K
Equipment/Education/Electronic/Entertainment
K

I dunno

Kill
Ekwipment
Korp

Kill
Evil
Koalas

smh lad

I'm also particular to an abbrevation of gondola, GON, GOND or GONDO.

The Gary Oldman Nuclear Defense Organization

Given what's been brainstormed so far, I'm going with this. If you get something better and the thread is kill, page Skane ingame.

I'll make the new thread with a tl;dr guide and a way to get into the corp.

also Gary Oldman's wiki is still up fellow baneposters

HellMOO thread here