Is Mad Max worth 5 bucks?

is Mad Max worth 5 bucks?

Did you enjoy Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor?

Yeah, if it's that cheap and you want to waste 3-4 hours I'd recommend it.

eh, but it was mostly the lore rape and QTE boss. Also, how easy thaey made the combat, though I like the Arkham Combat.

hm, I might jump on it then. Any replay value or is it an alright game to zone out to?

Not so much replay value, but yeah it's good to zone out too and just drive across the world as it opens up and get into random fights and discover stuff.

The movie was better.
I guess that's the case most game movies.
Too bad post apocalyptic isn't kinky anymore.

It wasn't even worth the pirate I gave it.

I wanted to like it because I like the setting a lot, but the only good parts of the game are the gwafix/optmization and vehicle combat, which for some reason doesn't happen that often. On foot the game is trash and the "collect 10 things to unlock this upgrade" shit needs to die.

that sounds up my alley.

the new one? The car parts were alright I guess, but it felt like a Mad Max movie where they forgot about him being in it until after they wrote the script.

Was easily worth the $20 I spent

Mad Max isn't the main character in Mad Max movies though. Except the first one.
He just kinda shows up and weird shit happens.

Do you not remember Mad Max 2 and 3? He's never developed or really the focus outside of Mad Max 1. In 2 and 3 he's just going through the motions of getting fuel and surviving, and stuff just happens around him and he tries to get going despite it.

ah, didn't know that. My introduction to the series was the newest one and I kept wanting to see more of his character. He seemed a lot more interesting than the others.

For 5 bucks, sure. But that is if you like "single player MMOs" with huge sandboxes but surprisingly little diverse things to do. Its great with pot.

I thought all the characters of Fury Road were boring as shit except for Nux (the war boy that switches sides).

You should watch the first and second Mad Max. Dated and the second one is one-upped by Fury Road, but they're still good. Third is optional, hit-or-miss with a lot of people but I liked it for the most part.

yeah, he was a good character as well. It would have been nice to have gotten more from the villain as well. He had an awesome design but died so quick and in such an underwhelming way.

sure, I'll go ahead and download them now.

Certain parts of Road Warrior were definitely improved upon in Fury Road (visuals, music, stunts, etc) but I think its plot and characters were significantly worse. Not to say that Road Warrior has a really good plot or characters, they're merely okay, but Fury Road is pretty shit in those departments. The main issue is that they want you to sympathize with Furiosa and the slaves but everything they do is really dumb and counterproductive. The slaves had pretty good lives with Immortan Joe, they had books, music, a piano, and all the food and water that they needed. Sure they had to fuck some gross dude, but any sane person would take that over the lives of people outside that are all malnourished and maybe get a single bucket or bowl of water every couple days from Joe. So they left to a place that apparently had lots of plants and water that was somehow within driving distance of the semi, but if such a place really existed then obviously everyone else would go there too but they don't so that means it doesn't exist. On their journey, they fucking wash themselves with the precious water that is incredibly scarce and prove themselves to be completely incompetent when dealing with Max and Nux.

But all of this could be solved pretty easily if they made the girls much younger (10-15) and said that Joe kills the girls when they get too old or after they give birth which gives them a reason to leave the comfortable life, and then they could just say that they were going to live with Furiosa's relatives instead of some magic green place and then on the way not wash themselves with fucking water.

That fan art is retarded

No.

Don't fucking watch the first Mad Max. It's a horribly boring movie. Road Warrior is vastly superior and everything you need to know about Max that happens in the first movie is explained to you in the first 5 minutes of Road Warrior.

Just skip the first movie and head straight into Road Warrior.

They needed a scene where they were suffering rather than us just being told their lives were shit. I can forgive them doing stupid shit that doesn't help the situation because they've been pampered and are uneducated, but I couldn't really feel sympathy for them because I was just expected to. Show a scene where one got executed or tortured for trying to learn or not wanting to have sex or trying to help the poor or something.

You're missing you on living a full life user but yeah no that's fucking retarded.

People like you are wrong.

They didn't leave cause their lives were shit, they left because they didn't want their children to grow up to become warlords and enablers of a brutal dictatorship that considered its subjects imminently disposable.

Of course they also left because of tales of a wondrous paradise that was guarded by wise, strong, women. To a bunch of young girls with literally no agency of their own, whose only real use is breeding stock, that sounds like a grand idea to run towards.

But other than that, yeah, the whole water washing scene didn't have a lot of logic behind it. But what did you expect? This is the movie that has a blind dude in full bondage suspension shredding on a fire-spewing guitar. Did you really expect everything to be done with anything other than a cinematographic view in mind? The washing scene looked good and was well set, as was most of the movie. Though now that I think about it, the washing scene just acted as point to how well these girls were treated, and the luxuries they had, that they wouldn't think twice over using so much water just to wash themselves.

Several sheltered young girls being stupid and massively incompetent? Wow, that's so out of the ordinary!

Kill yourself.

Yeah, especially when juxtaposed with the suffering commoners, their situation seemed pretty okay and horribly selfish considering the massive resources used to bring the women back. They epitome of pampered middle class kids that don't realize how good they have it, rebelling and quite possibly making things worse for everyone in the process.

So the fuck what, there were literally no other options for them and they had no reason to believe they were wrong. They fucked up and got a lot of people killed because of semantics.

Aussie dub vs US dub

Fury Road was a stupid fucking movie.

When you are in the car the game is midly good. Outside of the car the game is complete trash.

Its a lazy copy paste game that is probably the reason Just Cause 3 wasnt more polished.

Don't talk this absolute drivel bullshit excuse.
Who is The Road Warrior about?
The Gyro Captain?
The settlement guy?
Lord Humungous?
The fucking feral kid?
Of course not, it's about Mad fucking Max. There are only like 2 scenes in the whole movie where he's not on screen. Get fucked.

The Road Warrior is explicity about Max reclaiming his humanity. This isn't hidden or camouflaged in any way, it's stated directly by the narrator in the opening of the movie.
But it's nice to see the lengths that Fury Road apologists will go to to rationalise their strong independent bald woman. If it wasn't for the cool vehicle stunts the movie would be a travesty.

One thing, Denuvo.

This, why would you support these practices?

I actually liked the parts with the girls because it showed they were stupid and incompetent and needed max. They would be totally fucked without him.

I agree more Max would've been nice but I do really like the movie. The war boys are great fun to watch, the stunts are cool, the effects are tastefully minimal and the movie is well paced.

Immortan Joe did nothing wrong

So what?

I thought it was one of those games that got cracked when Denuvo got broken.

Why would that matter at all? The guy is talking about buying, he is going to support denuvo

No it's not. Maybe you could argue that's what Thunderdome is about, but Mad Max doesn't grow a single bit in Road Warrior. He only does what's necessary to survive, which is why the oil guys replace all the fuel in the tanker rather than let him drive off with it all.

I think you're misunderstand the role Max plays to these people, especially the Feral Kid who is the narrator. He didn't show any level of care for them and they used that to help them escape. He's attributing the success his survivors found as a sole byproduct of Max. Civilization was dying and Max saved it by trying to save himself. The kid conflated the two. Max doesn't care just as much in the beginning of Thunderdome as much as he does at the beginning of Road Warrior.

What exactly is so controversial about Fury Road that anyone who likes it would be labelled an apologist?

Are you one of those buzzword driven tards that whine about it being a feminist movie?

This

not when this exists

Nice to see you didn't watch the movie correctly. Max doesn't even try to drive off with the tanker, even when he thinks it's full of oil. He didn't have to drive the tanker for them either, he volunteers.

Are you one of those blind moronic fuckwits who seriously think it isn't?
You're allowed to like the movie user, it's not a crime, but don't pretend it's not something which it is.
Stuff I liked:
These are all valid reasons to like the film.
Stuff I didn't like:
It's a thinly veiled girl power movie, fighting motorcycle grannies included.

Just refunded mine. Gave me terrible motion sickness with stupid FOV and shaky cam shit.

Also found out after the fact that it had Denuvo because I'm an idiot and didn't research it first.

Yeah, sure they were cuck.

no, pirate it

Just finished the first two movies

2>1>Fury Road

It would be nice if they could take the characters from 1, the atmosphere and dark humor from 2, and the effects and car sequences from Fury Road and combine all that.

About to play the game now.

Where can I find it for 5 bucks? Not a bad offer

G2A

Thanks

Yep, no problem.

It's DRM, you retarded kike. You don't own it and can't do what you wish with what you've purchased.

Do you not know what Denuvo is?

WHO OWNS BARTERTOWN?

JUST WALK AWAY, RETARD!

JUST WALK AWAY!

Yeah, can't say I enjoy the game that much. It just kept making me think of other games I could play that were sort of like it but better. I figured I might as well be playing Rage or Red Faction Guerrilla.

Only a five dollar loss though so no big deal.

just finished watching this. Not bad, probably my least favorite, but still a fun little movie.

Because he crashed it. His mindset would've been to just keep driving. The only reason he meets up with the other is likely to get supplies and drop off that kid.

Explain to me how it is. Let me guess, it features a women as a main character?
Yep, you are. You're as sensitive as a sjw

No one cares what you like you fucking child.

On the subject of Lord Humungus, when I first saw Mad Max 2 I thought that Lord Humungus was going to be The Goose from the first Mad Max, somehow surviving and wearing that mask to hide his disfigurements.

Which would've explained why there were other police in Lord Humungus' forces. Might've also provided a little more as to why he started to regain his humanity in 3.

say that to my potato's face in the thunderdome big guy

You've obviously read up on the trivia, as that's exactly what was intended in the original script, hence why he was also wearing that blanket/cape for his introduction.
Love or hate Fury Road, I wonder if there's any connection between Immortan Joe and his warlords and Humungus beyond being both ex-military from before society collapsed. Obviously, the films were made decades apart but I'm curious if the writers will try and retrofit some kind of cameo or relation between the two in the future.

I sure hope nobody makes any high-pitched noises, I'd hate to look down on him.

Really? I legitimately did not realize that was the original intention for Lord Humungus.

George Miller himself has said he doesn't know the order the films go in. Continuity isn't really his concern, but given Max's legendary status in the wasteland I feel the dependencies between the works are fitting, like tall tales passed around the campfire.

Literally Tumblr

Fury Road was shit and got BTFO in sales by
PITCH PERFECT 2
Neutralfags and horseshoefags, stay emotional, but you'll never get your dignity back

Yeah wow you won awards for "most stock sound effects used" and "best paint slapped on peoples faces," what an honor

You mean the guy who was too shit for Konami? Wow you sure BTFO me

Here's your (You), (1).

Back to Halfchan

Also
If he goes double digits, we'll have to get him help, he would THAT mad

I think you're the one who needs help mate.

Nice threat faggot, are you gonna call the mysterious hacker 4chan on me?

Plus, the media labelled it a feminist film, so you liked a feminist film. Back to Ghazi.

>HE ACTUALLY GOT EMOTIONAL OVER THIS TO THE POINT OF USING A PROXY
Fucking WEW lad, great projection for a tryhard

Have an oekaki just for you to make you feel better m8

I don't have a big enough folder of laughing animus. A shame, I'd love to see you have a mental breakdown.

>HE'S STILL GOING
I'm posting a pic after all, this is too good. I'll assume your next post or lack of one is a confession that you did indeed have a meltdown because of it.

Here's your upvote, sage for offtopic

Is it worth it if you just want to customise cars and drive around comfy deserts?

>being triggered by smug pictures and redtext
Good game pussyboy, I'll keep an eye on you. Might be fun to hurt your feelings.

It took you forever to think of a good response, didn't it?
Well, here's your last one. You're the cancer killing Holla Forums, by the way

Lets just all sit back and realize these are the people we share this site with.

Anything is worth 5 bucks, I reckon.

What was the original price, 50, 60 euros?

If you can get anything for -90%, it's always a good deal.

Nah I just didn't see your anger until now. But good to know you take a long time to reply, nerd.

No, it's Tumblrinas in training that are doing it. Like you.

Tell me about it.

It was infinitely better than 3, which frankly was abominable. The reboot made well up for it though.

Why the fuck don't we have a Gorkamorka game yet? Especially with JewWorkshop doling their IP out like a cheap whore.

He didnt die, he just broke a lot of ribs and various other bones

He only broke his legs. That stunt was too perfect not to include.

Pic related committed suicide after they were done shooting.