Biocuck Rehash

store.steampowered.com/app/409710/
store.steampowered.com/app/409720/
Well I can't say I expected anything less. I knew them giving away the games to those who already owned the original games sounded too good to be true.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/*/http://store.steampowered.com/app/7670/
web.archive.org/web/20160130050334/http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=bioshock
web.archive.org/web/20160411162458/http://store.steampowered.com/app/7670/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's like they want me to pirate, especially since the non "upgraded" version got taken down. Also sage because this is like the ninth thread we've had on it

just let the normalfags pay for the shitty "game" and stop caring about it

If we tried to hype the game and try to sell it more Id say it would be better since its always at least suspicius when the le user army tries to push something so obviously

this way they still sell a lot and profit, and normalfags will be yelling from pleasure while playing the game with some textures having bigger resolution and locked FOV down to what, 60 ?

BRAVO BETHESDA

Heh, yeah, remember when bioshock was good?

Not responsible for this travesty, user. Don't get your B's mixed up.

Shut the fuck up Capcom

I'm only seeing the first and second game here. Did they not remaster Infinite?

user, it's already perfect

I am so fucking mad right now

I think what's most upsetting about this sort of horrible business practice is all the normalshits that will unknowingly fund it, or, worse, knowingly fund it.

Nothing of value etc etc

JUNE 2011

Well I'm more screwed since the minimum requirements state I can't play it. My best GPU is geforce 9800, which is more than enough to max it out normally, isn't allowed to run it.

I brought it in a humble bundle with something else.

I was going to buy Minerva's Den for the original version of Bioshock 2, but now they want $11 for it. I'm not paying that.

I got my copies of 1 and 2 for free when people were giving out bundle dupes. I also own a physical copy of Bioshock 1 for PC.

W E W
E
W

Minerva's Den is not included in the remake and you have to buy it separately? What the fuck? I don't remember exactly but IIRC I got Minerva's Den for free for the original game somehow. And IIRC it was a great DLC, better than the main game

You get the remastered version of it if you have the original version of 2, which I didn't.

that implies that a game will be perfect eventually, which it still isn't
nah fuck this cunt, steam forums are filled to brim with fanboys, shills and some of us, trying to wake people up to this bollox.
The only good steam forums are for are occasional game fixes.

well, at least they're doing something right

The guy is a skyrim/ds/tumlbrtale babby, what did you expect.

I looked at my library and was initially pissed that they upgraded my Bioshock 1/2 without leaving the original, but it turns out I had just moved it to another category.

I have the original version of 2 and I don't have the DLC.

>gtx 770
I think I got steady 60fps on my 660

And I think they might have gotten rid of quick saving and loading

Yeah, apparently my hands got away from my brain again. You get the remastered version of the DLC if you have the original version of the DLC. Sorry. Sometimes what I type isn't what I thought I typed.

Yeah, even in their steam pages it says when you buy Remastereds(Or the original ones) you get both. I don' know what OP is talking about

I don't know how but I know that I got Minerva's Den for free. Perhaps you missed an event or something like that?

If this doesn't spell out crash grab by now then you're a fucking brain dead retard.

I thought you typed that but wanted to make sure.

Yeah, brain damage is a bitch. Usually I read my posts more closely before I submit them.

I think that if you owned Minerva's Den originally, you get Minerva's Den Remastered but if you only owned BS2, then you get BS2 Remastered without Minerva's Den remastered. I owned Minerva's Den before and I got the Minerva's Den Remastered now.

man why even make a thread for this shit. it aint even hyped so theres no salt to mine. Its just a sad sack of shit.

Bioshock 1 has always been shit.
Did they at least allow key rebinding now? Of course not

They always did, I couldn't have played it if they didn't.

They didn't though. You get both still if you buy the remaster, also its the same price as it was before.

The reason some people got it for free was because when they moved the saving system from GFWL to Steamworks, they gave everyone who had the game before that switch the DLC as thanks for putting up with the client.

It still artificially inflates sales numbers for the remaster rather than the original.

They fixed the physics in it, at least. The settings got shit on but beyond that it's not horrible, the bug in the opening of the game that kept you stuck in the sub coming up is fixed too, wouldn't pay $15 extra for it but it's not as horrible as it's made out to be. Also, the original is still available drm-free with a steam key.

This is the industry, everyone.

Games developers wouldnt make it in any other kind of industry

Their level of imcompetence is just amazing

Imagine if a doctor botched a surgery and them called you entitled for expecting a good result, wouldnt the world be great?

Sounds like somebody hasn't read the new Hellcat comics published by Marvel.

What? You are on Holla Forums faggot, dont expect people to know about the last comic drama bullshit or whatever

I understand you guys are suffering in sales, but this was just pathetic.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I didn't expect anything, that's why I was so specific about the comic I was referring to.

So? Whats this bullshit about? Someone managed to publish a comic without drawings or something?

Almost
It's a comic with webcomic/cal-arts quality drawings (afaik cal-arts is a widely used software in the animation industry which makes all cartoons look the same - Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Candice, Uncle Grandpa, Gravity Falls etc…) and nothing going on.

>>>Holla Forums671823

You believe everything image boards tell you, right?

The option to purchase the original versions cheap has been removed entirely.

That may not be the case for surgery, but it's definetly how they are with prescription drugs.

Hi Poland.

Cal-Arts is a university.

always thought it was animation software like Flash or something.

nope, kurwa

I argue with that guy all the fucking time.

Post screens, you beautiful ID lookin' mothafucka.

It's mostly in the dark souls 3 board. He is a eurocuck that hasn't even played bloodborne.

It's the school that teaches this shit.
The art isn't software limited, it's brain-limited.

That's not how it works. Instead of bugs or shit optimization, movies have shit acting, shit plot, etc.

Modern movies aren't that different from modern games. Both are shit because publishers are cheap as fuck and don't want to spend money on talented people who are good at design or can act, write and program. Instead they selling you marketing.

incredible

Re-release, even.

If people wanted to buy Bioshock they had plenty of sales on it throughout the years, hell just last week you could've bought Bioshock 1&2 for $5 each on humble bundle sale. I don't see the issue here, it's not like you don't get the originals if you buy the remasters.

It's about consumer power, a consumer should have the choice to purchase a low end version for a cheaper price if it's already available. Since this is all digital there's no worry of the actual game being destroyed so it being removed and forced into a different package that forces consumers to also buy something they may not even be able to run is a general anti consumer practice.

You as a consumer had the chance to buy this for years cheap, up until last week when is was $5 on sale. It's not like this is even more expensive, it's the same price off sale as it's been for years. Bioshock has been $20 for a good while. There's no difference now because you still get the original for the same price.

Wait a second, I remember Bioshock being 10 dollar cheap or something, not 20.
Are you sure they didn't increase the price?

Somebody check this, I can't be arsed to work around it with a fucking touch pad
web.archive.org/web/*/http://store.steampowered.com/app/7670/

Pretty sure not, Didn't take any screen shots but when I saw it on humble bundle sale a couple days ago it had 75% off which would've made it $20 normally here's some wayback archives from a few months ago, sadly nothing within in the last month. web.archive.org/web/20160130050334/http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=bioshock

web.archive.org/web/20160411162458/http://store.steampowered.com/app/7670/

I guess they could've decreased the price since but I doubt it.

I was probably mistaken since Bioshock goes on sale pretty often.
Oh well fuck, so why bundling the remaster with the original?
Positive reviews?

It's not even just expecting a perfect game like these people will use in their arguments, its expecting a game to even work on release without horrible crashes and the like.

So people can't say "I'll just buy the original instead of the remake, it's cheaper!"

From one of the steam reviews
How do you fuck up this bad?

looking at this i'm noticing *some* better textures, some worse. plus the models seem pretty much the same. not surprising really. my framerate tends to fly at 120+fps though

is the multiplayer any better/worse on the remastered version of 2?

They completely removed it

this stupid fuck is in every single ds3 poise thread shitting on people for wanting heavy armor to actually do something

wait wait wait
So is this thing a bad remaster or a plain downgrade?
This shit is not even funny anymore

Why yes, i do expect a remake of a ten year old game to work perfectly on release day.
Why shouldn't i?

Downgrade at this point.

just went to go back to playing it. how can you miss these graphical errors?

i knew that people didn't like it but damn.

I'd consider it a downgrade. The game takes up triple the space for what is basically an HD texture pack. Lighting is the same, mouse acceleration is still shitty, and there's less graphics options.

The original version did cost exactly 19.99 when not on sale.

Xbone/PS4 can't run a PC game from 2007, so it had to be downgraded.

I don't know if I should be happy receiving shit in my library but hey it's FREE shit

Free downgrade :^)

I still have the original in my library. Idk what everyone's thinking about.

I am not talking about the original, I am talking about the remaster. The remaster is a downgrade

People who never had the game before are fucked because they took away the ability to purchase the original.

Steam user also got a free downgrade of GTA San Andreas to a port worse port of the Wii-U "Remaster". Including removal of the music, because that license expired.
But unlike Bioshock Rockstar entirely removed the mod-able paid PC version from all customers' Steam libraries.

No, they didn't.

>got remastereds for free

did I win?

Do you feel like you won?

see

Yes. I enjoyed Bioshock 1 alot and cant wait for that HD remake of System Shock.

too bad System Shock 2 runs like garbage on modern PCs. I wanna get into it, but the audio keeps cutting out

It's list right there, what you get, fam, next to the ADD TO CART button.
If you are illiterate, it's not my fault.

That's exactly what you get know. Just a bunch of faggots including OP who can't read pretend otherwise.

I played the demo and it was alright

Ew. The new graphics are so bland, everything is washed out and the colors look all wrong.

Fucked up shadows / less shadows
New bugs
Higher price
No multiplayer in 2

Surprise! Its still shit.

Ignorance is not bliss. I have been told this by ignorant people and I completely agree.

More like "Down-graded not really system shock game that idiots who never played a system shock game call a 'system-shock game.'"

The people who own Bioshock now don't give a shit about video games and they probably never will.

Oh yes, a "remaster" indeed.

Post the same glitch in the original and then we will have them cornered.

Also when will we get the full version of pic related?

I cant tell which one youre talkin bout

shouldn't absence of said glitch be even worse for them? As in, they didn't fix the old glitches, just added more instead?

as it turned out, i had to undo the bioshock.ini modification to remove the mouse acceleration. so to fix one glitch, i had to undo an almost neccessary tweak.

fucking brilliant 2k.

Come on, guys. They aren't BUGS they are FEATURES!

This reminds me of the buggy Halo MCC launch.

The point is it will be treated as a new product now and the same discounts likely won't be applied for quite a while again. At least not on Steam.

So what?

So learn to read. They're going to resell the same old broken shit at a higher price point. I guess kikes can't spot kike-like behavior being kikes and all.

So they're not going to remove the music from the remake right? Or replace it with something boring just to be "modern"?

This was the most-viewed guide on release day.

I like that the game makes a fourth wall mockery of ayn rand

Learn to read the fucking thread before you shit yourself, Holla Forums.

That doesn't change the fact that they're forcing you to buy the shitty version to get the original.

nah, no thanks

August 2010 is the best. Why did they have to ruin her?

So is Bioshock 2 actually any good and is it worth playing the rehash version. I've owned both games for a while but haven't really had interest in playing them. People here seem to talk pretty fondly about the second game though.

Those melee animations are fucking horrendous, but that's to be expected when you have frenchman feminist extraordinaire MaxOf2SD on your fucking team.

Everything that faggot has touched has gone to shit, with the exception of Gmod I guess but it's Gmod.

No.

The MP was shit.
It's still retarded that it's not included.

Why even bother

You can.
Bioshock 2. The best Bioshock.

you can in 2

from what I've heard it was good, but I never got a chance to play it because yarr

It had some neat thing, mainly the plasmids.
The maps were bad though and the netcode was pretty shit.

I'm a Biofag but they're not cheating me again, Infinite was one time too many. And I technically didn't pay a cent for it specifically. I learned my lesson I swear, no more PS+ for me ever
Anyone here still play Bioshock 2 multiplayer? My Gold ran out but it'd be cool if people still play it, it was fun for me

No we fucking won't because Steam is the exact shit ancaps hate

a game remaster is like a 2nd edition book that has different formatting so that it cuts off onto the next page right in the middle of an epic line.

I meant in real life. Bioshock 2 had one of the best father-daughter relationships in all of vidya, no denying that.

No no bro they are not forcing you or anything it is voluntary™ transaction

Man, the remaster is canned ass.
Even with all the bullshit ya'll already listed, it gets fucking better.
They added dev commentary that's a hidden golden film reel you have to find on some levels to unlock it and instead of it being like an audiolog so you can keep playing, it's a 10-30 minute video that stops you there for you to watch the Dorito Pope interview Ken Levine and his cronies as they reveal that they never had any idea what they were doing. No seriously, the first commentary Levine actually says that they based Bioshock on the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged on a whim because it was what he was reading at the time and he had no idea what objectivism was or that there was even a socioeconomic group built around Rand's theories.

Fuck you/10
Bioshock Infinite should've crashed and burned.

Bioshock Infinite did that too.

Anyone?

Play the original versions. They're fun games, decent stories, and don't try super hard but fall flat like Infinite does.

So the slightly upgraded version doesn't make enough of a difference to play it? I got it for free so I didn't know if it was worth the time.

Stop circulating this meme

You mean downgraded

holy hell it's CONSISTENTLY shit

The new glow in the dark plasmid is neat.

That is some Deus ex HR level of filter on that shit. EVERYTHING is blue. Also everything looks so cluttered.

it must feel so shitty to have worked on a project, given it to fans as a gift, and still been shit on. i'm not saying it's not bad - i haven't played it and won't - but man, it must suck to have been on that development team

also, the second was more of a shooter. for what it's worth, i played all three as soon as they were released, and have very clear memories of bioshock 1, literally none of bioshock 2 (aside from the vague recollection that it was definitely more action-oriented), and infinite actually stole unrelated memories of riding my bike during childhood simply to spite me

I'm all for giving devs slack when things don't work out
but besides adding some polish and fucking with the lighting what did they even fucking do?
all the old bugs are back and then some
Little sisters still look like bug-eyed monstrosities despite the second game fixing that
and Atlas/Fontaine is STILL just a reused splicer model
what the hell was even remastered?

He really does enjoy things that make him feel stupid . . .

As crappy as bioshock infinite was, I enjoy the charter designs and archetecture on display. It's playable, but it a damn mess. Can't say I really dug it.

This thread had me pissed enough to play the original release again, but for some reason Reshade is refusing to run correctly and load a koadchrome shader. Is the original game a buggy mess with newer Reshade versions or am I fucking something up along the way, because all I wanted to do was bash people in a watered down System Shock 2 with film grain everywhere.

seriously though you're what's wrong with website please cease your activities in here if you have any good in that gay heart

Holy shit. I didn't think you guys were serious when you said it was taken off the store page.

Im so upset that you guys are right.

I bought this shit for PS4 as I had only borrowed the originals on PS3 around release and thoroughly enjoyed 1 and 2. I didnt even finish Infinite. I rented that shit and realized it was so ass I didnt bother playing it again.
So this remaster comes along and im like hey, I should own 1 and 2 and have 3 for whatever reason. As much as I thought it was ass I always wanted to play the DLC for Burial at Sea.

Anyway I just finished fort frolick and I begin to fight Cohen and I get a random ass error that corrupeted my save file and now i have to start the whole area again because the autosave is the only thing that works for whatever reason. Shits aggrivating because im on survivor playing with no vita chambers. This is ridiculous but I should have expected this given the fuckin retard developers. At this point im not even hoping for a patch just want to get my plats and done. Is there anything I can do to prevent that shit happening again? I never got an error until now so I was blissfully enjoying my game even though everywhere I looked people were shitting on the game and I just cant ignore it anymore. This remaster sucks.

you must not be a teenager to post here

While I do think the remaster is hot garbage do you the increased storage space for practically no difference in appearance, I haven't experienced a single error in my playtime in both remasters. Am I just lucky?

I could tell just from the early footage that it was just a console port with random changes for no reason and then ported back to PC. Garunteed disaster.

I fucking hate it when they do this. Not only that, but there is no multiplayer in Bioshock 2 "Remastered" last I checked.

it's czech or slovak you fucking moron

wanted to call you out. But after seeing his influence in the trailer for Monkey King in DotA 2 I have to agree. Fuck that noise

Bioshock 2 is actually fun. The story is meh and it tries too hard to be 2deep4u, but if you have ever wanted create some pussies in drug addicts' chests, play it

That's a nice catgirl. Sauce?

That's Windows 8.1

Holla Forums's memes are stale as fuck.

They were stall from the day they were conceived. The left has never been good at banter and the autistic left even moreso.

The Left always have a stick up their ass all the time, and takes everything seriously their stale memes is just a reflection of their shit taste.