Rune Factory Thread

Man I was really hoping they would announce a new game. However replaying 4 recently reminded me why I love this series so much. So many small details and love crammed everywhere.

If this game didn't have RNG based events to progress the story, it would be nearly perfect for me.

Bump

When does that happen ?

let him fucking rest already, having amnesia three times over isn't enough?

After you beat the game, you can become any person in your town or even the final boss. If you were to marry Xaio-pi, you can turn into her mother. I believe she even sees you as her mother and gets confused until you explain yourself. You can still get her pregnant as her mother.

I meant a remake of 2. So Frontier 3 would be a remake of 3 for consoles.

I'm about to play RF4, I installed the .cia on the 3DS, but I have a lot of others game to finish, so I don't want to start yet. What I'm in for? I'm expecting a proper Harvest Moon with extra mechanics, but I saw some screenshots and I'm not sure if that's correct.

I guess I should get back to playing it one day, I stopped at some point where you have to go beat some foreigner dragon.

One of the biggest differences is that Rune Factory has a lot more combat, and combat is essential to progressing the storyline. It's nothing too complicated, and in my opinion doesn't detract from the comfy feeling very much, if at all, but it's certainly there. I can't say I've played Harvest Moon, only Rune Factory (bully me, I know) but from what I've heard that's one of the biggest differences.

You can also take your waifu on fields and dungeons and grind together, that's the biggest selling point in the game to me.

Rune Factory is Harvest Moon if it were an action RPG. You farm to get money. You get money to buy seeds and rare materials. You use those to make better tools and gear. Good gear can make journeys much easier. Killing bosses progresses the story. Some bosses turn into bachelor(ette)s. As the series went on it improved on its flaws and strong points greatly. Streamlining tasks to make them quicker, but still engaging. Things like carrying 9 items of the same type at the same time is greatly appreciated. Thrown produce don't shatter. Consumables that can protect crops from typhoons. Many things in general.

In these games, you level up from doing anything. Talking, selling, running, sleeping, fighting, cooking, fishing, crafting, being poisoned, and many more. Your build is centered around how you play. It's not a predetermined build. There are many weapon types too. Weapon skills for said weapon type can be used with other weapons. Like using a hammer skill with a spear weapon could greatly enhance the reach of said skill. Fist can give you musou tensei which lets you teleport in place or to others insanely fast. Combine this with the spear's drill attack and you'll be flying everywhere.

As for romance options. They give everyone a ton of lines to say each day. In 4, I talked to every NPC every day for a year and a half and they didn't repeat one line. They were still getting events too. In 4 you can go on a dating phase. Hug your waifu every day for maximum comfy.

Amber best girl

Rune Factory 3 is objectively the best game in the franchise.

How does this compare to Atlus' shit?

RF4 is fucking awful compared to 3

All the waifus are shit in 3 and the only good waifu in 4 is Arthur.

What exactly are you even asking with this? Atlus makes a variety of games. It's like saying "How does Call of Duty compare to Capcom's stuff?"

I can't figure out Margaret's or Clorica's personalities. One plays music and the other is weird, but neither of those are actual personality traits.

haha

This tbh. Not getting to plow Lin Fa was a mistake and a half.

TGS has been pretty shit all around.

Just started RF4 it's very cute
Now I know why that piece of shit Stardew valley sold, it was ripping off this one for the PC

CoD compares poorly with Capcom's stuff, that's easy.

He was surely referring to the quality of waifu found in atlus titles though.

RF5 when jesus christ, I'll take a remake of 2 with improved child generation even

I hope we get Rune Factory 5 someday. XSeed said in 2015:

If it happens, it happens. I'm a year or two away from admitting the series is dead. It also may be the case that the next entry will be developed by a different team and will suck. This has been such a lousy console generation.

I'LL RAINBOW CUT YOU

>special snowflake
RF3 a good game, shame I played it to death.

I still can't get into the final part of the story OR marry my elf gf thanks to RNG based events. It's been nearly a year in game since I finished the last story arc. Fuck you Rune Factory

Yeah it can get a bit stupid by the end like thay, took maybe a year and a half in game to get the last story part; and even then i had to grind to be able to not die. Then i realised all i had to do was bring bad dishes and throw them at shit

The rng is a real cunt, took me over 2 game years to finaly get a baby

I started to play RF4, shit's pretty fun and comfy as fuck. It's such a damn shame the dev went under; this is the most fun I've had in a while.

Clorica a qt though, Forte a 2nd qt

You can fug her when she was called Lily in Oceans. Literally the same klutz basic bitch character.

The real question becomes, in Oceans/Tides of Destiny, why would you want any girl other than Violet? She's sweet, shy, caring, and diligent.

It hurts that I'll never truly be able to marry Violet.

Mad doctor and incestuous tomboy don't sound so bad besides the fact that she can cheat on you with her brother.

Seriously though, every girl in TF3 was mental or borderline retarded. I still enjoyed what they had time say.

Even bad dishes can kill? Man I didn't even think of that.

They hired pretty much the entire dev team, so it would be done by the same people.

So you can be cucked in 3? The hell, does your character find out?

No. It's just that this girl named Carmen is really close to her brother. People here would always make jokes about how they probably fuck each other. Meanwhile Marian likes using you as a guinea pig for her potions. She would slip it in tea and mind control you to do her bidding. She would also do this to her friend who likes to eat a lot. The MC does get pissed every time she tricks him into this though. Another time where she almost kills him when she pressures him to test her new potion.

I will revive this thread just to say that Karina is best girl

I started playing not long ago, I'm fucking the knight grill, but I didn't knew I could fug other grills. Can I fug the nurse and cuck the doctor?

No, the nurse is unfugable. I'd say to go for the butterfly girl because she is the best, but she is mine faggot back off.

Classic. She'll never be biting you again that's for sure.

Now she can give gumjobs and chortle gallons of goo from various hairy penii.

forced dentistry makes me rock hard

If I break my foot off up in your ass is it a forced prostate exam?

I guarantee you it wouldn't be "forced".

No, the ara aras can never be married, as it is a tradition not being able to be with the older women
sadly

She's a communist anyway.

wrong.

Better than being a fucking jew.

Well she married one.

Wait, where did I miss this?

i'd rather marry the dragon but whatever

I don't have her and I already feel cucked.

Only game like this I've played was Stardew Valley which I thought was super boring and hated most of the characters, Still interested in the genre though. Does this have turned based combat? would it be easy for a non weeb to get into?

Its real time.

cool

180 hours into RF4. I was at 160 hours when I finally got Memories to proc, a single day later Clorica and I got married, then less than a season after that she had a kid.

I stopped playing as much because I have to grind some stupid shitty request to befriend 50 monsters and get everyone up to level 10 friendship (halfway there on both).

The ending of the game was dumb as fuck, it had no build or congratulations at all unlike the second arc.

DOLLY

YOU SON OF A BITCH I'LL KILL YOU

HOW THE FUCK DO I AMASS HUNDREDS OF STONE AND LUMBER FOR NEW FIELDS?
Do they seriously expect me to wack rocks and stumps for hours for that shit?

You'll need more then hundreds

Is there any trick to the Turnip Festival in rf4? I'm getting crushed every time.

My favourite is still Frontier sans the Runey System which I just cheat now instead of gaming with Runey Factories. RFF and RF3 are my favourites.

the trick is to git gud chain your hits

Frontier and 3 are great. However that Runey System in Frontier is a major buzz kill. It would have been completely easy to fix if they made it so you could move Runies in mass through Candy or request her to do it via the globe. Also having a globe only in the clock tower and not allowing you to get a portable one in your house was a dumb design I think.

My only other gripes are the NPCs having like a fourth of the dialogue compared to 3 and 4. That and progressing animal relationships is pretty damn slow with how repetitive it is to brush and talk to each and every animal every day. Maybe the problem would be how you increase the animal's relationship instead of how long it takes. The whole game in general has a very slow pace but I don't mind that.