"Hey JC, did I tell you about the time all augmented people went crazy and we had to exile them from society?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEF679A07A9F0E1F9
nanoaugur.net/dx/bible/
kentie.net/article/dxguide/
youtube.com/watch?v=5r6uAc__8Po
ia801003.us.archive.org/1/items/GDM_February_1999/GDM_February_1999.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is that what happens in Divided?

Your poorly aged game is shit, deal with it.

I agree HR and MKD is better than Invisible Wars

Kek is not pleased with your faggotry.

Actually going by old Deus Ex here Paul should be around 7 but im pretty sure its retconned to being that Adams DNA was used to make Paul and then Paul was used to make JC.

Apparently Adam was a pawn made by Versalife aswell

They probably looked at Deus Ex bible and said "Meh, we can do better"

The society presented in HR and MD looks years ahead of the one in the
original game, and those are prequels.
Instead of remaking Invisible War that suffered from consolezation and
"graphics first" instead of gameplay, resulting in claustrophobic
maps, they want to keep going backwards and focusing in muh
humanity and muh apartid, instead of creating a plot on top of
conspiracy theories.

Not really JCs augs were more advanced than Adams though the society one is ehh.

Your poorly samefagged bait is shit, die with it.

Oh, right. It was JC that was supposed to be born in 2029. I was thinking it'd be a important plot point for Mankind Divided.

And well, Adam as a VersaLife pawn really goes a little far, I'll have to play the game to see if it actually makes sense somehow.

"My earliest memories are tinged with the color of piss, and the earliest conversations I can recall are from strangers knowing my name and everything about me"

"I also recall how I got my first leg aug, I scraped my knee in recess and when I told the nurse she had it installed"

Its the reason behind Adams magical robo genes apparently Versalife was experimenting with kids to get said god robo genes and Adam was a success although the main scientists felt guilty over killing children so they burned down the lab and hid Adam

Very mediocre tier from your short descriptor but that's fine, I should just 'rent' the game soon and check it out for myself before spoilers get to me.

Have a pity (You)

He;s right though, Deus ex, Vampire the maskerade, Morrowshit, Thief and all other old games are trash that you only like because you were children when you played it. Get over yourself, the industry has grown up, why won't you?

I didn't play Deus Ex until two years ago and I think it's a fantastic game. So fuck you

That's a mighty bait if ever I saw one.

Whoa slow down there man, he's already had his fill. He even used the same image in the last thread about mods he made a similar post in and got many (You)s from that.

But look at the technology for everything else in HR compared to what you see in Deus Ex, heck, Deus Ex looks like it's taking place in the present albeit with augs, meanwhile HR looks like a gayer blade runner.

Needs an engine remake similar to OpenMW, but not making it from scratch and taking over a decade to get to 1.0

Reading the wiki it sounds as if Paul was conceived naturally to his parents but I've always doubted this, I've always suspected the Dentons were genetically engineered as Prototype super soldiers, was Alex the production model? I guess this would explain why there was no 4th Denton, or a mass produced Denton.

They didn't even get close.

I don't think it's possible to outdo Deus Ex, you could technically make a better game but you'd end up borrowing heavily from Deus Ex and may as well call your game Ex Deus.

I bet you think there was a ninth Ultima game too.

I didn't play any of those games until I was an adult and I still love them. What now faggoyim?

I hope to fucking chirst allgoddamnmighty you aren't implying Ultima 8 ie "Diablo's Rushed Blueprint" is anything even approaching good.

The original Unreal Engine is pretty great but I would like to see a Unreal 4 version of it - As long as all its features are ported over properly.

Deus Ex Revision pushed the original engine to the very limits, or so they claim at least and that's still pretty impressive, especially in terms of gameplay opportunity, worldbuilding, etc. It's one of the things that HR took pretty well, just too few hub-like areas.

There is no Ultima 8.

Is it ok to link Parcheesi?

Don't be silly. If there is no U8, then it follows that there is also no Ultima XD

HR and MD are shit, 2000 is the only good DX game

I think it would be best to make it gpl so I'd elect Idtech 4, or an engine derived from it, also it would lower the expectation of visuals.

THE MACHINE KINGDOM TIMELINE IS SHIT, GO FOR THE NEW DARK AGE TIMELINE

GMDX thread?
Power throwing corpses at enemies to kill them is the only real way to play the game.

The Mankind Divided trailer pretty much turned me right off, the only good thing to come out of it was one guy complaining that discrimination against augmented people was completely justified thus making the minority discrimination subtext of the game problematic.

HR and MD is a spinoff. It's even stated in the original game that augmentations were not public available

no, that was HR. nothing really happens in MD. Just some random bombing and a group is blamed for the bombings.it ended in a obvious setup for DLCs

That will be no longer possible in GMDX v9.0

Revision is dogshit, any Deus Ex game is better than even looking at that trash. GMDX is far better.

I concur that all of the above are shit. The only hipster game Holla Forums likes that is actually good is STALKER.

Hipsterism seeping through: it's actually the rich and connected who are the most oppressed.

Look at the tanks in area 51. They have the denton names on them (as well as a tank with fully grown alex denton in it.)

I still don't get how the augmented ones are supposed to be rich. What kind of rich faggot would get his arms replaced with crude claws just to get a job as a construction worker?

HR pretty much presents two sides, people who are pissed off they can't afford augs and get good jobs, and people who resent having to get augs even if they can afford them.

Why is this image only ever used for weak baits ?

I'd love to ask the dev team of NuDeus Ex why the fuck none of the shit in HR and MD is never talked about in Deus Ex 1 or 2.

I will never understand people who post these images. Are you guys just not aware what "bait" refers to?

Fuck you i was 21 when i played bloodlines. 22 when i reached for deus ex.

Augmentations appear to have been publicly available to an extent, Jojo Fine and that thug who deals in Zyme in the brooklyn bridge subway are both augmented.

Maybe the wiki involves retcons by the people who made the shitty prequels and not the original developers.

See these supermen with indestructible bodies and higher functioning? They're pariahs in a world where naturals die by the thousands every years, from things like car crashes and the flu.

Wasn't there also a bartender chick with augs? I think she comments on how she got them but I don't really remember it.

She used to be an UNATCO agent AFAIK, so it'd make sense that she'd get augmented in her line of work.

I tried to get into original deus ex but its just so shit,

I bet there is more but I just couldnt be arsed to continue after I passed first level

Since you're being a dumb nigger go install GMDX and play it that way.

you're a nigger and a casual if you can't deal with that

btw I got the game from GOG

its a little piece of shit dart shot silently from a well hidden position, faggot.

Have you even seen what GMDX does? It basically fixes the AI so they don't beeline towards you the moment you fire a shot, makes them smarter, rebalances skills, augs and weapons and add a shitload of new mechanics.

Like I said, stop being a dumb nigger and play the game.

She says she's "ex unatco"

have you ever been shot by a bb gun? a nerf gun even? you would know which direction it came from if you got hit

maybe about time someone shot you with a real gun

Sure is reddit in here

you might know a general direction not the exact fucking position from the milisecond you have been shot

With Augs you would

TBH one of the retarded aspects of DX is the enemy will know where you are even if they trigger a LAM across the map.

I never really noticed that through my recent playthrough but that's because I used all my LAMs as grenades.

Holla Forumss been reddit for a while now mate.

Not as badly as in this thread though

Those opinions are ironic, I thought reddit was about posting bad opinions unironically.

We've gone so much past Irony I don't even understand what's going on any more

Is 8ch frog fractions?

The only fractions we have is 14/88

aren't those the frog fractions based on hillary's speec the other day

(Heiled)
All I know is that we're a basket of Deplorables

Remember how Shanghai built an impossible double decker city in the year 2030 for no reason?

Ah, the plights of youth.

^0w0> these doubles xP

Nice bait faggot

Again I have to ask, do you even know what "bait" means?

He's acting like a reddit faggot ironically to get replies

This is some weak bait.

GO back to reddit it's obviously gaia shitlord

What if it's Facebook

So you are aware that you're giving him everything you want?

he wants*

Too bad they never went anywhere with it in DX. Apparently there was supposed to be a hub on the top side as well, and it would look like what you see out the windows in TYM but they ended up cutting it.

UNATCO?

No, Savage.

No, Savage.

You're right, it's grown up to be a piece of shit drunk that won't release anything good anymore.
Name me 10 Triple A games, not fucking remakes/remasters, actual good games that have released over the past 5 years.
Spoilers, you can't.

EDF
That is all

it is a good game at least.

2025 Released within 5 years
I didn't see AAA, though Yakuza 5 and 0 may count as AAA

It's people intentionally talking bullshit to get free replies. That's exactly what that faggot was doing.

It will, it just will be hidden under locked options.

lmbo

I played most of Holla Forums's recommended PC list in the past three years. Most of the titles for the first time. But anyways here your (You) fucking faggot.

HR and MKD are absolute trash. Worse than Invisible War, yes.

They are to the original Deus Ex what Fallout 3 and 4 are to Fallout 1.

just to clarify, yes I am shooting from the shadows, yes I hit the head and yeah I know they fall after few seconds

The only thing that didn't carry over from DE to HR was the amazing story, everything else was better.

my question is, how do I enjoy the game? what playstyle should I go for? and I wanted to play the vanilla version at least for the first playthrough

The writing was absolute ass and the universe design as well. Reminder that HR was supposed to be a prequel to DE.

No, everything was worse, story, level design, aug design, stealth, aesthetics, consistency with the lore.
kys

Get fucking GMDX, it improves on the basics, doesn't change the game fundamentally, you FAG

Invest in hacking, lockpicking and electronics and rifle, everything else is down to preference, but keep in mind swimming has few uses.

The pistol and the sniper are the best weapons in the game, followed by the mini crossbow, the shotgun and assault rifle are garbage, the GEP is good if you want to go in heavy.

Within the end of the first level you get the stealth pistol and the sniper, any and all weapon mods you find use to upgrade them. Everything else is down to exploration.

the industry was grown up back then, now it's already senile and on life support

Listen to everything this man says except the thing about swimming.

He is setting you up for failure in one of the later areas in the game. Swimming is borderline mandatory.

You can just spam rebreathers, and I finished that area with no problems with having ever invested shit in swimming. There's plenty of breathing room if you know where you're going.

Have a (You) so you can stop this faggotry. Go buy some bread.

Vanilla first, ignore the GMDX fags telling you to play it modded first

No further than trained though, higher levels become obsolete once you get regeneration and China has a shitload of rebreathers

This is shit bait.

The biggest problem with games such as DX, be it the original or the sequels, is that they always favor stealth over any other style of gameplay, simply because stealth is the most efficient in terms of item usage.

Games that opt for an open approach to any objective really should balance the economy accordingly and make players use up just as many "stealth items" as they would ammo and grenades.

Ignore this fag, play with GMDX first.

In case of the original Deus Ex item usage is not a problem because the game practically drowns you in resources.
After all what is the use of getting sniper and pistol ammo from enemies when you are just gonna knock them out using a baton or a prod?

Thing is in most stealth-based games when you're getting good you keep using less and less stealth items, however games which allow for an all-guns-blasing approach along with a stealthed approach usually don't have the problem of too few resources. I remember playing MGS3 recently and you'd be hardpressed to ever run out of ammo if you went for an all-guns-blazing approach because every goddamn enemy gave you ammo.

Nah, that's dumb.

The payment for stealth is planning and observation, as well as timing. If you want to start the big shitshow about weight limits and item noise, you could have the gear you're carrying affect how stealthily you move and make carrying weapons and items an actual burden and force ninjas to do shit bare handed and taking only what they exactly precisely need. The benefits of going in with your dick out is that you don't have to plan as much, you can carry what you want, you can tank damage with your armour and you don't have to save scum to do it "right".

So you've got rooty tooty point and shooty, make some noise and use your party poppers, or you can stealth it up and go in naked and unarmed and plan that shit out or else you're fucking dee ee dee ded.

Yeah but HR even goes out of its way to shit on lethal playthroughs by outright rewarding non-lethal takedowns over lethal takedowns on top of non-lethal already being more quiet. Unlike the original, where your options were the prod, baton and crossbow, in HR you have the stun gun, tranq rifle and cinematic knockout along with the tranq rifle not making enemies go into panic mode like the crossbow did in the original and the stun gun requiring only a single shot to take out the enemy.

It do, stealth items being multitools and lockpicks and bioenergy for radar transparency n shit

That's one thing I thought HR at least attempted to fix with the takedowns requiring battery power. Not that it did much since it regenerates anyway though.

One way to fix it would be to make knocking out enemies with low tech impossible without investing skills in it, or having enemies that routinely "radio in", so that if one isn't responding, or a camera is broken, the whole base enters a heightened state of alert.

But that's a problem. These kind of games should force you to play according to your specialization.

That goes out the window when you're simply headshooting everyone with your sniper rifle though. If you chose to go in loud you waste far more ammo, medkits and grenades that if you had chosen to stay hidden.

And, yeah, it makes more sense for JC to sneak around, what with him being one man, but then what's the point of giving you all these destructive toys in the first place?

It's the same problem Dishonored had. It gives you all these powers to create mayhem and then punishes you for using them.

HR's biggest problem is that it gives experience for everything you do, instead of when you simply complete objectives.

But you use those in the normal course of playthrough as well, and bioenergy is essential for any kind of playstyle.

Not nearly as many as when you're using backdoors, shafts, bypassing terminals and shit.

This in particular is so absolutely, horribly true.

Also, if you ask me, the whole killing or not killing thing is fine, but I don't like how not killing always requires stealth. Just like you can usually kill or not kill about equally well in stealth mode, you should also have a non-fatal, non-stealth option too. You know, charging in full force with stun guns a-blazin'. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't really like stealth, but I do generally prefer the "good" path in games. But where's the stun version of the assault rifle or the stun shotgun?

My issue is that so-called "stealth items" are usually much more tightly limited than ammo. You kill a dude and great, he drops more bullets. You fight more guys and that takes even more ammo, but you get more ammo from them, so combat always pays for itself, as it were. Conversely, you stealth past a dude and he doesn't somehow grant you more stealth items, those are specifically found in exact points in the environment regardless of what you do. This results in a totally different stealth economy, if that's the right term. I say they should be unified. Combat gets you more combat consumables, stealth should get you more stealth consumables.

I see nothing wrong inherently with that, the issue is that the experience payoffs should be equal whether you go fatal or non-fatal.

How is what I said a problem?
How does the game not force me to use stealth when I wanna use stealth? Again an example with MGS because I've played Peace Walker a week ago while I haven't played a Deus Ex game in years.

Specializing in stealth means that you have to plan your movements and carry as little with you as possible, you basically only carry the things you need to get the job done, nothing more nothing less and you could argue that it takes more skill and time to sneak around along with getting by with the bare minimum of items you took for the mission, than it is with just going around shooting dudes with an assault rifle. When I was reacquainting myself with the game I started taking items off of unconscious enemies and after a while I've noticed that they only give me a shit ton of assault rifle ammo, so I stopped even bothering to pick their stuff up because it'd be useful if I played an all-guns-blazing playthrough, but it's virtually useless to me now that I'm barely even using the tranq pistol.

So yeah, how the fuck does the game not force me to use stealth if for example I fuck up and run into a group of enemies, how am I not completely fucked if all I carry around is a wimpy tranq pistol?

The only way you're gonna force players to use more "stealth" items is if you saturate the player with so many omnipresent enemies that you might as well turn it into a shooter with an occasional stealth gimmick. Besides, if you've played Peace Walker compare how many silencers and ammo for your tranq pistol you get (silencers can break making the tranq pistol useless for stealth) compared to how much ammo you get for your assault ammo just off of killing enemies?

Even in an all-guns-blazing approach you use less and less items the better you get at the game because you're more accurate and learn how to avoid damage and similar things like that. The problem would be if the game marketed itself as a game where you could go for a stealth or an all-guns-blazing or an in between approach, but it starved you for resources making the all-guns-blazing approach less viable.

Would you play Arcanum first vanilla without the fan fix? Or Fallout or Fallout 2?

Unofficial fixes are different because they don't add new content.

Yeah they do. All of the shit I listed adds new "content".
The difference is the content was already supposed to be there, not some retarded modder's fantasy.

Fundamentally there are no differences, mong.

Uh… how is fixing bugs adding content? If it adds new stuff without allowing you to disable then it's not really a pure unofficial patch, for example in the unofficial patch for VtMB, you can either install the content that's supposed to be in the game or go for a pure vanilla experience with just bug fixes, I remember ZRP and SRP for Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky doing the same.

Except that GMDX doesn't actually fix shit unlike a fix would

Sure, but it's still a negligible expenditure because, as said, the game drowns you in resources.

That too, but there should be also ways to make stealth gameplay something more than a succession of savescumming events until you get it right.

That's hard to balance. I much prefer rewarding the player for completing the objective and not having the game judge how you go about accomplishing it.

Because you can take an offensive weapon with you as well? That's not really the game forcing you to do shit, it's you consciously choosing to avoid a specific style of gameplay.

How is that a good thing? I specifically said that DX actively entourages the player to go for stealth, it's the most rewarding route both in terms of resource management and from a storytelling perspective, since you get to listen in on what the enemy is saying.

This, far as I can tell, has always been the problem of all games that touted they allow the player to approach any situation with a different playstyle, and none have as of yet figured out a way on how to make an action approach equal to a stealth one.

There is basically no point in going loud in DX and that's a problem.

It does, actually.

Uh… I just said that those fan "fixes" add new content, change the vanilla game. A fan fix is no different from a mod.

Balance problem, fixed by GMDX

Then list the fixes they implemented and no the AI changes they made are not fixes

So enemy running in circles right in front of you being FIXED is not a fix?
Okay.

If you take certain suits for a mission in Peace Walker the ones that are designed for a stealth approach don't get enough carrying capacity to put in an offensive weapon, boyo.

Fundamentally it's not any different since it modifies the game as much as any mod would, but if it modifies the game as much as a patch would then you don't really perceive it as a mod.

And neither Fallout Fixt, Fallout 2 Killap's patch nor Drogg's Arcanum patch do only that.
Guess none of them are fixes and all of above games should be played vanilla first.
Bravo.

No argument there, that's another reason I don't like stealth for that matter. Combat has ups and down and lots of grey areas in terms of how well you're doing, stealth is pretty much "caught" or "not caught." You're doing bad in combat, you can fall back, try to find a better position, etc. Get caught in stealth and yeah, it's pretty much savescumming or sitting in a hiding place for the next minute or so doing absolutely nothing which is super boring and unfun.

There is no arguing that GMDX is the preferred alternative when playing DX.

Even at release the game AI was noted to fluctuate between braindead and being able to pinpoint your location with laser accuracy. About the only thing it did right was run away when close to death.

Several skills and augs were also severely limited in their use, as were many items (armors especially) and weapons. DX actually needs a mod like GMDX to properly rebalance your toolset to encourage more varied playthroughs.

That's fair, but it still doesn't fix the inherent problem of DX being primarily a stealth game, with the action being an afterthought.

Limiting the items a player can take, making silent takedowns "expensive", silencers degradable, enemies more likely to catch onto what is going on and being able to notice one of their own is missing, or a camera is malfunctioning are all ways to encourage the player to play to his strengths.

On top of that locking out content, equal in reward both in terms of items and narrative, behind different approaches is also required.

And there's suits for a balanced style as well, so, again, while PW tries to balance the approach out it still ends up defaulting to stealth by and large.

Not that this is a problem since MGS is a stealth game to begin with.

It ain't.

Nah. IW was VIDEO HOME tier.
HR has its flaws, MKD feels unfinished (short length, pacing/narrative issues), but both are well above IW.

It is in all the ways that matter. Gunplay is shit and early on, while your weapon skills are low, firing your weapon consists of crouching your ass down in a dark corner and waiting for the reticule to "narrow down".

Also, enemies are too dumb to catch on with what is going on, while they heavily punish you if you are ever detected because then they know exactly where you are.

No, DE is a game with multiple approaches, how you do shit is entirely up to you.

Tetris > MKD > MDK > KQ7 >WOLF3D 2

And some of those approaches are gimped, either through unbalanced skills/augs, or through problems inherent with the gameplay.

So, yes, technically, you can do whatever, but since every game is basically an exercise in optimization, players will more often than not chose the "path of least resistance", which in this case is stealth.

One game that came close to balancing all the possible approaches right was Dark Messiah.

Even stealth can be pants on head retarded since enemies have horse vision.

Only if you do the exact opposite of what you're supposed to be doing, getting caught, and when you do that it's just as I said previously, savescumming trial and error.

No, they always lack peripheral vision.

I'd agree that it was more refined gameplay wise. Still though, the level design was gamey (move from this section to this next section)

Also, in a slow moving game, story is essential, and not something that can be dismissed as a minor concern.

The story seems to go all over the place there. Yes there are tube tanks, but according to an early email, JC went to an academy. Then JC talks with an AI about his childhood.

That's an inherent issue in any game that values realism. Being a needless killer does have real life consequences that are not simple to deal with.

HR fucked up badly when it allowed you to murder an entire police department and still proceed as if it was just another day. The first game never put you in that scenario.

A perfect example of a patch crossing the line into a Mod would be the Masquerade Bloodlines series of patches. After like 4.1 the guy started adding shit in instead of just fixing bugs.

GMDX is on the level of the later series of patches and is therefore a Mod.

this is where I got it from. It's a bit ambiguous, but sounds like there is some type of augmentation technology available, but JCs augmentations are a technology on another level

Paul and JC also talk about suspecting their parents of being hired actors. I think it's more or less implied in emails that they were grown from bob pages DNA to be guinea pigs for nanoaugmentation. Though that leaves the question of how simons got augmented.

actually, watching this video clarify the matter. There are 3 types of augmentations, mechanical, nano and physiopharmaceutical (physiopharmaceutical is unrelated to this) . The new augmentations are nano augmentations which is what is refereed to in the first video.

That said, nanoaugmentations allowed previous impossibilities, such as invisibility .
Nanoaugmentations were not available during the time period of HR.
Though invisibility augmentations were somehow available in HR, which means means it's not really a true prequel.

Universal constructor magic.

It's not like it's stated that nobody else can get augmented with nanites, just hat Paul and JC have the least likelihood of rejecting them.

How does it feel to be born after 1995?
How does it feel to be part of the worse generation

Wait, didn't navarre or gunther use invisibility? Or is my memory crapping out that bad?

I think Navarre did but Gunther certainly didn't

All Gunther wanted was a skull gun.

And they actually built one for him, only too late.

F

If I remember correctly it's because she has one of these. But I have no source on that

That and lemon-lime.

Makes sense. Thinking about it it's also pretty retarded that HR clocks hide you from cameras, robots, people, lasers etc. while DX cloaks make you choose.

That could be explained by having radar for robots and cameras in DX but only simple cameras with facial-recognition software in HR.

Adam Jensen > JC Denton
Not comparing the games, but the characters

I also think Adam Jensen looks a little like Cr1tikal

JC isn't a fuckup, unlike Jensen the Cuck.

Hahahha, fucking no.
JC would murder jensen with one-liners alone.

Yeah, RIP

Adam may be an actual human being, though as a player character JC is much more suitable.

My vision is augmented.

Bravery is not a function of firepower.

You're gonna burn alright.

A bomb is a bad choice for close-range combat.

Maybe you try getting a job.

If I'd have known Ross was a fashion designer i never would've watched him, fuck you faggots who praise him.

You've got ten seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties.

Sticks and stones.

In terms of physiopharmaceutical, that'd be like an augmentation that'd 'cure' a disease that otherwise cannot be simply "cured" with antibiotics and other treatments, or like pain management systems ie like a module that like gives you a cocktail of oxycodone, morphine, benzos, etc yeah? That would certainly be amazing to see how such a thing would be implemented. Since it's basically building upon what our body naturally does during distress/injury.

That being said, I don't see how people are claiming HR/MKD are 'more advanced' with their augs compared to Deus Ex when fucking JC was a walking talking hunk of perfection.

Cause the shit in HR was more like seeing a bunch of people with prosthetic limbs with ricer shit slapped on top. Literally no physiophamacuetical shit, barely anything nano not counting the faggot drug that stops the body from rejecting said ricer shit unless you have blue LEDs.

It sucks that the new games really don't give a shit about the backbone they're shamelessly tossing to the side.

The lore in the original Deus Ex is just thrilling, shit that you'd actually wanna see happen, HR I know is supposed to be a prequel, but to me, it felt like a ham-fisted reboot/sequel in terms of story/plot.

Don't get me wrong though, gameplay was nice, and I enjoy HR a lot, haven't picked up MKD but it looks watered down from what I've seen, and the plot bullshit trying to analogue itself with dumb nigger issues really puts me off.

In no way, shape or form would anyone fucking view an individual like a fucking nigger for having augmentations, specifically due to it being a medical emergency or what have you that now enables this individual to live life to it's fullest.

Like for fuck sakes you don't see me curb stomping old ladies for using fucking hip replacements or little jimmy down the street for wearing a pair of fucking glasses.

I feel the guy who wrote the story for MKD clearly just wanted to cuck his shit up.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is Jason Bourne and the more advanced "models" that came after him, thought that is more retroviral therapy and psychological conditioning.

It was a white cunt and the idea about the nigger issues came from a salty nigger.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Jason Bourne shit.

If anything it's probably a combo of the two things, which would be rad as fuck.

Ah, salty niggers are always the bane of intelligent writing, and the idiots whom think their opinions matter.

To be fair they were fucked from the very start from the hole they dug themselves in HR. They already knew they were fucked so they made up a really retarded story to make it have any sense, like their reasoning behind Jensen magically having augs that he didn't have in HR.

This made me laugh because it is true. Nobody would give two shit about augmented people.

Compared to what people want to think about how Adams augments look better

JC actually has the better ones he doesnt have robo shit can jump higher,become invisible longer, and he has a load of other goodies like the EMP shield

They could have just stuck with conspiracy theories. DX works as well as it does because it wants to tell an interesting story without delving too deep into political bullshit or pointing fingers, HR and MKD shit the bed because they do what every other shitty piece of sci-fi tries to do, have the narrative be an allegory for something.

I'm still waiting for a DX inspired game that lets me play as a GitS cyborg.

They were trying to but they were focusing to much on the splinter cell group in the augmented terrorists

Yeah that's true, I remember the whole bullshit part about how Jensen was secretly augmented the entire time, so he doesn't need to take his negPoz cum cream like everyone else was just too autistic. If it were to take place AFTER, maybe I'd buy that bullshit, but no.

It's a shame too cause, let's be real here, Invisible War is 'bad', but at least plot wise it was somewhat interesting, minus the whole cum creature from the beginning. I'm cringing as I write this but you get my point.

Imagine a world, where getting a fucking cavity puts you on a fucking hit list for the rest of your fucking life, putting on a band-aid is grounds to fucking get your shit pushed in.

Even eating and drinking are shamed due to how it's simply augmenting your body.

Dude, if Augs were actually viable, I'd get a couple, like shit to compliment what's already there. Or if I had to, like some bone implants to make it more durable to then have an excuse to be doing shit I shouldn't.

Which, now I can't help but think about arm wrestlers, and how one fuck up can snap your wrists and just jut out, You ever seen that shit before? Shit is freaky. I'd probably edit it to have JC's head over the guy who fucking snapped the fruit's wrist like it was a twig.

Played Deus Ex for the first time in my life a week before Mankind Divided released, after years of playing Human Revolution. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

If the murders were such a huge concern, people could just check augs for any brain implants because that is really the only way they could all suddenly start killing all non-augs and conveniently ignore other augs.

Let's also not forget

by the thousands every years,>>10727726

The story of MKD uses a mix of the endings from HR. In it the whole ending with the kill order being sent to all augmented people is successful. So it's not like people hate augmented for getting a robot arm for a missing limb, but rather because for a day they went on a killing spree and usually targeted those who were closest, friends and family.

MKD is half a game tho so honestly no one should buy it.

If they stuck with conspiracy theories like they should have, like if you had the choice to redo HR for example, what shit would you pick to have it line up with the timeline established by the original Deus Ex and uh, Invisible meme?

The problem though is they wouldn't be treated like Niggers they'd be treated like a cross between the mentally ill and psychopaths waiting to snap. The augmented themselves wouldn't be too keen on augs anymore once they realize their brains can be hijacked at a click of a button and want to be rid of it and others wouldn't be to keen on that idea either.

Did someone say the n word?

Fuck, man, it's been years since I went full spreg on DX lore.

Well, let's see, the Illuminati and MJ12 split, the greys, the creation of the MiBs, Daedalus going online and defecting, the FEMA takeover, the uprisings in Paris, the NSF and the bombing of the statute of Liberty, a younger Tracer Tong, maybe even Paul's escapades.

You don't need to move the plot too far into the past to make it work, let the player be a mechanized aug and get to see what it looks like when one with nanites (Paul) goes to town.

As for conspiracy theories, I'd likely update them since the ones in DX are all from the 90s and early 00s.

Beth Duclare's assassination.

You put the mentally ill/psychopaths in secure environments away from everyone else which is what happened in MKD.

Also Prague was a hub for people who were augmented for work. Such being the case they can't really go back on that since they then would be paraplegics.

The story doesn't need to be directly related, it can be tangential like it was in HR, where there was actually very little shit directly to do with the original in it. For example Europe, Australia and the rest of Asia are largely left blank and could all easily be the main location for whichever timeline you want, in the original Europe is under even more control than the US and Australia is practically non-existant.

What a shame.

There's a moment where you're traveling by metro, you arrive and just outside there's a police checkpoint. They make you stop and see a cutscene (that you can't skip) where a policemen asks you for your passport and talks in his headphone for some checks commenting "Really? Nothing?" and sends you on your way with a frown on his face.

They wanted this to look incredibly unconfortable like he was making excuses to keep you longer there, waiting for a reason to arrest you because he's a policemen and clearly hates niggersaugs like you.
It felt incredibly forced the whole time, especially considering how the police benefits from augs more often than regular people.

Now keep in mind that, while Human Revolution wasn't particularly good either, at least the aug thing was handled better with fleshbags worried that they couldn't compete with their counterparts. You reach a brother in China and there's a whore talking about how some other other got a bunch of upgrades that let her satisfy a lot more clients and better and she feels forced to be augmented in order to compete with her or she's out of a living.
And in the same brothel, there's even women forced by their pimp to be augmented in order to atract freakish customers.

That whole exchange about fucking robo vaginas was somehow much less forced than the entire racism metaphor of MKD since it's actually the kind of problems one can imagine to happen in that kind of world and they are just people trying to scrape by with augments. It was a coherent plot point that simply made sense.

Oh, yeah, that too. Hell, the whole power struggle between Page and the rest of the Illuminati would make for a great game all by itself.

Thing is, the plot would eventually have to lead you to the center of the spider's web. The whole point of DX that HR and MKD miss is that cyberpunk is the backdrop, it's used to facilitate playstyle and justify a dystopia, the real meat is the conspiracy theories.

DX is incredibly redpilled, even though half the shit is unintentional (or at least I assume it is).

Adam Jenson is walking around with military grade augments so is it really that much of a surprise he'd get bothered by the police a bunch?

It's the same when a nigger carries a knife and get shit from the police. Of course any cop would stop and hold that fuck for as long as possible.

I like the way you think there buddy.

I feel the focus on the MJ12/Illuminati should be elaborated more so in terms of it's own past and infrastructure, but then again I'm a stickler for anything that's like borderline comparable to, or related to conspiracy theories involving the origins of society.

Not like full on aliums, but it should be something touched upon IMO.

Plus the FEMA shit, it's sad that now it's almost likely we're going to see that shit happen within our life time, cause I'm sure you remember when they bought all those fucking coffins.

The bombing of the statue of liberty AND tie that shit in with the previous attacks concerning the Twin Towers, cause why not, it's already there.

But yeah, Paul's escapades would be fantastic, clearly the best brother there is. I'd honestly want a prequel where you play as Paul, and just fuck about.

if I had to chose my own conspiracy theories, I'd have to chose shit like the discovery of Göbekli Tepe and how our advancements with technological persuits are actually credited to a higher being, like concerning the fact that most knowledge about the time period that Göbekli Tepe is from, and other neolithic shit would be a nice touch to the Deus Ex world, along with religious aspects and conspiracies cause the game is called Deus Ex after all.

If you hadn't heard about Göbekli Tepe, I'd read up on it, it predates most if not all civilizations, and whats fucking creepy, and I'm being serious it sends chills down my spine, is the fact the site is fucking bigger than stone hedge, and it sports it's own fucking constellation map.

What's worse, is that said map is calculated and to be viewed OUTSIDE of our fucking solar system, cause it's fucking mirrored. As well as sporting constellations that seem to no longer be recognized.

Yeah but, if it were to be related, at least expand upon shit or introduce new shit to keep it all within frame.

Sure it can be tangential like how they did it in HR, but that's what made it bland, there was nothing to go back on and go, oh okay I remember that, so this is how it played out. You get what I mean? What ever happened to exciting the player with new shit, and at the same time actually educating them.

I know for me, Deus Ex led to me actually wanting to learn more about shit like the Majestic 12, and how basically the world is nothing but a playing field, where if you truly have the ambition, know-how and charisma, you can rule the world or fuck it up like a kike would.

Wow that sounds severely autistic, the fact you can't skip that is even worse.

I don't understand why people seem to hate the police, then again these are the same niggers who go, don't hate the player, hate the game, yet here they are, hating on the individual doing his job, not his fault you're an autistic nigger with the mentality of a fucking four year old with downs whom doesn't understand how to calmly and carefully carry yourself with dealing with an authority figure.

The only reason why there's retards whom hate authority figures, is because they aren't one themselves, daddy issues and such.

But yeah, I will agree the aug shit was handled better in HR without it being obnoxious and was indeed integral to the plot.

That doesn't even make sense, what fucking augs would you need, to fulfill someone's fetish? A penis? Shit smell emitters? I don't get it.

Unless they're talking about an aug for anal where it turns your anus into a fully functional fuck hole, oh wait it is : ^ ).

But yes, you're right, that was done better than, look guys I have authority issues and I'm also a low self-esteemed nigger, please feel bad for me even though I leech upon society and not once have gave back to it outside of shitting where I eat.

Doesn't necessarily need to be the center of the spider's web, HR managed to actually accomplish nothing except lead you to stop Darrow and save Megan. The only thing that Jensen did to even remotely reach the spider's web was find out who pulls the strings. You can easily do conspiracy theories without having to go directly into Area 51, many conspiracies are specific to certain organisations and areas so it wouldn't be difficult to find fitting content.
There is a lot of shit intentionally put in that is subtle like the newspaper at the entrance of UNATCO HQ, which talks about the US paying debts to the UN. Paying debts to the UN is actually a serious political discussion that happened at the time that showed that they are not only recieving funds illegally but also trying to leech for more through seemingly legitimate means when in reality the US had vastly exceeded the amount the UN claimed that Americans owed them.

Well usually people can't just randomly afford a Typhoon system so if he has military grade augments then the police might stare at him as he passes by but they won't find it too suspicious since that could easily be a high-ranking government agent or a billionaire, which in either case would mean they wouldn't actively seek an excuse to fuck with him.

Deus Ex was a masterpiece of a game.
Invisible War was a bad Deus Ex game.
Human Revolution was a good game but a terrible Deus Ex game.
Didn't play that last one.

Yes, yes it is.
In that kind of world, you expect augments like the ones he has to be common place, especially since most is literally under the hood. All the police see is another chrome like many others.

Also keep in mind that he isn't dressed like some punk, he looks much like an agent or detective. Realistically, the police won't bother these kind of people (unless they are rookies) since these kind of people don't go out shooting people at random and are protected by someone powerfull.

A much better nigger metaphor would be achieved by having Jensen passing by those checkpoints with the police ignoring him while some other aug with an hack job is interrogated for hours just nearby. Bonus points for a topic of conversation with a guard nearby where he says that aug "looks like trouble" and Jensen "looks like trouble too but not the kind police alone can or should deal with"

Cyberpunk is often about a private company having some fucked up plan to take over the world. Deus Ex only makes it a very large corporation with many smaller ones helping and tons of convuluted parts in that plan, but it's still all cyberpunk on the front stage.

Well no, in HR and from what I have seen also in MD footage, police officers are more than capable enough of telling that he has some advanced shit on him. It isn't just him looking intimidating and talking in a deep voice, they can see with their own eyes that what he has on him is some expensive military-grade shit.

Except for the part that the entire setup is basically designed to make the Augs Niggers in some ghetto and everybody treating them like that too, a proper asylum is much mor e dehumanizing and isolating and they'd be rendered incapable of movement until after a thorough trouble shooting exam on all their systems before even being let go. Instead of everyone talking down to them like they're Niggers they'd be guarded and weary but would otherwise not deliberately treat them like they're a Nigger and their family basically mourning them because their brains were hijacked by a 3rd party.

Yes, of course. But that kind of hardware isn't something you just buy in a regular shop, rather something given to you by the company you work for, the richer the company the better the ware you get. There's really no point in stopping someone that's practically a slave to that company at that point since he isn't gonna start shit at all. He'd risk any and all maintenance for his augments after all since that's far too expensive to deal on his own.

Police would look at him as someone with powerful wares but kept in check by his own company. At most they'd just ask for what company does he work so they can bill them any shit he does. The same couldn't be said for someone with a custom low-budget job that he clearly did on himself.
This would make it even more uncomfortable since it makes augs look like gilded cages where they never really give you the freedom you'd expect.

this talk about how HR could have been reminds me of The Nameless Mod, a conversation between some HUGE nerds with way too much time on their hands.
Basically they talk about things that did not make it into the game, such as the moon base and texas missions. And overexpain everything that have a large to minor appearance. Such as the greys, JFK assassination, Priory of Zion, all the 6 AIs and so on.

If you havent played it, do it. if you dont want to, you can listen to the conversation here
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEF679A07A9F0E1F9
or read about it (scroll down)
nanoaugur.net/dx/bible/

dude, The Nameless Mod is fucking sick, thanks for reminding me of it.

Gonna play through that shit tonight.

Sounds like you nerds need your knuckle prescriptions refilled. >:|

And he was a good friend.

I just got my script filled, I can spare a couple knuckles if you'd like friend.

: ^ )

Uh no. After seeing what these new people wrote and their capabilities, I'm glad they stayed away from the conspiracy meat.

In fact, it is essential. I believe if the original writers had created a prequel, you would feature characters like Du Claires' mother, the block-of-ice Illuminati guy, and other occultic/secret society elements. [if anything, the bloody AssCreed games understood the DX world better]

The game feel would be closer to Eyes Wide Shut/The NInth Gate instead of some futurist action manga. You'd have missions in Bohemian Grove, and Rothschild Estates along with the R&D tech labs.

The question is, can they make a real prequel that still incorporates the Jensen stories–or do they need to scrap all that shit.

Well I mean, they can incorporate Jensen if they wanted, or use Paul, or come up with another character.

Cause as long as they can deliver the goods here, It doesn't matter whom I'm playing as

pc gamers are too easy to troll

Holy shit I don't remember that trash.

I played that shit a while ago and I thought it was good fuck your shitty shilling/bait.

It's a mod.

No shit

Shit, all this talk makes me want to play the game again. What are some good graphics enhancements and bug fixes that don't affect the gameplay?

DX11 mod, google it, you'll find it.

More like the aimless mod.

That's not really a line in the TNM is it?

GMDX and DeusExe, although DeusExe has a few strange errors with GMDX, it doesn't display correctly any of the changed skills and augs from GMDX for some reason.

I've already checked GMDX, and it has quite a lot of balance changes. It looks nice, but I want gameplay to remain vanilla for this playthrough.

Isn't one included in another?

GMDX is definitely worth it.

kentie.net/article/dxguide/

>DUDE I HATE CHILDREN because I have a small penis, and I'm worried that the children I use in my insults are more well-hung than me LMAO XDDDDDDDDDD

Vampire the Masquerade is shit, though. That's your only good point, dicklet.

GMDX is practically a gameplay overhaul, he wants a some simple fixes but otherwise is a vanilla playthrough. Also Kentie's launcher is not usually called DeusExe that will just confuse people and for the purposes of bugfixing it fixes a lot of minor things and compatibility issues by itself.

When I came here two years ago, anons were not falling for bait, especially shit obvious bait.

Anons here lauded the fact that this is where bait comes to die, this is not cuckchan and their inane "vidya" board that's actually about anime girls, Twitter threads and banning people.

So why do I see such obvious (1) trolls get so many earnest replies these days?

Tell me that you haven't forgotten. We can have good threads here without resorting to contant bumping, sliding and trolling to make the best of it.

Fuck off reddit

Just hide the dipshits that post bait or take it.

It could be trolls replying to themselves - after all, it's not like there is more than a handful of them here who change their proxy for every post.

That would depend on what kind of augs.
Lost an arm n a accident and replace it with a normal aug? Sure.

Some heavy-duty shit that actually makes you a lot more dangerous?

Sometimes I respond to obvious bait just to get people to respond to my posts. It also helps encourage other people to respond to the original post since someone else has already done it.

That's still closer to an Open Carry problem than a race issue.
Those augs are dangerous and can even be classified as weapons in some cases, do we allow everyone to just buy some and carry it around everywhere?
Or do we place restrictions on what augs people can carry, or mandatory DRM that the police can tap into to disable you?

The closest you could get to a race issue here is saying that a nignog with some augmented arms is clearly gonna bust open the bank's vault, not do heavy lifting in his construction place, but no such comparison is made in the game, everyone that has augs regardless of race is regarded as dangerous.
Prague comes up as Texas, not Congo.

So I hear GMDX got an update this year, is it time to reinstall?

It's never not the time to replay Deus Ex with any mod. GMDX is getting another update in December, so you might as well plan another replay by the time the update gets released.

Never tried any mod, and just replaying for the 21st time. Somehow I still find new things, even if it's something little, every time.

Last time I realised there was another manhole to get to the MJ12 facility under Hell's Kitchen, and in there a dead MJ12 soldier with a diary datacube.

This time I thought I had gone through the canals thoroughly, but found a dealer and a druggie having a discussion, if you over hear them they attack you. Shit is nice.

All the mods I've looked at just seem to ruin the atmosphere and aesthetic of the original.

I played Deus Ex because it came free with my HR preorder. I loved HR, but Deus Ex is objectively better than HR in all categories that are not cosmetic.

It's called DeusExe, that's about all there is to say about DeusExe.

It had an update last year, it's getting a new update at the end of this year with even more fixes and even more features.

including fixes for shit that it broke

The devs are also aiming to polish up the environments, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

Just like try mod.

How's the PS2 port of Deus?
Is it bearable?

It's terror

Looking at screenshots of the UI, it doesn't look good.

Only considering it since downloading shit to play anyway.
Can't imagine it running well, but could be fun.

context matter.
youtube.com/watch?v=5r6uAc__8Po

I tried playing GMDX but if I picked up any corpses they would become placeholder objects and supply crates were inexplicably empty. Anyone else had any experience with this?

The DO NOT PLACE boxes will apparently be fixed in 9.0, the empty supply crates are probably intentional so as to drown you in less supplies unlike vanilla, though I'd rather that empty supply boxes would fuck off.

Must've been an amazing experience for console-only fags back then, at least hearing about it from two of those types.

to fix that you need to turn off the option that makes you auto switch your weapon off when picking up bodies, it's a bug that's been fixed but the dev isn't releasing until 9.0, they also fixed that Jojo Fine error which ruined a whole lot of fun for me.

if you don't talk to sandra renton before returning to new york to bomb da boat she ends up on a date with vinny the soldier and she will greet you as if you this is the first time you have formally met, and she won't appear at the Vandenberg gas station

Supply Crates was just balance, if you don't like it send the developer an email and complain about it, I only found it an issue with 9mm ammo, but at the same time I think I wasted a whole lot on something stupid because I only really had an issue between Hongkong and Vandenberg.

Not a race issue but still
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Everyone calls it Kentie's launcher because it's a replacement executable file, it always causes confusion when you call it DeusExe or Deus Exe for people who're just getting started and then some idiot complains when he doesn't delete the "e" to change it to the proper name of the original executable.

The level design is very different, you wouldn't recognize two of the hubs that's for sure. Some think the dead zoning is nice, I didn't use it though since I used the prod.

Neither game really goes into the legal issues of augs at all do they, outside philosophizing arguments I don't actually see much legalese come up specifically about things like that.

for what purpose

The ps2 port is pretty different. It's biggest difference is it uses a different health system of 400 points instead of having your arms/legs/torso etc as different sets of 100. It's decent enough, but the aforementioned health thing makes the health regen aug really OP

Who are you quoting?

here's to (you)

well it doesn't matter what everyone calls it since it's called DeusExe

Started playing vanilla on Realistic. Any advice for a non-lethal playthrough?

Stick with the prod, prod with the prod. Just in case though, we're police.
You can oneshot regular guards with the police baton, but your aim will need to be careful if you don't have high skill. The head, surprisingly, is not the best hit zone due to a hitbox bug. Aim for the lower back, a bit above the ass.

Oh, yeah, you can do headshots with ranged weapons though. IIRC you need to shoot from the cardinal directions due to the bug.

I tried shhoting some NSF guards in the head with tranq darts, but they still take a lot of time to drop. Is there any difference between hitting a guy with a tranq dart in the head and in the body?

If you never read Warren Spector's "RPGs for the New Millenium"
Page 37 to 46:
ia801003.us.archive.org/1/items/GDM_February_1999/GDM_February_1999.pdf

Tranq xbow is amazing even on untrained.

I think the tranq's intial damage is affected by the hit location, yes. Like I said the headshots are a bit wonky though.

Hasn't Spector been "progressified"?

I have no idea, I hope not.

Yeah, he's SJW now

What a total fucking faggot
I bet this guy never walked through a black neighborhood in his sheltered life.

Don't you have any common sense?

Shodan 2.0 is going to be a totally independent system that don't need no hacker and you need xir consent to hack her.

Implying that everyone has a fucking choice

talking about racism and misogyny doesn't immediately make you SJW though

The way he worded it does though

Has better models and changed levels, worth a try

Read his other shit

Nah but it likely makes you a progressive.

That was the only tweet of his I remembered that demonstrated his leanings. There were others though, that weren't so ambiguous

Except it does, because that's what Social Justice is all about. Hence Social Justice Warrior.

I still can't get over how poorly done the gameplay in HR was. When you stopped and thought about it, everything that wasn't the hacking felt clunky and nonsensical.

I just started playing the first Deus Ex a few days ago and I think it's great. Explain that one, gayboy.

I tend not to think about the newer games and just stick to the one good one.

Generally people who complain about misogyny or, worse, sexism AND misogyny tend to be SJWs. Misogyny is a very specific term, describing a deep-seated and pathological hatred of women, that few actually use properly.

Give at least one situation where complaining about misogyny when talking about James Bond wouldn't be SJW

That goes without saying.

(checked)

Highly simplified in many aspects from the PC games. The models have a higher poly count but the levels themselves are smaller and changed. The lighting also looks off and too bright.
Its not better than the PC version but its not awful either.

I know it's bait but I want an excuse to post this

He was probably always like this, it was just never trendy to show it.

Also reminder to everyone, that virtually all of the good story elements in the game are not his creation.

Yeah good thing he wasn't the writer for DX. Originally they wanted an option for male/female MC.

You can imagine how restrictive this would've been to write just by comparing it to IW.

rip

Woah, but does he know how many niggers and wiggers are in Louisiana? Even half of the white people there are basically niggers.
t. Louisianian

Did we give you permission to speak, Louisiana?

Liberal doctrine demands that all people reject any negative realities regarding minorities. The fact that removing all blacks from the US would make the gun crime per capita equivalent to Belgium's is simply ignored.

The next Deus Ex should be set in New Orleans, it's going to become the Detroit of the gulf when that oil money goes away.

What the old game designer who can no longer make good video games is super progressive now? I never would have guessed. I mean it isn't like people who make shit wrap themselves in progressiveness to protect themselves from criticism, right?

I've been to N'orleans recently. It already IS the Detroit of the Gulf.

Yeah but Invisible War was also incredibly limited because it was made for the Xbox instead for the PC like the first game. Not saying that wouldn't have ruined DX1 but that it might not have been what ruined DX:IW

Is Spectre making SS1 remake or SS3?

From Wikipedia:

RIP SS3

Maybe he'll put it into development hell again and they'll just send him to an office to mill about while they fix the game.

Continuing my non-lethal stealth playthrough I seem to hit a wall. MiBs from the ambush in Paul's apartment feel like they are completely invincible. I tried to stick with the prod, but it only stuns them. Slapping their asscheeks with a baton while they are stunned doesn't work either.
I tried hiding in the closet, but without Paul inside the apartment the troops just stay there.
Any tips?

Fuck trying to non-lethal self-destructing mutant abominations. Use the GEP gun.

I don't have it. I tried taking one on Liberty Island, but the game glitched and instead gave me a minicrossbow after my inventory carried over from a previous attempt.
I do have some gas grenades, LAMs and armor suits, though.

TBH set a STALKER game there instead.

You could try making a run for it after donning the armour and throwing some gas. If you are playing vanilla, the closet trick should work, but it really wouldn't count as "non-lethal" if you let UNATCO troops get killed by Paul.

Just bolt out the front door.

Fill the door hallway with gas bombs or just try to load a previous saved game and place bombs in the hotel hallways before the UNATCO grunts/MiB spawn.

I love how in GMDX they give you non-lethal ammo for certain weapons.

There is no Paul, user. That slimy fucker ran away while I was sending the signal for NSF. Or it could just be me sequence-breaking and using the subway before escaping the ambush

What's the best spot to place a grenade on the first floor?

Upgrade your low tech weapons skill. The prod should be able to two-shot the MiBs. You can also loot them if you knock them out with the prod since they don't blow up. A few of them have Dragon Tooth swords later on. Otherwise, just kill yourself, not like it makes much of a difference at that point.

Yeah and what do you idiots do when you spot them? Reply.

Tried to use thermoptic camo. Get one-shot by UNATCO snipers on the way out the moment I make a noise.

My low-tech is at Advanced already. I even have that melee aug installed. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Finally made it through, but Gunther doesn't speak to me. If I attack UNATCO they kill me and I get kicked back to main menu. Is there any way to fix it?

I was just comparing the writing. DX1 was written with a male in mind–007/Film noir detective alpha. That's why you have tropes like damsel in distress, femme fatales, stripper talk, dick-measuring contests, bro-bonding etc.

IW was written well, but with a female MC priority. So if you use male Alex, he comes across like a neutered, nu-male clown and gay tbh.

It's highly restrictive to try write a MC as both male/female with the same lines, and it will basically mess up one character or the other.

That video is pretty cool except for one detail: Quest Markers.
Quest Markers on the screen (not on a minimap) are the evolution of a map for the current crowd.

When you had a map you had to open in another HUD by pressing M for instance, you had an element that gave you information about your surroundings that required breaking the pace to use. You either saw the world around you or the map and this is as good as lockpicking in Oblivion\Skyrim.

So Devs though of a different way of conveying the same information without breaking the pacing. They made a minimap\compass that gave you your general surroundings and the direction to reach your target. Even a path drawn for you or an arrow that tells you the current direction to follow, not an absolute one, just so you wouldn't have to pause the game to consult a map every 15 seconds.

However, this resulted in players looking longer at their minimap than they saw the rest of the world and what's the point with gorgeous textures and skyboxes if nobody is looking at them?
So they made the Quest Markers part of the world, something you see floating around. So you can and have to look at the world around you to figure out location information.
It's a carefully weaved and evolved method of consulting a map without having to pause the game, not just a brainless lazy decision made by incompetent devs.

I'd much prefer something similar to Morrowind where you are given directions from landmarks and you have to end up knowing the world around you to travel in it, but this requires getting invested into the game and caring about it's inhabitants, towns, locations, landmarks, history and characters. And all that requires a world that's worth a damn getting to know, which AAA simply doesn't have

A better idea would be to implement a diegetic real-time interface that doesn't interfere with movement, like PDA in Gunslinger (vid related). This way you can weave map usage into the game world and provide another point of immersion without sacrificing QoL functionality.

You also have the example of Far Cry 2 that features a map and a PDA you can select to check things around with a binocular as well and you look at it simply by equipping and looking down.
That alone is already a pretty good reason to play that game and there was even a mod for Skyrim that gave you local maps that could be used in the same way, which also applies to Minecraft maps.

However, that's just maps, you need more than that. Sometimes, your objective can be described with direct coordinates you could input on a map, other times it isn't and shouldn't be so simple. Like a city having slums somewhere and you getting a quest that requires talking with beggars or thieves. The world would have to establish what and where the slums are, while the quest giver would have to give you some information to get you going, like the appearance of your target or what bar he frequents.

You don't actually need anything as fancy as that PDA (although that's really fancy), just a journal to record information and a cohesive world that makes sense and demands you explore and understand it.
If you find a murder scene with two trails of blood, you shouldn't need a quest arrow telling you where the killer is, just follow each of them and see which belongs to whom (maybe different creatures have blood with different colors) and even check underground clinics as well as anyone that looks injured.
If you see a man constantly going to taverns that you need to convince with some diplomacy, you shouldn't get an "(Optional) Bring him Special Wine" quest, you should infer from his habits that he likes to drink good booze and you can bribe with it.

Of course, this all requires making a world that obeys and recognizes both player agency and common sense which isn't really what most Devs are going for today, preferring a linear experience specifically crafted by them for the fans to enjoy in a specific way.

zero punctuation is shit
faggot

So he reviewed a game you liked. Happens to everyone, don't be sour.

I've got nerves of steel

actually the fact that he literally hates video games has nothing to do with it

Come on buddy, show us on the EXE file where Yathzee touched your videogame…