Wiki - dota2.gamepedia.com/Dota_2_Wiki
Learn - purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
News - liquiddota.com/

MOBAs r shit lol

reported

Serious

Did Fear get kicked out?

he retired

EG deserves the worst for bringing that lolcow back (technically he's a cow).

Every time I want to play Dota, I remember all of the horrible matches I dealt with, the fuck-awful meta, and faggots like SirActionSlacks are being the new faces of Dota, killing any interest I had in Dota.

I can't wait for [DOMINANT META] to win this year!

RTZ is pretty good at video games and I'm jealous because I could be his dad.

Feels berman

Same tbh

Is there any hero more fun to play as than Nyx?

Nyx nyx nyx nyx nyx nyx

I don't understand how they have competitions with these games.

Its so obvious most heroes are just way better then most and more so just plain forgotten thanks to the meta.

like lycan, brewmaster or earth spirit.

Critshaker.

you're basically a carry nyx assassin with critshaker.

But I havent seen that build in such a very long time, it might not even be a thing anymore.

It's because in competitive play, people know not to feed into his reactive armour stacks during the laning stage and to keep Timbersaw from snowballing. Timbersaw is a beautiful hero, but only when played correctly; he struggles when trying to play from behind.

How do you even get behind on timbersaw? He can take tower damage up to level 4 or level 5 if you don't have the items for it.

Not even axe can do that and he's strictly early game.

Hell, you'd need a trilane to even hope to killing him with heroes like lion, skywrath or other nuking heroes.

Whahhhahhahtttttt

Spirit Breaker.
OH HI THERE

Guys…. Am I a loser?

I'll never grasp why people don't make Space Cow tanky. That fucker is nuts if you can get tanky stuff like Assault Cuirass on him. Every time I see some shit build om Space Cow, I die on the inside. :(

Fear has a chronic wrist injury. It's the reason he missed TI4 and was replaced by our big boy Mason.
He's still coaching EG though.

The real shocker is PPD not playing anymore.

PPD was a steady captain in a sea of bitchboiz
RIP

WHHHATTTT IS GOING OOONNN

I await that beautiful day when Brewmaster will be great again. My most played and loved hero.

54 Wins to 19 Losses

Tell me about the Brewmaster, why does he drink the beer?

F

To drown out the sorrow of losing his friends.

Such is the futile and crushing reality we exist in.

That is actually really sad.

It's the shuffle season. Some of us fiend the shuffle drama actually.

It's so nice to see someone do this.

Reminder that EG is one of the sleaziest pro-gaming organizations out there if you follow them out of ASSFAGGOT games (they hired some sleazy pricks in the fighting game scene like Marn).

Sniper main for life.

I hope you know how to jungle sniper effectively atleast.

He also dragged it down with his ego twice as fast

Because eventually the title of TI5 winner wears out fast

Probably more bullshit ego stroking on how great he's been.

I can't believe the normalfags haven't got bored of ASSFAGGOTS yet. Aren't we supposed to be the autistic ones?

I never tried Sniper jungling, but managed to win games as Support Sniper. I had so much fun playing as a support.

EG IS FUCKING DEAD.

Good thing they at least won 1 TI.

Perhaps it is the normalfags that are the autistic ones.

Long live DC I guess.

I am not even sure how you can do that effectively unless theres so many disables that sharpnel kills em off.

Jungling with carries like sniper is not so good, but it's possible to make a 11 min treads and shadowblade.

I like them for supporting JWong and KBrad. They haven't really backed Marn for a while.

I don't think you understand how autistic these manchildren are.

I want to like Brewmaster, but I feel like he's got two completely different styles that weren't meant to jive together. With his ult, he has good crowd control and survivability for a brief period of time. Without his ult, he is a powerful right-clicker so long as he gets the items to scale, which is often a snowball thing. But he's mostly built around his ult, which falls off into the lategame.

In other words, how are you meant to play him?

you can play him as an initiator.
The good thing about his ult is that he can still regen health in the process of it.

Having that plus dodging, he's really helpful at controling the fight with slows and other disables.

You really need a good team comp, and pray that they can start team fights. In the beginning I would help the carry with denies and last hits while he farmed (I stole a few he couldn't get into). Venom Orb in the early game helps to push people away from the carry's farm,

Such a shitty item on Sniper. I'd rather buy Blink Dagger, which actually helps him.

They're not supporting Marn because he's a bum who kept choking in tourneys while he acted like a sleazy prick. Wong did some sleazy shit with and without EG, but he brings them profit with consistent placements. If Marn didn't lose one tourney after another, EG still would have supported him (It doesn't help Marn that he blacklisted himself in the LoL scene).

Shit, PR Balrog acted up in a tourney by screwing his opponent over with a pause, and EG still keeps him on their payroll. EG is shady.

Enemies are a teensy bit damaged and slowed significantly for 3-4 seconds
Ult can be interrupted at this point
Can be good but sometimes bad, depends entirely on the target
It's a pretty alright stun.
Then what? Wait for those last two skills to come off CD?

I remember that pause; Rog is a cunt at times. I don't think I'd drop a player's sponsorship over just one questionable decision that was ultimately accepted by people in the tournament - the blame there is on Final Round (it was FR, right?), not on EG.

I don't know what shady shit JWong did other than be sponsored by EMP, but I'm pretty sure he regrets that.

when jungling you'd need the extra damage you can get.

Also the attack speed would help proc the slows a bit more. It just seems a better choice when ganking as early as you can.

Also when jungling you'd need to max sharpnel to clear out the camp stacks easily.

Holy shit, dude, how do you fuck up this badly?

Haha what a fucking cunt

Just don't waste your time getting angry at your team. That's the only way I can fathom you getting this many reports without trying to - if you raged at your team every time something went wrong and never shut your goddamn mouth.
Why not just not yell at them?

It's one of the many reasons people don't really pick him. But considering how much damage he can take and drag out fights, it just seems right to jump in first thing and soak up the damage.

also a 6 second disable is a god send in team fights. Plus you can use auras with your items, I think.

>Wanting to afk jungle to farm items rather then get a quick shadow blade Or blink I guess and just gank shit.

Rog places in tourneys, and only acted up once. Marn is just a shit bag that hurt EG's profit with his losses and shitty antics.

Wong used to do some pot-splitting, and talk shit about people until GamerBee, Kuroda, and other Asian players slapped the shit out of him in their respective games. He's a little more humble, but still dressed like a 16 year-old…despite being a fat, greasy guy in his 30s.

Have you seen Arteezy stream? That fucker used to rage quit, and sperg in his games (yet people are okay with it).

Dragon lance and force staff are both cheaper to build than either SB or blink, though. Lance requires two bands of elvenskin, too, which are great for your earlygame damage output.

Give JWong two more years and everyone will think he looks like actually an old grandma.
And no, I actually skip the Arteezy streams. I know he ragequits, but he still gets reports all the same.
When's !Attacker going pro?

dragon lance would be pretty good I suppose.
You'd need to max shrapnel as I said before if you had to jungle with sniper.
And the dragon lance could help with the extra range, since there'd only be one point into the range when you reach level 6.

But if the enemy lane has wards it'd be hard to close Then again no one expect a ganking sniper, because its stupid

uh

I love playing that guy

Why do you care about pro dota? Pro dota sucks dick.

I play dota, I got over 3.5k hours in that game now and I couldn't care less about them.

We have a discussion about that score on playdota, it hardly matters. I am over 7.5k and my games are almost unplayable. Forced to pick support every game because otherwise we would end up being 5 carry teams.

And the worst is those guys who pick carry aren't even good at it, they are 400gpm noobs.

You must be some 2k shitter

maybe morphling?
what the hell? since when could nixon mana burn and burrow? i am so out of the loop.

Fuck off, Slacks. You're an unfunny faggot.

Arteezy is around 7 - 9k, but he's useless if you force him to pick characters that aren't meta carries let alone in the meta. I've seen 7-9k players rage quit games. He's such a tool and a lolcow. Purge finally hit 5k, yet he's still terrible when he plays a game (yet, he knows so much. How is this possible?!). Sheever is a fucking retard at 3k, yet "analyzes games."

Going off by , it's pretty rational to say a lot of players in the 5k - 7k range are still horrible. MMR means jack shit if you got there through spamming meta heroes like Arteezy.

epic meme boys

now let's talk about something serious

post yfw Slacks is 5k

Let's get an inhouse going. Like the good ol days before the Exodus.

Lobby name is Holla Forums d2g
password is infinity

Stick to the Overwatch thread you cancerous pieces of shit.

You don't deserve those trips faggot.

man Lina sure is HOT

Yeah I agree dude!

I quit dota.

You dont deserve to play video games faggot

Quit life while you're at it

So go back to playing dota?

Please no, I want to discuss it but wait at least until the next major to make a general, this is pointless /vg/ circlejerk

Why aren't you in the Paladins thread?

Why do you cancerous faggots give this fucking argument everytime?
I have 7 more tabs on Holla Forums only, I only took a minute to post this.

Consider suicide for playing a shitty shallow timesink.
The only good thing about it is that its free.

I am

Maybe if you're defending it. Face it you're just mad because you're shit at DOTA. You need something as easy as Paladins to play.

belongs on 4/vg/

So basically Paladins players
Man, Paladins players have a really sad existence.

No, you're just full of shit. Just get out man.
By the way Sam plays Dota 2 aswell, take that however you want to

why do single games take an hour to play
why do heroes have to physically turn to change direction
why are basic abilities like slark's pounce so fucking gay, why not aim at mouse cursor or and let you target manually
why does everyone move so slow and the game pace feel so agonizingly sluggish if you can get killed in half a second, fucking keep the pacing right at least jesus christ

addendum: what's the point of having different heroes if you can all buy the same shit

It depends on how the game's pace is going.
So ranged heroes don't have an advantage.
Skill.
Get good and stop whining.
Because heroes abilities are more important then items generally. A hero with high int gain and high mana regen typically needs to buy less mana items then one that has high spell costs and low int gain.
Centaur Warrunner has a 3 point str gain, meaning he is tanky by just leveling up. He doesn't need to buy HP items in early game to be tanky, but he can boost his tankiness by buying more HP and strength items like Heart of Tarrasque.
Some heroes are a better fit for some items then others, you aren't going to have a Crystal Maiden take all the farm, buy 2 rapiers and a Heart of Tarrasque.

why do competitive physical sports take an hour per match

because mechanics and not being riot shit

git gud

buy boots retard

go back to league if you want your builds to be dictated for you, faggot

ASSFAGGOTS
A
S
S
F
A
G
G
O
T
S

This is one of the many reasons I don't play League. Builds should be able to adapt to your team and the enemy's team, and what they're building. I'm saying giving everyone the same building blocks makes balancing a bitch and reduces the amount of freedom you get to improving your heroes while simultaneously minimizing the individual differences between each hero.

The only reason Dota has similar play rates between each hero is that they items make them all blur together. Heroes are tacked on to the real meta of item picking.

Back to fucking cuckchan with you, you cancerous faggoy, this aint Europe you either integrate or leave.

Sam has shit taste in everything and uses Reddit.
People here like him because he hates kikes

kekels.

Critshaker now is better.
You can get a Bloodthorn, and you get a 100% crit chance on your totem.

I will put it this way:
Fear was playing DotA for so long, he has multiple loading screens of TFT DotA with his name on it out of won tournaments. And he is 28/29 years if I recall correctly.

Why were my posts deleted?

While that is a valid perspective in a lot of things, half of the itemization of heroes on the game is depending on the matchup, playstyle and timeframe.

And yes, I agree that the later the stages of the game, itemization makes heroes blur together more and more, however that doesn't take away the main strenghts of each hero. For example, blink dagger will never be as good as any natural hero blink, either for the cooldowns or their secondary effects. However, when and why getting the items vary a lot. There is an entire meta of playing on itemization, and forcing your opponent to waste effort and gold into stopping you. That's why drafting is important, trying to remove your opponents with the least amount of investment into gold is the entire point of it.

Most importantly, the same item build can change the flow of the game, just with different timings of the same items. Queen of pain 9/10 will go Scepter and Orchid, but which is going to be the first item changes the playstyle of the hero, and how to stop it. Predicting successfully what item QoP will go can win you a large portion of all coming teamfights. Sven on a team that has two of Omni, Dazzle, Abaddon or Oracle can delay his bkb and get an early Blink + SnY/Cuirass/MoM to shred opponents apart taking advantage of his team strengths.

Itemization is as much as as a metagame as any other meta, and playing the meta makes you predictable. Playing the strongest heroes forces you into playing it at maximum efficiency, and against a team willing to sacrifice efficiency, taking risks and have the skill to pull it off can simply outshine the metagame by predicting better than the blind followers of meta.

I love this.

TFW NO HARAMBE HERO

Timbersaw cannot recover from behind, like Slark

They don't, most of my games last 40 minutes
Because otherwise ranged carries would be imbalanced
Because its a 3.5 second disable and nuke on a 8 second cooldown
Because you have bad positioning skills because you're used to having Flash on every hero

Because different items do different things depending on the hero. You would use blink differently on Sniper or Drow than you would on Centaur or Axe, you would use manta differently on Centaur than you would Antimage.

He needs a rework thanks to powercreep, maybe his aghs heroes should gain new durability enhancements at level 16.

You guys have any idea where people sell accounts and how much they cost?

Like what would a 1.9k mmr acc cost? I need a bunch of cheap accounts, it doesn't matter if they are 1 or 2k, I am good at dota I can level them up easily. I just need a bunch of alt accs that I can switch to in case my main ends up in low prio.

I do have like 5 accs which are able to play in ranked, but all of them are in low prio.

league is better

If I take the beer, would he die?

Accounts ranked-ready are at least 20 bucks each. The whole account leveling takes a while right now so they are mostly charging you to do the grinding.

There is another way, boosting services also offer you playing through the low priority games, so you can try those if you want to, they will probably be cheaper than buying accounts constantly.>>10756722

do low prio games reset after a while? I remember taking a brake once with still 3 low prio games left and the next time I checked that acc it had no low prio games left.

Long time ago they did, right now it doesn't.

Unless volvo fucks something, or changes the low prio system (Looks like they are happy with the current way so don't get your hopes up) they don't reset. Last time there were some widespread server issues and people were getting legit abandons so they restarted everyone. But right now they can track who got into low prio and why and they can fix that automatically to the few that were wrongfully put there.

Also, if you get too many times in low prio with regularity, you have some sort of "player score" That drops whenever you get reported or abandon, and when you get low enough you end up with longer queues and play only with shitheads that abandon and get reports all the time.

My score is at 7600 something which is above average but for some reason I still got 5 low prio games at once. Okay to be honest, I feed couriers a lot.