Just set this up. Besides the usual titles, what are some must haves for the PS2?

just set this up. Besides the usual titles, what are some must haves for the PS2?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Ace_Combat_5:_The_Unsung_War
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page
forums.pcsx2.net/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

An actual PS2.

God Hand

it's ideal but also expensive

Tekken Tag Tournament and Soul Calibur III.

Wild ARMs 3
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Are ps2 games free?

I'm just ready to get a PS3.

Do I need to play the other Wild ARMS to play 3?

What are "the usual titles"?

The most well-known popular stuff
Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Solid
Ratchet & Clank

Purist autists are the worst.

think I can map a controller to a 360 controller well?

I mean the number of buttons is equivalent, but think it's gud enough to not spend more?

MUH GRAFFIX
Enjoy effects not working right or the game being absolutely unplayable

Tip top kek

it's honestly easier to just plug a ps3 controller into the pc and get Better DS3

Just get the pokopom plugin and the xbox 360 controller will work without having remap any controls.

I don't play every ps2 game on a emulator you fucking moron because not every ps2 will work well on it. If it doesn't run well I'll just boot of my ps2 but for the games that run perfectly fine there is no reason at all not to run them in an emulator.

Odin Sphere
Grim Grimoire
Kingdom Hearts 1, COH, and 2

Except the big reason being it will always work better on the PS2…

latest stable version is 1.4.0

I think I got a friend who has an extra controller I could buy off him… but aren't there driver issues and stuff?

Nope. If its a xbox 360 controller then just download the plugin and play.

Oh nevermind I thought you were replying to my post about the 360 controller. If you want to use a ps3 controller just download the SCP Driver package and it should work fine if its wired. I've had mixed results through bluetooth though.

Is Mercenaries 1 stable yet?

How is lacking widescreen, higher resolutions, control options, mods and 60fps better?

No, ask again in 10 years.

Pretty subjective what's well-known and popular

God Hand was already mentioned
Dark Cloud
Black
Shadow Tower Abyss
Shadow of Destiny
Siren
Rule of Rose
GrimGrimoire
Ace Combat trilogy
Yakuza
Zone of the Enders
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom

You can't get at least 60fps on PCSX2? Get a better CPU

lol

After all the years this line has been spouted you'd think people would have the sense to stop at this point.

I have never had an issue with framerate in PCSX2, the problem is entirely on your end

You'd think after all the years people have been shitposting about the emulator they would actually be curious to try it sometime, or I guess some people really are too retarded to try different configurations

Agreed. Why would you even get a better CPU when you can download more ram

Thanks mang. I really wanted to play some Kessen and Ace Combat, and my PS2 is across the country.

Though I haven't touched Dark Cloud 2 in a while… And I've never played GrimGrimoire, ZoE, or God Hand.

See you again in a couple of years when I have a fully upgraded system that still can't emulate PS2 games at full speed because PCSX2 is shit and will always be shit.

fify, lot of extra words accidentally got added to your post, weird

Looks like I win.

PCSX2 is a mess that relies on speed hacks to get the game working. It's nigh unfixable and needs to be redone from the ground up so it can be more accurate.

ITT: Console kiddies can't even name good games, intensified butthurt and shitposting.

fify again, hell of a typo

Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain

There isn't even cycle-exact NES emulation in reach yet.

That may be true but the code for pcsx2 is extremely messy and convulted, but to be more on topic i recommend DIsgaea 1 and 2 and Phantom Brave.

Nes games emulate so damn well allready that there's little reason for devs to keep working on them.

I've been able to play nes games on a computer since the late 90s. And you know what? That's breety great.

You are required to own a PS2, or you are not allowed to use PCSX2.

As far as I know, you don't need to own a PS2. Just download some BIOS files from some site and you can run games on PCSX2. Besides, who is going to prevent someone from using the PCSX2 illegitimately? The emulator police?

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
The game run perfectly on PCSX2 using the settings listed here wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Ace_Combat_5:_The_Unsung_War
Using a NTSC iso the game runs smoothly and never dropped below 60fps for me. Only I have had was the missing ground textures and the work around fixed it for me.

Not really. They are not connected, but share some common things like FF.

No you can just download a BIOS rom and it will work just fine. Tell you that you need to get a BIOS from your own PS2 is just a legal formality to absolve them of liability.

Pic related is a list made here, but I'll also give you list from my personal experience.

Rogue Galaxy (Undub available)
Xenosaga series (Undubs available and recommended)
Ring of Red
Sengoku Basara 1 and 2 (Or Devil Kangs if you can put up with name changes and removed characters, but on the bright side Kasug- I mean Venus is unlocked from the start on that version)
Way of the Samurai 2 (1 is meh)
Tenchu 3 and 4
Shinobido
Crimson Tears
Shadow Hearts series (Undub for 2 and 3 available)
Trapt (undub version is on isozone, but isn't listed as an undub)
ROTKX
Bloody Roar 3 and 4 (4 changes the system and has some meh voice acting)
.Hack series (Undubs available)
Ape Escape 3
SMT Nocturne
SMT Digital Devil saga
SMT Devil Summoner Raidou
Steambot Chronicles
SoulCalibur 1 and 2
Tekken 5
Rumble Roses
Spy Fiction

get the fuck out

SoulCalibur 2 and 3*

Can I emulate Klonoa 2 yet?

God hand, thats about it

PS2 was a shit ass weeb casual shit station

Nice, thanks!

Mine wont seem to load up the new browser when I load an image in the HDD and plug it in to the ps2. Although now that I inspect it it looks like there is some sort of error after it flashes the image.

Steambot Chronicles, but good luck trying to emulate that game.

The PS2 version is the only version as far as everybody is concerned. Every other version has less content and downgraded graphics. Even the PC version.

they have it working a lot better these days

If you end up with trouble getting the emulation to run well make sure to check wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page for the settings and for patches to get around some issues. Also it is expected that not all games will run well and it may take some tweaking until you find the settings that work best for your setup. If you are really determined to play a game check the forums forums.pcsx2.net/index.php for possible work arounds.

Look like it might work in 1.4.0. downloading a NTSC copy now and will try to emulate it with USA v02.30 BIOS. Ill let you know in an hour how it went.

Ya, I'm getting 40-60fps through the first 30min or so. No special settings.

Armored Core: Last Raven deserves a playthrough.

I hate how every driving game moved away from arcade racing to 'hyper-realistic driving' shit wasn't fun and made me give them up

HAVEN: CALL OF THE KING!

I'll make it 15.

Man, Fox sure has a tiny cock.

Racing vidya will make a comeback user, have faith.

On that topic: Is there any alternative to this piece of shit besides emulation?

Like a PS2 svideo cable?

RGB Scart

That's what happens when people buy EA racing games and not SEGA's. Welcome to hell.

Let me know when we get something other than fucking IDASv4 on a home console. Oh, or even in this country.

I'm still waiting for lightguns to make a comeback.

Your mom has a tiny cock.

Component video cables.

Fuck off gook.

Speaking of PS2 games, can you guys help me remember one?

It's a game like GTA but the gunplay is more Max Payne, bullet time included, I think you are an undercover cop, it's open world, the melee combat is actually good, there are stealth sections and if you get discovered in them you get an alternate scene.
It is a fun game.

Total Overdose?

No sorry that's not it, but it looks like good mindless fun.

Here's what else I remember, while not doing any missions, you can do pat downs on random people and even get called to deal with illegal activities, the only one i remember is pursuing people in a car or on foot

Was it the getaway?

Dead to rights?

Ah True Crime Streets of LA

THAT'S IT! Thank you so much user!

You can emulate Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil. Just appears there are a lot of bugs and works around that have to be set up or at least made sure they are enabled.

Depends, are you talking about using RCA connectors or are you talking about composite video? One of those is a connector and the other is a vague terms that kind of describes a loose set of analog signals used to carry both the image and frame information on a single line.

.hack IMOQ
Infection was shipped with debugging symbols so you can hack it's slus file all you want.

Persona 3 and 4

If you're like me and you like the Budokai-style DBZ games, you may never have heard about Infinite World, which is Budokai with the least amount of bullshit in the series.

Wild Arms is mostly stand-alone as far as the stories for the games go (the devs haven't been clear on if it's the same Filgaia at different times in history, or separate incarnations), while still sharing general themes/elements. That said, WA3 has enough call backs to WA1 in terms of locations and certain other elements that there's some plausibility to think of it as a sequel of sorts to the first game. One of the antagonists also draws contrasting parallels to the MC of WA2, having similar attire, combat style (right down to the same type of weapon: a giant rifle with an oversized bayonet on it), and what happens with him partway through, but rather opposite personality.

I'd recommend playing WA1, 2, and 3 in order so you get the most out of them and don't have potential issues going backwards in the series, but from a story/character standpoint, you can indeed start anywhere.

If you want more info on the series, check the images here .

True Crime?