Life Without Online

PsPlus is too expensive for me now. What are the good ps4 games that can be bought in physical form and played offline?

Bloodborne
Gravity Rush

What else? That's it isnt it. I guess Yakuza when it comes out and Nioh.

Warriors Orochi 3.

Don't expect a quality thread.

That's true. But it does have the best game I've played in the last 5 years.

I don't think there are any good games on there.

There is none

Get a PS3!

While you are at it, bump the thread, goyim :^)

Nice, bro. Niiiiiiiiice.

PS3 CELL processor is twice as powerful as the PS4 AMD processor.

PS3 online is free, PS4 online is not.

Well, the PS4 uses a fucking AMD Jaguar so thats not saying much. My Smartphones processor is probably more powerful

mfw when never bought any game console except Gameboy and PS2 SuperSlim.

now thats just sad m8, unless you're underge

Why couldn't they keep the Cell architecture for the PS4? Devs were already used to it.

Intel Atoms are more powerful than the Jaguar. Really, I'm shocked any game runs on it as well as it does.

Cost to performance and homogenization of the market. It makes it easy to port between consoles and Windows, it's probably far cheaper to manufacture and the development kit is probably closer to something a normal developer using OpenGL would be used to.

These are all assumptions without proof, mind you.

Why didn't Sony just use a custom Intel Atom core instead? Atoms are significantly more powerful than anything in AMDs E series. Hell, Intels Latest Xeons are even using Atom cores now

Because?

I feel genuinely bad for sad plebs who never got to experience many consoles, because they missed out on a whole chunk of gaming
emulators are great. But its not the same as playing on the original hardware at the time the hardware was still new. Obviously modern muh original hardware faggots are cancer though

Sony could actually build a decent Intel/nVidia somewhere between mid-range and high-end gaming PC, cut out the Windows performance hog, subsidize it a bit at the start and then turn it into a profit due to sheer volume (millions of units).
Instead the get these low-end boxes with 30 fps gayms.

After being done with the GB I got the full 90s PC gaming experience.
What better could you get?

The problem with telling people how wrong they are is that they don't even know and never will
I pity people like you user

Because Intel charges an arm and a leg for even the shittiest CPU they make. AMD probably offered a lower price with the ability to have better graphics than Intel's integrated graphics at the same TDP.

Then it would be $600+ for Sony to make acceptable money on it, because nVidia and Intel don't come cheap. Usually, they also don't come in custom form factors, either. I would have liked to see something like the Jetson dev board but with an Intel CPU available though. That would make for a great SBC and a decent base for a console, I feel like.

Don't start with N64 and Saturn faggery. These tanked so hard in Europe, that they stopped selling games for it a year after launch.

PS2 launched with $600 too, if I remember correctly.

GTA V actually drops to 20fps sometimes on the PS4, fucking disgraceful. And the settings I think are mid-tier at best, low grass quality.etc

Bullshit, Atoms are cheap as fuck now. And Intel HD GPUs are about on-par with E-series GPUs, they could've done a custom chip with a higher core count that would've destroyed AMDs shit

Most Atom Cherry-trail chips cost 30 bucks at best

Oh I get it, you're a Europoor and/or Australia faggot, carry on with your faggotry then

consolefags really are the biggest cucks on the planet

Cherry Trail came out long after the consoles were made though. And I thought Cherry Trail wasn't terribly powerful? Though, probably kicks the shit out of any E-series APU.

PS3 did. PS2 was never that expensive.

Maybe in America.

I had my brother's Sega, SNES and a PSX but the WHITE TRASH FAMILY train came and sold them to a pawn shop.

That's where $ is usually assumed to denote. Where the PS3 actually cost 600USD. I bet it cost more in other countries too, the point is even when it's in the cheapest country, it'll still he expensive as shit.

Does it work better on PS3?

So why was PS2 so cheap then?

What? That was the last good one. Nothing of value came after on console.

Kill me, Pete

Because it's relatively underpowered, much like the PS4 which launched for (about) the same price (300USD vs 400USD). I believe, though not 100% certain, that the PS2 is actually the next step from a PSX CPU; that is, it's a MIPS processor which were fairly well documented all things considered and cheap to make. The Emotion Engine and other chips to make up for a cheap CPU and only 32MB of RAM among other things means the price can be kept low if the other chips are equally as cheap to make. Compare that to the CPUs in the PS3, which can cluster together and make a pretty okay server rig under *nix systems, and needing crazy fast memory for the GPU which drives the price sky high.

Online is shit anyway. You lose nothing. Online is the cancer that killed video games.

Ratchet & Clank is good, even though it's not as good as the original. Better mechanics (the controls and XP system from the sequels), but they removed a bunch of good levels, and the new levels that are there aren't as good.

Tearaway: Unfolded is one of the best games I've played in years. Finally lets me pretend I'm playing video games in 1998 again, and that's all I ever wanted.

InFamous: Second Son isn't as good as InFamous 2, largely due to being much shorter, but it's still good. Better than the first game, at least. And the standalone DLC, First Light, is surprisingly long. I think it was released on disc in Europe.

Anything else that's okay is multiplat anyway. But Tearaway is fucking great. They advertised it as a port of the Vita game, but it's not. It's way longer and has almost entirely new content. It's a sequel, and a very good one.

You could just get a mid-range PC, a GoG account, and some games that a toaster can handle.

No, it doesn't, in fact it does considerably worse, whereas on the PS4 I get major frame drops in areas with a lot of lighting and reflections. On the PS3 you get major frame drops just from being in the city

Not to mention the fact the PS3 version runs at graphical settings lower than the lowest possible settings on PC (although you could probably still tweak Settings.xml to match the PS3) its also pretty bad because this was before Rockstar introduced a new foliage system that actually adds grass to the game

PC version or go home

The Bay Trails chips were around, which are considerably better than the E-series (I have a Bay Trails tablet and an E-series laptop, its incredible how much faster the Bay Trails is) the problem is AMD is so fucking bad at thermal design that most E-series chips are locked to 1GHz at most while Bay Trail Atoms can get boost speeds close to 3 GHz without any fan cooling

If he was gonna be playing on his toaster he might as well just emulate old consoles. Obviously that isn't his issue.

Kill me, Pete.