Fighting Game General: Yo! Nippon Ichi!

Mai Natusme trailer released at TGS: youtube.com/watch?v=AqYOmp4SVIE
The game will be released on October 6th in Japan, Winter 2016/2017 in USA.

Mai Shiranui was released. She costs $7.99($15.99 with more costumes) on the PSstore, Microsoft Store and Steam
DOA5LR KOF Mashup Costume Set is $13.99 with individual costumes for $2.99 each.

Capcom at TGS:

SNK at TGS:

Background for the New Characters were released: avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/9/8/tekken-7-famitsu-site-opens-story-background-for-new-charact.html
Bandai Namco at TGS:

Netcode patch and Kombat Pack 2 were tested on the Steam version. Expected to be released on October, 4.
store.steampowered.com/app/524620/

Definitive Edition to be released on September 20th.

EVO Japan Panel at TGS 2016 will happen September 16 12:15AM(JST)

SNK Producer Yasuyuki Oda is aware of what the western fans wants as what SNK's next title should be: twitter.com/snk_oda/status/774496892457668609

Last Blade was released on Steam by DotEmu: store.steampowered.com/app/465840/

Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena has been released on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/446040/

Combat Core was released. No more on Early Access: store.steampowered.com/app/405670/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0

>Previous thread: archive.is/CbUBa

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mZ4aK
twitter.com/miomilky/status/776440947995348992
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv273968856
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10217.html
amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZQW91DE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1MGEE8OPQZJ4D&coliid=I2LZYU265BN8IN
8ch.net/dnsbls_bypass.php
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/16/japan-cup-2016-livestream-ft-daigo-justin-wong-go1-haitani-mago-eita-gamerbee-kazunoko-xian-julio-mov-yukadon-nemo-john-takeuchi-and-more/
twitter.com/Toridoufu/status/777344826597531648
smash.gg/tournament/thunderstruck-iv/brackets/13315/70249/224426
gfycat.com/FlawlessVainAmethystinepython
youtu.be/zJb8J_kGApg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Use the templates to post your mains

Mai hunches since XIII because of her fox motif. Her win pose shows that her back is perfect Just like the rest of her
It's only saggier because she stuffs her fans there to make her bust look bigger.

Angel was so heavily modified that she makes a korean idol look natural.

It's really weird that Yuri and Athena have the same age but Athena looks way more mature even considering her schoolgirl/idol attire while Yuri wears a supposedly serious karate gi.

Really? Huh. I'm interested to see what the final product is.

As an update if anyone cares, Last Fight is getting console ports and FFA battles (fucking finally).

On the Early Access front, Pocket Rumble is almost done with their 4th character, June, and they have incredibly alpha builds for the next two characters, Subject 11 and Quince. Subject 11 is a grappler but his normals are crazy fast and have huge hitboxes, and Quince is a boxer with who looks like he's getting some tricky footwork for his specials.

I haven't kept up with Trajes Fatais, the one button fighter, so I don't know what that's up to now.

It's also Athena's demeanor and the fact that she has boobs versus Yuri's playful mentality and ironing board. Athena totally accepts that she has an important power and is trying to use it to help people.

Listen, I know she's a bully, but she dindu nuffin.

That picture isn't doing her justice since she's far from flat in game.

She's pretty flat though.

She's likely a B at best.

This is why fighting games are dying.

I should've said most art doesn't do her justice since she's stacked in game and she's supposedly slightly bigger than Athena.

Fuck that guy, lag is infuriating to deal with.

No joke. It's like if you were playing and someone pressed random buttons on your controller to fuck you up. It's what killed SFV and it's starting to happen in KI too, god knows why.

Just say "Try that at the arcade, not online and see what happens"

IF NOBODY ELSE IS GONNA DO IT THEN I'LL FUCKING DO IT

HERE'S A DAMN DISCORD:
discord.gg/mZ4aK

Use it if you want

p.s. still looking for discord fightan buddies if anyone is interested at all please respond

My theory is that unlike Mai, Yuri binds/tapes her breasts (at least in some costumes) for more maneuverability because she's not a ninja and doesn't know how to work around her mammories like Mai does

but In all honesty, that's why I NEVER play online. I play in person, scour the world for an arcade, take a small tube tv and a console and meet up, whatever. I'd prefer any of that over online play.

Fuck that's good user.

Guess it's time to sell the fightstick.

Every time I hear about universities I see this shit. It makes me glad I didn't go, even if it means I'll make ~300k less in my lifetime or whatever the stupid statistic is

Stop whining about SJWism and start pioneering a scene, wherever you are. Trust in your force, get fucking swole in every aspect of your life and DO SURVIVE. Can't powerlift Sony Wegas if you don't.

DO SURVIVE, FAGET

I was lucky enough to graduate just before this whole thing started. Now all you see at the bus stops are muslim chicks, hair dyed whales, or cuck beta lookin motherfuckers.

(checked)
I've been trying to figure out a way. The gym I work at has a spare room, and everyone else that works there plays vidya too. If I can convince my boss, I might be on to something.

There's a local meetup here actually but it's just UMVC3, SFV, and PM and I think that's starting to dwindle. Last time I joined them some fuck just mindlessly mashed auto-combo in UNIEL, lost for nearly an hour straight, and said there isn't much to the game.

The only one I know is UFO and it wouldn't do me any good since I can't play stick.

Go for it man.

Buddies I made years ago get together and we play locally. It's the only way I can play XIV.

My town is riddled with cucks m8. Not much friend material here.

You know what you have to do. Become the totalitarian dictator of the town and host a fighting tournament to see who the king of them is. The winner can be your friend or mortal enemy. Up to you.

Trajes Fatais kickstarter campaign failed but that only means they'll keep doing the game as a hobby without a release date. Maybe they'll try again.
But it's nice to know about Pocket Fighter. I'll keep an eye on that.

She still fucked up Foxy at the end of the NESTS saga even if her partner was erased from history.

I wish we had more arcades to play so online bullshit is not an issue. The only game I remember having a perfect online is Skullgirls but I'm really shit at it.

Yeah, she's now far from being flat while Athena is back to have a more slender build.
But Yuri also has Robert while Athena keeps rejecting Kensou C'mon boy, go and become a sky pirate with Love Heart and she's still a spoiled brat. It makes me wonder what Robert saw on her.

Yeah, while my friends don't really like Street Fighter and KOF, some like animefighters and other group really likes 3D fighters even if they're all pretty casual (like me in those games). So at least once a month I try to gather them to play some Virtua Fighter, DOA5LR, Xrd, P4U and Blazblue. I hope Mai gives the motivation so we can keep going. I hope they give KOFXIV a chance.

I'm too busy starting up a weeb gym

I wish I had good hand dexterity and/or memorization skills but I have neither and thus am kinda shit at fighting games

Are there any non-combo-based fighting games that have been released in the past decade and aren't Capcom?

That really reminds me of old arcade tales.

I was disappoint there was no Heart vs Kensou intro

That's how your influence starts.

lolno. But if you mean you're like me and have okay fundamentals, I'll suggest KoF 14, since that was also explicitly SNK's goal. You can still destroy people with bigger combos, but you can also play a footsie game and only have a few moves combo in for healthy damage and be decent.

I didn't realize that TF had a kickstarter. Oh well.

Not sure if that's actually canon, since she asks Kula if someone took out Foxy in XIV. Don't know if that's just her taunting Kula or not, though.

Probably has a thing for childish/youthful girls.

Too right. Even planning on a second floor or something for vidya shit.

This could be a good beginning. This could also end horribly. Good luck, man.

I know. It's a complete gamble. That's why I got a backup plan.

I played KoF XIV yesterday online and learned that I have terrible fundamentals.

Also I got juggle combo'd by a Clark main.

in XIII Athena was my go-to character to frustrate the HELL out of people who didn't understand zoning basics because EX Psycho Ball was a monster and I could just pop it at any time without warning and it didn't even look all that different (initially) to a normal psycho ball.

Now I have to go max mode for it and after I do it the once I can never do it again with the same effectiveness, makes me sad.

Also I seem to remember King being able to use Venom Strike in the air before…

Guess it's time to keep at it until you git gud.
Rough. I haven't played XIV online at all, so I haven't seen half the stuff you guys would.

I keep desperately trying to roll away on wake-up because in my mind escape roll means "free get out of jail free card"

Don't roll on wake up, you'll get thrown if he knows what you're doing. Try jumping instead, you should be able to avoid a lot of the lows and throws.

There are non-combo based characters in fighting games like Guile and Chang. '98 Chang and Ralf you can just keep poking the opponent with buttons and activate the MAX mode so you can deal even more damage while poking or doing a super. I think XIV is more combo oriented but Athena, Chang and others are still not so combo-oriented. You just activate the MAX mode so you can apply more pressure instead of doing a long combo and rely on your supers for great damage. I just wish Chang, Ralf and others did more damage with normals. Some KOFXIV characters are really simple on the inputs.

Virtua Fighter is another one that have simpler motions and is more oriented in your movement thant on combos. But the most recent one was released 10 years ago. VF5FS will come to the PS4 playable in Yakuza6 I keep forgetting to add that to the OP and you can grab for the PS3 and 360.

If you have terrible fundamentals, just hit the training mode and focus on them when you play with others.

King doesn't need air Venom Strike because they changed the jumps. XIII's fireballs were shit that you could hop at ease. In XIV zoning is a valid strategy as how fireballs and jumping works now. Athena in XIII was just average while in XIV she's a monster almost at 2002 level. Her command grab has invulnerability as her EX Teleport.

Rolls have recovery and can be grabbed.

I wish they had at least a special ending.

She was clearly taunting her just like when she bullies Kensou.

No wonder Takuma is so super protective of her. Ryo should have better friends than ones that tries to get into his sister's pants just because she's childish. Is King even aware of that?

I need to stop fucking up my posts.

Welcome to my world. I feel like I can't do shit at this game; can't approach at all and I feel like every whiff of mine gets punished from anywhere.

Incidentally, I'll parrot my question from the last thread - any Luong players that can give me some pointers?
I've already learned that she has to use a attack to avoid fireballs by jumping over them as the neutral jump can't go over them and seems like canceling C+D with QCF+K is a good fake out with some extra range. Also need to always cancel the sweep.
On a general note, I keep neglecting the ground tech.

I wish that were the only problem, I keep getting hit with non-grabs when trying to roll on wakeup.

ww

The wait for PC is a painful one.

I meant taunting as in "We both know I did this, I'll just drag it out" rather than actually not knowing but still using it to push her buttons. I know she's a bully, she bullies Sylvie.

Then be attentive and guard as best as you can.

I think that you have fundamentals. SF fundamentals, not KOF fundamentals. people that tries to play this like SF always get punished super hard by players that understand the the mobility of this franchise. you will not get away with only footsies> fire ball>anti air

Plus some of the shit that you can get away with in SF like grabbing or mashing crouching low on wake up or yolo supers simply don't fly on KoF.

but I've never legit played a street fighter game

My first real fighting game was Guilty Gear XX and I was shit at that too

Fuck the SF fundamentals go play pic related instead

with WHO!?

BRs on fightcade

I'd rather cut my dick off tbh

Blank state is even better because you don't have practices that might be bad for KOF.
Watch DandyJ's video that is in the OP and start from there.

Also try Virtua Fighter someday. Or even DOA5LR that have a fully playable f2p version with the ninjas

Well I'm just saying that she backstabbed Foxy but didn't killed her in the new canon. I mean, she's not inherently a bad person but she's not someone Kula should look up as a role model as Whip, Maxima and Diana fuck K' he's an emo for no reason at all. And Kula is already fucked up enough being an artificial human and all.

I was pretty good at DoA5U when it was popular

Athena is not the only one with a invul command grab.
But twitter is a really shit place to find and manage tech.Specially when I don't have one and just type on the browser people that I remember the name like Gatoray and frionel

I just search and look at my mains and characters that I'm interested like Geese, Mian, Kensou and Athena but I'll try to post here Luong tech even if I don't understand what's happening.

Well, I might try that later but my PC is pretty shit and I still don't have a PS4.

Unless you have to talk to them, this is the perfect response to you commentary.

now that you mentioned it. yesterday, I ran into a quite high number of players that were going for super thinking they were safe to punish me but ended up eating the Light Punch,
well, then you need to work on your defense. GG is too "rage boner" and teach players alot of bad habits. watch the KOF guide on yt and it'll be a start

Nice, I'll see you with Mai when I get a PS4.
Also, don't throw fireballs at fullscreen distance, please.

Been trying to find some stuff on YT but bar one old compilation video, it's all combo videos.
But now that you mention her, found anything interesting on Mian? I'm still undecided on my number 3 and Mian is one that I was considering.

I dropped the habit on day 1. No random supers for me. Rather save it for raw Max or guard C+Ds.

Athena is such a bully.
Wouldn't be surprised if she's top tier this time around (though I'd say K' is THE top tier).

twitter.com/miomilky/status/776440947995348992

I'm starting appreciate a bit more sag in big breasts now, as long as the breast are still round and full

might be because of my growing dislike for Silicon/breast implants/fake tits

show me some Athena teleport combos

Man even when I was a horny little kid that just wanted to see boobs I thought fake tits were disgusting. By now I don't even have a preference between big or small, as long as they aren't fake they're good.

Part of the reason I have no preference is because as I grew older the more I realized that a girl having nice hips, ass, and legs is what's actually important

It's coming, guys. Are you ready?

what is it called when the breasts are so large and long that they actually bend at a noticeable angle?

The lack of arcades isn't a problem for me.

But a lack of arcades with good games and not a single Fast & Furious or deer hunting game is.

tits aren't big enough imo

call me when there is some Mai x Marie or Mai x Nyotengu stuff and I'll care.

It cant cum fast enough if you ask me.

frametraps > combos

prove me wrong

Agree.

Don't worry. I will.

Yes, you can! Just do it!

Crossposting this question, pls respond

Where did the heart tattoo/corruption/peggo even come from? I never understood the origin

I never liked fake tits but I could tolerate it, now I generally try to actively avoid it

I'm ready

Do you mean breasts bending over the side?

HDMI out only, you need to get a converter if you want to play it on a standard TV. Or do remote play with a vita.
Most likely, phat PS3's dropped in price when the slim and super slim models released.
For fighting; Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel and pretty soon Touhou Shinpiroku - Urban Legend in Limbo. (if you're willing to import)
No

What other friends does Ryo have that he can practice kyokugenryu with? besides Butt/Marco

SNK's TGS panel is going on; moon only

Vanguard Princess
Koihime Enbu
Samurai Shodown V
Bushido Blade
Blade Arcus (depends on who you play)

All those aren't combo heavy with an exception on the last one depending on who you play.

Will this actually have playable local MP and not be 3 versions behind the arcade now?

It shouldn't be behind the arcade because it's a standalone game

Best Samshos:
4 or 5. Some bits of 2
Arranged 3
2 or 5 save for some of the faggy op mary sues in 5
Charlotte

This is a man.

you caught my curiosity.
how? and where stated?

Good taste

In the Blazblue novels. He was originally a man, but got turned into a girl by a grimoire. He later embraces his femininity and comes to think of himself as a girl.

Curse from a magical book. Still better than Tsubaki's grimoire

still long way to go, but i've decided to give my all to this, even if i had to teach bunch of seventh graders to play

I saw some things but she's alien to me. Look up for MadKof since he plays everyone and for now, have Reynald playing her.

Do it user, don't let the genre die.

The teleport is more for setups than combos like in XIII since you can no longer cancel specials freely.

Now I want a Ryo/Mary/Maxima Motorcycle club special ending.

I really miss Adelheid.

That animation is horrifying.

Is Rugal ever coming back to get back at us jerks?

If KoF XIV's ending and Verse's secret win quotes are anything to go by; yes

It begins.

I heard something about DLC

Looks like balance patch incoming. Professor will probably give a report tomorrow/in a few hours.

By the way, DOA stream alredy started with some woman using the DS4 to shake Mai's breasts: live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv273968856

All I want them to do is make the bird act like every other projectile in the game and I'll be happy.

Bird is fine. It was like that in Samurai Shodown games and has recovery. Her invulnerable cling is the problem.

Shinkiro, please return to SNK!

I actually liked MK4

Also why fgg isn't written anywhere in the OP?

The translation of is out;

wew

also;
Damn, I was hoping they'd have their next title picked after KoF XIV went gold but an internal shill off in the company sounds hilarious.

You can read the manga in which Mai appeared first called Balzblue : Remix Heart on the internet, the second manga that leads to her appearance is called Variable Heart and is the adaptation of the novel the second user was talking about.

This sound awesome. Maybe they should make a fighting game revolving around game devs competing with other devs in making the best fighting game.

I want to have sex with Mai.

Don't stick your dick in crazy user.

kof14 Koryu edition if/when it comes to pc !

I feel bad for any waifuist that chose Mai as his waifu. She only has boobs for Andy.

What if everyone that has Mai as their waifu is Andy?

They also canonically live together now.

I want to impregnate Mai and start a family with her and our hapa children

Btw, how was SNK's TGS conference?

see

Give me one good reason why I should even try Tekken 7 at this point?

I'm scared, onni-fam.

It's not SFV. Otherwise, I've got nothing.

It's kind of sad that I have to be happy a company does this rather than perpetually churn out shit.

I fucking swear if I find out Kazumi is yet another f,N,d,d/f+2 I'll go on a genocide crusade.

amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZQW91DE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1MGEE8OPQZJ4D&coliid=I2LZYU265BN8IN

anyone know for certain if this will work with a 360 controller?

It probably won't, but why are you using wireless anyway? Just use a wired pad, you'll have less frustration that way.

I still don't understand why people suffered anal ragnarok because of her.
"b-b-but she looks silly and goofy", bitch you're playing Tekken, or did you somehow miss sentient bears, woodland tree spirit and his wife, raptors, kangaroos, baby dragons and other serious things that this series has to offer?

I honestly don't hate her as much as sparkly magician faggot and to be clear I hate her because of her boring and stupid-looking moveset with moves stolen from other characters and I still don't understand why people don't get that some of us suffered anal ragnarok because of that and not her appearance, I don't really care as much about how she looks (god fucking knows I made my TTT2 customizations look as silly as I could possibly make them). Also it's not like I didn't dislike Roger's moveset either. Bitch you're playing Tekken and this shit is turning into some 2D fighter, the only thing we need is guest characters from Street Fighter… oh wait. I pretty much transitioned into 2D fighters and the only 3D fighter I even play nowadays is Virtua Fighter because as I've seen all 3D fighters which had characters whose fighting styles had at least some semblance to a real martial art turn into this shit.

I want to make love to Angel.

they have some kind of aversion to anything that don't remember them about war misery and shit like that

Rip in pieces Maifags, I didn't know any

Idk, the 2013 update was solid, it's just a shame that the netcode is horrendous garbage. Playing online is quite literally impossible.

I want to Kim Kaphawn the shit out of Angel and make her an upstanding citizen of society.

Any torrent for Mai yet?

nests modified her too much. way beyond the point of return

Not too bad, but FUCK they need to get Nesica working there. I wanna continue my profile.

I'll convert her with the power of hand holding.

I wish my local R1 had 3rd Strike. Too bad that if they did, they'd stick them in those shitty flatscreen cabinets.

I'm not too versed in the lore.

Isn't she incredibly heavy for some reason? How do you handle her? Won't she crush you?

Mizuki

Thanks.

PC port and 4K res

I'd let her crush me, if you get what i'm saying?

There…isn't. The OST is shit, balance is retarded (lol Hwaorang and Steve are top again), and the learning curve is pretty high (not as high as VF, but it's there). The 3D fighting game community isn't very helpful either (good luck getting advice on non-Mishimas or tops, and even if you want to use Mishimas/top-tier, the community won't give you a lot of help).

I'm actually worried about the console release.

She's a wasted character slot that's been shit tier, since Vanilla. Chloe kind of replaced the Capos, who are established characters before the story went to complete dog shit. That's why people hate Chloe, Gigas, and Josie despite Josie is Tranny Bruce with tits and a horrible personality and voice.

Chloe is only good if you can use the stage gimmicks to your advantage (limited space, bounces, etc). She's really bad, but nowhere near as useless as Gigas (there are still no Tekken God Gigas players in Japan and Korea).

Magic faggot (Claudio) is actually pretty decent despite his shit design; Colombian whore (Katarina), however, is a shitty character that doesn't even help beginners get into Tekken. Kazumi is very mediocre, and Filipina tranny (Josie) is way too annoying to use out of meta (I hope you like fake crying. Why is someone from the Philippines talking like a SoCal valley girl in the first place?).

So I finally decide to try my chances at fighting games and i'm beginning with FightCade, I tried the original street fighter to see how things worked then I tried to change it for turbo but for some reason the emulator doesn't detect it. Is something that i'm doing wrong?

4th strike (4th coming/ 4th rush)
doubled cast
couple new stages
yun and chun are nerfed
literally the same game except with the above
I WOULD BUY AND SO WOULD YOU

It's happening!
What are these people saying!

Why do Japanese men keep dressing like Chun Li? Is that just humor over there?

Holy shit do I hate SFV's artwork.

They're showing the Urien trailer again. I'm assuming more shit happens after this.

Urien will be available on the 23rd.

Daily challenges so you can earn more than 1 FM every hour.

cross dressing is the building block of Nipponese culture

They're finally adding the other stage transitions.

They have fighting game player Kazunoko on stage. To do what, I'm not sure. I imagine nothing of importance.

where did the good artists go? did they go the Amano route and started drawing little girls instead?

>expect tae kwon do in spoilers
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

And now they're gonna play Street FIghter

Any xbone DOA players here? Finally got some money together and I miss playing the game online/want the last few DLC characters. I'd have no issue keeping a lobby open if anyone actually plays here. Wish Steam version had lobbies

If you knock someone into the left side of the level, they will slam into the Samurai armor collection the Kazukis have and then you'll have a hat that'll be knocked off in the second round.

On the right side, you are launched out of a firework canon.

fml

Now on the right side of the New York stage, you are thrown through the bank , smashing through the front doors. Like the China stage, this opens it up.

Turns out you're supposed to mash the hell out of the start button after you win otherwise the game fucks up. Wish I knew that beforehand.

I bought an xbone because I always played DOA on xbox and 360 but somehow in the shuffle PS4 became the only console that mattered for the franchise even for x3. Even though I was one of the dipshits that actually bought X1/2

Its stupidly frustrating on my end but I deserve it

Should have waited for X3 announcement ;_;

It's over.

Did ASW announce PC Revelator yet

they won't announce it on a japanese event I think. Most Japanese games on steam are blocked on japan to force them to buy the console version

That's really fucked up.

SFV looks like it's finally getting polished. Shame I doubt they'll ever fix shit like 8f.

I guess this is why I'll never be able to Kim Kaphawn anyone.

well, the console market is a huge thing for the country's economy. also I doubt they would lose all that many sales. japan learned to use the internet and other shit with mobile phones. they can't into pc outside microsoft office stuff and mmos (which they are trying their best to be on IOS and Android now).

So basically, the Capcom segment was another disappointing segment as usual?

8F will be fixed after the Capcom Cup, they said. THey didn't want to change it now and have it so people have to relearn their timing and all that.

Honestly, I've been pretty quick to pick up on new changes so I wouldn't really have that many problems and the steepest learning curve for new players would really be TTT2 because there's a shitton of characters, most of them being completely different from each other (still a lot of clone and similar characters though). With the issues you've pointed out the main reason why I won't bother even trying is because my main Lei is still not in the game and who fucking knows if he'll be in the console release.

It only took them eight months.

I see Shinkiro going to Capcom wasn't a wasted opportunity at all.

not gonna stop me.

I don't understand.

Maybe they meant that the game had sidesteps or some shit? And even that's wrong because VF3 came out just about half a year before Tekken 3 and it had sidesteps.

So I bought a cheap PC arcade stick and want a coo fighting vidya to test it out. So far my options are:
The last fightan I played extensively and probably my all-time favorite was VF4, with DOA2 being a close second, so you could say I like fighters with sidestepping and 3d movement.
Is DOA5 on PC that much of a shit port that it makes the base game bad?

pls no bully

I can't even tell if they got online in, so there is no downside to pirating it, so download and share your findings.

I was not really interested in online anyway, but I don't wanna support a company that shits out botched ports.
According to the reviews there is an online but it's bad and there are no lobbies, which is a fucking disgrace

Yeah nah, the FGC is one of the friendliest communities I've ever been involved with, some random scrubs on ranked don't change that.

I think Toshinden was first with sidestepping/evading in 3d.

DOA5 is my most disappointing experience getting back to fighting games, moreso then SFV or anything, I used to play DOA with my friend before he became social-justicey and then finding the pc version was shithouse just capped that tragedy. Back to the original question get KOF 2002 or 98 over XIII, XIII is gorgeous but the character roster is small for a KOF, and the gameplay is lesser then those two. I go back to it to play Shen but generally stick to '02. No sidestepping but it's also a lot cheaper then Tekken will be.

Can SFV still be saved? What would do you if you had any minimal decision power at Capcom?

Since it seems like a new Samurai Shodown is pretty much inevitable, which games should I play to get into the series?

Or should I just slowly play through em all?

First Fighting game to use sidestepping was an Arcade title named Dark Edge by Sega, it uses sprites though. I'm surprised at how unknown this game is despite it being made by one of the biggest game developers out there and it being really innovative for its time.

Anyone know of any other obscure Fighting games? They don't even have to be good, just relatively unknown. Bonus for games with interesting/retarded gimmicks.

Also the final fight in that game is basically a Shmup boss but from the perspective of 3D fighting, I found that pretty cool.

no its called bad because there's no lobbies. the netcode itself is as good as any other. DOA5 just has this ability to make people shit blood in rage. The only complaints I could really see as valid are missing stages and no online lobbies and the rest is nitpicking turned up to 11

I'll come back to SFV when:

-8 frames lag is removed
-Character balance patch

That's it. So I'll probably be playing again next year, but I don't know if they'll ever remove that 8f shit.

Plenty enough time to cut my teeth into KOF 14 tho.

If I had to do something about SFV, I'd just rebalance things and give the V-gauge better uses. Them deciding to balance only after CPT was dumb as shit. The CPT is just a shitshow of an idea really, considering it's also the reason the game released half-assed. I wouldn't mind another year of USF4, since it's still more entertaining to watch than SFV.

Maybe even if they released the game after KOF14 then they could have actually had an advantage against a competitor.

I remember watching "Hypest USF4 EVO moments" and really feeling it.

Then, watch similar videos about SFV and think "come on, is that the most exciting shit you found in the entire tournament? I'm glad I didn't watch it live"

(checked)
Didn't know that, never really like Toshinden games, still pretty interesting information.

There's a 3D fighter called Fighters' Impact where you make your own move strings, what I mean by that is that you have basic moves and you can combine them however you want, but you can't use one move twice in the same string otherwise you go into an "overheat" state where you can't attack for a second or two, if you get knocked down in the overheat state the opponent basically gets another free combo because the character does this slow as fuck get up animation where he can't do anything.

An updated version removed that mechanic and added premade strings, similar to Tekken/VF/DoA, but I think that the original arcade version didn't even have throw breaks, I could be wrong though.
Also each character can pick from 3 costumes and that costume determines what fighting style they use, but their default style is usually their best, for example multiple characters know karate, but Bernhard has some moves other characters don't because it is his main style. Boss character only know one style.

Me and my brother had some fun playing the game for about a week because we thought that the gimmick it had was interesting, but it ultimately isn't anything special.

but why does that happen though? whats the difference between USF4 and SFV?
After watching some USF4 just now I think the mundane shit that isn't even gameplay might have something to do with it, like the sound design. Hitting people sounds a lot more satisfying in USF4 and SFV somehow has worse music. Might also be the speed of which things happen. USF4's speed is because of focus attacks, but things in SFV happen at a similar pace despite there being nothing like focus attacks except for one character and it's shit in comparison.

So, two new DLC hcaracters for DOA 5 on PC? Hum…

are there arcades that exist for fighting games that let you plug in an external stick?
even in japan?

2? naotara has been in for a bit its only mai that's new

It's too little, too late. I just can't let it slide knowing how Capcom really fucked up SFV, and expects people (and the fgc) to suck its dick for a piece of incomplete shit full of sleazy disc-locked content and microtransactions.

I was actually going to buy SFV too, but doing that would mean I'm okay with sjw-pandering, hypocritical-bullshit censorship I'm also against (e.g. the bikini dlc, Cammy).

I'm a Kuma main, so I'm on the same boat with you. I'm worried about Lee, Lei, Kuma, and the others being console-only because there's a good chance most of them will suck like Tag 2's dlc characters (all of them out of Slim faggot Bob and Prototype Jack were trash). The arcade version never added the dlc characters to the roster iirc.

I'm avoiding 7 if they add that vampire slut Eliza instead of someone like Lei or Kuma. Nobody even used that bitch in Revolution because she was a gimmicky shit-tier like Chloe.

Capcom keeps them (Shinkiro, Nishimura, Ikeno, Edayan etc) in some cellar dungeon. Sometimes they're let out for half an hour to do some doodles like Bengus did for SFV.

I like how ridiculous everyone looked in those games, especially the chicks. Shame the games were crap.

2 and 5 Special tend to be the most recommended IIRC.

Before turning into a SJW/indie wankfest, Hardcoregaming101 was a really good source for this kinda shit; they got tons of articles on obscure FGs.

Is Sega finally doing something with the series?

Thanks.

Play the Special Edition of 5. Vanilla is awful.

Lee was confirmed to be added in Fated Retribution, so he's guaranteed to be in the arcade version. Honestly as I said I wouldn't even mind if they even changed Lei for a younger character who inherits his moveset, it's a real shame that such a fleshed-out and absolutely insanely large moveset just gets thrown away like that.

Can someone please tell me who the fuck decided to put a 50/50 character like this bitch into the game?

What's wrong with vanilla in comparison to SamSho V special?

Aw, yeah.

Besides the smaller roster and IIRC, it's mostly balance issues with vanilla like the archer girl being absolutely broken.

Shoryuken

CODY!

I've been recently stripped of my deific NEET status and only got Fridays and weekends for vidya now. I'm keeping at it on KoF but the incapacity to improve at the most basic level is starting to wear me down and the thought of simply quitting is starting to take hold and besides that I've no patience to play FGs solo anymore.
I'm wondering if there's anyone in similar circumstances (little time for gaming and nobody to play with locally) that found a way to stay motivated? The game is good, the netcode is solid but every damn match I just feel so outplayed, this shit is too demoralizing.

Pardon the faggy blog post.

Vanilla 5's problem was balance. I think the old guy and the dude with the 6-7 swords were pretty broken too, but Mina was in her own league. In the right hands, the worst characters in 5 Special can produce some great matches.

SamSho 6 also suffers from balance issues because Iroha is just a broken, bullshit character that killed the series.

Funny. What's Sega's opinion about this? and Harada?

tfw no tobal no 2

Find a partner local or online that will play with you consistently. Good luck.

Why doesn't Capcom allow more combos into throw?
SF4 Guy & Decapre can
SFV Zang can into super SPD

Grapplers aren't allowed to be good.

Street Fighter isn't allowed to be fun anymore

Kinu hasn't been with Capcom for quite some time, she did two Zero Escape games and Code of Princess.

Has a grappler character ever won anything consistantly in Street Fighter?

no

same situation but
ive started to go and participate at my locals now
enjoying it little by little

They're showing SFV on the TGS stream again.

They're talking about Red Bull. I don't know why.

Now they're doing this again.

In the New York stage, if you are knocked to the left, a big novelty hot dog falls on your head.

Hahaha they're showcasing vs CPU mode.

OH SHIT

The secret CPT costume is one for Necalli, not Akuma. Necalli looks like this.

At least he doesn't have his stupid physics hair

It looks like it's over. I'm not sure why I stayed up for this.

…..These are new Ryu and Chun-Li DLC costumes.

They are promoting Red Bull and I wish I was shot.

The niggers are responsible for this.

This is a joke right? These aren't actually going to happen. They can't.

Chun Li's outfit makes her look like Nabooru

well
Capcom wanted their product to be like an actual sport I guess
with branding it's now a reality
thanks video games

Reminds me of how Tekken 6 had Tap out shirts as 3P costumes for some characters, expect they gave them to characters who would actually wear them, like Armor king and Marduk.

Why does Street Fighter have to be so fucking boring? Seriously it's just the same old shit.

It's so fucking repetitive and boring. At least KI has combo breakers and GG has force break. I really just don't understand what's so fun about something that's so boring and just the same shit over and over.

my fucking sides, is just me or this game gets off the rails more and more everyday?

That's what I was thinking too

I just realized that the reason Capcom banned Training Stage was so everyone would play on their fucking tournament stage instead.

That was actually watchable.

VSAV tournament now

the tournament stage wouldn't be that bad if they removed the audience from the other stages

and got rid of the CPT shit

and gave it good music

That's a special kind of sad.

released date is V-day 2017 :P

In the thumbnail, I thought they were new background characters…
Couldn't it be rapper Birdie and nigga Laura? Ryu and Chun are probably the MOST INAPPROPRIATE choices for that streetwear.

Street fighter now as it is is like your childhood sweetheart you knew and cared for in school turning into a tattoo covered crack whore.

Don't worry, we'll have a VF6 announcement in couple of months.

Tru dat
*sigh*

Wait, will you actually have to pay for this? Are they gonna make you pay for advertisements?

Also the captcha thing is fucked up again use the direct link if you gotta put in a new captcha;
8ch.net/dnsbls_bypass.php

T-thanks, SNK.

Disappointing

I missed TGS

Did poongko win?

mp4 doesn't work.
Did SNK save fighting games at TGS?

Gamerbee won, Poongko came in second.

Who participated in TGS?

Poongko wasn't practicing SFV much, how did he come second.

October patch is scheduled to feature the following:
- Fuzzy Guarding (aka F-shiki) will be taken out
- Character Balance update
- Online game system fixes
- More Rage Quitting Penalty
- The command input in KOF14 may also be tweaked
- Other tweaks may be added
Future stuff;
- They're getting a lot of requests for DLC beyond their expectations.
- Right now they're thinking that Costumes looks possible, but they really aren't ready to make any sort of announcements or say dates.
-So as far as DLC characters go, the devlopers still need to think it out.
-No plans to move on to a new game project just yet
-Sony took a poll showing that Samurai Shodown is popular, so that helped Oda in trying to talk to his superior about possibly making the game.
-All in all the atmosphere is good, and Oda is optimistic that something can happen.

He was playing like old Poongko. He did raw DP cancelled into super like ten fucking times in neutral and never missed until grand finals.

eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/16/japan-cup-2016-livestream-ft-daigo-justin-wong-go1-haitani-mago-eita-gamerbee-kazunoko-xian-julio-mov-yukadon-nemo-john-takeuchi-and-more/

Daigo didn't even make it out of pools.

Will they remove Rush shit?

If people complain enough.

I like the Chun Li costume, but only because I have a corruption fetish. She looks like a legit prostitute.

See

neither did justin wong, apparently they both lost to players they had beat previously in the pool.

Strange. Works fine here. Try save it or watch the video here:
twitter.com/Toridoufu/status/777344826597531648

honestly give chun-lis costume to laura and take away the redbull sticker and the costume would be nice.

also how come only alpha 2 has a speed meter? SF IV would have been infinitely better if you could set the game speed yourself.

Hmm and eh.

I originally only knew about her because she had a power correlated to taste, did not know that about her.

Got to give niche games credit.

Also I will still tap that

I think they'll make it optional. Probably leave it enabled by default for newbies, but let people disable it because it's just there to fuck up your input if you're sloppy.

So it's okay that Chun-Li shows her tits as a ghetto slut, but god forbid you do anything with Mika or Laura?! Wtf?

See, shit like this is why I boycott Capcom.

k

That's what I was referring to.

I'm not a fighting games fan, I use them only for ryona/fap content but what is the point of using UE4 engine in newest Tekken if the game looks worse than DOA5?
At least T4 and T5 had ass jiggles.

They're shit but nowhere near as bad as some of the costumes I saw in SFIV.

Oh god, do you mean amount or specific ones?

Harada half-assing Vanilla's Unreal 4 Engine was another complaint a few people made (Vanilla was kind of ugly, and only the Mishimas got the most out of the engine). FR actually uses the engine, as some of the updated stages and characters look so much better (graphically, not design-wise because Hwaorang looks retarded).

It's a shame the music is still shit.

I'll bet you anything Irori's outfits were some of the demanded costumes. Iori's outfit is a staple to KoF.

amount, lots of people want more costumes and the demand for DLC characters are mixed;
Here is the article on the TGS event;

We should really spam requests for a Miss X costume

Speaking of DLC, when the fuck is Nightmare Geese gonna be available for everyone?

Then I suppose she just does freelance stuff for them now, like the nurse Morrigan figure.

I'll admit I don't make things any easier for me by being introverted and never bother sending friend requests (I accept them but always leave the invitations at the other person's discretion).

Just missing the piercings to be "chun-li_by_mizuryuu_kei.jpg"
But yeah, this shit is heinous and the worst part is I bet every character will turn into a walking ad at some point. Rashid will probably get a "Hillary 2016" costume.

Likely. I don't think I've any real wishes in that regard - I'd like '99 Maxima but with the classic move set coming along with it. I just don't find his current incarnation any fun.
Classics for Leona and V&M would be nice and maybe a casual Mian but dunno if I'd buy any; only play Luong atm.

Does anyone still play Persona Arena 1 or 2? If so what is the best system to get it on?

Thunderstruck 4 Day 2 Top8 Kof14:
smash.gg/tournament/thunderstruck-iv/brackets/13315/70249/224426

Capcom are you trying to make me not want to buy your games at this point? Cause if you are it's working.

Normally I'd be worried about this since SF seems to influence how other fighting games would make their games depending on what SF did, but seeing the negativity from what Capcom's been doing with V and how other companies are not following suit, I have hope that it won't be the case this time.

(☑)
My thoughts exactly. At least we can expect a mod with her, hell, maybe even a mod with Pullum too.

What cases do you guys use to built your sticks?
I want to build a SLAC (hitboxes are expensive), but don't have the means to cut my own pieces and would prefer something I can just drill holes in and go (not including pizza boxes or tupperware).

Stopped playing SF8f like a month ago because I felt that if my anti air got stuffed or if I got raged on one more time I would burst an aneurysm, so I focused on emulated ninja games instead.

I was most hyped for Guile (lmao) and Urien and now I don't know if I should get back in this shitty game or play Ninja Gaiden 3 instead It's kind of shitty though, floaty as fuck

I prefer the costume DLC model they had in IV. At least then all characters get costume. Right now, Chun Li has like six or so and Birdie has 3. This is going to end up like Netherealm games where Scorpion and Batman have 10 costumes and characters who aren't advertisement material get 2.

Yatta!

gfycat.com/FlawlessVainAmethystinepython

Well, can't say I'm surprised…

"We can't include them in a game because copyright…but we can act like they're canon."

First Flavadouken and Chunigger and now this? Eat a dick, Capcom.

torps?

Capcom stopped caring about canon after the Alpha games. How many different ways is Charlie supposed to have died now?

5 years later and this still hurts

How is the person allowed to draw this? Isn't this going against some rule drawing another IPs character and hosting it on a different companies website?

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but maybe Capcom is negotiating to get EX characters in SFV? Skullomania when?

I just think it's ridiculous they keep adding random ass characters to the SF world like the Cannon Spike OCs or Ruby Heart; at this rate, they're gonna make Grigori from Dragon's Dogma into a SF character.
And ultimately, I question the value of this - it just gives people blueballs by showing off characters that will never be playable and the art sucks ass (and the resolution sucks so even if you like it, as a collector, it's got zero value).

Probably a minute agreement with Arika. The copyright notice is there.

Side note and I concede this is the salt talking, IMHO the lobbies in KoF could use some adjustments.
1 - option to change the freakin' music; vocal or instrumental that song gets rather grating after a while
2 - when exiting or failing to enter a lobby, I think it would be better to go back or stay in the open lobbies menu to refresh instead of getting sent two or three menus back
3 - save the fuckin' region search setting, for fuck's sake!

All this nerd rage because I've hit new lows today - lost to a player whose battle plan was simply walking back and wait for me to screw up and a cheeky Athena shamelessly spamming Phoenix Arrow (I did wise up to that but it took a while).
Also realized I have no team; so many characters I said I wanted to try but I have no team. I'm not going anywhere with Antonov or Mian and I don't think I'll figure Hein or Mature anytime soon; gonna try Vice and Leona as temp team mates.

Random Luong caps since I bothered taking them.

Are they gonna bring back the idea of Darkstalkers and SF being in the same universe?

I hope not. I don't think my poor ticker could handle seeing them desecrated so horribly (redesigns + drawn in that godawful style).

I have the same grief. But there was a time, before SFV came out, when the majority of people would, in regards to SFV, post that story, and by extension canon, doesn't matter and no one pays attention to it. My guess is Capcom has fully embraced this and went from a cheesy Saturday morning cartoon story to a barely comprehensible story. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they've outsourced the writing to Udon and just washed their hands of it entirely. A shame too, I always appreciated the campy story SF had.

;_;

I don't even care if it would have been a 3DS title, I would have taken anything. I've always liked the SF EX original characters more than the actual official SF characters

Was the chick in the maid costume supposed to be Blair?
Don't blueball me like this, Arika.

Did SFV explain the missing FSE eye? Also SFV Juri is too busty.

yes, to both.

Ono: Hmm, what else can I do to pis-, I KNOW! I'LL BRING UP CHARACTERS WE DON'T OWN, MAKING PEOPLE WANT THEM IN SFV! Intern, how are the sales?

Intern: Still terrible, sir.

Ono: AWESOME! I"M MAKING MORE PROFIT FOR CAPCOM! THE FGC WILL SUCK MY DICK FOR SURE!

Intern: *Sigh*

Shitty as usual, but I like how Harada riffs on the American players over Chloe despite every region thinks she's shit-tier (almost nobody uses her and Gigas in tourneys). I have to admit I like Josie's story because it makes the Tekken Force look okay for once (until she finds out they're dicks).

Can we have an Arab that's a dick for once (yea, I know why it won't happen. Please try not to make a Holla Forums topic out of this)?

Kill yourself

It was part of a joke, you dumb retard.

Less being a retard, more killing yourself you faggot.

I main Chinger Changer Nigger Dagger

You're the only retard here.

I don't get it, Killer Instinct was fine. Why the fuck did they have to add Rash?

Rash is fine.
Arbiter however is not.

Keits pls

I don't have a problem against Arbiter it's fucking Rash man. I can never tell when to combo break, his shit's safe as fuck on block. It's ridiculous, I can't stand fighting this fucker.

FUCK♂YOU

Oh mammy

why

Same reason Dhalsim's limbs and Axl's chains have hitboxes.

Dhalsim I can understand, but chains and poles aren't people parts

How do I not get burned out with fighters, I feel my care to learn them slowly slipping?

I have only been having trouble with his fuckin tongue command. Seriously a safe almost full screen confirm that eats projectiles and can be performed in all directions .

Thats about it. Eyedol is fucking broken and i hate shago so much i trained for days to beat every single of his combos.

I'll make aken out of you
youtu.be/zJb8J_kGApg

In real life yes, but from a vidya standpoint, having characters that can just stay far away and utilize their long range attacks with no way of countering (especially if the opponent has no projectile attack) would make them way too OP, so having a way to counter and move in evens it out.

Because they would be too strong without it. Axl is already a decently easy character to learn as it is.

NEW THREAD