PS2 THREAD

I can't wait to delve into the greatest video game library of all time.

just find someone with cracked ps2 and have him make a mcboot card for you

You did buy a fat one with HDD right?

What's your favourite PS2 game?

Already got one. I needed a new controller which I had to get from China unless I wanted to be Jewed on the price.

From China? That's a little out there OP. Just for a controller? Also all of the stuff you'd need to soft mod it should be easily obtainable domestically. At least, if you're American.

You can get used controllers on Amazon for like 10 bucks.

It was like half the price after the currency conversion compared to buying from here. I'm not going to line a Jew's pockets with shekels.

My nigga. Gotta be my favorite port.

how are you sure it's even real? Honestly you are far better off buying some used controller. Amazon returns are very easy to deal with if it comes to it, you generally have full control if the product is unsatisfactory.

How much would a modded ps2 with most ps2 games put onto it cost?

I don't think they make hard drives big enough or if the PS2 technically supports hard drives that big.

I've bought quite a few chink controllers. They still make them in that country and they are actually much more easier to just disassemble and fix yourself than anything Sony shat out.
Its not like they have anything non functional either.

I would think they would skimp on the pressure sensitive buttons. I'm fortunate enough to have a classic game shop near by where PS2 controllers are like 13 bucks a piece, and if there's any problems its a quick return.

PS2 =/= PS/2, you're really stretching for a shitpost.

Burnt a shit ton of games and still have yet to play them. DMC 1/2/3, Fatal Frame 1/2/3, Namco x Capcom, lots of shit.

Waiting to get money to get a HDD for the thing. Shit's getting tedious.

it shouldn't cost so much. There's like $20 250GB drives, you would need an IDE to USB reader, those are like $15ish, and ps2 network adapters are like 7 bucks?

It's very cheap, and also no worries of failing lasers.

also, I started looking into getting a PS2 SCART cable for RGB. Component is decent but not as good as I can get. They make these SCART cables with composite video for light guns, would be great for my BVM.

Eh. Not that high on priority list when laser still works fine. PS2 slim died when got way too fucking loud, but that's about it.

I thought component was better than SCART?

Help me decide Holla Forums

Anyone been playing anything fun recently?

no, SCART does RGB, which provides a better color space. I don't think it supports anything beyond 480p - but it's PS2…there's like 4 games that go beyond that. Light gun games more than make up for it. RGB is better than YpBpR. SCART separates the luma/sync, red, blue, and green channels. iirc YpBpR is luma/sync, blue, red (difference is subtracted to retrieve Green value) it's not as good.

Believe there's a software mod to allow higher resolutions, but never tried it myself. Probably would kill the PS2 quicker.

Persona 3 FES is fun.

I've played with GSMswitcher, gets pretty horrible results even with early titles like dark cloud.

Worked for me in MGS2

Don't settle for anything less than a PS2 fat HDD. PS2 has USB 1.1 so every single game would be unplayable using the USB port.

PS2 itself uprezzes games worse than PCSX2. Just raising the resolution is going to break a lot of effects.

I just beat that game on Tuesday. Fucking hell.

I wasn't saying to use a slim or the systems USB slots, I was saying you'd need that for your PC to read the drives. Most people don't have PATA in their PC any more.

Stay pleb emulation fags.

Can't say I'm all that surprised. Shame the state of homebrew overall is pretty much the same.

I hope you romanced best girl, user.

I have both and image-quality-wise it's equivalent which is to be expected.
Properly wired SCART can switch TV input automatically when turning on the PS2 just like HDMI, while component video can't.
OTOH the built-in DVD player of the PS2 breaks, because it can't into RGB, so there component video is better.

I thought I did, but dubs don't lie.

I'm disappointed.

Maybe for for Xenosaga if haven't tried it. It's fun.

RGB does have a better color space providing better quality than component. I don't care for DVD playback, I pirate most film and if I'm playing optical media, both my ps3 and ps4 can handle it. The biggest reason I'm getting it is because my HDTV butchers the image of SD systems and it would look far better on my BVM. Also, light gun games.

From a electronic PoV component video is equivalent to RGB. The color space is completely identical.

havde lige glemt alt om den trold

PS2 thread made me in the mood for some devil may cry 3

Agent Hugo is shit, get the hoverboard one instead.

Why the fuck would you buy slow and loud ass IDE hdds. You can use SD cards or play games through LAN from a PC. Doesn't need to be fat PS2 either.

Nice kiddie bait faggot.

Do you have any guides for this?

I'm actually interested.

With a simple mechanical adapter you can use CompactFlash cards.

ps2home.freeforums.net

The guide for configuring SMB for OPL (Playing PS2 games via Ethernet) is there.

tfw my PS2 doesn't have a hard drive slot.

Really? Wow, that's cool, I had no idea.

I'll have to look into this when I have some spare time.

ace combat is great

i've been playing wild arms 5 recently, pretty good jrpg

The Chinese make them look like responsible merchants, Jews at least believe in quality control.

I like Wild Arms 5 a good bit myself, but it's rather hit or miss with series fans (especially when there's some that insist that anything after WA3 or ACF, depending on the person, is bad). Plus, being an anniversary title and all, it's probably best played after the prior games to get the most out of it.

Really good OST as well, even if it's not exactly the same vibe as what Naruke did for the older games. Kouda and Agematsu managed to emulate the western vibe pretty well at times.

Still working at Shadow Hearts: From the New World. Really enjoyable series; wish it had been allowed to continue, but Aruze shut Nautilus down and has done jack shit with the license, apart from whoring characters out to Idea Factory. Honestly not sure why Aruze wanted to be their publisher in the first place really, given their eternal love for pachislot.

What's the point of having it chipped? You can play anything without ever having to take the lid off.

WA5 IS BEST WA

I prefer WA2 and 3, but again, I found WA5 to be pretty good. It is a bit odd that it took that long for them to include a cowgirl-type party member though, given the series western style.

That still has compatibility issues and long loading times

I might not own a PVM, but damn I get as close as one can off craigslist

ever thought of investing in a pvm/bvm?

What other good PS2 horror games are there, backwards compatibility with PS1 games count. So far I've only played the Silent Hill games, the later REs, and Manhunt, and I want to go futher.

I hear the Siren games are spooky but hard, is that true?

the siren games are very good. Definitely give them a try. They come from the director of the original silent hill.

Been hunting for years locally. Fuck paying to ship 40-80 pounds of CRT on top of ebay bullshit markup.

I bit the bullet and went through with just ebaying it. Shipped from one coast to another, but my god the results are out of this world.

can't play light gun games with a plebemeister

There's a number of other PS2 horror games. Clock Tower 3, Kuon (boy that one's gone up in price lately), Echo Night: Beyond, Rule of Rose, and Haunting Ground come to mind.

Also, there's two Siren games on the PS2, but only the first made it to the NA. Not sure why Europe got the second but we didn't here.

I wish I had room for a CTR myself (a friend of mine was getting rid of a big one a while back I could have gotten for free), but I've just been having to make use of the 4:3 function my HD one for older stuff. It's not bad, but I suppose not the exact way these games were meant to be played.

Not even sure if my TV stand would support a heavy ass CRT anyhow.

you don't necessarily need or want a huge one. BVMs are heavy as shit but they aren't large displays. They're the best you can get, too.

Sure is casual in here.

Kill yourself.

keio posters are quick to recognize keio

Nigga I've gotten both these CRTs for a total of a tenth of what you paid for a Shitmeister, and my shit looks better than a blurry, ghosting, slow refreshing turd of an LCD ever could

What's your contrast ratio without cornball auto-contrast tricks anyway? 7000:1 maybe?

How true are your blacks? How accurate are your reds, blues or greens?

Oh? What's that? You don't know? That's right, because you're so half-ass in your dedication to getting the image as intended that you took the casual as shit method of buying magic nip box that based Westerners made a better version for half the price and a fifth the size. (Oh, and the little bastard eats a tenth of the electricity, too. Runs off 5v,

reminds me, one day I'd love to own a BVM-A20 or 32. 32 is reaching but man it would be something out of this world.

HA. You're retarded if you think a CRT can spit out emulator quality sharpness from the real thing.

You must have bought some shit LCDs, though that is to be expected from the poor.

It's okay, I know poor people are usually salty about shit they can't afford, let it out bro.

Meh, I'm quite content with my KV-30HS510. All 160 fucking pounds of it. If I ever stumble across a PVM, I'll probably snag it, but I dread that day.

That is the day I also have to buy a mountain of BNC connectors, a crimping tool, and get to work building break out cables. For all my consoles.

Sounds like you prefer to put the work into it yourself. Money's less of an issue for me so i can order this stuff no worries. As far as i know rgb scart cables exist for pretty much every system, from there i just have a scart to bnc cable setup, has rca audio too.

Its a bit pricy but its hardly anything that hurt in the long term.

wew

When you have the skills, it makes no sense to not use them. But man, that's going to be a bitch of a timesink.

My friend is getting rid of his crt tv. its a jvc av32wf47. Is it any good ?

What's the better game, MoH: Frontline or CoD 2: Big Red One?

Looked it up, appears to be a consumer edtv. I don't like these, many tend to have digital decoding and damage the image its taking from analog signals and outputting them as digital. It may be fine as a free tv and a solution for crt and all its benefits. If you're ever at any point considering going the pvm or bvm route, consider waiting and putting the time into making that happen, as there is nothing quite like it.

i want to cum inside that rabbit