Minetest

What happened to the Holla Forums server?

Info: minetest.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/4316
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Server owner got bored hosting a server filled with faggots who PK each other for shit laughs rather than being content on building shit using autism blocks.
That or the fact that everyone quit and left signs saying they quit.

I quit earlier and I'm not surprised. I'd now rather play Minecrap, at least that has functioning mobs and more concise content that doesn't feel like a clusterfuck of half-assed mods that don't fit.

Maybe if his shitty factions mod actually worked people would have been more willing to actually cooperate instead of building underground bunkers to hide from each other.

the server got what it deserved

I'm happy about this. that's what they get for letting people ruin everyones fun. everyone left, no surprise. and that admin was the biggest loser in the world for letting it all happen. he didn't ban for people ruining the game, but banned then if he suspected them of spamming.

server owner was a faggot

Too bad I guess, vola castle was finally finished

honestly it would be nice to play the game the way it was in the beginning before xenos came. I really enjoyed building together with you all. we need a new server but with an admin who actually bans bad people.

factions mods are stupid because if everyone tries to build near each other, it's impossible because the game wont let them break or place blocks. but if everyone is in the same faction to build together, it's like there's no faction at all because everyone can do anything they want anyway.

Is the android version not cross compatible with desktop? I get booted when i try to join the server.

Server is ded/down for many moons now

factions mod is necessary to prevent catastrophic damage and so the owner doesn't have to babysit everyone 24/7

of course, they undid all of this by allowing territory to be claimed

Many moons, huh?

you didnt read it, and that's why you are talking like a fool.

Are there any decent servers we can use until someone makes a new Holla Forums server?

It probably also would have helped if he'd made backups and used a normal filesystem.

I quit because the game was a broken piece of shit.
Was excited to play around with frames only to find out that they're utterly broken.

Minecraft runs like hot garbage, but somehow Minetest manages to perform worse.
On a fucking i7 of all things.

78.155.212.152 might work. I haven't had a chance to check out the rules or anything, but the modpack looks alright.

Why is everything underwater there? I spawned at the bottom of the ocean.

I WAS HAVING ACTUAL FUN

Strange, minecrap barely runs even with performance mods on my potato, yet minetest runs at an average 25-35 fps

Dunno. Seems like it's only around spawn though.

What a shame. I just had a quarry set up and got a new bro in my faction.

You are all enjoyable to play with and I hope I get to play with you again soon.

That server the one guy mentioned seems alright now that I got out of the ocean.

You can even set your own spawn point and warp back at will.

How sad.
t. Xenos

Server died because it started segfaulting when started. I can do one of three things:
a. provide an export of the map and mods, for someone else to host
b. actually just fix the server
c. provide an export of the map and mods, and fix the server.

:^)

fix it bob

fix it

github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/4316

Don't release the map unless there's no chance we'll ever use it again. It would make it way too easy to find defense vulnerabilities.

People probably don't want their monuments to autism ruined, so try to fix.

Just fix the server and reset the map.

this. and generate next map with valleys gen.

This always happens when some fag on Holla Forums makes a server: drama.

yeah. i love it

this was technical issues, not drama.

Any progress?

pork butts and taters

Give us the mods.

Why not just host ace of spades .54?
Attracts more people and is really what people end up doing anyways

i would play if you would host
i love playing with Holla Forums, somehow these faggots are nicer then normal people in these kinds of games.

The most fun I had with the game was in Minecraft prior to the Redstone update when it was just comfy and limited. Forcing you to use your imagination instead of bloat. Minetest would be good if they could actually optimize well enough so my game didn't fucking crash every time I go further than 1000 blocks.

I'd like a copy of the modpacks or at least a list. Thanks

i understand people who are upset at how empty minecraft is, but i dont understand your side of the fence. the ones who pine after the days of alpha where it was naught but wool swastikas

The fun was in the simplicity. Granted you were limited with your shit but you would be amazed with the amount of creativity players had. Everything post hunger update was just shit with a few aspects that weren't that bad.

As someone who enjoyed the alpha singleplayer, I can tell you that shifting to beta worldgen killed the game in one fell swoop. It went from being able to get steep ravines with winding rivers and fjords and deltas to the same rolling hills every time. Where I could get lost in the winding alpha caves for literal hours, the beta caves are mostly straightish tunnels connected to giant chambers.

i always felt that for a game named after digging/mining that it was strange how little they seemed to pay attention to developing the underground, and that it didnt go very deep.

O-ok ;_;
I found it while exploring.

You're crashing the server, Cyberen. Use a different name or something.

DonardoTrumpo here
No idea since i quit so early, i felt bad since i autistically spent a few days refining uranium only to have the server wiped.
I always expected it to happen but i thought the server would at least live to see finland reach the nuclear age

even stranger if you have a shit pc it runs better than minecraft but if you have a good pc it runs worse than minecraft

Define good PC.

Soundslike it has issues deciding whether and how to thread and if it should send it to the cpu or gpu

bad pc: shittty 1ghz quad core and integrated gpu
good pc: core i5/7 and some high end nvidia/amd like a gtx 980 or amd's 480

Any word on the server?

The map doesn't seem to load anymore. Odd.

I teleported to a new location and now every time I load the game it immediately crashes. Please help.

Also, please allow anyone to use machines, anvils and other tools. If most of us have a life it's no use hoarding valuable equipment on survival servers. If someone doesn't want others using their stuff, they should claim territory and lock it behind a steel door. as for me, I'd like to share when my shit gets fucked up.

Fucking uninstalled.

at least it ran smoothly I guess

Hell no

Playing with Holla Forums was fun though but the game could really do with weather for one.

bump

If the server ever gets back up everyone's faction will be deleted from a week+ of inactivity.

Why wouldn't the mods have been exported in the first place?

Is there a good faction server anywhere?

le fotm fam :^)))))))))))))))))))))^

So, was there a way to mine 3x3? It really killed it for me to mine one block at a time.

The solution to the problem is to simply delete the map and generate a new one.

There was a drill you could upgrade to cut 3x3 blocks. You needed stainless steel to make it though, which was a pain in the ass.

I don't even fucking care about the old map at this point. Just start a new one if it'll be easier.

Time to vote for Hill-dogg!

So where are we playing now?

The old server should be up by tomorrow. I'm going to have to do more testing, but I got the world to load in singleplayer at least.

There's always the slav server if you want something that just werks.
78.155.212.152:30000

Compile debug version and run in gdb?

I told him how to fix it yesterday. It seems like he doesn't want to deal with the server anymore.

this is the most retarded thread on Holla Forums
it passes the tf2c ones
you are basically playing minecraft but play a shitty bootleg so you don't feel like faggots

ayy lmao

Real MC doesn't have
S H I F T
H
I
F
T

I find the technic mod and the ability to search for recipes on the go to be a refreshing change of pace. The instability is my biggest concern.

I propose the admin grant everyone 99 iron, chromium and copper blocks as a token of gratitude for rejoining the server.

We waited two weeks for this?

Is that map going to stay like this or are we going to load up the previous one?
Asking since I'm wondering if playing as of right now is worth it or not.

So I am the host of the ss13 server.
If you guys need someone to host the server just email me with a quick tutorial on how to set it up and its all yours.

[email protected]/* */

I found out who the guy funk spams our threads with.

Sounds like normalfag blog garbage

Same here. If it's a new one, the admin should at least make the spawn point the same for everyone, with a nice bright design that can be seen from the minimap (not to mention all the same plugins).

I'm not even sure if you're all ironic hipsters or if you actually like this honestly

It's simply easier to run on my toaster, plus it's free.

Nice shitpost, honey.

You've posted this same thing before like a month ago, I remember it

we're not hipsters, Minecraft's a pillar of duct tape and is obviously going in a direction we're indifferent/negative towards, and additionally modding is both a pain and hard to manage client wise (you need a launcher like FTB or TechnicPack to manage mods or else everyone gets confused and the server doesn't get a population or you just use a premade modpack which has a bunch of mods nobody wants) and if you have people who don't want to pay for MC it's another set of pain managing.
However minetest doesn't put shit on the client, they just need to download and run. Let the server manager handle all the headache.

So it's well optomized? Minecraft makes my toaster laptop so hot I think its going to catch on fire.

It runs on C+, not Java, so it's far easier on my toaster. Minecraft makes the fan turn so fast I think it's going to fly.

(checked)
anything is well optimized in comparison to minecraft.

I am working on setting up the server for you folks. Any port in particular you want for the server?

You say this like it's a good thing. The lack of client-side scripting in mods is one of the main disadvantages of minetest.

Did you get my email?

Real minecraft doesn't have climbing mechanics

Yes however I am pants on head retarded and this is all very new to me.

As long as you don't disable sqlite sync, use an unstable FS, and make no backups, you'll be doing better than the old admin.

If someone wants to be a sweetheart and just zip me up a folder with everything I need to host the server I will gladdly do it. I am not about to learn shit shit though so don't expect miracles.

Are you hosting on windows or linux?

please be linux

I want to have a fun server where we can all be autism in peace and build for fun, fuck factions and trouble makers, just Holla Forums autism building.

minecraft fucking sucks and runs like piss covered shit.

minetest runs smoothly and feels like what minecraft should have been.

would be nice to play an ace of spades mod for minetest

I'll set it up for you if you give me ssh.
I'd also be willing to use ftp if you're sane.

How do you mean? Large-scale, long-term battles, or clunky OpenSpades?

it's pretty hard to configure an ftpd properly.

there could be something that scales down the map a bit but still be big enough that it's fun. I like the destruction. we could have a map that takes places in an underwater space station and it floods when you break it

Playing with a bunch of autistic children in an autistic game results in a shit experience?

Holy shit, stop the motherfucking presses.

You opted to play the most autistic game with the most autistic fanbase, and you're somehow surprised that this shit fizzled out within a week?

Holy shit. Stop the motherfucking presses.

every time
5 bucks it's my younger brother

we had an idiot running the server that let one OP turbotroll troll everyone to death, which caused everyone to go crazy. everyone got fed up with the idiot who wouldn't get rid of bad people and let them ruin everyones fun and the whole thing fell apart.

you are insanely stupid.

The server would still be alive if admin had banned a few faggots, kept backups, used ext4, and wrote a script to delete luaentities if minetestserver exits abnormally.

are you agreeing with me? no sarcasm.

Yeah. Griefing was a big problem that admin should have at least tried to solve.

oh. yea yea. agreed.

serb is back

neat, we still have all of our precious honey

server adress?

also who is running the server now? what are the rules? can everyone build together in peace? will asshole be banned?

catgirls.animebitch.es:30000

Everything's the same, I think

So… what's Minetest supposed to have over Autismcraft?

MinetestCon when?

wait a sec, is it the same admin as before?

are all the absolutely horrible factions mods gone?

Shiftladders and freedom

If this game ever gets a proper GLSL shader mod and a new UI make a big deal about it so I notice.

Until then I'm gonna stick with minecraft I guess.

bump

Factions are still present and broken (need admin's permission to be the head of your own faction) but all the chests are still there. If you had any items on your person or in a locked chest, you can pick up where you left off.

serber down

Checked and checked.
Someone get the server up!

what mods was the original server running? was there a list somewhere?

the mods I have listed are:

beds
boats
bones
bucket
creative
doors
dye
farming
fire
flowers
give_initial_stuff
mesecons
moreblocks
moreores
pipeworks
screwdriver
sethome
stairs
technic
tnt
vessels
walls
wool
xpanes

I know technic, mesecons and pipeworks are essential.

Working on it.

Err, it seems to be up.

Not for me.

Please let me know when the server is up, UUUU.

I'm working on it, it's just that I can't test since I don't have any mesa3d.

pic related

try floorchan.org for now.

Much obliged, pardner!

Is that some terra firma?

Jesus Christ please no.
Best way to set up the server now would just be a complete reset and increasing the ore spawning tenfold in the first 500x500 area (disable faction claiming there too) for the new map.

I was really starting to get some digging done there though.

It's the same server, just a different domain.

I have 4000+ obsidian blocks and two stacks of diamond blocks, it still will be worth it though.

I know that, I just want the admin to reset the map.

Oops, I left in the sage name when I did a sage in all fields.

thanks. messing around with it on a linode vps. seems pretty straightforward to get going.

bump

I got everything in my faction perfect. If any of you fine gents need some help getting back on your feet, come by Lynx castle and leave a sign asking for some supplies, or take the free stuff there. I can provide everything except copper, mithril & chromium. I can also repair, recharge, alloy, cook, compress, extract, grind & cut anything you guys want.

Admin please re-enable death banners.

bants and people not being blue pilled puppets

Bump