Final Fantasy Thread

Posting the new trailer for XV
Is worlds any good?

I was really hoping for more lightning in XV. She was the best thing about the last final fantasy games.

Pink-haired faggot seemed like he wouldn't be an annoying presence in the 2013 trailer, but it seems SE really can't let go of the concept of a swaggering villain prancing around in front of the heroes.

Whatever happened to the old dude anyways? The guy that was always old and all that? Don't tell me they're going to have him be some transformable monster villain again.

Also, are you telling me that the character played by Sean Bean in the Final Fantasy movie died? I'm fucking unsurprised

I watched the movie prequel or whatever the fuck it was, and the plot seems to be the same kind of "experimental" gibberish as most other recent FF games.

Who the fuck writes this trash? What shit do the costume designers smoke?

Hating on A E S T H E T I C S

Been a month since the Kingsglaive movie came out, and no fanfare but derision
And he dies at the end, and top kek, the trailers are shit.

I know being retarded makes reading comprehension hard, but do try.

Yes, I hate the shit outfits that no sane human would wear. Learn what good art direction looks like pleb.

Because it was complete ass. About the only good thing in the whole movie was the big fight between those demons and the big mecha statues.

They should have just made a prequel game with that plot, ala Ground Zeroes, might be jewish, but who would buy FF now by watching that?

Vidya movies are shit, now wonder how much they spent on this movie and how the plot will be in the game.

God, no.

I have less of a problem with vidya movies than I have with the fact SE is seemingly incapable of finding a good writer for their multi million, flagship project.

Having watched that turd I think I could write a better plot.

Take note, they salvaged most of this shit from FF13 Versus, and the constant staff changes made me think this game is like having some identity issues, they really need better writers or even ones experienced in movies, even that new RE CGI movie now has someone with experience in IP anime movies.

I'd readily believe this if shit storytelling hadn't been a thing since FFVIII.

Mate, if the movie is bad, I can't imagine how much more retarded the plot of the game will be.

And it's a pity, because the initial premise was interesting. The modern world setting lends itself better to political intrigue, but they push that shit aside in favor of moronic prophecies and muh crystal.

Also, the costume design clashes really badly with modern aesthetics.

Japs are bad writers. It's why there are nearly 10,000 anime series since the 50s but only a few of them are worth watching.

So just like every other medium.

That's true for any kind of storytelling though.

And it's not about the plot being bad, it's the fact that jRPGs are infamous for being complete gibberish.

I read that the japs dont critic any movies over there and pretty much say everything is amazing. Might be the reason why they're bad.

Maybe they're just being polite. As a matter of fact, I always notice a far larger Dislike bar on Japanese trailers than on Western ones.

Japanese are used to making and getting the best, so it's only natural that they'd be more critical. Silently conforming probably only applies to their workspace.

How do you explain magazines with vidya review in them?

I was talking about movies, do they ever give bad scores to their own games?

The only thing that looks good about the game is that it might be a comfy simulator with the vehicle transportation. The combat looks flashy but apparently stupid simple but I've never tried it myself so I can't really judge the controls.

Might be fun at best.

NO LIGHTNING, NO BUY.

no toblerone no buy

please tell me the americuckold version will have japanese voiceover option

When is new ffxiv thread?

I want to hatefuck this character

three games wasted on toriyama's waifu, bunch of fucking cucks giving this bland ass character praise

If an user has her as a waifu, does that mean they have to share with Toriyama?

It's final fantasy. Everyone is a faggot. And not just a normal faggot either. A total fucking flamer.

Reminder that Ivalice is the best setting because it has the best beast races

Your ethics are wrong too. Take pride in your work.

Who says I can't make dosh and take pride in my work?

You. You did. You called the art shitty because it was furry. You're stuck in 2007 and you'll never fully embrace what you're creating and it will show

If you say so, I disagree

that's why i called'em cucks

"Why these characters are wearing clothes that don't adhere to real-life fashion, even though it's a videogame?"

"Why are the villains act flamboyant? I want straight ruthless, gruff, edgy villains!"

"Japs are bad at writing, disregard the bad non-japs witers!"

Bunch of butthurt realismfags and Occidentfags in this thread

Can we just talk about Cidney's tanlines?