Justice in Vidya

What other shitty games have crashed and burned in such spectacular fashion in recent years?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/recore
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IIRC, the DmC remaster sold less than 100k worldwide

Hulk Hogan played a video game and made $150 million.

Perfect, now we just need proper DMC 5 to be announced at TGS

And as of earlier this year, the faggot journos were still kvetching about the game's reception on the whole.

Mega Man deserves better.

What's amazing is that people are giving Mega Man better, and they're all American fans who have found a way to do their own thing while remaining faithful to the core concepts at the same time. The comic is clearly by someone who has the fire.

I don't get the hard on they have for DMC: Fuck You edition. At best, it was a mediocre spectacle game which played gross disservice to the history of it's characters and didn't understand why people liked them in the first place.

It deserved exactly what it got.

God, the comic was fucking astounding. Exploring the free will and limited intelligence of Robot Masters left right and center while the games themselves made allusions to such things but never actually explored them at all. Also Proto Man's own thoughts and motives were fun to flip through, considering he was completely replaced, though I'm not sure I care so much for his accidental free will being considered a byproduct of an extremely vague directive.

I would've loved to see a Mega Man Zero comic by the guy (hell Neige cameoed as a reporter in one or two arcs) and the ventures into Mega Man X were fantastic. Even started to bridge the power-gap between X characters and Mega Man characters by showing Wily Machines were still disgustingly dangerous things that needed a team of decent Maverick Hunters to subdue when one was excavated and then went rogue.

Another problem it had was that it couldn't even keep internal consistency since they'd changed Donte to look and behave a bit more closely to the original incarnation after the massive backlash from his original crack-addict look, but the final Donte we got didn't really fit in with the world around him or its tone like the methhead Donte would've.

Probably the fact that they got paid to promote it and still couldn't get series fans to like it much, let alone buy it.

This. The things that I posted in my images are the exact fucking antithesis of what just described.

The Megas and The Protomen are drastically different from the original telling of the story, and ultimately contain very different characters. But it's by keeping the original games' philosophical core in tact that people were willing to listen to and be receptive to them. There are no accusations about how they're just trying to use an existing franchise for a cash-in, and it's because fans can recognize the labor of love, for what it is. Respecting, while building on, the original.

Compare and contrast with Tameem, who holds the original DMCs, their characters, their stories, and implicitly their fanbase, in contempt.

This piece of shit was so disappointing it fell from 60 to 20 dollars in one month and now it's just 5 bucks in bargain bins.

I learned texturing from one of the artists

He cringed when I brought it up

Sometimes things just don't turn out well

did he ever tell you about what went wrong?

it sold pretty well/

The Xbone, No Mans Sky, Quantum Break, ReCore, Order 1886 PS4 Pro and the Scorpio

the fucking DSiware Dark Void game was ridiculously better than the actual main game

Will he somehow fuck this up more than shekel no. 9?

he already did

Nu Males' Sky made a pretty salty crater. The positive reviews are at 35% now by the way.

Is King Liar dead/still in hiding or has he come out to lie some more?

Oh fuck did it come out already? how bad is it?

Pretty shit
metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/recore

2 minute load screens every 10 minutes bad

HE ACTUALLY MANAGED IT
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

2016 the ultimate [CURRENT YEAR] full of blunders happening to stupid ass morons who fully deserve it.

Thi4f.
Although I can't say how well it did, not many people seemed to like it outside of game journos who eat up any shit they're given.

LOADINGU

DESU

Don't you think maybe they need to fire someone at Gearbox? Like Alien: Colon Pirates, Did Not Finish and Stillborn all came from them.

Someone up top is making as many bad decisions as the sony higher ups. Maybe they're competing too see who can fuck up the most?

Randy Pitchford, probably.
I hope Douk 3D rebutchered doesn't sell at all so that terrible studio would die already

Battleborns gameplay is great but its characters voices and shit humor is terrible

overwatch characters and lore are great its gameplay is easy as balls and pretty boring

Sunset

Those two are incompatible concepts, it's fucking garbage in absolutely any aspect, period.

you mean Randy Pitchford?

Is this Pitchford guy the one who calls the shots or is he just a spokes person like Reggie was?

He's a giant faggot and pretty much the closest thing to the face of Gearbox. I'm guessing he's the asshole who calls the shots

I honestly don't know which one would be worse. The worst and most likely option is, of course, both.

I…
don't know.

Reggie doesn't run the show at NoA?
Pitchford is the CEO of Gearbox.

where's the webm from?

Bro Team.

thanks

This one's old but still funny.

The protomen suck dick, fuck off with the shitty meme band.

I think no one likes Protoman, they just WANT A MARTYR, A STATUE TO RAISE I'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING I CAN

I'll fuck your Karen gladly.

So according to jewgle Pitchford really is the
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER!
at GB, so yes, it's all his fault.

And Reginald is the NoA guy, but there's someone higher than him, apparently. So anything that happens is tangentially related after the paperwork and briefing.

your taste in music is as bad as your taste in women. ( both girls in your pic look like generic "hipster" trash )

you're legitimately stupid if you think that second pic looks hipster.

notice that retarded over the shoulder "hairstyle" and tatooed eyebrows

Dude come on now, what about the right girl tells you she's a hipster / looks like a hipster?

Gone Homo.
>Been out for 3 fucking years

They sold a ton of fucking copies of this shit.. But considering how much press and free advertising they got for this, their final numbers are pitiful. This was the game that every journo was saying, "YOU MUST PLAY THIS" and after years of practically trying to give it away for free, they can't even compete with a giant stinking turd like Nu Male's Sky.

Feels good man.

Nigger what are you talking about?

that you are retarded virgin or a basement dweller if you are unable to notice retarded trends of the current sjw age and that many of women already looks like the chick on the right picture

En contrare, mon ami, it is YOU who are the family dungeon resident.
I'd spent the entire day yesterday shopping for new clothes and saw plenty of normalfags. There is a clear line between normal (albeit stupid) looking people and SJWs. I don't know their beliefs just by looking at them and neither do you.
Seriously, you're being paranoid, that's how regular women look like. Sure, most of them are probably left leaning, but they're not SJWs.

Thief 4 and DMC DMC, for me.

Both awful games that didn't appeal to anybody, insulted the original fanbase and made zero profit.

I love how they never get over this sort of shit.

I don't think you realize how popular they are on Holla Forums.

You are a moron.

It's not even a game.

Gone Home was just part of the government's push for games as art or games as an educational tool (non-violent interactivity) to ease retards into Common Core acceptance.

you should grow up an0n.
Mega man and pokeyman are for kiddies

don't forget jojo

Does anyone know if Zip Lash, Amiibo Festival, Federation Force, recent Mario Parties, F-Zero Swap, or any other recent shit Nintendo games failed?

Zip Lash was piss easy and the candy marketing (all the foods are brand name) bothered reviewers

They said the reason they didn't make another Chibi Robo like the first game was because they couldn't get modern kids interested in such open ended areas.

Looks like those toy company dreams of Nintendo aren't doing so well.

Truly, kids become dumber and dumber. All people have to aspire to now is to be a welfare junkie with a bunch of bastard kids to keep dem gibmedats rolling in.

The weird thing is the big update they're giving New Leaf, a three year old game. It adds amiibo functionality to the game. Looks like amiibos didn't work out elsewhere, but New Leaf did really well, so they're trying amiibos with a successful title.

No that's a shit ton of users, that's more than what Dragon's Dogma or Metal Gear Rising have

the problem is that the uneducated have the most children and their children become just as uneducated in most cases, so the only way to 'fix' society would be too create a new IQ system that judges your IQ based on your value to society.

Adding to this, the 2 minute* load screen also occurs when you die and retry.

First 30 seconds is just a black screen with spinning white thing to show the console isn't dead per Microsoft game requirements that then loads up the actual loading screen image that has a picture of the area your in and in game hints which then last 1:30**

I saw the clearance at my Target, too. Is it happening at all of them?

It's mostly a handful of huge games like Hyrule Warriors or Smash Bros. where they actually do something interesting, then you get games where the entire focus is amiibos with no real fun game behind the physical DLC, and finally you get a shit-ton of shovelware and other crap titles that have amiibo compatibility. Probably the most interesting use I can think of them so far has been that learning-fighter system for Smash.

Nigger fuck off I've had better philosophical and science-fiction related discussions out of Mega Man than I have out of actual philosophical works and recent science-fiction novels.

"W-well I liked it a-user, w-why doesn't everyone h-have the same opinions a-as me" - every major journalist ever

But… WHY? Even if Capcom showered them in money and the guys at Ninja Theory blew every journo, what was years ago. Why still so adamantly defend it?

You're missing the point, you fucking retard. Let's play a Yes/No game for your Common Core-afflicted brain to understand:

Were Dragon's Dogma or MGR as publicised? No. Did every reviewer shill the fuck out of either of those games? No. Do those games go on sale regularly and are used in the promotional displays for digital sales? No. Did reviewers give these games a collective metascore of 86 (or higher)? No. Do game's journalists bring those games up regularly in their top 10 lists or give them continual praise years past their launch date? No.

So, no, that's not a "shit ton of users". Not for the publicity that piece of shit got.

Does Randy like own the company or what? Because, you can't just fire him, you have to just watch the whole company burn and hope someone better buys all the franchises.

I can't wait for the sequel to be just as shit.

(heil'd)
Dragon's Dogma was a PC port of a several year's old console game which had middling scores and a tepid reaction from the general consumer populace… And it still sold nearly half a million copies within a year, with no major sales, shilling, humble bundles, or promotion other than word of mouth.

That's fucking amazing.

Gone Homo had every single major industry website and popular review site pushing it hard as the best damned PC game every. It was hailed as the best PC and Indie game that had been made that year and it still sold like shit. Not only does that show just how little people value game journos, but it shows just how unreceptive the general populace is to shitty indie walking sims.

Anyone got that pic about Gone Homo's Ouya and physical retailer copies still in the bargain bin?

I hope titanfall 2 is good. I want to fight people in big mechs. And maybe even get VR is that shit stops being shit soon.

though i know its a pipedream.

I still remember the threads fondly.

In would like to know how much the HIBs add to the total owners.

If you buy it from a non-bundle source you are much more likely to play it so I assume the actual sales is closer to 400k which is a lot considering how shit it is. It was shilled to no end in 2013 but the joke was it destroyed what credibility game journos had left and paved the way for GG.

I'm sure Puppygames had a follow up article saying something like "WE WERE ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED" and took back what they said.

That being said
Is that guy fucking retarded? You get most sales closer to release and during discounts.

Don't forget the NX

load outs removed
shield only recharges by taking a batter from another titan
I'm sorry user

i want to lube up rozalins tits and then fuck her in the ass