Video Game OST Access

This is something I thought about for a while, and I thought I'd ask you guys for your take.

Do you think if you buy a game, you should be entitled access to its ost?

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/the-last-blade-arrange-sound-trax-1998-
downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/the-last-blade-2-arrange-sound-trax-1999-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why shouldn't you?

To clarify, do think it's fair that you have to purchase the ost separately, even if you bought the game?

No.
If you bought the game, you should be able to have the OST.

Selling the OST is for people who like the music but hate the game.

Yeah, along with all the other assets in the game, and the ability to modify them (like replacing the ass ost of crazy taxi pc with the real ost). This is also why on-disc dlc is so shitty.
Should i be able to use/sell the assets and ost? No, not at all, but devs remove access to the above due to fear of this.

Yes.
Or at least have a jukebox mode, like what the fuck I want to listen to the jams and know what they're called.

yes just because I wanted this soundtrack as a kid so badly

Absolutely not.

The OST should come with the game or at the very least have a jukebox mode.

Also it would really help curb the dead links of OSTs that people missed their chance to grab.

Yes because i don't think its fair paying for the same content twice.

The OST should at least be included as a free download.

Most of Holla Forums will automatically say "yes".

But it's actually not that simple of an answer.
When you buy the OST separately, you're supporting the musician, they get money via their contract when the game is in production but it's not always enough money to justify the effort they've put into their craft, musicians for video games aren't always paid well.

By purchasing the OST, unless the publisher is doing some shady shit, you're supporting the musician more directly, if you like their work.

I will never EVER find active links to the Last Blade 1 & 2 Arranged OSTs

downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/the-last-blade-arrange-sound-trax-1998-
downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/the-last-blade-2-arrange-sound-trax-1999-

Getting an awful sense of bias from this post.

I've talked over the years to people that did music for some video games and i got the general feeling that they're paid jack shit unless they're big, estabilished names.

shit choice of words, but yes. I paid for it, I'm entitled to listen to it outside of the game.

no fuck you

this

do musicians get royalties from the ost?

maybe they're just shit

I think we should be entitled to anything digital and infinitely copyable if someone is willing to distribute it for free, and I think if you like something then you should donate to the person that made it (buy the game) to support more of the thing being made.

The "buying products" meme should have never taken off on the internet.

Yes

30 years ago, we used to. Remember fucking sound tests?

I remember sound tests.

my TV had a headphone jack, so I ran it through a small tape recorder and used to record the music.

Allright you fucks. Since you are to biased to actually have a legit opinion on anything Ipresent.

Bastion

Supergiants GAmes still is a small developer and had no meny left for a decent soundtrack for this fucking masterpiece, so he made a deal with another artist. I actually feel more oblighated to buy this kind of music than to the shit i pirate.

Who the fuck are you and why should we care about your love for a shitty game?

It's a top tier game, disproof me faggot.

Holla Forums is full of weed addicts that can't tell the difference between quality and garbage for shit.

or maybe just give them some money directly through their website or bandcamp thing

Yeah but you niggas ain't backing shit

what the hell

Thread of the year 2016.
People are responding seriously to this.

You have it then already in the game. All you have is to rip it.

Nigger if games still had sound tests it would be that easy. But it ain't. Now you have to plow through portions of game to hear your favorite song or pray the audio files aren't encoded in some obscure format.

Please, fuck off and don't come back >>>/cuckchan/

I don't think owning a game should necessarily entitle you to its soundtrack. I don't like the way that's phrased. I think you should be granted access to the files given you have a way to read them. If the soundtrack is in an unusable sample based format? There is no reason developers should accommodate you.

bastion's soundtrack and the game itself really are nothing special. I have to wonder what people who praise this shit are thinking. Is it that they've barely played any games? Like, at all? Is thi sone of their first? Did they never hear a game with a good soundtrack in their life? Did they never play a game with good design in their life? What would happen if they do play something good? There's a lot of questions people who praise garbage make me think about.