Post downgrades

Post downgrades

Other urls found in this thread:

Holla
bbc.com/news/health-37337215
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holla Forums.org/

Then go back to where you came from

Op are you retarded? You do realize that you can't get a "better hardware" on consoles, and that if you leave graphics like this it'll run at silky smooth 2.4 fps?

obligatory.

I don't think that her tits got smaller, just that the shirt/dress thing was raised higher up her chest.
Even then, are downgrades not an sorry fact of the industry? Most retards who have no idea about games development only really care about the visuals, so if they are happy and are fooled by how good it looks who cares as long as it plays well. Though I suppose it could lead to the company getting unfair shtick in the future.
Is it not held that graphics are one of least important things in a game, at least from an aesthetic standpoint?

I like her hair better in the "downgrade", and her tits are the same size.

I feel like these comparisons give more validity to E3 and TGS marketing trailers than they deserve.

Depends on the person. I don't care about them that much.

As someone who played the demo, the only thing they spent time on it is the graphics, so shitting all over it is A-OK.

I hate her hair either way. What kind of hairstyle is that?

I'd sure hate to see that.

top kek m8 :^)

Didn't you hear the news yesterday?
They can take any cell from a female or male body and use it ass the egg now. You can impregnate your own pube cells if you want.

Women just got shoahd.

Ubisoft has gotten away with downgrades for years, I can't believe its only now that they are openly shat on for it.

A lot of that is age though. And you're aging right now user. Honestly might as well kill yourself.

It has been logically and scientifically proven bigger breasts store more milk.

shh user, our time will come

bbc.com/news/health-37337215

Rumor: Vanquish is totally getting a PC port

Raising children alone is a nightmare. Why would you even do it

The state will have R. Lee Emery raise all children.

It means that waifu bots may be a scientific possibility, so you wouldn't raise them alone

off-topic so sage

The video is shit and so is your opinion.

Too late for me I guess.

I don't mind his videos but I'm 100% sure CrowbCat shills on this board.

Big tits also make sluts more likely to NTR people. Flat a best, cowtit pigs go home.

Cemetery has your flat chested girls. Skin and muscles not included.

Washboards are less in demand, therefore they have less opportunities for NTRing. That's all to it. Doesn't make them innately better.

Cowtits were specifically evolved to promote NTR.

Which one is worse? You decide!

are you scarred?

And then one fat ugly guy comes onto her and suddenly your pure DFC waifu is addicted to unwashed fat guy dong.

Too much of a cuck to say cuckoldry or BLACKED?

Or maybe he is talking about 2D

Playstation 4

Well, autists are emotionally 2 dimensional. Is that what you meant?

The problem isn't people being "muh grafix" fags, the problem is with the bullshots. They initially reveal the game in a state that looks outstanding and then proceed to continuously downgrade the visuals. If you compare this to how games were shown off 15 years ago there's a stark contrast where early footage was almost always beaten out by the final product. What's happening now is blatant misrepresentation of the final product.

Oblivion lost it's shadows.

The funny thing about OP's first pic is that some of the downgrades are actually improvements. DoF and AO are trash and should not be used outside of specific effect shots.

The lack of shadows is ridiculous, though. Stacked XOR stencil shadows are cheap as shit and aren't patented like Carmack's Reverse.

every game on every sony console ever?

GTA 5 literally cops have your ass on spy satellite, its fucking stupid that they can detect everything and anything I do.

I feel physically ill, for some reason.

Holla Forums

Japanese truly have the shittiest of tastes.

Japan is overall a shitty country that is comprised with people who are completely and utterly blind to the problems with their country.

It's the opposite. Stay blasted pedo

2channel

It does have pretty autistic fans

Depends on where you live. Scandinavian countries are full of bit tits. Various other European countries have almost as many. Shit's dependent on DNA, remember.

No, most of those YT types still go to cuckchan.

This can be said for pretty much every country around the world, dude.

Not the US

Get the fuck off this board, faggot.

Let me give an example

Japan is a shit country because its filled with egotists who are filled with pride over the actions of others meanwhile they don't fuck their women, allow the government to be corrupt as fuck, look down on other countries despite their fucking problems, no longer even produce quality anime and manga.

THE EIGHT CHANNEL MUST DECIDE:

OR

i think im gonna buy it regardless. it seems like it has a shit ton of meh content, and anything that doesnt have setpieces, walking segments, or assloads of ugly boring cutscenes, ill probably have a decent time with it. i dont really care at this point.

How about you get raped by a pack of rabid niggers instead?

Just pirate the PC version first you mindless drone.

torrentproject.se

NSA monitoring is quite a bit different then a company which politicians own which they approved passing out literally poisonous blood.

Absolutely retarded comparison weeb.

wouldnt call myself a drone, I have no brand loyalty to squeenix or whoever is behind this shit at this point. it'll also definitely have denuvo
riiiiight, regardless i dont have a vpn and ill probably have an assload of goystop cards when the holidays roll around so whatever, i dont give a shit.

I pirate most things before purchase but sometimes i just dont give a rats ass.

Graphics aren't as important as gameplay, but that doesn't mean that false advertising is acceptable. False advertising is never acceptable for that matter, regardless of how important the lie is.

If you aren't trolling, you are literally retarded.

If pirating isn't an option then just don't play the thing. Is being able to play a shitty videogame really worth degrading your values over?

I knew someone was gonna say that. Look, buddy, the US has tonnes of problems and a large section of the population (libs) do give a flying fuck.
TL:DR: The US has problems too.
Sage for off topic.

So? I've experienced the same level of apathy in many other parts of the world.

t. traveler

No, you're the retard who assumes a game that's been in development for a decade is gonna look the same. Again, I'm not a graphicsfag, therefore I'm not drawn to the game because of the graphics. I'm not being tricked in any way. I played a bit of the demo at a friend's place and although it IS a demo, I assume that if I expect half quality for the rest of the game then I can justify spending shitty gift cards on it just to see what happens. I already have almost no expectations. As long as the shit runs on my PC and isn't filled with segments that have NO interactivity, then I don't really care at the end of the day. I already know what to expect in AAA shit when I see it, and as long as vidya meets that bare minimum of actual gameplay and SOME optimization, then fuck it. I'm not going to play the same pre-2007 games for the rest of my life, once or twice every year I'll drop some gift card shekels on AAA games that look like moderate enjoyment, and 90% of the time I get what I expect.

Nah, I'm gonna play the fucking game.
After posting here almost every day for the past ~3 years straight, I realize that I don't give a flying fuck about my "vidya values." It's no different than any other values I have. Everyone here has bought shit that's been made with slave chink labor. Everyone here has paid their taxes to a corrupt government. Everyone here is a wage slave to the kind of corporation that even william gibson wouldn't write about. Vidya is my hobby, but it's like every other aspect of life, filled with shit and low standards. It was the entire fallacy of gamergate: how the fuck are you trying to push for standards from faggots who write text reviews about shit games when real news journalists can't even do that either? I get that this is Holla Forums and vidya comes before everything else, but you have to realize that it's no different from any other form of current year cancer that you have willfully taken and asked for seconds. The only thing I will admit is that I care about author intent, and will stand for no form of censorship, which is a standard for ALL forms of media that I consume.

?
I've never pirated (well, 2-3 games in my life. Played 1 fully (5-10 hour game), played another for a few hours (3? 4?), played another until a glitch (2? 3 hours?).

I buy every game that I play.

HOWEVER
Virtually all my games I buy years after release, full version, at a 75% (or 85%) discount.

What's wrong with buying?
If you truly support a developer, it's better to buy the game to support them than it is to pirate it so that they have to release shittier games to appeal to a wider audience to have increased revenue later.

Imagine if everyone pirated witcher 3 - they'd have to release a skywitcherim to stay competitive.

This thread is a fucking downgrade

If you only paid 25% for a hundred games then you've shortchanged the hardworking games industry out of 75 games. Why do you refuse to support developers that you supposedly care about?

I already did.

I never argued that buying is bad, I am talking about giving your money to greedy fucks that make shitty games. Don't give your money to Square Enix, give it to developers that deserve it to encourage them to make good games. It doesn't even matter if the developer is bad. I've bought Dragon's Dogma on PC 3 times at full price to encourage Crapcom to make DD2.

If you really want to support the devs don't just buy their game on sale. Buy games if you want to encourage a developer to make more stuff like them.

Also I did pirate DD as well, I pirated it before I bought it to see if it was good. There's never anything wrong with pirating, the only thing that's wrong is giving your money to developers that don't deserve it or not giving money to the ones that do.

Graphicsfagging is cancerous, but a game should have the features and appearance it advertises. Otherwise it's intentionally misleading and false advertising. It's illegal, but for some reason normalfags love being exploited and overspending on products.

The whole game's a massive downgrade from the original concept made by Nomura and his team. Remember all that cool shit we saw in the old trailers? It's been made into a movie.

I'm still put off by what a bunch of cunts they were about that.

Both are cancerous, fam. Being obsessed with graphics makes you a retard but blatantly lying to customers is faggotry that should be exposed.

GTA 4:

GTA 5:

Goddamn, fuck GTA 5. The police system is why I played through GTA 5 once and still occasionally play 4 when I'm bored and want a decent open-world game.

Console peasants deserve to be lied to.

It was also heavily shilled that you could hide yourself by staying in the bushes and nobody would see you but that was rendered obsolete when they would hone into your position anyway and thus "accidentally" stumble upon you. The police car AI was also made even dumber, while in previous GTA titles they would try to spin you around, in V they just bump into your rear which magically forces your tires to face in a completely fucking different direction.

It's not even false advertising because the game isn't even out yet you fucking retard. Seriously, what the fuck is it with this meme? If people preordered it, they can cancel it after seeing the demo. If anything, they're being more STRAIGHTFORWARD by releasing a demo before the release date with the actual graphics.

30 fps vs 60 fps

Pic related

The downgraded version still needs a beefy rig to run. A version that looks much better would be even worse.

You think I'm rich enough to do that?
Besides, the only developer who is still making decent games is the witcher studio.
The gothic and DOW 1 makers are practically dead to me.

I would have bought elex 1-2 months after release if I were rich and if I had a PC to run it on.
I would have bought Witcher 3 by now (been on sale a few times) but it wouldn't work on this PC.

I can barely afford them on sale though.

you mean CHEAT on people

Its also been scientifically proven that your mom can store a lot of semen

pick one, you fucking faggot

I blame KH3

epic strawman, "its just a beta" implies that the product will get better. what im saying is that they released a demo to make people aware of the shit they're ACTUALLY getting into before releasing it as a game. Stop being a fuckwit and think for once. A company trying to false advertise wouldn't release a demo of what the game is like BEFORE they even get paid.

thanks for reminding me why video games are shit and that I'll always be left to the mercy of the jew

Not to mention all the unneeded tesselation they added in to it with their deal with Nvidia. I remember plenty of anons calling them sellouts when it was going down and saying that the port to consoles that the french developers sued them over is what killed cdprojektred's future.

disgusting

wow, I haven't seen her since unhappily ever after, that's a real heartbreaker.

I've been pirating since the Atari 8bit age (yknow back when you could dump your cartridges to floppy disk with a simple program).

I have always supported the game/companies that deserved it….today there are almost zero that should make you part with your shekels.

This industry is corrupt and it needs to die completely. Once dead the phoenix will rise…resurrected by the ones who care most.

That wasn't so much a downgrade as getting TODDED. You could point to any fucking Bethesda game post-Morrowind and point out the exact same bullshit.

Fallout 3 was exactly the same as it was shown at E3.

The original non-downgraded version was running at 60fps on SLI 770s. The downgraded version can't even hold 60fps on a 980ti. It's almost like they downgraded more than just the graphics

rarity doesn't mean shit

fuck off

I don't mind bad graphics, I'm just irritated by false advertisement. Even then, it's not going to prevent me from playing the game.

Inflation fetishist detected

I kind of liked how everyone looked slightly angrier and edgier in GGXX. All the new characters are pretty bland

3D was a mistake

but it was basically a non issue that only autistic germans had problems with, same deal with people getting upset over the consolization of the game and more accessible features like potions

I swear consoles are a fucking blight

Only reason there's no reason to get upset with that is because The Witcher 2 was already consolized, there is plenty of reason to be upset that the game was dumbed down made more "accessible" to the console audience

How new are you kiddo? Sony invented the bullshot, they always use it, every time. You think sonynnigers are called that because they are actually niggers?

Correct me if I'm stupid but this image is false right?

Is it possible to design more generic looking characters than those two faggots?

Cherry picking the thread for what?

Loli and DFC is truly superior.

You're not an intelligent person.

pls

I'm pretty sure his point was that people were aware of the problems, which renders the previous statement false

gta 4
gta 5

sorry user but i think you might be retarded

Those photos of Rose McGowan are far apart, like 5-6 years.

From what I recall, she got into a car accident and got terrible plastic surgery to cover it up. Kinda like how Mickey Rourke became a monster.

I swear to god, the next time someone says diminishing returns I am shooting up a synagogue.

GTA 4

GTA 5

Devs need the clear message people prefer their best work at low res rather than reduced at high res.

System:
Build world for 270i
Let system speed determine framerate (unlocked)
Use heavy motion blur joining frames so no objects jump in position. No stutter.
2D elements at higher res, blended with the same post effects like everything else to suit the scene.

Aim for quality.

Order areas to suit the framerate needed for the gameplay within them. Also alter gameplay to suit areas. For example:

Areas meant to look around in: Very slow movement and turning. All animations very slow.

I don't like the sound of this.
Retain same movement. Fuck the world. Run everywhere and look better than the world.

Turn speed should remain constant. Controls reliable. By time. Framerate irrelevant. Simply more motion blur the more the hardware is struggling.

Aiming should always be at the highest framerate a screen can display as ease and precision is most important then. Over all other considerations.

Acheive a higher framerate by rendering everything away from where is aimed in a lower resolution toward the edge of the screen/away from the focal point moving around. Heavily blur the reduced res and increase motion blur within it.

—
People need to see things vastly exceeding their expectations. If their doubt is not being destroyed it is building. Better their wonder builds the world more.

weak clickb8 video
It was a glitch in early versions of the next-gen edition that animals seeing you commit crimes acted as though pedestrians saw you and called the cops

Isn't it great that when we know someone on the internet is going to be wrong in a few years, we can actually track them down after they've been proven wrong, share evidence of our rightness, and make them receive our laughter composed into a post?

Our grandparents never knew these petty joys. What a time to be alive.

sage because I'm not discussing vidya really

Go big or go home.

The joke is that an older title in the franchise got released a year after the console release of the latest one.

Enjoy your browser history.

Your actions don't falsify theirs, they affirm them.
We build from and with eachother.

As regards art. There needs to be matter for people to talk about.
Art is like communication. A worldwide spread by it's worth.

Art travels because it's impressive. It is the standard.
To outdo.

Hudson should be in another movie/game.
While the rest are sheltering themselves in ignorance Hudson can wake them up.

No plans, get the fuck out now, move!
He was right. Draw the fucking plans and catch up.

Design for Aliens is spot on. Built for situation and to last.

Anyone confronted by this kind of stupidity needs to assume command immediately. Aliens would be surrounding them and ascertaining exits. They were not in a good position.

That shit happens. Anyone tries to calm you down discredit them from their speech, they are speaking what they need to hear. Their throat is sounding out the enemies orders.

Should have moved to transports of any sort. Time to go. Where? Away. Tell dropship not to land but provide as much air support as they have ammo. Fire in the opposite direction of transport set down in transports drive path and lift off the second it's onboard.

Go back with a maintained supply line and search for survivors area by area. Waste ammo not lives. Survivors quarantined, frozen and unfucked. Give the planet a makeover. Freeze it. Form the aliens into humans.

Make weapons to fuck them harder. Follow them back and say hello. Extract owed lives.

Aliens enabled to live independently. Assume much to them. Keep distance. Don't want to develop from them. Not entitled to that information. Didn't/haven't earned it. Don't need to live by exploration. Though that is quite incredible. Assuming it's built for yoh might be sound, if still vain. If it exists you improve it. Form a good challenge at least. To keep it and yourself.

One of these fucking days I'm going to know what the fuck is wrong with the way you write. You a schizo or something?

Looks like SE is going after the WRPG audience. I hope they fail. Looks like the burger like the new look more which is expected since they have mental illness and raised that way. The older the women the more they like it just like the opposite of normal male behavior. I even saw comments like she was too pretty. Being too pretty is bad thing now? These people are fucked up.

Dragon's Dogma may be one giant downgrade compared to what the devs wanted to make, but the result is still leagues above the average game's quality.

Keep telling yourself that, flatty.

Source on the non-downgraded versions performance on that hardware?

You shouldn't have been taught to read or write. All you do with the skill is put bullshit on my screen from a thousand miles away.

wow

That console power in action.

Nah, both are shit.

Don't forget how far back this goes.

You must be very very young if you think thats where it started…

I'd call myself young and the first MAJOR downgrade I watched unfold in real-time was the entirety of last-gen. Every single "demo" in 2004 was pre-rendered out the ass future graphics that we'd have trouble running in real-time even now. It was quite the eye opener for teenage me.

Just don't fucking lie in advertisements.
That's all anybody really wants.

Even casuals are getting sick of this shit if NSM is any indication.

Yes. It's called "blazblue." Sol and Ky are cool. fuck off.

Shut up nigger

what

The worst thing about false advertisement is that it makes me feel like they've wasted tons of money on stuff that never got into the game, meaning the game could be 30 dollar instead of 60 if they managed their project much better.

It didn't start there, no, but people tend to only post the most recent shit in regards to consoles lying their asses off.
Naughty Dog is, in my opinion, just as if not more guilty compared to Ubisoft.
Been in the image boards since 06 user, just trying to emphasize, this shit goes back.

vid unrelated to age, but related to topic

How is "not lying in advertisement" going to pay off for a big publisher? It isn't.

These companies only got as big as they did by creating lowest common denominator shit games and marketing them like they're revolutionary when they're actually the safest bets you could possibly make. All the games they make are "slightly bigger and easier version of what typically worked in the past". There is no way for these companies to turn around now and start telling the truth. Their business model is disconnected from the truth. They aren't set up to produce good games or games that last, quite the opposite. They produce shiny apples so you buy them, but then when you bite the apple it's at best servicable. This way you get bored and are soon ready to GET HYPED for a new shiny apple. By the way, with this one we really listened to your feedback and improved every aspect of the apple biting experience. Rinse and repeat.

It took them decades to get sick so how many more decades until they stop jew-ordering and day-one-buying on "shiny" impulse? I think it's about demographics. We went from high IQ nerds (90s PC and earlier) to average IQ normalfags (consoles since Playstation) to low IQ non-Whites (consoles since PS2) and even non-gamers (consoles since the Wii) as the main market that dictates the general quality of games. New buyers entered the market and FORCED the publishers to produce shit games, by buying shit games. A publisher has to make money. They really do not have a choice.

What we need to get the high quality niche games we're all waiting for is small studios that explicitely set out to NOT grow, to NOT go public, to NOT sign contracts with major publishers etc. Only so many people will ever have that vision and the talent and determination to see it through and actually succeed at it. It's a long shot and I don't blame devs who settle for less. All I can do as a consumer is not buy any bad games and hope that others slowly wise up and do the same.

In the 90's either Sony or PS1 developers got called out for false advertising because they were showing the much better looking character models from in game FMV's/cutscenes instead of the actual images (crappy looking, low poly) from the game on the back of box/or for promo advertising.

Vidya is doomed, fam. It will never get better again.
Just like classical music.

The real joke is that sales are at an all time low despite this lovely setup they've made.
I don't think I've seen people not buying shit in such large amounts.
Thief 4, DMC DMC, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, new Ass Creed sales, Star Wars Battlefront 3, Tomb Raider's TWO games, Splinter Cell Blacklist.

All games with marketing and budget up the ass that nobody really cared for that continue to make the higher ups nervous because IP can't even be trusted at this point.

They poisoned the well, user, all that's left is the crash or a major, major restructuring.

Do you have numbers to back up the implication that these games were commercial failures? Some of them like DmC or the newest Tomb Raider I know bombed. Blacklist "underperformed" according to Ubisoft. But new Battlefront? I'm afraid that's wishful thinking. Battlefront sold over 10 million copies, there's no way they didn't make a profit off that. A sequel is in the works for next year.

I don't think they did. I think their marketing budgets have simply hit diminishing returns and they are slow to wake up to it. They pendulum has swung one way for so long they forgot it can swing the other way. Their approach is still working but less so than it did 5 years ago. A correction is necessary and we're already seeing it. Take for example Quake Champions. That's BETHESDA suddenly spending money on a PC ONLY ARENA SHOOTER. That simply wouldn't have happened last gen or even a few years ago. Quake Live's long, troubled development is proof of that.

The race to the bottom (simpler controls, shallower mechanics etc.) with ever expanding marketing budgets has an expiration date and it's wise to "diversify" more and more the closer they get to a potential crisis. But we're hardly talking about a crash, I'm afraid. By the time their biggest franchises decline they will have their catalog of smaller, less risky projects to fall back on. Look at Hollywood. How many decades have they been ramping up the budgets? Still no crash. Still breaking new records. Doing so with diminishing returns, yes. But noone is going bankrupt, the system holds up. Hollywood rediscovered smaller projects via their faux "indie" studios like Fox Searchlight. With these operations they have a stable stream of revenue underneath the blockbuster business. In the same way the big game publishers will buy up smaller studios and keep them small to produce a continuous stream of smaller games. The overflow of random crowd funding successes demonstrates the potential to make money with smaller games and the publishers can't say no to money. The main reason it takes a while is, as I said earlier, they are currently set up for anything but small projects. They need to invest in smaller studios and re-learn how to make small games from scratch. Small games target customers who know what they want - that's the opposite of big games which are made for people who don't have the faintest idea what they want and can be told what to want with enough advertising. This is why it takes time. This and the realities of organizations with hierarchies where everyone who is at the top now made it there by singing along with the "bigger games, more marketing" mantra for decades.