I swear to god I'm not a shill

I've been thinking about getting an Xbone S. Now, I know what you're going to say - I'm a retard, it has no exclusives that aren't coming to PC, >paying for online, and etc.

Anyway, I already have the other consoles, and I've got a gaming PC. However, I am NOT updating to Windows 10, fuck that, I use Linux as my daily driver and although I have Win 7 as a dualboot I don't trust an "automatic" Windows 10 update to not overwrite my grub.

Now for the reasons I'm interested - I guess I'll just list them?
1. I never had a 360, back-compat is appealing to me.
2. HDMI-in is cool, since I can always have the Xbone on without worrying about switching cables or inputs to use it.
3. I really, really like Forza. The Xbone has Forza 5 (shitty), Forza 6 (good), and Forza Horizon 2/3. There are some other games I'd like to play as well.
4. A few of my IRL friends have an Xbone, so it would be nice to have one as well.
5. The 4k Blu Ray support seems nice, I don't have a 4k TV yet but I'll probably be getting one later this year since the prices have been going down.
6. The damn thing is pretty fucking cheap. Now, non-s systems are like $250 with 2-3 games, but even the s has a few bundles with a few games at $300. I can get an Xbone S with 2 games and 6 months of XBL for $300.

I know this sounds like a shill thread, but I'm completely serious. Would getting an Xbone S be a horrible decision in my case?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/GJVXkT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not all 360 games are backwards compatible, you have to wait for them to be made so.

So youre just a retard? A child?

Yes.

I understand that, but from what I'm seeing there's decent support already, and they've been consistent at adding games.

How am I retarded? Give specifics, don't just say "hurr durr since you want an xbone"

Why?

You realize that once you get it your friends will stop using that Xbone right? It's how it always ends up.
Don't buy it.

It would be a horrible decision in any case.

If it's an exclusive by definition it wouldn't be coming to PC, no?

Good that you know it

They didn't stop using their PS4s when I got mine, though.

Fair enough distinction, but as far as I'm concerned a Windows 10 release is worthless to me. FUCK Windows 10.

Fine, let's go down your list.

1. 360 games are shit, and this is coming from someone who used to have one. You're not missing out on anything except Forza and Halo.
2. Why would you always keep your console running, especially one as poorly made as this?
3. Forza is awful unless you're extremely autistic about cars (which you seem to be)
4. Your friends are retarded.
5. Nobody uses Blu Ray, not even Sony.
6. It's cheaper to not buy it at all.

You don't really think any games worth playing are coming to Windows 10, do you?

Keep in mind OP, if you can't play weebshit the underage faggots here will call it shit.

You would be better off with a modded 360, for 360 games.
Windows 10 is no different than a modern console, in regards to updates and privacy. Just encrypt your Linux drives and dual boot win10, if you really want to play win10 exclusives.

1. I had a 360 for a few years before selling it. Viva Pinata was fun, the aforementioned Forza was fun, Blue Dragon was nice, Lost Odyssey was nice. There were good games on the system, and since they're all so cheap now I'm interested in checking out the library.
2. Standby is a thing, plus you don't know shit about computers. It's actually HEALTHIER for a Computer to be on for a longer period of time, than to turn it on and off constantly.
3. I love driving sims, and Forza is one of the better ones.
4. You aren't wrong.
5. Sony isn't using it because they want people to stream shit, horrible argument.
6. True, but I want it.

I own a Vita/PS4 for weebshit already.

You came to the wrong place to discuss this, OP. Holla Forums is a terrible place to discuss vidya or gaming machines. Too many bitter NEETs here that think like hipsters, thinking that hating everything vaguely popular is the same as having taste.

forza is shit lol
friends are shit lol
tv is shit lol
paying for games is shit lol

I sold my 360 games when I sold my 360.

I remember being told that years ago but I can't help but still feel skeptical about it.
I can't see many games that are Xbone exclusive being good enough to get the console for them. Maybe Scalebound, but after that awful E3 showing, I'm not so sure.

Well I guess on one hand there's the wear you can expect from constant use

On the other hand I guess you can argue heating and cooling components makes them wear down faster

Honestly doubt there's any noticeable difference unless you live in the arctic and OC your components to hit 90+, and cycle between two extremes constantly.

No matter what position you are in, no matter how much fucking money you have, buying a console after 2006 is a big fucking mistake, and even worse if its the fucking Xbone with nogaems.

Why did you make a thread if you're this retarded?

By all means, go and buy it, who cares. Go and eat shit like the retard that you are,

Yeah, me too faggot, except I didn't get cold feet about it afterwards.

Well you can play this, that's one of the only perks about owning an xbone

You're more like a cuck.

I don't know why you would expect the Xbone to handle being on 24/7 when the 360 fell apart at a warm breeze.

how does it feel to be an inferior pleb

Save your money, buy an OG Xbox with some games.
There's a brick-and-mortar store in my area selling them for the price of 2 SA subs, shouldn't be hard to find for you.

I mean you already have a ps4/vita/pc so looks to me like you are quite wealthy. I would say go for it since 300$ is probably nothing to you and the xbone has crossplatform with PC so it's not like you are missing much.

Was the red ring of death because of the console heating too much and melting some of the metal or plastic glue or something?
Never happened to me once, and happened to my uncle 4 times.

If you have a 4k TV getting the Xbone S is a better decision than if you have a 1080p TV. Why you ask? Because 720p, the typical Xbone rendering res, scales better to 4k than to 1080p.

I'm thinking about it mainly for the 4K bluray player, but I'd like there to be at least a few games on it that I'm interested in playing. There currently aren't.

In general, yes. In your case, it sounds like you make a habit of horrible decisions, so it's not any worse than actually buying into the 4K meme or the other shitty current gen consoles. Have fun pissing money away.

You'd think that.

Then just buy a 360, it's way cheaper.

Buy an HDMI switch, moron.

I don't trust Windows 10 to not fuck over my Linux install, I'd be pretty impressed if just owning an Xbone would fuck it over.

If you're implying my PS4 purchase was a poor one, I've got my money's worth out of it. Think what you want, but I'm happy with it.

Listen you cuck you want to play 360 games you go out to a pawnshop and buy the 360. Get a cable for the controller while you're at it because old 360 controllers eats batteries at a ridiculous speed.

Is this one of those threads where the OP is an enormous faggot who asks for an opinion, but no matter what the majority of anons say, he's gonna keep with his original plan of being completely retarded anyways, hence making this thread pointless?

Buy a new HDD and install Windows 10 on it then you faggot

Jesus, I think racing games are even more normalfag than AAA FPS games at this point.

Hopefully. There's only a few people in here posting informative and useful shit. The rest is just the standard all console owners must die shit. Everybody gets it by now, PC gaming is superior almost always. Better graphics, games, modding, user control, etc etc. But consoles still have a number of games no PC has, and some other misc benefits.

Is it region free?

Can you wait for a year? The next gen is coming next year with the Xbox Scorpio.

As an aside, it's better to keep your computer running because of the stress of starting and stopping spinning disks, like a HDD. Once it's starts spinning, it takes very little effort to keep it spinning which means the motor doesn't wear as often as constantly winding up and down. With solid state drives, doesn't matter either way. All other components seem to be relatively unaffected by this, save for maybe fans.

Because it's a completelt different architecture? Are you actually retarded?

This is a much better plan for 360 games, OP. Plus I thought you could get some kind og CFW for 360's and play backups from a HDD. Or am I mistaken?

Who could have seen that coming?!

The heat sink and mainboard would warp, and twist until the GPU popped off like twisting an ice cube tray.

Im buying an Xbone S controller

Racing games have a dedicated fanbase. FPS games are played by just about anyone.

Happened to me once, but it was still under warranty. My "fixed" 360 later died under different circumstances, and my cousin bought be a 360 Elite since I wasn't planning on replacing it.

He went through 6 360's. Fucking SIX of them. Though in the interest of honesty, only four of them were replacements to broken consoles. The other two were special-editions/redesigns.

The only thing that would make it remotely worth it is the 4K Blue-Ray player.
But why the flying fucking would you buy a 4K TV for that crap, let along only for movies?
If it isn't a 4K monitor for your PC then it's not fucking worth it.

Buy a 360 or an original xbox if you want to play the old games.
Or upgrade your PC.

t. Shill

Are they actually patched or is it another case of them being emulated horribly like Xbox on 360?

If you weren't a shill you'd say "I'm thinking of buying xbone S, I don't want windows 10 and I have dualboot. What do?"

SAGE + FILTER OP
REPORT TOO IF YOU'RE FEELING FRISKY

kys

This gen makes early 6th look like it has games in comparison.

Gee, it's not like Microsoft has a history of releasing shitty hardware or anything, right?
Some of us can actually take a fucking hint.

case in point

I'm pretty sure this is the way all "convince me" or "convince me not to…" threads go anyway.

As for OP, the only thing that made it worth it for me was pretty much all of my old games being backwards compatible. I threw some money at the MCC mainly because I wanted to see how shit Halo 4 was from the other three. Games that come with the subscription are usually pretty good too.

Don't buy into the 4k meme at least until Scorpio is given a chance to prove itself. 4k just for the videos isn't worth it, unless you're either the member of some media enthusiast tracker or pay for your 4k pipeline kek if you do.

Underpowered is one thing, but somehow you know it's shit because the last generation overheated? Not because it's underpowered? Fuck off.

Fuck, we've been bamboozled

Reported

Consoles killing themselves from lite use is p. serious fam

Emulation for the most part is better than Original Xbox emulation on 360, some games even run better, but late-era 360 games have a lot of slowdown because the One's CPU isn't powerful enough to emulate those games properly.

Is that literally the only thing the xbone shills have going for them? Still?

fucking tip top jej gameboy.

JUST BUY A BUDGET BUILD AND SELL YOUR COMPUTER YOU CUCK
this one is around better/equivalent of current gen hardware (i.e. Shitstation 4 and fuckbox wun) plus it functions as a home computer and all previous consoles before last gen

Oops forgot link, silly me.
pcpartpicker.com/list/GJVXkT

It's not a safe space, we just don't want shitters and people obviously advertising coming to our board and being shitheads.
Plus it's not like we can really do anything about it unless you broke a rule.

Nice try AMD shill. The intel for the same price is much better for emulating cube and ps2. Check em.

which model?

It's terrible actually, way too much lag to use as intended. Even the most virulent xbox fans admit this feature was very poorly implemented to the point of being useless, look it up for yourself. I don't know if this is still the case with the newer version so they might have fixed it.

The only reason why it's in there is to let Microsoft spy on the content you're passing through it. That combined with the always listening, always watching camera that was originally required for using the xbone(along with an internet connection) is why this console received so much consumer backlash at reveal.

By purchasing this console you're telling the industry that fucking over consumers to the fullest extent of the law is perfectly fine and that they should continue doing so. Don't.

See ya later, cunt! We'll always be on the lookout for faggots like you.

Well, I'm glad they got better at that. It's a real shame that didn't work out better on 360, there'd be more reason to hold onto one.

All of them are hardmods though. I'm talking shit like flashing the DVD drive or using a modchip to get the JTAG or RGH

yeah

4K isn't the standard for consumer yet considering 4K display is still expensive as fuck. even then, nobody want to waste their bandwith streaming 4K movies.
Like it or not, 1080p is still what the majority of consumer use, 4K is for that high end peoples with disposable income.

Fuck off gook.

From what I'm reading, since that is handled with software 720p streams have very little lag. It should work fine with my Wii U.

Just like the Xbox compatibility on 360 right?

Just wait until its 100% backwards compatible and buy it then. Forza isn't going anywhere and the only thing you're gonna do with your friends is play Destiny or some other shitty MMO.