New Armored Core game?

dualshockers.com/2016/09/14/new-armored-core-game-currently-in-development-hidetaka-miyazaki-confirms/
What will tomorrow brings us?

Anyway, Armored Core thread. Other mech games are fine too.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/29vUw
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/30/playstation-now-september-update-pc-streaming-6-greatest-hits/
archive.is/DDCXm
steamdb.info/blog/recent-package-name-additions/
ggame.jp/gb3/ms.php?co=11404
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thank fuck a game that isn't a Souls.

I will go back to this thread after they announce PC release date.

nice

Probably PS4 exlusive.

Doubt it.
On current PS4 architecture only reason to make exclusives is Sony paying you to do so.
And I doubt they put money on mech game.

it must have been so bad not having another armored core game in the past 3 years. It's not like there hasn't been 20 of them being pushed out.

there was talks about from developing a PSVR game, this is probably it. So yeah it's most probably gonna be exclusive, especially considering some of Sony's recent comments.

Expect PC gamers to cry over it.

Can't fucking wait.

Armored souls where you play as new human/human+ and kill other sub humans and steal their data. Mechs are just bosses and pvp.

Kill me

twin stick for ps4 when?
TWIN STICK FOR PS4 WHEN?
TWIN STICK FOR PS4 WHEN?

Hopefully after what they've been doing with DaS they start releasing them on PC
I want mech games damn it

Will I still have to hold the controller backwards?

Except they're all different games that only reuse assets for visuals. Unlike CODs and Marios that all have new graphics each time, but play absolutely the same.

Oh lord, the salt if its PS4 exclusive will be fucking glorious.

If it is I guarantee there'll be folks gushing out of the woodwork to say Armored Core was never good.

Thats the only explanation, just how drastically unfinished and broken multi plat Dark souls MUST be better than Demons or Bloodborne for reasons certain people swear on their mum but desperately skirt around.

I'm sorry, but this is not acceptable.

Its 30 fps on the PS4pro too, so that's dead.

Almost everything after getting the lordvessel is worse. Bed of Chaos is inexcusable design.

Pretty much.
I was really looking forward to it.

I'd rather not play a good game on 30 fps, than play it and suffer from it.

archive.is/29vUw

Stop trying to start platform war shit, please.

AC5 and VD weren't that good, so I'm not sure if this one will be.
BB was great though, it showed From still have the ability to make good games. I just hope they remember how to make good AC games.

What's the bet it'll be some F2P shit with AC Parts locked behind microtransactions?

I don't think From has ever done that before, why would they do it now?
AC's fanbase isn't the kind that would play F2P games, anyway.

Fuck yes.
It better not be another disaster like 5.

I believe there's an AC game on PS3 that is F2P. Available only with JP accounts. Uses the stamina type system for F2P.

I would, if the gameplay is decent, but only because I'm so starved of new mech games

Yeah I mean shit there have only been two since DaS1, it's fucking suffering

this is gonna be a disaster no matter what

AC3 era fags will be angry if they'll make it For Answer style
AC4 era fags will be angry if they'll slow down the game without any way to go fast
AC5 era fags will be angry because Titanfall 2 flops and they'll go shill it on neogaf
AC2 era fags will be angry because nobody cares about them
those who played AC1 games will be fine either way or don't play videogames anymore

You seem to act like people only like one AC you triplenigger.

I'd prefer if AC stayed AC instead of becoming a mecha-souls hybrid.

I played the first armored core for PSX when I was in middle school. I remember hating it and ignoring the whole series from then on.

ZoE plays fucking nothing like Souls

Luckily the 'muh lore' faggots wont care about it, but if patches shows up i expect shitkings like 'sunlight blades top 10 everythings nobody cares bout' and oroboro will try and shill it as a pvp game.

I'm an AC2 fan but I like all of the games of the series, excluding 5 and VD.
I think most AC fans are like me and can enjoy what each game has to offer.

It's going to happen either way at this point, whether they're similar or not

the "muh pvp" souls faggots are the worst part of them.

Wasnt the last one shit?

Do you think when miyazaki revived kings field as Demons Souls for the ps3 it would lead to dudebro skinheads making 'sick kill montage' wubstep videos?

WEW

give proof

Just because it's not a primarily pvp focused game doesn't mean people can't think the pvp is good

Fucking normalfags ruin everything.

Dont make me post alt right icon pepe the grinch user.

Armored core is not that type of mecha game

Fuck yes, Armored Core.

I was put off by V, didn't even try VD, but I have too many fond memories of For Answer to not be happy for a new one.

AC games always have a casual filter, moreso than any souls game. And normalfags can't justify playing it to their friends/virtue signal about being a diverse individual with hobbies.

AC is almost immune to these faggots. The only thing it suffers from is tryhards in multi who petition to get game features changed because of "muh difficulty"

See: Last Raven OP-Intensify controversy

You would hope, but us monun fags thought this 5 years ago and now its full of french shitters and normalfags playing it because capcom paid youtube 'influencers' to tell them its the new 'souls like' of choice.

IT HAPPENED TO ME, IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOUUUUUU

I doubt it, most people just don't like mechs, let alone slow, plodding ones.

I hope you are right, it probably helps that giant robots are anathema to normalfags.

You tell yourself that user. Hope for it. Long for it.

Then it just takes one soulsfag to post a sponsored video for it all to go Komm susser tod on your ass.

where's ace combat 7 and nioh

Soon

lol

tell any normalfag that you like games with giant robots fighting or some other watered down explanation and they'll immediately shutdown

I'm not sure what it is but it's kind of like responding to "what books do you like" with "plato's symposium" or something of the like. People immediately size up that you are actually serious/appreciate the hobby and leave it alone

part of the marketing for titan fall was attacking classic mechs from things like mech warrior, steel battalion, and of course armored core. "these aren't your dads mechs."

no proof, kill yourself faggot

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/30/playstation-now-september-update-pc-streaming-6-greatest-hits/
lol

There doesn't need to be any proof. It is common knowledge PS4 was specifically made more similar to PC after last generation was way different.
It wasn't announced on any platform yet but it would be unwise to think company who already made a lot of games for PC and PS to not continue this.

Not to mention Nier was also announced as PS4 exclusive so we really have no idea what developers of Ace Combat and Nioh will do.

But well I am naive to believe someone who is trolling by pretending to be retarded to stop doing this.

streaming? really?

Ill enjoy the salt when the PC ports are announced, just like Nier.

yeah but you linked a paid subscription streaming service as proof the game is coming to the pc

are you retarded? Really, do you eat dirt leisurely?

That's not proof, though I'll admit it was very encouraging to see nier go multiplat.
All sony has to do is get desperate and start throwing around money like a retarded child and games like nioh are locked to aging hardware forever. With their gaming division desperate to remain profitable, anything can happen.

You cant see the connection?
archive.is/DDCXm

Not enough money for that, most third parties give no fucks anymore.

and what does this have to do with a pc port of nioh and ace combat 7? I'm not opposed to it happening, I'm saying until they announce it, it might as well not exist.

Some people think that way, but most people are super uninformed and don't even get that far into it, and they see mechs as kiddie shit because of stuff like power rangers and the few more cartoony mech series that appeared on toonami back in the day

a lot of them see it as over-intimidating and daunting to get into. That or they think giant robots are lame.

Chromehounds was almost that kind of mecha game and it was made by From. Comparing the different generations of Armored Core reveals no consistency in gameplay style besides "autism required to git gud". If AC6 is the PSVR title From is working on it's quite likely that it'll be relatively slow, stompy and from a 1st person perspective inside the cockpit.

Some shit weeb game with unrealistic mechs with huge ass crosshairs a blind man can see where all you do is slide sideways and fire just like a Meme Souls game

Lmao

steamdb.info/blog/recent-package-name-additions/

Sure worked out for the "Half-Life 3 leaks", right?

You can play as human+ in the majority of the AC games by simply failing really badly and AC3-SiltentLine beating the game and 99% completion in that order although it's called OP-Intensify and it's an optional part. AC4 onwards doesn't have either of those however.

What anime?

Please, let it have a functional single player.
I can survive without multiplayer, I made it this long in this world without online multiplayer.

My heart can't take another Armored Core : Lag Rockets.

I just want to build, customize , detail and design my own Core. Just like the old days.
I want to go back to being Platlabor or even Full Metal Panic! at the least, no more of this being Zippy Do Dah Trans-Am Gundams.

AC5V was a nice throw back but something felt off..

=ONE MORE THING=

FROM SOFTWARE
DON'T ACT LIKE WE DIDN'T SEE YOU MAKE THAT SHITTY STEEL BATTALION GAME

There is absolutely nothing to suggest it wouldn't have single player

other games have come true though, like EDF 4.1 for example

I wonder if FROM will be better or worse at making menus after all those souls games

Please, no. The Steel Battalion game was made centered around a gimmick and that was terrible.

They're working on a PSVR game and this is their only franchise that'd fit. Doubt they'd go the Move waggle route with this, it'll just control normally and have the PSVR mode as an option you can use if you want but don't have to.

Demons was shit, you faggots only like it because it came out on the PS3 and was one of its few solid titles, same with Blood Borne except Blood Borne is good.

You faggots are like hillary supporters you have one argument that is fucking repeated endlessly as if it will mystically make it true.
Was Dark Souls rushed, Yes.
Was it worse then DeS because of it? No.

They could go with souls for easy bank, retarded normalfags would by it regardless of it makes sense or not.

FROM is questionable at times even without gimmicks like adding VR shit. So I doubt whatever is using that gimmick from them will be of any quality.

As opposed to their other first-person games, like King's Field?

Well shit, the scales have fallen from my eyes, I can't believe I never realized why I really liked Demon's Souls

Your Waifu is Shit Now Die

What the sweet jesus fuck

I swear to god if these fuckers retract their statement

archive.is/29vUw

Worse than DeS? I wouldn't say that. Honestly, nowadays I think each title in this series is pretty much on par with each other, maybe with the exception of DaS2, but mostly its artistic direction that's lacking.

Certain elements these games have I see it as being "two steps forward, two steps back" sort of way. Short example, I like DaS's interconnected world, but as a result of that, I don't enjoy the pacing and the idea of being forced to walk for miles just to meet a specific merchant. It adds nothing to the experience, and I just end not bother doing certain things until I get the Lordvessel (which is the part the game shits itself because the later areas are linear and boring).

does that shit goes anywhere?

I'll believe it when they fucking announce it.

That is indeed a booty.

She dies. So does he. A lot.

im asking about character development and marriage, but i guess im asking to much for a cartoon.

If they make a new Armored Core game will they let you kill everyone?

But I like both 3 and 4's gameplay

He rejects her, as he loves another woman.
For a cninese cartoon rezero have pretty cool characters.

It still fucks my ass that they're sticking with worst girl as the main love interest
Haremshit doing this is usually understandable, but for fuck's sake most of the supporting cast gets more screentime and character than her

it adds a lot to the experience, I think you may have missed out on or are retroactively failing to recall it.

There's a stark sense of dread when you press onto new areas in dark souls, where you have an anchor bonfire that connects you safely to a region you're rather familiar with to when you push on into a new area. The more progress you make, the farther you are from that anchor bonfire. Once you find a new bonfire, you can be a very long way away from familiar territory, and if you decide to use the bonfire, that essentially stuck you in that spot until you got past it or did the dreadful task of backtracking out of it.

Interconnecting the world also provided a strong sense of cohesion and gave you the chance to observe how each area was positioned and how it worked, complemented or contrasted an existing area.

Dark Souls has its major issues with level design, enemy placement, boss design, and it does hurt the game in many ways. Nothing in the final version of demon's souls is outright bad, especially to the point of it being unenjoyable like lost izalith and the bed of chaos can be.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 are also the weakest installments in the type of game by Fromsoft. 3 is acceptable, but it's pretty poorly planned out at times. Lots of missed opportunities with level mechanics, and despite having all the build variety, nothing is as remotely enjoyable as what is possible in bloodborne. Dunno about you, but I'd rather have great game play than shallow, unsatisfying choices in builds I'm likely never going to use.

This triggers the nintendrone

Sounds to me like you're a pussy. Regularly playing the Armored Core series I am pretty much used to From Soft's dick moves it likes to use. I'm not sure about King's Field but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were dicks when they designed those games too.

Bloodborne is essentially designed around rushdown builds, and Dark Souls 3 took a page out of Bloodborne design instead of Dark Souls because Miyazaki obviously wanted to do another Bloodborne.

miyazaki was just consulting and doing work on world building with dark souls 3.

Good job on dismissing the point entirely without actually approaching any of the arguments. From's best games were also classic xbox exclusive.

That all sounds good on paper, and maybe I don't recall my first playthough of DaS very well, but after hundreds of hours of repetition? That sense of mystery and dread definitely wears off, you get desensitized and all you see is numbers, hit points, health bars, the wikis, the build planners and the attack patterns that you exploit with iframes to punish the enemy. Like what ends up happening with virtually any game you play, really.

One of the differences with say, Demon's, is that game brings you into the action a lot quicker. There's less down time, or "filler" so to speak, and taking in the atmosphere of areas like Tower of Latria is more of a complement and icing on the cake, rather than the main attraction.

Don't care about any of the other shit you wrote.

Ignoring the PS1, PS3 and 4, and the 360 and Xbone. The majority of titles between 360 and PS2 is on the PS2 the four Xbox titles are as follows : Otogi, Otogi 2, Murakumo, and Metal Wolf Chaos.

I like Metal Wolf Chaos but the rest of their games is on the PS2 m8.

I thought they were switching over to best girl after they eskimo kissed after killing the whale.

They're also working on an original mecha ip, so they might slot that in there.

I hope you like light armour and rolling, because everything else is gimped.

The best girl is obviously bootleg Lyn.
What's up with Holla Forums's obsession with subhumans?

Do these games emulate well? I've only been able to play at friends houses and that was years ago so I'd like to try them out, I have a ps2 and 3 but I don't like my chances of finding copies without resorting to ebay or something.

user, most of them are PS2 games
Fuck no they don't emulate well
And I can't speak for all of them, but the last time I tried to play the PSP port of last raven it kept crashing during the first mission, which was probably a blessing anyway since >single joystick

No. Just buy them off jewbay, they're pretty cheap except for Nexus.

I've been playing the fuck out of AC for Answer after buying it for peanuts, but I take it from this thread that V isn't worth playing?

V is very, very different from For Answer. It is slower, you can't fly and can only jump and use walls to gain height by kicking them tanks can't kick and so can't gain altitude and there is a rock-paper-scissors style defense to parts that makes the rather interesting weapons more situational than they needed to be.

If you must get one, get VD rather than V. VD at least has some single player meat to it, while V is primarily online.

Wasn't VD also a sequel to FA and I think it was implied the Old King ending was canon

I knew it'd be slower but I didn't know about all the other stuff. I suppose I could give it a whirl.

I felt bad for going down that route.

Yes. ACfA fucked the world so hard it became the typical type of post apocalyptic setting instead of going underground in a mega-structure and waiting out the apocalypse.

How to kill a franchise for good

Hey lap dog.

What about the hundred million people that died?

And I still fucking hate them for doing that.

They say that shit, then go and make Literally Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare with Mechs as Killstreak rewards.

Saying you like Titanfall when someone asks you if you like Mech games is like saying you like Dj Jazzy Jeff when someone asks if you like Jazz.

Not a good thing, definitely, but the League ending is pretty much a guaranteed slow death thanks to the interference of Wynne D, and the ORCA ending is everything according to plan. I really did want AC in space or even just what the setting being interstellar might bring, like getting dropped in to attack a facility from orbit.

How is it like being played?

Yes please

Hnnnnnnnng gimme

How's it like being dead?

But they aren't mechs, they're Titans™ :^)

The whole thing with them shitting on stompy mechs and mecha are what instantly put Titanfall and Respawn Entertainment on my shit list.

Seriously fuck them

I read this shit interview in Gameinformer (my dad has a subscription and I was taking a shit and had nothing to read) and for the first time I knew what it felt like to be a triggered tumblr feminist Landwhale.

Well, their point is understandable
Titanfall's mechs are just bigger, slower, less customizable codguys
It's hard to really call them mechs

The game is quite literally a copy and paste of CoD Advanced Warfare.

Has the same wall running and air dashing gimmick. Only difference is a few of the more technical guns and the mech -oh, sorry - "Titans" as Killstreak rewards.

Kind of lost from the translation but Old King ending was the only "true" ending to survive. Since by destroying the cradles there would be no need for the Arteria installations meaning that there would be no need for Kojima Generators resulting in the radiation of the planet beginning to subside. Everyone who hid underground or in the rare places not contaminated heavily Line Ark would survive and be able to reclaim the Earth from Kojima poisoning.

If you go Collard, the League would continue to operate the Cradles and poison the Earth till eventually the particles reach the Cradles and kill everyone regardless. If you go Orca you'll be disposed off as soon as you fulfill their plans. Thermidor betrays you on Hard and is really Otsdarva all along and the League will continue to enslave humanity and still continue to poison the Earth and whatever planet they go to. The whole League-Orca War was just an attempt by the League to escape the fate they knew what was coming and cull all the Lynx's that could challenge them.

Really the only way to save the world is Old King's path. You go on not only to destroy the Arterias but also the League freeing the surviving elements of humanity from slavery and Kojima poisoning.

cod copied that from other games though

It flopped horribly didn't it? I didn't pay attention to the shit surrounding it but it sounds like to me they got what they deserved.

But what if I want to go to space

other way round, buddy. cod copied titanfall.

It flopped massively.
For the aforementioned reasons, plus

It's actually surprising that they're making a sequel.

Though from the few trailers it looks like they learned from their mistakes and are focusing more on the mechs and the single player experience for the sequel.

Then you get to watch while the League laughs at you, leaving you to die on the surface

They really only think mechs applies to fuck off huge stompy bots. Even in Battletech and warhammer the fuck stompy bots could get pretty fast and had enough guns and other bullshit to make up for their size.

They go to space anyway, user. The elites flee endlessly and leave the broken Earth behind, while putting the Chief in charge with the mission to make world peace possible.

I also like smaller ACVD/Code Geass sized mechs, but that doesn't mean they aren't mechs.

All the more reason to make them answer for their crimes.

I still believe The Chief was just Nineball/Hustler One in a new body with a new voice.

I can't see it selling more than the first game then, since 1. as has already been said in the thread normalfags don't care for mecha games and 2. the people who do care aren't going to trust these people the second time around.

They are mechs surprised you even responded given how terrible the grammar was.. Even the fucking titans are mechs; despite what they want. They are incredibly ugly mechs, however.

Yes, the point I was making is that at least a fair few escape that fate if the Old King ending is canon. It is sadly a lot less clear cut; despite being the one that at least weakens the elite hold on power.

why did the page get deleted?

To crush our dreams.

Fun fact: in for answrer if you fly high enough on the cradle missions yiu will get shot at the the orbiting guns.

I feel like the cheif was wasted as a character. I thought that VD would be a direct continuation from V, what a let down I also liked the longer missons of V also.

Holy Christ, the game where From Soft takes off their kiddie gloves and goes all out. The single joystick makes maneuvering much harder then it should be. At the very least you're never gonna beat the endgame bosses.

Still pissed about that, I hope 6 isn't related to it at all.

How is Project Nimbus? Don't they have Space Battles?

It's a shmup like strike suit thing.
Your legs are just for looking cool, they do not function in game.

Made me wonder why the fuck they didn't have the "Lynx's" from AC4 appear full on in VD as bosses. They had one but it was a bit of a Frankenstein job

It is fun, but I am an easily amused pleb. I wouldn't rate it as more than mediocre, though. The mechs don't have much weight to them, and the weapons are pretty anemic feeling at times, despite doing more damage relatively compared to AC games.

No space battles, its essentially a similar premise to ACfA. you have flying cities that people moved to escape the aftermath of a war. Its just that they are more typical flying cities instead of horribly scaled giant jumbo jets.

As long as they don't pull that online to buy new parts bullshit again, I'll be happy.

Wont' be the only ones crying over it.

Ever since AC3, the games keep swaping back and forth between slow and tanky to speedy and dodgy so abruptly its given my interest in the series whiplash.

Those poor little bastards.

….Why is it taking a shooting stance and looking like it's using the scope of the gun?

If they were stupid enough to trust them the first time around, they're stupid enough to do it again.

To be fair, gundam had them using the scopes, even though I think they also hooked the gun to the mobile suit so it should be unnecessary. There should be a direct camera feed to the cockpit from the scope.

Same person

The hilarious part is that titanshit mechs all have integrated AIs, so they can do the aiming themselves anyway

I'd kill for a decent Gundam game that gets released in the west. Most of their games are either bad or boring dynashit warriwhores reskins.

Bracing the stock against the shoulder to help minimize recoil? I can't see if that gun has a stock or not, but the titan's not looking down the length of the gun at least.

Why did it have to be so boring and forgettable? Makes me annoyed.

even the new gundam that only got subs translated by playuasia?

Because its using slightly modified normal soldier animations.

Wait a minute, that means if Line Ark went over the edge they could've made White Glint pull a Old King and destroy the craddles?

Sounds like the Old King ending is the Line Ark ending, but LA got destroyed

White Glint was supposed to reappear at the end of the game story if I recall.

Oh boy, did AC4 got cut content?

Woah, a From Soft game with cut content, probably due to going overbudget/ not hitting deadlines?

AC4 and ACFA had a lot of cut content. Prime example was that Noblesse Oblige was meant to play a much larger part of AC4 and even in ACFA.

Not surprising since that was the initial trailer NEXT. A pity about that, though, and in both cases the pilot went down like a bitch. Second generation Oblige had a better paint job.

its just cosmetic armor for dark souls

I can't say I wouldn't be disappointed, but that would be fun as shit

You get about two upper atmosphere/low orbit missions and that's about it. It's fun if you want to play as a teenage anime girl who gets PTSD.

how boring…

Evangelion was a mistake.

nime bawl

Sort of regretting not buying a ps2 at some point

bump

Bumping with beautiful shit I wish I could have

You'd be surprised how lewd Gundam Breaker 3 can get.

ggame.jp/gb3/ms.php?co=11404

Its tits look like party hats lel

VD > 2 > 3 > Last Raven > Silent line > For Awnser > Everything else

Too much autoaim in that game tho.

Now that you mention it, yeah. I would put V at the top, since the online stuff, which was the focus of the game, mattered a lot more. With how the conquest mode changet in VD, it made joining team practically pointless. On the other hand VD has better balance then V does.

Use the latest devbuild and the OGL plugin, both of those should work fine right now.

No user.

Difference being AC games actually change things up. Souls games are the same shit, Call of Duty changes more from sequel to sequel than Souls games.

They've only been radically changing between numbered entries since the seventh gen, and not only did that not work out so good in the case of V, that change has also been coupled with a drastically reduced rate of releases

Shame it was a good and fun concept

fucking hell reading that was awful. No wonder normal fags flocked to their shitty game, and then forgot it on day one.

These kinds over stories are why I honestly liked V the most. The single-player story was near-nonexistent , but if you were apart of the online community, that shit played out like it was an episode of gundam.

Oh shit I remember you! I saw you take down the boss from the last mission in like 10 seconds flat with just your rifles. PS3?

It still hurts.

He's referring to things like Armored Core 3 introducing Orbital Weapons, or Armored Core 2 introducing Heat mechanics and even stuff exclusive only for Silent Line alone. It wasn'[t until last Raven where staying on the ground gave you infinite boost.

You're not supposed to have that, you're supposed to MAKE that.

FEELAN:

That's all well and good for people who aren't functionally retarded, but everything I touch turns to shit
That's why my primary hobby is a form of passive entertainment made by other people, and why I'm posting here instead of doing something productive

If you start small, you'd be amazed at what you can work up to.

Going to culinary school and spending years training under the best chefs in the country is fine if you want to be a chef, but not a very efficient thing to do if all you want is a single good meal

You know, I would like to see a Armor Core with specialized mechs. I don't mean it in the way of 'shoot all the missiles' or Moonlight shenanigans, but areas that would require Land, Sea, and Air armor cores. Like using a slower, clunkier core for something like a city, keeping the energy low as to prevent it from poisoning the area, throwing that to the wind in blighted deserts and zooming in aerial combat, or using a slower, floatier style under water that could make use of physical weapons and missiles.

This reminds me that I downloaded the PS1 games and was going to emulate them. Need to do that after I finish with some others I am playing.

why would someone draw this

Why wouldn't they? Do you not respect the robot?

I do not want to bang the robot.

Sounds like Front Mission Evolved where certain missions forced you to use specific type of mech/weapon set up.
Fuck your idea.

AC2 introduced overed boost as well. AC2 had orbit weapons, but not the core ones that replace overed boosts.

I don't remember that.

It is kind of interesting that the AC series are good for showing off new mechanics in the CG intros with some exceptions. Part destruction wasn't introduced until Last Raven, but showed up much earlier.

That is a bit Metal Warrior. Doing that right in 3d would be really fucking hard, but really satisfying if good. Otherwise you get shit.