Creepy, discomforting soundtracks in vidya

"You've got a pretty mouth", the track.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GV5UnANIj3c&list=PL8Ze5WK7zCVWudTwLZj_u06RqFcCSrSHC&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=GjnBRJAj9og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well Zero does have a pretty mouth.

am i going to get a powerup or am i going to get ambushed?

I never liked how twinkish MMZ made him look

god damn

this game is full of uncomfortable music.
this one plays after you jump down an enormous pit youll be stranded in for a while. the background creeped me out too, like a giant glowing heart.

I still don't know why that is so funny

thats terror

www.feplanet.net/files/scripts/music.php?song=1234

Metroid music always makes you feel so lonely

\Super Metroid is excellent.

NES Kraid theme doesn't get enough love.

except it really WAS the Devil's record and he just didn't flip the record right

It's really dumb, but gives me goosebumps all the same

The whole soundtrack was really creepy, though this one takes the cake. I love how it subtly distorts the melody of Sinister by slipping in a few wrong notes and playing it at a varying tempo.

put your headphones on boys

w-what is this from? … ;_;

It reminds of Dragon Quest for some reason.

learn to read

I always found this creepier

Wonder how many people played it.

Did you get all the treasure yet?

Isn't it soothing

this one actually is soothing though.

I was about to post that. Beat me to it.

It's funny for the same reason that jurassic park melodica cover is funny. You feel it was not supposed to be like that, but they could not much better. You smile at the failure of others.

Sonic Adventure had a good one.

This music isn't as weird as the game is

This is just groovy and cool stuff, haven't heard a single discomforting thing in the 18 minutes I've heard so far. Thanks for introducing me to a new artist though.

Kanoguti makes a ton of interesting software. Really they're too abstract to be called games. He's made hundreds of pieces of software and are really fun, you should check them out.

Absolutely horrible, rotten, barbaric, piece of shit game, okay soundtrack though

I think the person that made the Drakengard 1 OST might be actually insane

severely underrated

I like your style, and raise you one track.

i want women to get out

This track sort of reminds me of one of the police station hallway themes in Resident Evil 2.

okay, /r9k/

fuck

I can top that.

Awesome choice, brother.

Those buildings were fucking creepy to boot. Walk into the wrong door and meet Rex death.

Wait, what? Did I miss something?

Something about music boxes gives me the heeby jeebies

i wonder where all the wacky fan theories and haunted memes are regarding smithy, cause this fight was so revolting.

the narrow view sure "helped". the only way it could have been worse is if it were underwater as well.

This track alone says something is wrong with the room. There's explanations for why it's so damn unsettling, but it boils down to feeling stuck in an enclosed space, even when the door to leave is arms reach.

Year Walk is a walking simulator, but it's properly unsettling at the right moments.

I can totally stay calm and form a battle plan with this shit playing. Totally.

this soundtrack is better than anything coming from Sonic 06 has any right to be

i hate that level too

I want to see more games use this style of music; chaotic, unappealing, and absolutely trying to not sound like actual instruments being played, yet endearing, memorable and complimenting a harsh and dark atmosphere.

Pardon me for being autistic but what does this mean?

It's a reference to a scene in a movie called Deliverance, right before somebody is raped.

Pretty much the whole Yume Nikki soundtrack.

Sure they might be 5 or so second loops but a good amount of them made you feel something for each room.

Sonic games have always had good soundtracks, especially the modern ones with Crush 40. They made their careers on Nascar and Sonic.

overrated as fuck tune
THIS is a tune that doesn't get enough love.

was about to post this but you beat me to it

somehow this made me feel comfy
like staying inside during rainy night comfy

console doom music is so creepy
the "echoey" sfx doesnt really help it either

Surprisingly creepy for a Mega Man game.

Too bad the game itself manages to be even more disturbing, and not in a good way.

PSX Doom music:
youtube.com/watch?v=GV5UnANIj3c&list=PL8Ze5WK7zCVWudTwLZj_u06RqFcCSrSHC&index=5
(couldn't choose single one so I just put the whole playlist)

It was never used in the actual game but I still love how unsettling it is.

There are a bunch of songs for HM2 that were never put into the game, this one is also pretty creepy considering it's a remix of the Cannibal Holocaust theme

Alternative version, as the title states these were probably made by H.M. Hammarin, a Swedish musician and "model" for the Hammer character in the HM2 level editor.

This is basically just Run from the base game but with a different intro, still pretty creepy in my opinion.

hey screw you guy, I like and regularly listen to the ost, that's also one of my favourites.
I bet you think stravinsky is crazy too

The cool part about this track is that its more subdued when you are inside a building, but when you're outside its more amplified. And gets louder the closer you get to the boss room. Which you can't access yet

Some more Metroid.

this song is super spoopy

Soothing as fuck. Too bad we'll never get a Xavier video game. The closest thing would be Eastern Mind.

I've always thought this was oddly creepy, particularly when compared to the rest of the game.

TASTE THE PAIN
TASTE THE PAIN

True that.

youtube.com/watch?v=GjnBRJAj9og

I remember Metroid Fusion having some damned good ambiance, and this shit was on the GB advance.

I got a free copy of it on my 3ds, and holy shit is the game hard in the first sections.

Soothing.

Run is an interesting song. A lot of people don't like it because it's very slow and empty, with an unintelligible voice breaking up in background set on top of a disorienting melody in what's one of the most slow-paced and 'stealthy' sections of the game.
At the same time, if you play the level enough that you can get into the right 'flow' of the level and move along without too many breaks in the action, the tempo of the song is perfect for running through it recklessly Hotline Miami 1-style.

not entirely creepy but good enough

HAL labs is full of fucking psychos

When I was a kid, I'd get triggered every single time I'd see the SA-X

I always thought this one was really creepy

of course silence is perhaps one of the creepiest ambience

More people need to suffer through the drakengard and NieR games.
skip 2.

2 has the best game play when it comes to the Drakengard series and it is cannon as well.

It's ok tier, but not the crazy shit that the other games are

Dying planet filled with zombies.

This whole time I never knew, I've let this track play out to about 40 seconds and assumed that was it.

CONTINUE YOUR M-MISSION

I still can't think of a single song in context at least that makes my fucking soul shudder just listening to it.

Something about this track always made me uncomfortable as a kid

I got the CD's, get on my level

This song always stuck with me