Rainbow Six Siege update

I haven't played this in a while and now I'm pretty surprised by all these changes.
Can anyone who's played lately say how the Claymore mines are working out? I imagine this changes the way the game is played rather significantly now. Defenders getting grenades is also really new.

They gave Blackbears two fucking shields? Are you fucking kidding me?

The shields don't last nearly as long though

That and now two shock drones, plus they removed the red blinking light. And it's faster too. Considering it was already possible to kill someone with the drone before this, that will probably happen more often now.

yet, the health on those shields don't add up to half of the original.

So there is that.

also the recoil is increased

Like, when you get shot at?

neat, but I'm not really sure I see how it's significantly different from a nitro cell
eeeh, seems kinda dumb

why do so many faggots like their tacticool 5v5 shootman games?

I assumed recoil when you're shooting while using the shield.

Well, they're probably faster but weaker.

what

I was gonna post this.

What the fuck?

You get two, you can't pre-place them, and they suck. I guess the idea is to stop allowing people to have a full team of defenders with nitro cells but still allow them options to take out shields and people in windows.

Are there costumes that let you pretend you're playing terrorists instead of operators?

They've renamed it from heavy barrel to long barrel, but it's still just as retarded.

Nope, Tom Clancy never wanted anyone to be able to play as the terrorists in his games, so I guess they're still respecting that.

Fuck that noise, Tom Clancy was a writer not a warrior why should his opinion matter?

They did it to be PC and to avoid controversy a-la medal of honor.

Yeah, they did it to avoid controversy. Ever since the first Rainbow Six game in 1998 if I remember correctly. Right. And I think Clancy's opinion should fucking matter, because he wrote the books that establish the R6 universe.

??? Literally nobody cares about nondescript terrotists. You've been able to play as terrorists in CS for years. It's when you specify that 'oh these guys are the Taliban' when americans get upset.

end my life

They did it to avoid giving attention and legitimacy to specific armed anti-government militia groups.

In CS you don't play as any country, you play as Terrorists and Counter Terrorists.

In rainbow six siege you play as Spetsnaz and SAS etc. Giving that same level of identity to terrorist teams would mean both doubling the number of operators, and the aforementioned problem of lending credence to state-hostile groups.

So not only was ubisoft trying to be PC, but they wanted to make half as many operators as they would have to if each team was unique.

Or you know what? They didn't even have to use real-life organizations, they already have the terrorist organization in the PVE modes to use.

They just wanted to make half as many characters and still use all the operator models they made.

But there are distinctly different operators for defense and attack, you dumb shit. Because they're from the same fucking CTU doesn't mean they're the same character.

They made them distinct, you retard. Tell me they couldn't put the same characters on one team with different abilities and you'd be able to tell the difference.

so where in the process were they the same character, obama?

I guess I can't expect good taste and judgement from people who are willing to suck ubishits cock.

You didn't get playable terrorists because Ubisoft has no integrity and you're just happy to take it up the ass for them, as this thread proves.

Glaz losing his breach charges is pretty shit. I used to play Terrorist Hunt by myself with just Glaz and now I won't be able to breach any walls.

All they need to do is fix the netcode and the game is GOAT

Claymores are perfect against roamer shitters

I wish you could customize difficulty settings for Terrorist Hunt; I like to take my time but the timers wont let me, and the normal difficulty is getting a bit too easy.

Nigger all the CT's in Counter-Strike are real units, just like in Siege. Hell, even the terrorist factions in CS have defined nationalities.

noice, maybe she wont be total shit now

TWITCH WAS ALWAYS GOOD