What is Nintendo doing?

What is Nintendo doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/ItOKN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

getting your ass ready for mobile gaming

I still don't get how Nintendo finally seems to add the charm that was missing from SS, but yet still keeps in the horrible combat system which will ruin any potential fun you can have.

Making video games for Mobile phones and kids. Why do you still care about Nintendo?

I'll give you everything on that list except for the new Pikmin. We haven't really seen enough of it yet. Also, adding Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam would be a good idea.

Didn't they say something about not wanting Paper Mario to be an RPG anymore, but rather more of an action adventure game? Also something that if people wanted more Mario RPGs, they should just play Mario and Luigi instead, as if there's no longer room for two RPG subseries involving Mario?

Got to find it funny how (if memory serves) Nintendo tried DMCAing paheal over Pokemon r34, and paheal just renamed the tag to "porkyman," gave Pokemon an auto-redirect to it, and called it a day.

They actually said that during interviews around E3 I think.

It still feels like a giant slap in the face, especially because the moment people actually got to play Sticker Star the moment people got upset with it. I know I did.

It's really too bad, because the gameplay looks like complete dogshit, but it looks absolutely gorgeous, stylistically.

I actually played through Sticker Star entirely (got it as a gift from an ex), and this game looks like more of the same shit, especially with the "thing cards". Thing stickers were the worst fucking part of Sticker Star.

It's being developed by the same team that made Yoshi's New Island. That's enough reason to trash it and pretend it doesn't exist

it's a pity because it looks like a beautiful game.

everything from writing to atmosphere and levels look cool but the MAIN FUCKING CORE GAMEPLAY makes it dogshit because no experience, partners, or actual rpg. probably level-based like sticker star.

The issue is the director has NO IDEA what makes a paper mario game great

at least the intelligent systems humor and dialogue is there but i feel bad for the team because their director is complete shit and theyre wasting their talent with her as boss

IT WILL BOMB AND WE WILL NEVER HAVE PAPER MARIO AGAIN

Didn't they say something about not wanting Paper Mario to be an RPG anymore, but rather more of an action adventure game?

The shitty part about this is that in my opinion Super Paper Mario was alright. They could have just gone and done another one of those if that were the case.

I can't believe I fucked up greentext like that

I gotta admit, the overworld and level design looks pretty fucking good. Shame about the battle system and lack of partners, and even more shame there aren't any good NPCs to populate the world with. Animation is mostly a massive step up from the already beautiful TTYD, framerate issues aside.

Fucking hell Nintendo, why bother making a game that's 50% amazing and 50% dogshit?

trying too hard to make super paper mario sticker star.
they just have to stick to a more rpg formula, but thanks to muh gaming trends in japan they think something like this will do better. it probably will…in japan and nowhere else.

What are the Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing things at the top? Future mobile games?

yup

I don't mind if they change the formula up a bit to make it more action adventure instead of RPG. There is already another Mario RPG series anyway. I just want the game to be good, and I will be happy. Fucking Sticker Star, man, I actually liked it early on until it became apparent the only way to get forward in that game was to fucking backtrack forever and guess at what stick might fucking go where in some crazy gook example of broken logic. And IIRC there wasn't even a navi assist character which might have been fucking useful to tell you which level has the thing you need or whatever.

I liked SPM myself, but I did know what I was getting into with it since a friend told me some about it before I played it. Had they kept the story quality like that, but reverted to more PM64/TTYD style gameplay for future installments, I don't think anyone would have complaints. Instead they shit out Sticker Star and then apparently don't learn much about why it was disliked, instead opting for a "well we don't need another RPG series anyhow" excuse to do whatever.

You'd think after Sticker Star was poorly regarded they might have gone back to the drawing board, look at previous games, determine what people liked most about those, and worked to rectify it, but no.

Honestly a bit surprised they haven't pulled a Capcom and tossed it in the fridge for a decade or more.

user. Every single time I see that webm I imagine Solid Snake post mgs2 as that guy.

Paper Mario and Mario fans in general are easily won over by "cute" dialogue and "interesting" bits scattered in the background. Like how people freaked out with the dancing pig and a white block in the SMB3 part of the trailer.

Maybe because I'm new to the Mario series (1-2 years) but I genuinely don't understand why these people are so easily amused

What was so bad about SF Zero?

Yeah it's obvious they picked some random office drone to narrate. I probably couldn't do a better job since that shit's harder than it seems. Hence the need to hire professionals to do this shit for you Nintendo.

Dying. Nintendo is dying a slow and painful death.

Echoing what everyone else says it does look like a pretty game (more promising than what they showed with that E3 trailer) but it's just going to be the same shit as a game. I'll end up playing it just to see, and god-willing they'll have fixed everything as good as possible all things considered for the direction they've had decided for them, but no way I can justify buying it and they should have known that.

I haven't seen a game with better visuals in years, I love that Nintendo steps out with unique artstyles like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Yoshi's Epic Yarn, and actually does it well.

Too bad the full version is conspiracy nonsense, especially given how fucking catchy it is.

good goyim

Please be joking.

If it didn't happen, it's a conspiracy theory.
If it did, it's still a conspiracy theory about a legitimate conspiracy.

"Conspiracy" doesn't mean "hoax" you colossal dunce.

What? What the fuck?

Christ, this fucking video is made for 5 year olds, and not particularly bright ones.

All right now I wanna see someone remake that in SFM or drawfag it.

No, he's not.

archive.fo/ItOKN

What is wrong with a gatcha styled FE game for mobiles?

I wish I could forget FE and everything about it.

Gyroscope aiming. That you cannot turn off.

Ever.

Everyone keeps talking about "When is Nintendo going to die?" but I think the real question we should be asking is "When is Nintendo going to become a Japan only company?"

The question is why after a decade of the two series existing* why have they decided to this in the first place? And since PM came first shouldn't M&L be the one to change? Nintendo's released multiple racing games (ExciteTruck/Bots, DK Barrel Blast) should they not exist because of Mario Kart? How about Fossil Fighters, why does that exist when you have Pokemon for your "animal" fighting needs?

* M&L first announced at E3 03 then released Nov 03, While PM started on the N64. It's sequel TYD was announced at GDC 03, and then playable at E3 04 released Oct 04. So the development of those two games overlap.

It's because Miyamoto's got a stick up his ass when a game gets made without him. The guy needs to fuck off and stop sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Instead they looked to the other AAA companies for advice.
Make it really pretty and people will buy the same flawed garbage again.

So what exactly looks like shit here ? I only played the Gamecube one and I loved it, but that doesn't seems like a Federation Force scenario to me.

Pirate Sticker Star, it'll be like a demo for this game.

I now remember why I keep out of the loop.

It's probably going to be a version on the FE TCG that has been around for years on mobile devices.

Well it certainly looks nice just from the aesthetic (aside from the big lack of unique characters) but the gameplay still looks just as trash as Sticker Star does.

For u

Seriously what the fuck are they doing? They've become nostalgia bait, the company.

Fuck everything I hope this industry dies.

Paper Mario Sunshine

Nicely done user!

Can we agree that if they removed the Gyroscopic Controls for Starfox, it would be good, and if it was double in length, it would be perfect?

Nintendo died with Iwata tbh.

This is a bad song.

Had potential if it had proper lyrics, but its millenial garbage.

Reminder the director has never played Paper mario or paper mario TTYD.

pAPER mARIO sUNSHINE

On that note, was Paper Jam any good? Was it at least better than Sticker Star?

Better than Sticker Star but suffers in identical areas.

Can be wrapped up neatly as "Mario & Luigi: Sticker Star". Expect DUDE PAPER LMAO, unwarranted amounts of Koopalings, Bowser Jr. shoehorned in, and your only non-Toad NPC interaction coming from the Princess Peaches and a fucking Wiggler.

It was worse than sticker star.

Combat actually matters in Paper Jam, though. Actually I was pleased by the difficulty level, I had a harder time of it in PJ than I did with most any other M&L game.

over and over and over again.

Is it a problem that Koopalings are bosses in the games?

I mean they were bosses in the first mario and luigi game

I'm tired of seeing all these blonde cunts in Mario. When are they going to use red haired humans?

They also didn't show up until the final dungeon. Every other boss in Superstar Saga was original.

I think it has the best combat in the series, optional tutorials was also nice.

Is the issue less so that its the koopalings and more so they are just not using Original Villains?

While I think both games are shit, its nice to see the Koopalings in the Paper Mario Style at least

Oh believe me, I know. That got on my fucking nerves and I was praising Jesus when they told me it was the last batch of hide & seek I had to play. Probably was a testing-ground for the idea since Color Splash seems to be forcing you through the same horseshit.

Not really, but the Koopalings themselves are annoying. They were unspeaking bosses in the first game and only at the very end, plus it was back when Miyamoto hadn't discovered his absolute rager for the Koopalings, so I didn't mind them terribly much in Superstar Saga.

Besides the nice addition of blocking so you could just eat some reduced damage if you didn't think you'd be able to land the enemy dodges, I found combat identical to Dream Team in all respects. Paper Mario's combat scheme wasn't interesting and often it was more worth your time to just have him attack instead of use a Trio Attack.

I love the koopalings, but I think they are probably being overused at this point, yeah. Its always nice seeing them in Mario Kart/Smash Brothers, however.

I have such mixed feelings about Paper Jam. On one hand, I love that Dream Team's criticism of "too many tutorials" was addressed and now the game is like "want more info on this? read the fucking manual". The soundtrack was still as charming as ever, Yoko Shimomura working her magic again. Like what most everyone is saying, the battle part of it was great.

The only problem is how goddamn uninteresting the game is. I forget how far I got up to in the game, until I was like "you know, I don't want to go on, this is all the same". No new faces, just the same main characters you see in every Mario game, and the same world layout as Sticker Star. Even Dream Team had the Piilos as a new race of faces and the bosses and enemies were unique sorts of beasts and brutes. Dream Team's story was "some asshole stole a stone and you have to use the power of dreams to stop him". Paper Jam is "Bowser is being a jerk again".

Sticker Star was truly a blight on games.

Trio Attacks are best used for bosses and getting that "Get 10 excellents in a row" type of achievements. Trio Kite is extremely powerful for hitting a single target.

I stopped at Paper Mario 3 what is this shit?

nintendrones will defend this

Using them for Smash Bros. as alt-costumes for Bowser Jr. was a fantastic touch if you ask me (also a funny bit that they had mass-produced versions of Bowser Jr.'s mech since Bowser doesn't give as much of a shit about them compared to Jr.), I'd love to see more alt-costumes come out of that series for other characters. I remember seeing the idea tossed around a few times of bringing Snake back and doing the same for him, making alt costumes a bunch of iterations of Snake alongside Solid as well as The Boss or Ocelot.

Thats what fucking Lucina should of been and Dark Pit should of Been.

Confuses the livid hell out of me that Lucina and Dank Pit were included at all when the former is just Marth without the sweet/sourspot mechanic and Dark Pit is 1:1 identical to Pit save for the damage on one or two moves, how his bow works and his Final Smash (which even then is just Zelda and Sheik's Light Arrow). Lazier clones than most of Melee's.

In practice I ended up mostly using Trio Whirligig and Trio Kite, yeah. I think I touched Trio Meteor maybe once before giving up on it entirely when Whirligig had comparable damage output and both took a shorter amount of time and wasn't so fucking fussy about the execution.

agreed, why on earth do Lucina and Dark Pit have their own slots?

also they need to switch up the game play and have a use for one of the three jump buttons. the sequels are just worse versions of melee with more content

Less, in Sm4sh's case, as far as singleplayer goes. Exacerbated if you get the 3DS version since it doesn't have event battles, though Smash Run is nicer than Smash Tour.

Oh shit nigger what time paradox are you playing with

What if it just randomly turns out to be a decent game?

Brawl feels substantially different enough from Melee in a worse way, mind you to justify itself, I think. Smash 4, on the other hand, is just Brawl with less content, the worst single player content in the series, the worst stagelist in the series and a bloated cast full of bad characters.

Smash 4 gets praised to high heaven for how balanced it is, but it's balanced because the vast majority of characters are complete and utter trash, not because they're good.

Those game companies are still better than International/Western ones tbh

Even shitty mobile pin flippers made by nips manage to be more engaging that this molly coddly mess

Let me guess, party members will again be Toad only?

At least I get an OST outta this

wow, nintendo is pretty good at astro turfing

Nigger, they already are. They are xenophobic twats. Just fucking watch this shit. it's long, but you'll want to murder everyone at nintendo by the time you're done.

BUT WAIT

EVER WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO METROID DREAD?

WONDER WHY NO OTHER COMPANY HAS STEPPED FORWARD TO TRY AND MAKE A METROID GAME?

Nigger ,lemme ask you something.

When someone says "paper mario", what do you think of?

When I see Paper Mario, i'm expecting a game that is slower and is about story and world building. Paper Mario 64 turned everything on it's head and introduced simple concepts:

SPM had a good story but the gameplay was lame as shit. Sticker star made it worse and this game is sticker star once more.

It might function, but it won't be a good paper mario game.

Jesus fuck I hate smash 4.

Jesus fuck.

HAHAHAHAHA

Shy Guy with changing expressions is the most disturbing thing I've seen in a long time.

They were used wonderfully back then though. Cackletta-Bowser says she's got plans to make to turn come out on top of Mario and Luigi and they're going to the Mushroom Kingdom of all places to get her resources to finally come out on top. -and then after them being gone for so long the koopalings make a grand return. Not just as painfully dull predictable midbossses either, they're introduced with tasteful nods to Super Mario World with cool environmental puzzles like reaching Wendy through a pipe contraption. -and the game is conscious that they're not supposed to be a huge threat individually and they add a bomb with a turn time limit to defeat each of them under. Every New Super Mario Bros or whatever they act like Ludwig is supposed to be badass I know he's just a pushover faggot with a gimmick no harder than anyone else's. I Mario 3 they felt progressively harder and just the lightning in the background for him felt intense (I mean hey, some people might have doubted Bowser would show up this time around even).

-but now their presense has zero impact. We could play as any of them in Mario Kart (making the stupid roster decisions like Baby Rosalina and every good possibility they ignore feel somehow worse) and they're alternates for Bowser Jr. in Smash 4 (which again people have reason to bitch about the roster for different reasons). In neither they felt interesting, just there to say that they'd done it at least once and now there's nothing left to make them interesting. -except being able to fight combinations of them maybe, or the lost opportunity of actually killing Bowser off for a little while and having Bowser Jr gather them up for revenge. -but hey, maybe by some miracle Color Splash will find a way to wow me with their use or anything else.

Easier to half-ass something than full-ass it when you know diehards fans of your company's products will still likely eat it up regardless (note that I'm not talking about most anons there)?

Honestly surprising and a bit sad seeing what certain classic composers have found themselves having to make music for these days. But I guess money's money. Would certainly explain why some such as Hiroki Kikuta have taken to composing for western made indie shit.

Shimomura's been the composer for Mario RPGs since Legend of the Seven Stars on the SNES, off the top of my head.

Yeah, I'm not complaining if it means a good soundtrack (and keeping the same composer on hand helps to retain the vibe of the music for the series), just that it's a bit sad that sometimes a really good soundtrack goes to waste on a game that otherwise disappoints series fans, though at times the OST can be considered the high note of a game like that.

there's that word
hi CIA

I got a wiiu for my birthday with some games like mario 3d land, NSMB U, and Wind Waker HD

What are the worthwhile WiiU games?

Hyrule Warriors (though made obsolete by Legends which is best on New 3DS), Mario Maker, Splatoon, heard that Star Fox Zero was good. vWii mode can be homebrewed so you can replace your modded Wii with a modded Wii U and play Gamecube/Wii/Wiiware stuff on your Wii U.

Piracy's also possible on Wii U but I don't know the full details of it yet, certainly not as far along as 3DS.

I don't own a 3ds because Nintendo always upgrades their handhelds like 3 times. I waiting for the best one to drop in price.

Hyrule warriors is superior on WiiU as the 3ds can't spawn foes for shit.

It also includes split screen co op for all modes (other than boss mode).

Also FAST racing Neo from the E-shop.

Someone should hack and change the camera angle on this to see his face.

I agree.

I thought the narrator was Ukino Joe

No, no, it really isn't. I've been telling you niggers for a while now that it would play almost like a TCG and this trailer further confirms that. Stop being all "duehh different is bad" and blame the market for the changes. The fact is SPM and Sticker Star sold and TTYD didn't.
Why the fuck does anyone act like TTYD NPCs weren't just Toad+color+accessory anyway? This is an ass pull claim. It's another reason to moan and bitch about the gudoldaize.
It's a fucking Youtube video. Thanks for confirming people still bumblasted about this game are mentally retarded.

In Japan and everywhere else, bitch boy. RPGs don't sell. Sorry.

Exactly, TTYD development started before M&L became a series. Their battle systems are almost exactly the same shit, only Luigi is your only partner and he does more stuff. Paper Mario is the eye-candy action-adventure/exploration series (and has been called such since PM64 despite having RPG elements to the extent that TTYD was marketed as Paper Mario RPG in Japan, like the original wasn't) and M&L are the RPGs proper.

It's called sales, Sticker Star sold despite having issues and they're working to fix them and incorporate more of the old games.

Gay post

LMAO you actually can

Fossil Fighters and Pokemon don't have almost exactly the same mechanics.
No, because PM has always been the action-adventure franchise. You sound like someone who resists any and all change and is a massive nostalgiafag. You will still be able to play Mario RPGs, and the only major difference will be the aesthetic and how the partners work.
M&L probably would've been a Paper Mario game but the GBA didn't have the power or the resolution to make things look paper-y.

What the fuck? Like Melee didn't have both of these problems. You're just saying this because it didn't retain literally every fucking Melee stage like Brawl because you're a nostalgiafag. Just suck my dick.

What the hell are you even talking about? You better pay for my chemotherapy you autist.

fuck it I was enjoying my day. You had to go ruin it didnt you?

Jesus christ

Now this is some dedicated shilling. You've earned your five cents with that post user.

Is that the same game as pic related?

More like guilty conscience
Is that a shoop, or who did the foreignization if it's real?

Watergate

You'd think that but
It just makes me wonder who did it

Watergate also involved five guys, and there's even a book called "Watergate Exposed." In any case, someone at Treehouse did it.

But that's wrong. TTYD sold nearly as much as Sticker Star despite being on a console that sold far less than the 3DS.

Your bait game needs work, son.

Yea I thought it was the typical SJW moron at work at nintendo but apparently its actually a reference to watergate.

Inst that frm water gate and has nothing to do with Gamer gate

That they are 5 toads and the biological term is Fungai (Fun Guy)

Its so obvious but people want to be stupid

what he said

Looks like I need to brush up on my history.
and so does ms. guilty conscience

I'll agree with everything in the picture except
If games didn't spend millions on the more detailed assets enabled by better specs then they wouldn't need to be shit marketable to normalfags and little kids

TWO FRANCHISES I LOVED

PERMANENTLY SOILED

Comiting seppuku.