Silent Hill

why are the Silent Hill games so cozy? Which do you feel the most comfortable playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsilent hill 4 pc.TRS0&_nkw=silent hill 4 pc&_sacat=0
m.thepiratebay.org/torrent/7423843/Silent Hill 4: The Room (2004PCRePack)
mega.co.nz/#F!lhNQkAYY!dURaAW9ZXPJg2-hIEAco0w
community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/694-silent-hill-4-wrapper-by-nemesis/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1 and 2 are good.
I can't really replay old games anymore though. Although I did fuck around in Silent Hill 1 for a few hours in an emulator for some nostalgia.

This song is amazing but I cant remember if it was in the game or just on my soundtrack cd.

I'll go ahead and post this for those who get the itch to replay it.

What the fuck? Just emulate it.

If you can get them working on PC they are quite a bit better than their console counterparts.

Not to me. I'd much rather the psx look at original res.

they're alright to watch someone play but other than that they are awful just like resident evil.

That's understandable. The PC version of 2 in particular is also a lot more colorful which I imagine could ruin the atmosphere for some.

Does anyone know a good torrent for Akira's Discography?

It's not the color. There's too much clarity. Kills the atmosphere.

My cd cabinet

oh yeah, I was just mentioning the color thing on top of that. Some people like their minds to fill in the detail. Personally I can take either or.

Buhump

Is Downpour really as bad as faggots say?
Silent hill games are all pretty bad games that basically only stand because of their story and atmosphere.

So im asking again is Downpour really that fucking bad?

Here's one for SH1, SH2, and SH3 anyway, which I'd imagine are the only ones most people care about. Think it's just 320kbps, not flac, sorry

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7f6915051c3a1661a17b52b4136e9417d2466e51&dn=Akira+Yamaoka+-+Silent+Hill+1%2B2%2B3+OST&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

If you mean his ENTIRE discography that would be a pretty fucking big torrent, Yamaoka's a busy guy

Personally, I don't think so. It has some reasonably good parts, occasionally good visuals, and some really fucking stupid parts including most of the core plot. It's not what most people are looking for, but it's definitely better than Homecoming, which was just a travesty.

I was in your boat, but as for the game itself I don't think it's that bad as people make it out to be. It still ain't that great, the framerate drops are massive, the combat quickly becomes annoying against those fuckers that crawl on the ceiling, and the game doesn't seem to be subtle since the first thing you do on a new game is kill a guy in cold blood.

I really want to play SH4 again, but it's not available anywhere (Steam, Green Man, etc.). The game is expemnsive as fuck too:

>>ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsilent hill 4 pc.TRS0&_nkw=silent hill 4 pc&_sacat=0

Anybody have a good SH4 link, or dropbox, or something?

bump

Dunno about "cozy" but the limited draw distance, fog, and melancholy atmosphere when monsters aren't trying to climb up your butthole probably have something to do with it. Reminds me of home, in a way. Fire department sirens and heavy fog, leaving highschool with a firend

JUST

Awesome, thanks!

The only thing good is the secret ending. The load times are rough, the story is meh, the graphics are meh, the enemy design is bad, the music is forgettable, and it's just all around a bad game. I remember getting caught on a fence while running beside it because the game couldn't calculate the collision.

I think there's one on piratebay? If not I'll upload it when I get home.

Thanks

It's the credits theme.

You could try this in the meantime. Don't know how safe it is, though I don't know if the version I have is any safer:
m.thepiratebay.org/torrent/7423843/Silent Hill 4: The Room (2004PCRePack)

If you haven't yet, play Origins instead.

If your PC can handle it you could try to emulate it for ps2.

Here you go bro.

mega.co.nz/#F!lhNQkAYY!dURaAW9ZXPJg2-hIEAco0w

Also, use the Wrapper by nemesis for a better time on PC.

community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/694-silent-hill-4-wrapper-by-nemesis/

I think no matter how many times I've tried the different wrappers, I've never been able to get the triggers on my controller to work, R1 and L1 do what R2 and L2 should. Might just be my driver.

Which controller do you have? Xbawx?

DS4 with InputWrapper. Works fine for just about anything a 360 pad does

And that's why I cherish my ps2 collection

anyone knows were can i get all the OST? all nyaa torrents are dead.

Isnt Origins that one made for a handheld? Fuck that

so this really needs to be updated for SH4. A much, MUCH better way to make that shit work is to download:
>community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/694-silent-hill-4-wrapper-by-nemesis/

and voila. You get all your shit fixed, make the game look good, and even unlock the framerates.

Heard the HD voices for the first time, what the fuck is this

2 is a masterpiece. 1 and 3 are great. I dropped 4 pretty early on, either due to the game or being burnt out on the series. I will try again soon though as it is horror season.

Use DS4Windows and map the triggers to keys a la Xpadder, then keep all the other buttons the same and apply the profile only to SH4. It works like diamonds.

sounds really overdramatic for who the characters are.

4 is definitely worth playing, and Henry, as well as his problems, are pretty interesting. He's a character I think a lot of us can relate with.

I think I tried that once, may try it again sometime. Just replayed SH2 and 3 within the past few months anyway.

You have no fucking idea how much Troy Baker hams it up.

>He's a character I think a lot of us can relate with.
You stalk your neighbor?

I meant he's a shut in who doesn't know a lot of people but wants to while at the same time battling the fear of getting close to people.

4 is more interesting than 3 if you ask me. A lot more surreal. I think 3's plot was just too retarded and the sound design was more obnoxious. The big problem with 4 is the blatant padding and unkillable ghosts that are stressful and annoying rather than scary. That said 3's graphics are still astoundingly good today even.

They're all comfy as hell though because there's something relaxing to me about going through familiar places that are supposed to be filled with people but are completely empty. Like walking around your school after hours or being in an office late. Add some interesting weather, strange music, and an unsettling atmosphere, and we're reaching maximum ComfySpook levels, personally.

I went for a walk at the beach at my cottage a couple of years ago in dense fog and it was dead silent except for water gently lapping at the shore and the occasional fog horn and I thought this is as close to SH as I'll ever get

3's sound design gets a lot of undeserved flak, it at least made an attempt to reconcile SH1's mastery of "ma" and SH2's tapestry of ambient noise by placing rooms full of deafening cacophony next to rooms which were almost completely silent.

true true, I get that, and there are some parts where it's brilliant with it like in the nightmare hospital and the office building. But some of it is so grating in a lazy way that just makes me mad instead of anxious.

For me the spinners and floor sniffers are just dumb and loud enemies with annoying noises and stupid attacks, rather than something making lots of stomping or slithering noises just of sight resulting in panic and audible juxtaposition when you run into a totally silent space. Still better than the burp nurses in 4. What were they thinking??

I actually have a fun story where I genuinely believed I had gone to Silent Hill or some similar place. It's a bit long though so I may record it. Still, it's pretty funny and interesting.

Are the Slurpers' (floor sniffers) sound effects all that different than the Lying Figures' crawling sound effects?

I think everyone was too embarrassed to tell Yamaoka that it sounded like they were burping

Wonderful nostalgia for a second there

They're not. They're literally the opposite. They're designed to be the opposite of cozy. If you think they're in any way cozy then you are a psychopath.

the lying figure scratch crawl is awful, yeah. And maybe it's intended to be like nails on a chalkboard but it sounds more to me like someone purposefully making a terrible noise for the shock factor rather than something that is legitimately unsettling, like the sound they make when walking around normally.

I guess I just am used to it more because I've played so much of 2 but every one of them has some odd sound choices here and there.