Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden

So this will be my third attempt at getting into the game, I just need to stop being a faggot and thinking every game should be Bayonetta, but I definitely cannot like DMC again.

Tried the demo of Razor's Edge just out of curiousity and figured I should give it another whirl.

So I started chapter 2 where I left my latest save, got to the 2nd boss. I beat him pretty easily the first run of the game I did which I stopped after I beat him. Just couldn't get my bow to cooperate this time. Plus I don't remember there being adds. I fucked up and died at the start of the chapter instead of just popping the million HP potions I had, mainly cause its been a few weeks since I played the game and was figuring the buttons again, but am I paranoid or did it trigger the adds because I didn't notice him before I died, I mean those spellcasting guys.

Anyway I definitely fucked up cause I said yes after dying a few times and the prompts after had me weirded out. I thought I was saying Yes to continue like normal, then I noticed and I figured I confirmed EZ mode, checked online and it indeed meant I had. My fault for not reading the text, was in a hurry to get it done before bed.

If I reload my save before dying at the boss I should be back to normal mode?

Feels good to be able to look forward to some proper good games to play. Hope it works out this time. Getting PS3 Razor's Edge for a decent price seems to be a problem though when it comes to that. I would go with the 360 but it uses FXAA while PS3/Wii U is MSAA. 360 has best fps I hear and Wii U has some gameplay improvements but I don't have a Wii U right now.

Game is fun but that flying decap move is retardedly strong. Also specifically bought the NTSC versions years ago when I got the first 2 games for PS3 just because the heads actually come off. If you have PAL version there is no decap.

EEEUUUAAAAAGHHH

This hurts Holla Forums.

That's Vanilla 3, RE doesn't save the story but it's better in every other way.

Momiji the best.

Why bother? I just look up LPs and grab a bag of chips.

why

the best is Black. start there

get good faggots

Like it's that easy.

fucking retarded OP

Razor's Edge may fix some of 3's problems but its still the most inferior title in the modern Ninja Gaiden saga.

Go play Black & then 2.

The moment I saw Ninja Gaiden during the Koei Tecmo presentation, I was ready to cum. And then I realized it's not part of a Musou game.

Why do people recommend Black? Is there something wrong with Vanilla NG? That was the only one I could find.

PS3 has this.

So I started playing ninja gaiden black for the first time and the fucking camera just keeps zooming in every time I move like it's having a stroke. I can't see shit. How do I fix this?

Copies of NGB are dirt-cheap. Even the standalone disc.

Regardless, it is the definitive edition of Ninja Gaiden in 3D. No reason not to get it. There's a spreadsheet floating around out there comparing it to Sigma: there are notable pros and cons, but Black is generally agreed upon to be one of the greatest vidya games.

Pretty cool topic, I just beat sigma tonight, I'm going to get started on 2, tomorrow. I finished up the night unlocking everybody but tengu. But I'm giving up on unlocking him. I'm not gud(despite doing well on every other DoA) at it and Gen is a faggot who needs to burn in hell.

Whoops, my bad I ment to say

Wii U lets you do that with the pad's motion controls as well.

I honestly consider Sigma better than Black. For one, you don't need to beat the game 2-3 times to unlock the hardest mode.

Probably worded it confusing as fuck.

I'm playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3, not Razor's Edge. The demo of Razor's Edge got me interested in trying out the series again. I know I will probably like it but I just couldn't sink my teeth into it enough to keep playing. Also miss my God mode button from Bayonetta.

I could get the 360 or Xbox versions of the games, interesting to read Black is not just an inferior version but I like the shark visuals which is why I want to stick with PS3.

I've bought an Xbox and an Xbox 360 and playing the only Dead or Alive games are some of my major motivations. Unlocked a bunch of stuff in 2 so far. It's funny but I don't think I like DOA5 at all, I've sat in LR training room but never played it against anyone. Having played a few matches of DOA5 way back I think it boils down to.

Combos feel way too long, juggle fest length and strings that you do connect feel like they do no damage. Compared to 2 or 3. And with all the new system changes they added in since then, like the revenge move and such, feels kind of shit. Also think if I were to learn the games that 3 would be preferred with the 3 point hold system, 4 options seems more like guessing that would heavily benefit characters with fast attackings and just whaling on your opponents as much as possible while hoping they can never hold you. But I know very little.

What do you think of DoA5 abandoning the cartoony look for characters and making them more realistic looking?

Fuck I'm glad you asked me that I was supposed to mention.

The old cartoony look wipes the floor with the modern look. When you remove aliasing from the cartoony games like (DOA4), or play on a smaller screen (DOA2 mostly, 3 slightly) then the game is miles ahead visually of DOA5. You see art direction matters, especially in motion, plus I think it gave the games a lot more charm, especially for wider audiences. It's quite sad it moved away from the thing that made it stand out, much like SoulCalibur II onwards.

Technically the new games are better but that's where it ends and you would think that's idiot proof to understand but some people refuse. If we could've had the old art direction with the level of hardware we have now we could have one of the best looking fighters.

Especially for fluidity and recognising moves/animations the art direction was way important. With the new look I can't see shit half the time, everything is just a blob of dark, grey and browns with overly detailed character models instead of smooth colours.

So yes visuals, part of the reason I'm jumping back to screw around with the old games. Add to that the never ending combos, and the lifebars that feel like the don't go down at times and well it feels crappy.

I was reading a thread about similar sentiments and remembered someone took nice screenies. And these are from DOA4, where they did start adding a little more detail on surfaces that made it look less cartooney but in motion you barely notice them, still same old goodness.

I was supposed to finish by saying Team Ninja have went downhill without Itagaki very quickly. He was the brains that kept DOA, Gaiden and Xtreme good, his children.

The same thing seems to apply to Itagaki without Team Ninja, the two sorta need each other in a way.

I guess I'll give it a look then. I hope both games are backwards compatible on 360, though I want to give Sigma 1 a play before since thats more easy to find in the wild.

Now that's autism

To be fair to OP playing Ninja Gaiden Black requires an Xbox. If you're not American there is no reason to have an Xbox.

Emulation never ever.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is somewhat acceptable.

I had only played Black for so long. I wasn't even aware there was a second NG until years after my Xbox had died and I had dropped consoles.

Man I loved Black. The fights, the weapons(easily the most satisfying Staff and nunchucks I've used in any video game), the bosses(Doku, Murai, so damned good), I just loved everything about it. I wish there were PC versions for Black or Sigma(I hear it has a 2kat which is really neat) or even the second game.

Man imagine my disappointment with Yaiba. I watched a combat announce trailer and I thought "hey, a ninja gaiden spinoff that decides to take the piss out of everything and Ryu's still a badass and does a really sick Izuna drop? This might make for a reall good MGRR type game for the series and it might just show people want NG on PC!".
I don't know who to even blame it's many misgivings on. Because everything good in Yaiba is offset by at least two bad things and I don't know if I should pin the bad on Comcept, Spark Unlimited and Team Ninja seprately or pin the blame on all of them. From what I've played of Devils Third it doesn't really feel like a good game(or maybe it's because they're retards and gave only the multiplayer version out for PC so I don't really know how much better or worse TN got after Itagaki

Didn't realise it was even out yet. I was thinking of buying it but from videos it looks like some F2P Nexon tier garbage on PC.

Oh I forgot to ask, is Ninja Blade by From Software as good as Ninja Gaiden Black? If it's just good I'll play it but as long as it isn't just acceptable. I know NGB is just really good and probably doesn't have an equal but I'll take second best if it's close.

Yeah it really disappointed me, which is a shame because the TPS/Cuhrayzee hybrid it was hyping itself up to be was something I've been looking for since it's announcement. I guess all that publisher switching really screwed it up.

Ninja blade is pretty mediocre and filled with QTEs
I finished the whole game in one go at a friends place

So I'm shit out of luck if I want to play something similar that's not part of the series?
Before you suggest it I have played Shinobi and Nightshade and I like them a lot, just not as much as NGB

Eh you can give it a try, it did scratch my itch even though it had plenty of "oh fuck not another QTE + cutscene" moments. Dont expect it to get too challenging though

Doesn't the decap only work on enemies not at full strength?

I'm yuro so it only worked on demons, but I can't remember. Maybe after you upgrade the sword a few times it becames insta.

I didn't realise OP the faggot was talking about NG3. I read OP like he played it, and then realised it was shit and bought the originals.

There is no decapitation in Yuro versions on humans. Humans can be decapitated only in the US version. For PS3 Sigma at least.