Shovel Knight

Yet another Shovel Knight "mod" confirmed

yachtclubgames.com/2016/09/specter-of-torment/

Other urls found in this thread:

yachtclubgames.com/2016/07/japan-localization/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why did it even take so long? Plague Knight's campaign was like a year or 2 ago.
Still, his abilities look just as fun and speed oreinted as Plague Knight's abilities were, I'm excited.

I'm not. Make a new game.
They just had you rehash the game as a new character and now they're gonna have you do that again.

It was kickstarter stretch goals, I doubt they could drop them and make a new game without pissing off people.

I'm certain I'll enjoy playing through it when it comes out like I did for Plague Knight but it will probably disappoint me in the same ways. The amount of actually new material in each level of the Plague Knight campaign was super disappointing and despite them saying Specter Knight will have more changes than Plague did the moveset they've shown off for him makes me think it's going to be basically the same levels again but with maybe two new rooms instead of just one.

I get that feeling yeah. Either the guy showcasing is shit at going fast with Specter Knight or this is really as fast as he can go, if the latter's the case I really hope the levels get refitted to suit and challenge his abilities. Wouldn't want another Mega Man X4/5

I can never play this game without getting pissed off.

Also I kind of hoped for a scythe throw, since it probably is his iconic move in the boss fight. Maybe it's an ability that takes up that Darkness meter?

9/10 bait, I responded.

I'm excited for this, and I'm glad they're still supporting the game

But uh, what are they doing for money? Did Shovel Knight really make that much money to support them this long? Surely they're working on projects alongside this right?

Maybe they are making enough money as it's going along, considering they keep announcing a new port for everything under the sun. Ouya version next?

Coasting on that sweet Amiibo money

I doubt the ouya could even handle the game.

Publishing other indie games and porting Shovel Knight to every fucking platform.
I'll not be surprised when they announce an official NES port.

Is there a mobile one yet? Mobileshits is where the money is at now.

Yacht club publishes other games? News to me.

What?

Hold up, this thread is unnervingly calm towards the game. Why isn't anyone shitting on it and calling it shit like they were a year ago?

They will only publish Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 and Striker Pack And I'm waiting madly for them
I anted to make a thread to ask what anons think of Yatch Club. Their approach looks nice enough. yachtclubgames.com/2016/07/japan-localization/

They were? I thought most anons liked Shovel Knight.

When did Holla Forums hate Shovel Knight? All I remember us hating was the amiibo and the Gamegrumps shit.

It's been a shit year user. I think most people here are content with playing an actual videogame, even if it just alright.

I don't know. Do you want to talk about Shovel Knight's flaws?
I really hated how easy it is. And I also really hated how inconsistent some of the animations and graphics are. And how some stuff pretty much breaks the game and some platforming(phase amulet/propeller dagger)
But I still really enjoyed it and Plague Knight's mechanics were pretty good.

There's a second Azure Striker?
Actually I haven't played the game, is the pc port any decent?

Holla Forums has conditioned me for so long into thinking that I should only be playing the best games, or games that aren't hyped that I got to the point where I got fed up and immediately started pirating a fuckton of "shit" games like gaylo 1 and cod4. Having much more fun now, though anything is better than a walking sim or shit with tons of set pieces.

What is there to complain about?

Yes, and there will be a double pack for the3DS that will include everything the Steam version of the first game had.
Yeah, but I didn't like it. They half assed it with a "clickable screen", without mentioning the aspect ratio is terrible, same with Code Princess. That's why I'm excited for the double pack.

Everything that comes out now is shit, so a decent game is a pleasant surprise. You should still pirate everything, tho, for your own money and the destruction of the fucking industry :^)